Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Borrowing on Bad Faith! (490)

This episode was pretty good. It was great to see Jessie do something nice for once when she rescued Aipom. I found it kinda funny when Ash was observing Jessie and Aipom train for the contest. Aipom was pretty good in the preliminary rounds. It was pretty funny when Ash woke from his daydream in front of an audience. IMO, rather than getting confused with Aipom’s Double Team, Dawn should’ve just used Discharge (since it hits all targets). I found it funny when TR took the bananas they won thinking they stole it. Despite the lame “slipping on the banana peel” joke, it was pretty funny when it happened with Ash. It was pretty funny when Aipom only wanted to win the contest for the bananas.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Aipom humped Jessie's face...

^I noticed that too. x_x

An alright ep, I still enjoy the contests even though this was only a small one. It was cool seeing Aipom participate in one again, makes you wonder if Ash really will trade it to Dawn.

Still think Wobbuffet's being phased out a little though, this is the second ep in a row in which it only appears at the end of the motto - doesn't even pop out when they're blasting off.

I loved how Aipom only wanted the bananas.

What did Team Rocket say when they got blasted off?

An okay episode overall! I will say that James is on a roll this week! First he calls Hunter J a hussy and wench and now all of the old jokes about Jessie. That's just a hoot with me! And even though I hate her to no end, I'm glad that Jessie won for a change. It's nice that since Battle Frontier, Team Rocket is finally winning something.

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

I was so happy for Jessie. But its not fair that Ash and his friends stole their fruit. They only did that because Dawn was mad that she lost.
    I bet they ate all the fruit off-screen and Dawn said:
    "That Jessie, she thinks I would let her get away with beating me. Its not enough that she’s better looking than me, she actually thought she would get away with the prize.”
    Brock: Its ok Dawn, if Team Rocket ever wins anything than we'll stop them.
    Ash: Yeah, you can count on us to never let Team Rocket be happy.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    But its not fair that Ash and his friends stole their fruit.
    What the heck are you talking about? No they didn't. Did you even watch the episode?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBuddyBud View Post
    1. Hoorah Dawn lost
    2. Aipom = Extreme annoyance

BLASPHEMY! You have provoked my anger! May millions of Aipoms rain down upon you!!!1oneel!!eventyhundred!!1two!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, in the episode topic, this was alright, aside from the mediocre animation. I know Aipom stays because of the pics from future episodes, but I still was upset about it leaving for Jessie. Poor Ash, embarassing himself, by reenacting his daydream during the contest, making everyone stare.

I'm glad Dawn lost, it really shows that she's a rookie. But I do have a complaint; why didn't she use Thunder Seals for Pachirisu?! Piplup gets Foamy Seals, why does Pachirisu havde to share Heart Seals with Buneary?!

And, it was teh funnyzors at the end when TR thought they were stealing the bananas. But the twerps were like. "Uh..You won, why would we stop you?" Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't stop them this time if they stop them from getting WILD Pokemon, since it's fair game.

LOL at my Unofficial Bishie only teaming up with jessie for the bananas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

I'm glad jessie finally won something:-P
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Did anyone notice that they kept the other version of Hikari's theme during the Pachirisu appeal? Is this the first time they've done this?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

I thought the episode was decent, it was funny seeing Jessie win her first contest, even though it was unofficial. I liked seeing Ash having to deal with all of it too. xD Thought that was funny.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/246057s.jpg[/IMG]
    kyo sohma is my bishie (:

&*heres__ to the note |she| wrote
    well RAISE a finger
    obscene g e s t u r e s , so she said
    but i only said sweet things to get you in b e d;

touch me, tease me - a day away
    drew club + couples claimed ___.

A definite favourite so far, we got to see Aipom doing what she does best, participating in a contest.

I found how Aipom and Jessie connected initially to be quite cute and I think they suited well as temporary partners, I hope we get a chance to see Aipom helping Jessie out again in the future, though it is doubtful.

Aipom eating the bananas at the end was adorable, to say the least, it made the episode for me, Aipom needed this sort of thing, rather than just to sit on Ash's head or whatever else...

7/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

I love it when one of Ash's Pokemon get more attention than Pikachu. I thought Aipom and Pachirusu were adorable in this episode.

And Aipom humping Jessies face lol

I liked this episode i think the contest episodes are starting to become my favourites and it was good to see jessie win her first contest. And im also starting to love Pachirusu i think its just so cute ^_^

I it was a Filler Becuase Dawn lost...again
    A fan of SpongeBob and a fan of May/Haruka

This Banner is made by Amazingkiss

[IMG]http://i12.*******.com/2djb15c.png[/IMG]
    This Banner is made by Umi Mizuno
    I love May fans & SpongeBob fans

The moment where Team Rocket steals the fruits they won fair and square was really "lol".
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

Someone please tell Ash to grow up and stop acting like a baby. I liked the episode tough. If only Aipom stayed with Jesse. That would've rocked. What happened to the Bananas at the end?

I really enjoyed this episode, it was one of my favorites of the tenth season. It was great to see Jessie finally win a contest, even if it was an unofficial one (at least she won a real one the following season), plus there was actually a possibilty that Aipom might leave Ash. Watching the episode again recently I'm sure now that I don't think Aipom would have left, but it made for dramatic possibilities. Ash being upset at the thought of that was nice. I also loved how the twerps didn't go after Team Rocket as they went away with the bananas, James thought it was because they were scared, and the twerps pointed out that Team Rocket didn't actually steal anything this time. LOL

Awesome episode. Plus, it was neat to see Jessie actually compete as herself for a change, and it was nice that she saved Aipom's life.
    Last edited by wobbanut; 23rd August 2008 at 10:13 PM.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Aw, I liked this ep. Jessie and Aipom really connected, which surprised me. I'm glad that they won... even though the contest was unofficial. lol they 'stole' the bananas... I guess the ol' saying is true, "a leopard can't change its spots."

Aw, I felt sad for Ash when Aipom ran off... I shoulda guessed it was because she was after the bananas XD; Oh man, the ol' banana peel gag... *facepalm*
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Aipom was great in this episode. I liked her performance in the contest, and I thought Jessie and Aipom connected really well. I miss Aipom actually, now it's just an Ambipom on Dawn (and Piplup's) team. Team Rocket were sure disappointed about missing out on the bananas, if they think they'd have to resort to eating ribbons...

it was good for jessie to win the contest if you ask me, it might not have been an officialone but it was certainly good.

Finally Jessie have a ribbon..im happy for her
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I'm giving an extra viewing today. After all, I skipped a few days since I've been so, so happy about my Xanax. I don't have to smoke with friends, but I can still feel high with them.

Before this episode, we had gone a year without Yusaku Takeda, and what an amazing year it was. Alas, Takeda returns triumphantly and in style...or lack thereof. And honestly, this episode had some stellar potential but was executed in a very mediocre fashion. The idea of TR borrowing one of the gang's Pokemon, and in an honest fashion, had never been done before, and Musashi-centered episodes have a positive track record. But when the biggest thing that keeps you awake is how off-model everything appears, you can really see how little the potential was utilized. It's the last time we see Pachirisu really be significant for quite a while, and it's a shame that its battle is so very dull.

In spite of being an unofficial contest, it was nice to see Musashi actually pull off a win. But even though the writers feel like they have to do away with Team Rocket every episode, they feel cheated at the ending. I was finally starting to like Aipom at this point, but its antics sort of send me over the edge here. And in spite of this episode presenting a few things uniquely, nothing strikes the viewer as being exciting and diminishes the episode to being totally expendable. The battle between Aipom and Pachirisu is boring, and while the moments with Satoshi's bitterness about the situation are interesting, the writers fail to take it anywhere intriguing from there.

C-

Random aside: I can't believe I used the term "weaksauce" in my initial review. Oh, silly 2007 Suikun.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Great episode, i loved the mini-contest.

Aipom was strong, too bad it defeated Dawn's Pachirisu.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It's not fair! Jessie won the contest but still didn't get the fruit in the end? I guess team rocket never has any luck.
    But except for that, was it a great episode.

8.5/10

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast