Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shattered Memories (SpecialShipping fic)

Default Shattered Memories (SpecialShipping fic)

Hello everyone, I am sorry about the disappearance of Unspoken Feelings it just seemed that my life was too busy back then and I also didn't really like the outcome of the story. But anyways, this is a new fan-fiction with a deep plot of love, loss and adventure.

The rating for the fan-fiction is PG with a slight chance of PG-13. I hope you enjoy it!

~Orenji-chan

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Shattered Memories
    Chapter 1: Unlocking the Truth

Yellow appeared slowly out of the darkness, into a clearing which the sun was peering though the trees. The young girl glanced around for a moment, with Chuchu on her shoulder. Yellow could sense that something strange was nearby, almost mysterious as she glanced over at Chuchu who nodded. The young girl nodded swiftly in return, Chuchu jumped off of her trainer’s shoulder.

“He’ll be a lot stronger than our last encounter Chuchu; it’s been almost eight years since then.” She stated under her breath as Chuchu glanced at her trainer, nodding quietly before her ears twitched. It had been eight years since Yellow’s last encounter with Lance at Cerise Island, and now he had threatened Viridian Forest.

But of course, back then things were different; her pokemon weren’t as strong as they were now and she didn’t have Chuchu. But now her pokemon fully evolved with new moves to attack any foe that came her way, Yellow had been trying for quite some time now in this forest alone with them. Her hazel gaze gleamed with satisfaction for a moment as she thought of all of the training that they had gone through. Yellow blinked the distracting thoughts away as she tried to regain focus, to focus on the battle which would commence soon. The young girl then noticed a small puddle of water; it was a few feet away from her as she pondered over with pure curiosity.

The small puddle had contained crystal-clear water; it was surrounded by a small patch of grass. The grass seemed quite fertile considering that it was spring time, the perfect time of year in Viridian Forest. She then noticed a small leaf which was floating in the center of the puddle, glancing at it for a moment before turning her head to the underbrush, the clearing suddenly became quite as Yellow strolled back over to her position. She then noticed what the forest was trying to tell her, it had become completely silent. The only noise that Yellow could hear was the small breaths of Chuchu and the nervous beatings of her heart.

Then the silent was broken, in a split second something appeared out of the bracken in front of them. It was a pokemon which seemed too familiar to the girl, glancing over at Chuchu who nodded. They wouldn’t attack until Lance had appeared which seemed to be in a few moments after his dragonair’s appearance.

The man had appeared out of a nearby bush, his bright, golden gaze gleamed in the sunlight as he glanced over at Yellow. Her eyes widened for a moment, clenching her fist, trying to calm herself down. Lance smiled slightly, taking the small leave which was floating peacefully in the puddle below his feet. “The forest told you, didn’t it?” He asked the young blond, who nodded curtly in response.

“Yes, the forest told me that it was going to be attacked…” She stated, glancing over at the man before continuing, “But that’s what you’d expect from the gifted child of Viridian, now wouldn’t you Lance?” She asked, a small smile appeared on her face as the man blinked in response. “Yes, I suppose Yellow.” He replied before they both nodded, their pokemon taking their positions. “But now…” He stated before Yellow’s eyes glinted with excitement, “I’m not going to hold back.”

The dragonair then leapt at Chuchu, the electric-mouse pokemon jumped out of the way, evading the attack. “Quick Chuchu, use a thunderbolt attack!” She ordered as her pokemon nodded in response, producing a bolt of electricity from her crimson cheeks. The dragonair moved swiftly out of the way of the pokemon, evading its attack once more.

It seemed after all of these years that the two pokemon had gotten stronger, their strength were almost matched. The dragonair then leapt itself at Chuchu, ramming its tail against the pikachu as the pokemon flew into the air, unable to fight back as it was thrown against a nearby tree. Chuchu let out a small cry of pain, wincing out in pain as she blinked in response. “Chuchu…” Yellow muttered under her breath, glancing back at Lance who smiled slightly.

“I see your attacks still need some work Yellow.” He said as Yellow glared back at the crimson-haired boy. “Be quiet Lance, I’ve defeated you before.” But before the Elite Four member could reply, the battle had continued. Their pokemon’s eyes gleaming with rage as Chuchu rammed her glowing tail against the dragonair’s brow.

The dragon pokemon closed its eyes as it let out a small cry of agony, before falling backwards to recover from the move for a moment. The two pokemon’s gazes locked for a moment, before they both began to pick up speed, running at each other as they gained momentum with every movement of their legs.

“Chuchu, now use a thunder attack!” Yellow yelled into the clearing, her pokemon nodding swiftly as the pokemon released another bolt of electricity from her red cheeks once more. The dragonair let out a screech; Chuchu stopped midway in the air as she winced out in pain, her ears twitched in discomfort.

The dragonair then let out a single, bright beam of light from its mouth. The pikachu, unable to react in time as the attack threw her against another tree. Her body began to show results of the battle, a few cuts and bruises began to appear on her skin.

Then, out of the blue, the electric mouse pokemon sat up. The two pokemon went at it again, throwing a salvo of attacks at each other. The pokemon dodging the attacks with grace, their eyes were gleaming with determination as Chuchu landed on her all fours.

“Pikachu pi!” She exclaimed, picking up the pace as Yellow and Lance nodded, their gazes were filled with anxiousness as Yellow clenched her fist. “Chuchu, attack quickly with another thunder attack!” She yelled into the clearing, Lance smiled slightly as he did the same, ordering his pokemon do make the same moves as Chuchu.

Yellow’s eyes widened as she glanced over at Lance, who seemed to be smiling in satisfaction. “Yes, my pokemon can also learn the move thunder. Now, it will be a test to see which one is strong.” He stated quickly, Yellow blinked as she turned her full attention back to the battle. Chuchu and Dragonair were running at each other, head on once more as they both released a huge amount of electricity from their bodies.

Once the attack collided, there was a huge explosion. The smoke clouded the young girl’s vision as she closed her eyes for a moment, waiting for her vision to clear. Her eyes then widened with fear, noticing that Chuchu and Dragonair were knocked out, fainted from their final attack. Yellow then glanced across the clearing, noticing that Lance had disappeared.

“Lance, where did you go?” She asked herself, glancing around quickly before noticing something. In the puddle in which she was staring at before, the single, green leaf which was floating in the water was shining with some mystical power. Her hazel gaze rested on the sight for a few moments, before turning her head away from the mysterious sight. The young trainer then realized where Lance was, right behind her.

Lance smiled slightly, slipping his hand out of his cloak, which seemed to be same shade as the leaf. “Hello Yellow.” He greeted the young girl, placing his glimmering hand on her brow. The young girl’s eyes widened as she fell to her knees, beginning to feel overcome with exhaustion.

“W-What are you doing, Lance?” Yellow inquired, trying not sound over come.

“The curse of Viridian, I want the curse.” He replied as Yellow blinked, unable to comprehend what the man was talking about. “I want the curse for my own, I only have the gift. I want it all for myself.” Lance replied Yellow’s eyes widened as her hand began to shake in discomfort. “Y-You know about the curse of Viridian?” She asked the man, who nodded in response.

“Yes, the curse which is passed down from generation to generation, but for some odd reason it was given to you. That’s why everyone in Viridian City was so protective of you that are why they were afraid that day when you got lost in Viridian Forest. But it was the perfect opportunity to find you, to seek you out and to obtain the curse.” He replied. Yellow nodded swiftly as she felt unable to move, or even speak as she was over come from shock.

Someone else knew about the curse. Not telling a single soul about the curse which was inflicted on her body. Her father hated her for it, detested it by all means by having the child of Viridian, the child of the cursed soul. The curse which was given to the child with the most power, at the time it seemed to select Yellow. But she was the only one in a long time who was inflicted with it, but now, it seemed that Lance was after it. He wanted it for a power, and only that, not wanting it to protect the forest, their only home.

Lance smiled in satisfaction, glancing down at Yellow who had seemed to have come over with shock that he had figured it out. “Yellow, you must show me “the true form”.” He requested Yellow shook her head in response as her eyes were still wide with pure fear. “N-No, I can’t it’s forbidden to show anyone.” She stated her hand began to tremble with more discomfort, wondering if someone was going to save her from this disaster.

“Fine, if you won’t show me. Then I’ll just have to unlock it.”

“Please don’t do it Lance…”

“It’s all that I’ve ever wanted. I am your power for my own.”

But before Yellow could protest anymore, Lance closed his eyes in deep concentration as he began to mutter the words under his breath. The words to activate the curse’s true form, the form in which the user wasn’t supposed to show anyone or else something bad might happen. Lance began to mutter the enchantment, letting Yellow’s eyes close as if she was in a daze.

“By the power of the forest, let this life pass through
    Let me see the true form of this creature
    Let me see what this child has to show to show me
    Let me see what you don’t want anyone else to see
    Let me know what the curse of Viridian truly is.”

Lance chanted, Yellow was unable to protest, to even make a sudden move to stop this madness. But she had to obey; it was the way of the forest. The chant which unlocked the true form, the curse in which Yellow was afraid to show anyone else. The young girl opened her eyes; they changed into a dark navy, the color of rain which would drench the forest in the times of spring. But then, the next step was more painful as a single tear trailed down her cheek, into the ground as she couldn’t do anything but cry.

Lance smiled, pulling his hand back to his side, falling backwards as Yellow looked down at ground. “Lance…” She whispered under her breath, not continuing on as she glared back at him, her gaze filled with hatred towards the man. The silence was broken as a harsh gust of wind rippled through the clearing as the clouds covered the sun’s view. Yellow unable to stop what was going on; a single seal appeared on the girl’s brow, the seal of Viridian. The seal was the lightest shade of green, it gleamed in the darkness.

The wind continued to ripple violently through the clearing, then for a moment Yellow stood up, unable to speak as she felt over come by the feelings in her body. Only wishing that there was a way of stopping herself, but it was too late, this had to be done. This was the only way to protect the forest, she was the guardian of it and this was her only duty, to protect it with her life.

But then, the wind stopped suddenly, Lance’s eyes widened as he realized what he had truly done. Wondering what would happen next as there was anther silence but this time, it was broken by a single, loud ‘rip’. Two wings appeared out of Yellow’s back, the wings which were fragile, the feathers almost looked like leaves as Yellow’s eyes widened as she winced out in pain. This was the true form of the cursed child, the thing in which her father couldn’t even look at.

Lance glanced at Yellow, her eyes were cold as ice as the final tear had feel from her eyes, almost noticing that there was something wrong with her. He knew that he had done something wrong, this power was too much for him to handle as he ran at the girl. His golden, bright gaze gleaming with anticipation as he reached out for her brow. But there was no avail as he was stopped abruptly, feeling Yellow’s tight grip on his wrist.

“Don’t look at me, don’t even touch me.” Yellow stated her eye color went back to normal; her eyes were a deep hazel once more. She began to cry once more for a moment, her wings twitched with discomfort. Lance nodded swiftly, moving his hand back down to his side before clenching his fist. “Very well then Yellow…” He replied before noticing another dragonair which had appeared behind him. “But I still want your power…” He replied, his dragonair appeared beside him, its mouth open as it was ready to attack the young girl as it was trained to do.

“Please, don’t hurt me.”

Yellow could only reply as Lance smiled slightly, Dragonair nodded as it bit into one of the wings. There was a huge ‘shatter’ as Yellow’s eyes widened, one of her wings was broken in half, it feel off as it shattered on the ground.

Lance caught gathered them, this was the true power of the curse, but she was still learning how to control it. “Perfect…” The man replied as Yellow closed her eyes, feeling as if parts of her mind were shattered as well. The young girl fell backwards, feeling quite light headed as she wondered what had just happened.

Lance smiled in satisfaction, disappearing into the darkness with Dragonair beside him; He had gotten what he had come for, the power of the curse.

Then she felt as if something had caught her, opening her eyes for a moment before the darkness as surrounded her view. She had slipped back into her normal form as she recognized the face, it was Red.

His dark brown gaze was filled with concern for the girl, almost as if he wanted to know what had just happened to her. But he was too overcome by sorrow, too overcome that he wasn’t here to help Yellow in her times of need.

The only word in which he could whisper back in reply before Yellow blacked out in exhaustion:

“Yellow…”
    Last edited by Orenji-chan; 2nd April 2007 at 4:40 PM.

Wow, it's great. I'll read this with pleasure. But are you going to put all Manga characters (Includes Ruby + Sapphire) or only the 4 of kanto? Because in the manga she said something about bringing the pokedexes together. Well, it's just great

Thank you for the review Seviper009, I have only planned for Silver to make an apperance. But I might just bring in the four Kanto characters and Silver. I'll get the next chapter up in a few days or so.

PM LIST:
    Seviper009

~Orenji-chan
    Last edited by Orenji-chan; 10th March 2007 at 4:53 PM.

Wow Orenji-chan. Your story is awesome. But it was really messed up to see Lance to treating Yellow so badly. Anyways great story Orenji-chan. Can't wait to see the next chapter^^
    .::Signature is being remodel::.

Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments! I will start on chapter two later on tonight! ^^

PM LIST:

Seviper009
    Shadow Ichigo

I made it a different ending to the chapter, it will make sense in chapter 2! ^^

See you, Orenji-chan
    Last edited by Orenji-chan; 13th March 2007 at 4:07 AM.

Another great start to a story Orenji-chan! This was like excellent. I loved the descriptions for the battle, transformation and of the emotion. Just brillent Orenji-chan, just brillent! I'll be waiting for chapter 2 with much antitipation.
    Best friends forever and beyond with Orenji-chan!
    Good friends with Misty Lover and
    friends with XxM!styxX, Genkiness and Artemis Ignitan.
    Koiyuki's PokePet
    Sakura the level 67 Cherrim!
    I won a shipping oscar! Look at my prize: My Prize

Here's chapter two, I hope you guys enjoy it and I am terribly sorry that it took a WEEK to finish!

Spoiler:- Updated PM List:

See you guys around.

~Orenji-chan

~*~*~*~*~*~

Shattered Memories
    Chapter 2: Book of Secrets

It began to rain quite hard in the clearing; the dark, eerie clouds covered the sky. The rain seemed to drip slowly off of the leaves, into the ground which made a small ‘splash’ with each drip. The air seemed to become cold; the forest had a emotion to it. Like something was lost, but the truth was that the protector of the forest had lost her battle. The battle which was lost fought to protect Viridian Forest against its own kind, Lance.

Red glanced down at Yellow, who had seemed to black out after her battle. The young man glanced around the clearing, noticing that Chuchu had blacked out as well. “What happened?” He asked himself, before leaving Yellow on the ground as he padded over to Chuchu.

The trainer picked up Chuchu, in his arms before Pika appeared at his side. “Pika chu?” he asked Red who blinked, glancing at his pokemon. “I guess we were late again Pika, I hope Yellow’s alright.” he stated briefly before glancing down at Chuchu, who he had laid down next to Yellow. “I hope Chuchu’s alright as well.” he added, Pika nodded as he jumped from his trainer’s shoulder, next to Chuchu. Red smiled slightly, taking out his poke gear.

His fingers rapidly pressed the keys, to dial someone number who might be able to help Yellow with her current situation. “Blue, it’s me Red. I found Yellow; she must have encountered Lance again.” he confirmed, glancing down at her body which seemed to be quite damage from what Lance had done to her. “Okay, I’ll meet you back at my house. Okay, bye.” he replied in response, closing the poke gear with a small ‘click’. The young trainer slipped it quickly into his pocket, looking over at Pika for a moment, he sighed.

“We’d better get back to the house, so we can figure out what’s wrong with Yellow.” he suggested as Pika nodded swiftly, Red picked Yellow up once more. She seemed a bit lighter than Red expect, he began to make his way back towards his house with Pika in tow, who was trying to carry Chuchu like his trainer. Red’s russet gaze glanced down at Yellow; her body seemed to become colder with each step that he took. His gaze began to fill with concern for the young girl once more as he picked up the pace, making his way quickly towards house.

~*~*~

“Is she alright Red?” Blue asked with a gleam of question in her gaze, Red shook his head in response. “L-Like I said before, she was fighting Lance. When I found her it seemed that her skin’s temperature had changed.” he declared as Blue nodded swiftly, taking Yellow as she laid her down on the bed which was placed into the floor. “Don’t worry Red, I’ll help you take care of her.” she assured the boy as Red nodded slightly, kneeling next to Yellow as he put his hand into her brow. She seemed to feel a little bit better, her body started to become warmer since they had arrived.

Blue decided to leave Red with Yellow as she slipped out of the room; she picked up her phone which seemed to be vibrating. “Hello?” she asked into the speaker, her eyes widened as she nodded swiftly. “Okay Silver, I’ll tell Red.” she replied as she ended the conversation with a ‘click’ of the receiver and walked back into the room.

Red lifted his head, blinking out of his trance. “Who was that Blue?” he asked with a gleam of interest in his toffee gaze.

Blue turned her attention to Yellow, not noticing Red as she took out something out of her bag. The bag seemed quite new, she had kept it since they day in which she had been reunited with her parents. Blue brushed the dust off of the book’s cover, glancing down at it before handing it to Red who blinked in confusion.

“What is this Blue?” he asked, glancing down at the book which seemed to have a dark brown cover, some of the pages seemed to be slipping out. The young boy flipped it open to the title page which read:

Viridian Forest
    The secrets revealed

Red turned his gaze away from the cover, glancing back at Blue with a gleam of confusion in his russet gaze. “What is this about Blue?” he inquired, before glancing back at Yellow for a moment. Hoping that she would be alright as he saw her chest rise and fall with each breath.

Blue sighed, twirling a strand of her brunette hair around her figure. She then noticed that Red didn’t seem to be paying attention. “The book’s about Viridian Forest and I was instructed to give it to you by Silver,” she stated before continuing on in her explanation. “Giovanni was the one who wrote it, but it was taken away by Lance. But I guess you could say when Silver was Lance’s pawn, he stole it. He was very interested by the information, even though most of the book had fallen apart. Also, that most of the pages had fallen out.” She pointed out, placing her index finger on the book’s cover.

Red blinked, nodding slightly as he turned his gaze back towards Blue. “How did Lance figure out how to inflict such pain and stress onto Yellow’s body?” Red asked with a gleam of interest in his eyes. Trying to figure out what had happened to Yellow, but he could only hope that she was alright.

Blue blinked swiftly in response, “He read that book, and Lance has earned a few things in which he had torn out of this very book. So I guess the rest of it is unknown.” she responded, looking worryingly over at Yellow for a moment before glancing down at the book’s cover.

Red blinked as he stood up, walking slowly over towards Yellow as he kneeled down next to her. His gaze became soft in an instant as his eyes trailed over her face, which seemed to be quite calm. Her long, straight, blond hair seemed to be well taken care of, after all of these years. Her eye lashes seemed to be the same length as they always had been, casting shadows on her cheeks.

Red smiled slightly, “At least she still looks the same.” He whispered under his breath before continuing. “But I hope that she’ll be alright.” he opened his eyes; his gaze was still soft as he glanced over at Blue.

The young girl seemed to be smiling with a gleam of mischief on her face, Red blinked in response. “What is it?” he asked, trying not to sound too embarrassed. “You care for her, don’t you?” she asked with a gleam of uncertainness in her brown gaze.

Red could feel his cheeks turn the smallest radiance of crimson. “W-We’re just friends Blue.” he stuttered in response, Blue let out a small smirk of amusement. “Just friends Red, then why are you blushing?” she asked, wondering how the boy would respond.

“I-I don’t know Blue, it’s just I haven’t seen her up close before!” he replied back, trying not to yell as one of his hands began to tremble with discomfort. Blue smiled slightly, glancing down at his hand which seemed to be holding onto something else, Yellow’s hand. “Well then Red, why are you two holding hands?” She asked; her eyes gleamed with a small glint of mischief in her eyes. Red blinked, looking down at his trembling hand which was holding tightly onto Yellow’s.

In despite of this awkward position Red had put himself in; he seemed quite comforted by the feeling of Yellow’s warm hand which seemed to do the same to his. He smiled slightly, then turning his gaze to Blue. “It just happened….” he replied, before reluctantly letting go of it. The smile faded in an instant as he stood up and walked back over to Blue.

Blue blinked in response, leaning her weight against the nearby wall. The crimson-haired girl’s arms were crossed patiently across her chest. She smiled slightly as it faded, noticing that Red seemed to be a bit upset about something.

Red looked over at Blue, his brown gaze changed emotions in an instant. The emotion changed from happiness to pure concern for the blond-haired girl. He glanced down at his hand, sighing in annoyance as he glanced back at up at Blue. He locked gazes with her for a moment, his eyes gleamed with determination. “I’m just worried about her, that’s all. I mean she’s always been there for me, I mean she even risked her life to save me once!” he admitted, glancing down at his hand which seemed to be hanging down by his torso.

The light seemed to be reflecting dimly off of his hand, it seemed to be quite tan. “That’s why Blue, that’s the only reason.” he stated Blue blinked as she dipped her head in apology.

“I’m sorry Red, I didn’t mean to make you upset.” she replied, glancing down at her own sparkling, black shoes. Her gaze seemed to be filled with concern as well, “You’re not the only one who’s worried, and I’m worried for Yellow as well.” she admitted, looking past Red at the young blond, who still seemed to be knocked out.

Red nodded slightly, slipping his hand into his jean pocket. “Yeah, so what should we do know?” he asked, trying not to sound too sad about the incident which had been inflicted into Yellow.

Blue blinked, before standing up. “I have to leave, I’m sorry Red,” She responded, slipping out of Red’s house with a 'swish of the sliding door.

The young man blinked in response, sighed as he leaned his weight against the wall. He then slipped slowly down towards the ground until he heard a small thump as reached the wooden, cold floor. He blinked, before turning his gaze towards the window.

The window seemed to be quite well taken care of; its glass still seemed to be shiny after eighteen years. Eighteen years, that’s when Red had moved into this house when he was just a few weeks old. His parents had been traveling the world with their son, but they finally settled down after the long trip from region to region. The rain began to drip quickly off of the window; its cold touch seemed to leave a few markings on the surface as Red smiled slightly.

“At least something seems normal around here.” he thought to himself, before opening the book in which Blue had given to him a few minutes ago. The young girl was correct; the book was quite old with many pages ripped or either torn in some manner. Despite the current condition of the paperback, Red began to scan quickly through the pages of the book:

The children of Viridian have been blessed with the gift of healing pokemon and reading their minds. It had been given to only a few known children of this mysterious grove. But lucky, the children have been able to keep control of their powers. To make sure that the forest was safe.

But recently, there has been a new discovery of this forest. In the middle of the forest, a strange shrine had been built from many years ago. It proclaims that the Viridian people also have another thing in which a child can be born with. It has been proclaimed as the Curse of Viridian.

This curse has been very rarely given to the people of this forest, but since it has been discovered there has been no one inflicted with it. The curse is given to a child who has enough spiritual and physical energy to endure any challenge that may come their way, their duty is to protect the forest. But with this curse, there is also the true form. Which if reckoned with, the cursed child may not be able to control.

If the child is too young to understand truly what has happened to them at this point, all hope should seem to be lost.
    The things in which could happen to the child if it was faced by another foe, someone who was trying to harm the forest. The results could be either bloodshed of even worse, death.

The true form’s appearance has still not been discovered but one thing is certain, the cursed child has wings which are confirmed to be leaves…..

Red blinked, glancing down at the page as he turned to process the information which he had just discovered. The young boy dropped the book as he realized that was all of the contents in the book, the rest of it had been ripped out by Lance. His eyes widend for a moment, wondering what it was going to say next but he that he would just have to figure that out on his own.

Lance, it seemed was one of the gifted children of Viridian and that he wanted the curse as well.

“That’s why Yellow protected the forest,” he whispered under his breath before continuing, “It’s because she’s inflicted with the curse. But I hope that the battle wasn’t too bloody or anything.” Red’s eyes widened as he remembered something in the clearing, a few feathers of Yellow’s wings were shattered onto the ground.

A few feathers in which Lance had left behind to either confuse the boy or to guide him, Red wondered it if was just an accident or if it was on purpose. The young man clenched his fists in anger, whispering a few curse words under his breath before standing up.

Red walked slowly over towards Yellow, he glanced down at her face once more as he grabbed onto her hand. “Yellow…” he whispered under his breath, hiding his russet gaze from view under his long, black bangs. His bangs seemed to cast long shadows into his face, the boy then noticed something as he looked up, Yellow had awoke.

“Yellow, are you alright?” The trainer asked, trying not to sound too excited.

Yellow glanced up at Red, unable to process what he had just said. Her hazel gaze seemed to be filled with pure confusion as she sat up slowly. Her voice seemed so soft as it spoke the harshest words in which Red had ever heard, the words in which would haunt his dreams.

“Who are you?”

OMG Oren-chan, that was awsome! You totally had me on the edge of my seat there for the entire time. This was well written and very well thought out. I loved it! A 10/10 from me.

“Yellow, are you alright?” The trainer asked, trying not to sound too excited.

Yellow glanced up at Red, unable to process what he had just said. Her hazel gaze seemed to be filled with pure confusion as she sat up slowly. Her voice seemed so soft as it spoke the harshest words in which Red had ever heard, the words in which would haunt his dreams.

“Who are you?”
    This makes me want more!!! I need to read the next chappie Oren-chan...
    Koiyuki's PokePet

Yeah me too. There were a lot of good scene's. With that book and more. I did'nt expect that Yellow doesn't know Red anymore. It's going to be a great story. Good Work Orenji-Chan!

Wow awesome chapter. The story is really getting exciting and very interesting. I'm very surprised about when Yellow's memory of Red is gone. Hope she remembers him again. Can't wait to read the next chapter. Keep it up^^

Thanks for all of your review guys.

Now here's chapter three, what you've all been waiting for! ^^

Please read and review like you always do!

See you!

~Orenji-chan

~x-x~x-x~

Shattered Memories
    Chapter 3: Promise

Red blinked, glancing with uneasiness at Yellow. “W-What are you talking about Yellow, it’s me Red.” He stated briefly, glancing down at the girl.

“But who are you, why am I here in this place?” She asked, clenching her fists in frustration as she sat up feebly. Her gaze seemed to be filled with confusion; Red winced out in pain from the sight.

She truly had forgotten about all they had gone through, her unspoken feelings had become spoken a year ago. But now, all of those things seemed lost, her memories shattered.

Yellow began to make her way out of Red’s home, into the forest. The place in which she felt the most safe, not know who this ‘Red’ was. He seemed so strange, but she needed to get back to the forest, to protect it. She closed the door, with a movement of her wrist. It made a small ‘swish’ as the door closed quickly.

“Yellow…” Red replied, glancing at the girl who seemed to be lost in her thoughts. His russet gaze seemed to be filled with sorrow, he sat up as well. He opened the sliding door; feeling the cold breeze softly caress his face, not know what to do with Yellow.

He seemed shocked, from all of the things in which they had gone through together, she had completely forgotten. It seemed that their love had been broken. The boy closed his eyes for a moment, beginning to make his way slowly out of the house. “Yellow, no matter what happens I’ll found out what Lance did to your memories.” He whispered under his breath, disappearing into the cold, lonely forest. His shirt began to become soaked with the rain; it began to drench his bones, his core.

~*~*~

Yellow blinked, glancing around as she entered a some what familiar clearing. She sighed, slipping her hand into her pocket, trying to be comforted. “Why would that boy try to help me, he’s just a stranger. Should I just forget him?” she hissed under her breath, glancing down at a small puddle of water which began to form in front of her feet.

Her hazel gaze began to trace the outline of the water, for some odd reason, Yellow felt as if part of her heart wanted to be with that boy. But Yellow knew that something was wrong, almost as if she had lost something dear to her.

Yellow hid her eyes under her bangs, clenching her shoulder tightly from the pain as it began to throb. “Lance…” she whispered under her breath, the wind began to blow softly, into the clearing. The young girl could only remember this forest, her pokemon and Lance, everything else seemed a blur. “What’s wrong with me…?” She whispered under her breath, slipping her hand back down to her side. Her fist seemed to unclench from its tight position.

This world, this place was the only thing she had left. But even so, she wondered if that boy wanted to be with her. No one ever wanted her, no one every wanted to be her friend.

It was always like that, ever since Yellow was born. Her father, he detested her for everything but Yellow never knew what she did wrong. Those memories haunted her mind, at this very moment, even though they seemed very painful. She still wanted to have something to hold onto, even if it was painful, she still had something to comfort her in this strange time of need.

“Yellow, it’s me Red.”

The young girl swiveled around, noticing that boy who was talking to her earlier. “I already told you to leave me alone.” She whispered under her breath, her hands began to shake with uneasiness.

“But Yellow, I don’t want to leave you alone. I want to protect you from Lance; I want to help you regain your memory in which you lost.” He replied, walking slowly towards the girl.

Yellow blinked, “Y-You’re name’s Red, why do you seem so familiar?” She asked, before turning around, she wanted to walk away from this boy. But part of her wanted to stay, part of her wanted to hear more about this boy.

Red blinked, grabbing into Yellow’s wrist. “Yes, my name’s Red.” He replied, his gaze seemed soft as he glanced over at the girl. “I don’t know what happened between you and Lance. But I want to help you regain your memory of the outside world, the outside world meaning outside of Viridian City.” He stated briefly.

Yellow nodded slightly, glancing at the boy. “Red-kun…I…” She began to speak; her eyes began to fill with tears for some odd reason. Part of her wanted to say more, but she knew that she had to keep her mouth shut. She wasn’t completely sure to trust this boy, wondering if she should trust him in the first place.

“It’s alright Yellow, you’re not alone. I’ll protect you no matter what…” Red whispered under his breath, grapping into Yellow’s wrist as the girl seemed to have turned away.

The tear, the tears of pure sorrow and longing were streaming down her face. Her memories of Red, her memories of the love in which used to be part of her were gone.

The girl looked back at Red, who seemed to hiding his eyes which were filled with sorrow. She slipped her wrist out of Red’s grip, letting it hang at her side. She didn’t know what was wrong with her; she seemed to be incomplete without something inside of her mind, inside of her heart.

“Red-kun, what happened to me and why do I feel this way?”

Red’s eyes widened, he glanced over at the girl. “What do you mean, there isn’t anything wrong with you Yellow. You’re fine...” he muttered under his breath, glancing back at the girl for a moment. He then hid his brown gaze from the girl’s view.

“Please Yellow; just try to remember something about me. Even if it’s just a small detail, I don’t want you to forget what you’ve been through…” Red whispered under his breath, the wind began to blow softly through the clearing. The wind, it seemed to be moving his bangs to reveal his eyes. His russet eyes, those eyes which seemed to be warm until reality hit him like a ice. It froze part of his heart, his heart which seemed to be beating with his love for her.

But then, Red wondered if he should just forget their love because now Yellow wouldn’t remember anything that they had gone through together.

“I’m sorry Red-kun, but I don’t remember anything except for a few things.” Yellow replied back in response to the boy’s statement, she glancing back at his eyes for a moment which seemed to be filled with confusion.

“I never meant for anything to go wrong Yellow, just please lets just go back to the house…” Red stated briefly, looking straight into Yellow’s eyes which seemed to be filled with confusion. His eyes, his russet gaze seemed to be reflecting the longing in which he wanted. Red wished that this had never happened to Yellow, but sadly it had.

Yellow nodded swiftly, grabbing into Red’s hand which seemed to be warm despite the emotions in his eyes. “Yes Red-kun, let’s go back to your house and on the way, can you explain how we first met?” Her eyes, they seemed to be filled with interested.

Even if Yellow had forgotten almost everything about this world, even if she still had forgotten about her feelings and relationship for Red. The young woman still seemed interested about it, even if she didn’t know what would happen next she wanted to move forward.

Red nodded slightly, taking Yellow’s hand as he grasped onto it. Her hand seemed to be slightly smaller than his, her hand it seemed to be quite cold considering that her body was still a bit fragile from losing almost all of her memories of this life.

He didn’t want to let go, he didn’t want any of this to happen to her again. All he wanted was to somehow help Yellow retrieve her memories, even if it would take a while. Red was determined.

The young man began to make his way back towards the house, not letting go of Yellow’s hand once. His eyes seemed to be glancing up at the sky, which seemed to be filled with the familiar amount of white, fluffy clouds once more.

The sky was a very light shade of blue; the clouds began to make their journey across the forest’s sky. The clouds, they seemed to be many different shapes but even so they were all going the same direction, around the region.

But unlike those clouds, which Red wouldn’t recognize, the boy could still recognize one thing. The only thing which seemed to be familiar to him, that one thing was Yellow.

Her blond long, thin hair seemed to gleam in the sunlight. Like it always had, though out the years Red had known the girl, it was the same. Her eyes were the same shade of hazel, still gleaming like they always had. But this time, they seemed to be a bit more empty than normal, they were missing something. Red hoped that someday, he could recover Yellow’s memories. Even if it hurt him to find them somehow, the trainer would find them no matter what.

“Red are you alright? You seem to be in a daze. Aren’t you going to tell you how we met, since I have forgotten?” Yellow asked, glancing ahead at the boy as Red blinked.

“I’m fine Yellow, just thinking about of few things. I’ll tell you, if you want me to that is.” The young trainer said in response, glancing back at the girl as he noticed that her gaze seemed to be a little bit calmer since he found in her. Yellow blinked in response, waiting for the boy to tell her of how they first became acquainted.

Red let out a small sigh; the breeze seemed to carry that one emotion up the sky before Red opened his eyes slowly.

“Well you were lost in a forest; there was a dratini which was coming after you. Thankfully, I was there that afternoon training before I was going to go see Giovanni. When I found you, you seemed a little shocked of what had just happened to you. Since you were a kid then, I guess, it was a lot to handle.” Red confirmed, while noticing the forest which seemed to be rippling with the wind in response.

“Yes, that’s how we first met Yellow. That’s something I wish you’ll someday remember even if it’s hard for you to.” The trainer replied in a soft voice, glancing at the girl with a small smile on his face. The smile which seemed to hold all of the emotions of reassurance which seemed to captivate his heart, those emotions were all conjured up inside of him for Yellow’s sake. His only hope was that she would be okay, that she would somehow remember if it took her a while.

Yellow’s head seemed to move slowly up and down, to acknowledge Red’s explanation. “I understand Red-kun, and I hope someday that I’ll be able to remember you as well.”

The young man nodded slightly, quickly making his way back towards the house with Yellow beside him. Their hands still seemed to be held within one another’s, both of them not wanting to let out of each others hands because it was their only comfort.
    For now it seemed.

~*~*~

The door made a small swish before it was closed; a small tap followed the noise. The door seemed to be made completely out of grass or some other material. Its grass seemed to be quite old, considering that Red had living in his house for quite some time by himself since he was old enough at the age of nineteen.

After Red had closed the door, he had wandered over to Yellow who seemed to be captivated by their pikachus who were leaning against each other for comfort after a long day.

Chuchu’s body seemed to be covered in bandages, which were protecting her from the wounds which had also seemed to cover her body after the battle with Lance.

“Red, who’s that pikachu next to Chuchu?” Yellow asked, turning her attention towards Pika whose ears had twitched in response of the question.

Red smiled slightly, “That’s Pika, and he’s my pikachu.” He stated, before glancing back at the girl with content eyes. At least she remembers something, even if it’s only her pikachu. Red thought to himself, before glancing over at Pika who had given Chuchu’s ear a small lick, the female pokemon had blushed deeply in response.

“They look so cute together!” Yellow exclaimed, letting out a small giggle of amusement before tugging into Red’s black sleeve.

“Yeah, they do seem cute together Yellow…” Red replied glancing down at the girl for a moment, his eyes began to gleam with happiness. He glanced down at his white, plain shoes as he let Yellow glance back at their pokemon for a moment longer. The young man was lost in his thoughts, which seemed to be content. He then, swiftly turned his russet gaze back towards Yellow who was still lost in her thoughts of their two pokemon.

Yellow, I promise not matter what happens. I will stand beside you forever, and I’ll never leave you like I did before. This time, when Lance tries to attack you, I’ll protect you with my life.

Even if you’ve forgotten everything you’ve gone through, I’ll help you retrieve it.

I promise Yellow, I promise…
    Last edited by Orenji-chan; 6th April 2007 at 7:12 AM.

That was awsome Oren-chan. A 15/10! It's so sad how Yellow doesn't remember a thing about Red...........Poor Red-kun
    Koiyuki's PokePet

Its very sad that Yellow don't remmember him. I can't wait to see next chapter.
    Can I be the 4ş in you PM list?

Im a Mewtwo fan

Sorry I didn't get to post here Orenji-chan. Anyways it was a really good story^^. Its really messed up to see Yellow not remembering Red in the story. Hope her memory comes back. Great Story. Can't wait for the next chapter^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rubn Alq View Post
    Its very sad that Yellow don't remmember him. I can't wait to see next chapter.
    Can I be the 4ş in you PM list?
    Of course Rubn Alq, I will add you to the PM list as soon as possible! ^^

Also, thanks Shadow Ichigo for the review. I know, the plot does seem a little odd but don't worry, everything will turn out okay in the end!

Well, I'm off!

~Orenji-chan
    Last edited by Orenji-chan; 23rd June 2007 at 1:30 PM.

A/N: Here's chapter 4, and I'm sorry that it to me so long to write this chapter. I had REALLY bad writers block along with school projects and such. But its done! =3

{<}-------{>}

Shattered Memories
    Chapter 4: Sketching Memories

Viridian forest seemed to be filled with life; it was filled with an array of different types of pokemon. The trees of the forest seemed to be very fertile; the air was crisp and clean. The pokemon of the forest were content, the pidgeys filled with air with their jubilant song. Many types of pikachus, of all ages and sizes were scurrying across the forest floor in a game. Their eyes seemed to shimmer with excitement, before continuing on once more. The bug pokemon seemed to drift across the sky, above the fertile trees below. Their wings seemed to flap calmly, their eyes scanning the area for anything unusual.

It was a few days after the incident with Lance, Yellow seemed to be gaining more strength with each day by resting as needed. Red on the other hand, seemed to be busy with a few other various things which mostly revolved around the strange book in which Blue had given him.

The young man was determined to figure out how to get Yellow’s memories back, as he had promised. But sadly, the book which he had found had a few tears in its spine, and a few of the important pages were ripped out. Their last hope was to find the shrine which was talked about in the book. Red had asked all of the elderly of Viridian City about the shrine, all of them just shook their heads and moved on. After all of these attempts, he tried asking Yellow about the shrine but there was no reply as well.

~*~

Red closed the book shut with a small thump; his eyes seemed to flutter with exhaustion at the cover of the book. The trainer let out a small sigh, filled with exhaustion and annoyance. He had been searching for quite a while now, determined to break the code. The code that seemed to be conflicting both Red and Yellow, it seemed that Yellow had forgotten everything about him besides that shrine. It was for certain that the “cursed child” had a strange connection the shrine.

Red moved his gaze towards the clear, glass window as he stared at the drifting clouds for a moment. The clouds seemed to be filled with air, fluffy with the substances as they seemed to move aimlessly across the sky. Never knowing where their destination was, never knowing were if they shall cross each other’s paths again.

All the clouds seemed to be different shapes, only being a few since it was sunset. This sunset in particular made the sky turn the lightest shade of pink, orange and red. The sun seemed to be descending towards the ground, into it as it was beginning to be come nightfall.

Red turned away from the window, before sitting up from his chair. The indigo chair seemed to make a small scrap across the wooden flooring of Red’s home. The trainer blinked in response, before making his way slowly towards the living room for something to eat. It had been a few hours since he had last check up on Yellow, she had seemed to be preoccupied with playing with Chuchu and Pika.

The male’s white shoes reflected shadows into the walls, seeing that the lights of his house were losing their usual power. His walls were painted the lightest pigment of violet; his walls seemed to be covered with a few pictures. The pictures were of his parents, and a few of his friends. Being nineteen years old, it was obvious that he didn’t really need to live with his parents any more.

Red appeared in the living room, his hand moved swiftly across the sliding door with a swish of his hand. He then noticed Yellow, who had fallen into a deep slumber next to Pika and Chuchu on the couch. A few various items seemed to be on the ground, including Yellow’s indigo boots.

The other trainer had placed a small crimson blanket across herself, her chest seemed to rise and fall with each breath. Her hair was neat, despite that she hadn’t combed it completely out since yesterday morning. Pika and Chuchu were both huddled against either side of Yellow’s head; they were both asleep as well.

Red smiled slightly in relief at the sight, seeing that Yellow was peaceful with the other two pokemon. He then slipped past the couch, into the kitchen to cook something for them all to eat. His hand reached out for the handle, making it open with a quick movement of his wrist. His russet gaze scanned over the various items which were placed neatly into the shelf of his cabinet.

The male picked out a few packages of noodles, placing them besides a single, huge pot before he then placed the correct amount of water into the pot. Red then put the pot into the stove, wanting for it to shimmer and boil so they could eat something for dinner.

He then took out two small bowls; both of them were for their electric-mouse pokemon, Pika and Chuchu. Red then poured a large amount of pokechow into the two bowls, wondering if this would be enough for the two pikachus as he set them on a nearby mat.

The two electric mouse pokemon scurried over; their facial expressions seemed to brighten once their teeth began to devour the pokechow which was placed in front of them a few moments before. Chuchu’s lips curved into a small smile, before shifting her gaze towards Red for a moment. Her gaze was filled with gratitude and appreciation for the meal in which Red had given both Pika and Chuchu to eat.

Red returned the thankful smile, before returning to the kitchen. Red and Yellow’s meal appeared to be cooking quite well; the room was beginning to fill with the scent of fried noodles. The noodles were turning a light pigment of brown; the boiling water began to engulf the pasta. He let out a small sigh of relief, before noticing that their meal was completely cooked and done.

The pokemon trainer took out a small wire tool, a strainer. He then placed the strainer inside of the sink, then picking up the boiling pot with a small glove to protect himself. Red then flicked his wrist quickly, before making the noodles fall swiftly into the pot below.

Ploosh!

Then the water followed the noodles, filling up the needed parts of the pot before it was completely filled with both contents.

Red disappeared out of kitchen, to wake up Yellow and then to eat their dinner in which Red had prepared for the both of them.

~*~

It was a little while later, Red and Yellow had finished their meal. The sun was beginning to sink into the nearby hill; it was setting very slowly during this particular evening. The pot in which the pokemon trainer had cooked their meal was in the kitchen, water was beginning to be dispensed into the pot. The liquid was clear and clean. Steam floated from the pot because of the liquid’s temperature, which was boiling hot.

Red turned off the faucet which a small twist of the knob, it made a small squeak before it was completely turned off. He then went back into the living room, wanting to spend more time with Yellow when she was awake.

The truth of the matter was that Yellow was usually asleep because some of her memories had been shattered; the female had been drifting off at times in which her body needed more energy.

Yellow, currently, was sketching a few various things in Red’s house in which seemed to interest her. The things were mostly of objects, paintings or of his pokemon which were usually around the house somewhere. After each completion of the individual sketches she would give them to Red to look at and praise.

The Viridian child moved her hand with a pencil in hand across the document of paper; the black tip made a small, straight line across the paper. This sketch was particularly was not of something in Red’s house, but something from memory. The memory of the forest, something that Red couldn’t recognize at all.

Yellow’s eyes seemed to shimmer with interest; her hand seemed to be finished with its task as it had sketched something. It seemed to be map, a map towards the shrine in which Red wanted to visit so badly.

Red turned his attention towards the paper, noticing what Yellow had sketched seemed to be out of the ordinary. His eyes traced every line, before they found their way towards a certain thing in the middle of the drawing.

It was the shrine. The shrine was enclosed in moss having been a few centuries old. The building was constructed completely of stone and other various things, and that was all that Red could detect from the drawing in which Yellow had drawn.

“Y-Yellow…” he muttered under his breath, before turning his attention towards Yellow who had seemed to lean her weight against the back of the couch in which they were both sitting on. Yellow rested her head on a cushion that was placed beside her.

“Yes, Red-kun, is there something wrong?” Yellow inquired, before sitting up completely with her head off of the pillow. Her eyes clouded with interest, before meeting Red’s gaze for a moment. Their eyes met russet with hazel, question with confusion. She then turned her attention away from the boy, feeling her cheeks turn a light shade of crimson. Her hand was placed onto the drawing, as Red’s hand had done the same.

Red nodded slightly in reply, before moving his hand into his nearby pocket. Then taking out another map of Viridian Forest which had he had found in his studies. This map was more detailed, having the correct labels on everything which was needed.

“Yellow, can we go to the shrine?” Red asked with reluctant eyes, before Yellow whipped her head towards the pokemon trainer.

She nodded slightly, before sitting up. The Viridian child quickly put on her indigo boots, before wrapping her nap sack around her waist. Yellow then made her way towards Chuchu and Pika, both of them nodded in response before climbing onto Yellow’s shoulders. Chuchu on the right shoulder while Pika was standing on the left shoulder, they both were ready to depart the house as soon as possible.

“Let’s go!” The Viridian trainer ordered, before making her way quickly out of the house with a small slam of the door.

Red shook his head, before grabbing his jacket. Then, he ran out the door after Yellow who had wandered off without him. He let out a small sigh, before noticing that Yellow had leaned her weight against a nearby tree which seemed to cover his front yard.

“‘She had waited for me…” Red thought to himself, before making his way over to the girl.

Obediently, Pika jumped quickly onto his right shoulder as this would take them a few hours to find the shrine and the electric-mouse pokemon didn’t want to have to walk the whole way.

Yellow let out a small giggle of amusement at Pika’s actions, the male pikachu had always seemed to like having a ride instead of walking. She then blinked over at Red for a moment, staring at him as she waited for the next order to leave or not.

“Let’s go!” Red mimicked, before walking off as he left Yellow behind. His white shoes seemed to make a small tap against the dirt, the earth which was covered in leaves of Viridian Forest.

Yellow’s lips seemed to curve, forming a small smile before she followed him quickly with a curt nod. Chuchu let out a small jubilant cry as they were departing, they would find the shrine no matter what. She then ran after the pokemon trainer, hoping that she could keep up with his steady pace until they reached their destination.

The journey towards the shrine had begun….
    Last edited by Orenji-chan; 27th June 2007 at 3:53 AM.

Ok, nice descriptions overall, I would say... 9/10.
    Is a little short, but its still good anyway.

“Yes, Red-kun, is there something wrong?” Yellow inquired, before sitting up completely with her head off of the pillow. Her eyes clouded with interest, before meeting Red’s gaze for a moment. Their eyes met russet with hazel, question with confusion. She then turned her attention away from the boy, feeling her cheeks turn a light shade of crimson. Her hand was placed onto the drawing, as Red’s hand had done the same.
    I guess feelings are not always part of a persons memory, I wonder what will happen in the shrine...

Sorry for the short review but I have little free time, still I will be waiting next chapter. ^_^

Im a Mewtwo fan

I definatly like this story over your jadeshipping one! Mabey I just need to give it time, a few more chapters might make me like it better.

The other trainer had placed a small crimson blanket across herself, her chest seemed to rise and fall with each breath. Her hair was neat, despite that she hadn’t combed it completely out since yesterday morning. Pika and Chuchu were both huddled against either side of Yellow’s head; they were both asleep as well.
    Too cute!!!

I'll give it a 11/10 for this intriging(spelling?) chapter.
    Koiyuki's PokePet

Thank you for the awesome reviews, guys! ^__^

@radama -- Ah, thank you for reviewing this fan-fiction as well. Your reviews are always good ones to look at! =)

Expect Chapter 5 to roll around by next week or so, even tomorrow if possible.

--Orenji-chan

Cool! I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. Oh and don't rush yourself......remember quality over quantity!
    Koiyuki's PokePet

A/N: Here's chapter 5, I had a long time of writers block but I finally got over it and was able to write.

Please read and review, thank you!

~*~

Shattered Memories
    Chapter Five: The Dark Room

Red appeared quickly out of the underbrush, in his hands held their only guide. The map was their only guide towards the shrine, the one that Yellow had drawn a few sunsets before. Red’s eyes were becoming weary, having to follow the lines and curves in which Yellow had lightly written onto the paper.

The problem was now, the Pallet trainer was beginning to think that they were losing their way, becoming lost. He had tried to keep a straight face, but the truth was, Red was awful with directions. When he was little, he would always go left instead of right and right instead of left when his mother instructed him. And that, was the main reason, that he wished Yellow knew the way.

But Red knew, if he made Yellow any more exhausted, she might fall asleep once more on the forest floor as she had done only a few hours ago. He had left Yellow at their makeshift camp for the night, hoping that they could find the shrine sooner than later.

Currently, in the depths of Viridian Forest, it was nightfall. The forest itself was quiet, filled with only the occasional rustle of a pokemon or even a small whisper of that same creature. There was nothing more and nothing else, it was eerily quiet.

The sky was a raven black color; the stars were like lanterns in the dark, illuminating the sky with much power as they could.

“Out here, in Viridian Forest, the stars are a lot brighter…” Red muttered to himself, before shifting his russet gaze towards the sky and then towards the moon.

The moon itself, under the trees and underbrush, was breath taking. Even more beautiful than the stars and everything else around, its light seemed to cast shadows down upon the ground. The shadows which were in the form of leaves and twigs of the trees above Red’s head, the trees which were various types.

The trees themselves were a deep shade of green, considering that it was now summer time, the time in which it would rain a lot around this region and particularly the forest.

The ground which was covered in the earlier pokemon’s tracks, or rarely, human foot prints.

But tonight, at this very hour, there was no other sound then the crunch of Red’s feet as he would step in the leaves and scattered underbrush. Always, always, he kept his eyes open for pieces of Yellow’s memory or of that clearing in which she had lost it all.

“I was too late to safe her from Lance, it’s all my fault…” Red whispered under his breath, his eyes becoming filled with sorrow once more. Letting his dark, handsome, black bangs fall into his tan face.

A lump appeared in his throat, Red’s eyes began to stink with regret and guilt. Images of Yellow seemed to appear in his mind, his brain. His teeth were then clenched, as well as his fist.

Thwak!

His right hand hit a nearby tree trunk, not really noticing where his feet had been carrying him for the last few minutes. Ignoring the pain which began to ebb at his hand, Red shook his head to somehow clear it. Spitting a curse word under his breath, Red stopped to look up.

Lifting his head, he then realized where his feet had truly carried him. Red’s mouth gaped; his eyes were filled with then relief.

The shrine, the place that he had finally arrived, the place his mind would wander when Yellow was taking her usual nap. This place, it was just as Red had imagined.

The shrine, itself, was made purely of the oldest stone. It had only a few, crumbling steps in which the person could enter a small temple. The interior was still unknown to Red, but he would come back later tomorrow with Yellow.

The area surrounding the shrine was silent, completely silent. There was no noise except for Red’s quick breaths of excitement. There wasn’t anything else, nothing more and nothing less.

Quickly, Red scanned his surroundings, letting his brain consume his surroundings. With a quick smile of reassurance, he made his way quickly back into the underbrush and back towards camp.

But most importantly, for now, the only person who seemed to revolve around his world, Yellow…

~*~

“C’mon Yellow, just a little bit farther!” Red exclaimed towards Yellow, his russet gaze was filled with apprehension. His feet, particularly his shoes, were covered in dirt.

Yellow trailed behind, but at a much slower pace. She had just been woken up by Red, abruptly, of course. He had been talking the whole way to the shrine of how beautiful it was and everything. Not really stopping, or even waiting for Yellow to catch up.

It seemed that this shrine was important to get back Yellow’s memories, and for that, it seemed, Red was very determined to do.

“Red-kun, how much farther?” the Viridian trainer asked her friend, before appearing right besides him.

It seemed odd but Red had stopped so suddenly, his fingers seemed to touch a nearby thick but small branch which was covered completely with leaves. His eyes were soft, calm, like a small child’s.

“We’re already here, Yellow…”

He lifted the underbrush, the thick but small branch he had so delicately been observing only a moment ago. Then making his way through the thickets, and into the silent clearing, his steps became almost silent as they shuffled across the forest floor.

Yellow followed him obediently, she had no idea where or what she was doing. But Red was her guide and she would follow him to wherever he led her to.

Red smiled warmly at the young woman, his eyes were warm as the sun’s rays were reflecting completely off of them. They were so bright, so very warm that Yellow could just melt into them.

She turned her attention towards the shrine and then, only then did something unexpected happen….

The shrine had somehow triggered a memory of Yellow’s dark, lonely and dreadful past, before she had even met her Uncle or Red. It was when her parents, mother and father, were alive.

Yellow sunk quickly towards the ground and silently to her knees. Letting them fall under her, not knowing what to expect next as her eyes seemed to have shut tight.

Red’s voice was drowned out; the strange feeling of exhaustion seemed to wash over her like a wave.

It swallowed her whole and before Yellow knew it she was reliving it.

Reliving the thing that she regretted the most, her past…

~*~

“Why couldn’t you be normal, like that other gifted child, Lance?”

A man, about the age of thirty-three, hissed back in reply to his daughter. Before slapping her quickly on the face, making her fall and cry out in pain.

The child was Yellow, only being six years old. Her father did this regularly, when her loving mother was out, gone for the week, day or the duration that she had departed the house to help take care of Viridian Forest’s pokemon. However long she was gone, her world was like a living hell.

“Father, it’s not my fault! It’s not my fault!” The young girl replied her hands were beginning to tremble, her eyes filling with tears. Letting them fall silently to the ground, cold and unloved she had become. These were the only two emotions she felt when her mother wasn’t around.

Her mother was like her angel, the one who saved her father. Her father had made Yellow vow, since he had started to do this to her, to never tell a single soul. Only being four when this began, she had to follow her father’s instructions or else he would do something terrible. And this was only a small measure of what he would do regularly. He was apparently being “nice” today.

“No, it is your fault. It’s your entire fault; it’s your entire fault that you’re the cursed child. All I wanted was to have a normal live, to live happily with a normal child. That’s all I wanted, and you had to ruin it! Ruin it for me!”

Her father’s words stung like ice, the word normal was like a heaven to him. The heaven that he could never live, the word, the adjective that he wanted his one and only daughter to be, normal.

A single tear seemed to drop from Yellow’s cheek. She wanted her mother to come back, she wanted to cry out, scream for someone to help her. But Yellow knew deep down, no one would ever want to help her.

It was all because she was the cursed child; the one who was told to bring destruction to the one’s who ever they encountered. But Yellow knew, being so small, that she could never and would never want to hurt anyone else. She was rejected by everyone in Viridian City, except for her mother. Her mother was her world, her reason for living as it seemed of this time period.

Letting her eyes open up, she then realized that her father had closed the door.

“Checking if Mother’s home…” Yellow thought to herself, before retreating to her normal corner in the dark room. There was only a minimal amount of light, and that was only during certain times when her father would allow it.

It came from a window, which was way too far for Yellow to reach. The window in which Yellow wanted to crawl out of, the window that she wanted to escape and find her mother.

Usually, he would leave her in here for hours and hours, to let her thoughts creep up on her. At school, at elementary school, it was a nightmare. No one would ever want to talk to her, she was always truly alone. Even more so, she could teased because of the usual coloring of her eyes.

The only one who didn’t tease her or anything that was her mother. That was all; everyone else she had ever met seemed to be so cold to her. It was all so cold, something that she could barely ever bare.

Yellow curled herself into a ball, letting her arms wrap around her small knees. Her eyes filled with tears once more, all she wanted was her life to be normal.

For her father to be kind, he was kind at one point, before the doctor had proclaimed that Yellow was the cursed and gifted one of Viridian Forest which was very rare. They explained the legend, and everything.

Her mother, surprisingly, was not shocked by this at all. But of course, in her family, she was the one who held the blood of Viridian in her veins.

Then, out of the black, a single noise seemed to have broken the darkness and Yellow’s train of thought. It was the single noise that was her savior, the thing that could get her out of this dark room.

“Your mother’s home come and greet her…” Her father stated coldly, closing the door with a slam before Yellow could feebly walk over to it.

Yellow took the handle of the door, moving it quickly with her wrist. Yellow let her mind, and her feet lead the rest of the way. Holding back the tears, the things she wanted to scream, wanting to scream the truth about her father’s harsh punishment.

“Mother!”

Yellow exclaimed, before falling quickly into her mother’s warm embrace. Letting her mother’s warm scent of flowers fill her nose and block out the other smells of the house. In particular, the scents of the dark room which consisted of mildew and other various other disgusting, vile things.

“Hello, Yellow-chan. I’m back from my trip!” Her mother, Rin, seemed to exclaim with the same enthusiasm. Her eyes were brown, russet, filled with love for her only child. Her lips seemed to have formed a small warm smile.

When Yellow looked at it, it seemed to melt away all of her problems. All the things which would cloud her mind seemed to vanish when she saw that smile.

“I’m glad, I’m glad that you’re home, Mother…”

~*~

“Yellow! Yellow, are you alright?”

The voice seemed to shake her from her sleep, from her flashback. Her eyes shot open, letting them fill with familiarity. They were still at the shrine, but the wave of strange exhaustion didn’t wash over Yellow when she saw it.

Thankfully, the flashback didn’t get as far as it could. The things that happened at this shrine were things that Yellow won’t ever want to re live and prayed that they would never become a flashback.

The voice was Red’s, the man who had been protecting her for the longest time.

“Yellow, Yellow, what happened?”

End of Chapter 5

That was emotional but beautiful....I love specialshipping and this fic. PLEASE CONTINUE!
    My bishie is Freedert from DNAngel!
    I'm a Specialshipper (Red x Yellow), and a Pokeshipper (Ash x Misty)!

My Platinum Friend Code: 1075-7179-8052
    Name: Lucas Please PM me to battle or trade! I really want to battle someone!

Beautiful, just beautiful! I rate it a 10/10, no 15, no wait 132.765!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this the best:
    “Why couldn’t you be normal, like that other gifted child, Lance?”

A man, about the age of thirty-three, hissed back in reply to his daughter. Before slapping her quickly on the face, making her fall and cry out in pain.

The child was Yellow, only being six years old. Her father did this regularly, when her loving mother was out, gone for the week, day or the duration that she had departed the house to help take care of Viridian Forest’s pokemon. However long she was gone, her world was like a living hell.

“Father, it’s not my fault! It’s not my fault!” The young girl replied her hands were beginning to tremble, her eyes filling with tears. Letting them fall silently to the ground, cold and unloved she had become. These were the only two emotions she felt when her mother wasn’t around.

Her mother was like her angel, the one who saved her father. Her father had made Yellow vow, since he had started to do this to her, to never tell a single soul. Only being four when this began, she had to follow her father’s instructions or else he would do something terrible. And this was only a small measure of what he would do regularly. He was apparently being “nice” today.

“No, it is your fault. It’s your entire fault; it’s your entire fault that you’re the cursed child. All I wanted was to have a normal live, to live happily with a normal child. That’s all I wanted, and you had to ruin it! Ruin it for me!”

Her father’s words stung like ice, the word normal was like a heaven to him. The heaven that he could never live, the word, the adjective that he wanted his one and only daughter to be, normal.

A single tear seemed to drop from Yellow’s cheek. She wanted her mother to come back, she wanted to cry out, scream for someone to help her. But Yellow knew deep down, no one would ever want to help her.

It was all because she was the cursed child; the one who was told to bring destruction to the one’s who ever they encountered. But Yellow knew, being so small, that she could never and would never want to hurt anyone else. She was rejected by everyone in Viridian City, except for her mother. Her mother was her world, her reason for living as it seemed of this time period.

Letting her eyes open up, she then realized that her father had closed the door.

“Checking if Mother’s home…” Yellow thought to herself, before retreating to her normal corner in the dark room. There was only a minimal amount of light, and that was only during certain times when her father would allow it.

It came from a window, which was way too far for Yellow to reach. The window in which Yellow wanted to crawl out of, the window that she wanted to escape and find her mother.

Usually, he would leave her in here for hours and hours, to let her thoughts creep up on her. At school, at elementary school, it was a nightmare. No one would ever want to talk to her, she was always truly alone. Even more so, she could teased because of the usual coloring of her eyes.

The only one who didn’t tease her or anything that was her mother. That was all; everyone else she had ever met seemed to be so cold to her. It was all so cold, something that she could barely ever bare.

Yellow curled herself into a ball, letting her arms wrap around her small knees. Her eyes filled with tears once more, all she wanted was her life to be normal.

For her father to be kind, he was kind at one point, before the doctor had proclaimed that Yellow was the cursed and gifted one of Viridian Forest which was very rare. They explained the legend, and everything.

Her mother, surprisingly, was not shocked by this at all. But of course, in her family, she was the one who held the blood of Viridian in her veins.

Then, out of the black, a single noise seemed to have broken the darkness and Yellow’s train of thought. It was the single noise that was her savior, the thing that could get her out of this dark room.

“Your mother’s home come and greet her…” Her father stated coldly, closing the door with a slam before Yellow could feebly walk over to it.

Yellow took the handle of the door, moving it quickly with her wrist. Yellow let her mind, and her feet lead the rest of the way. Holding back the tears, the things she wanted to scream, wanting to scream the truth about her father’s harsh punishment.

“Mother!”

Yellow exclaimed, before falling quickly into her mother’s warm embrace. Letting her mother’s warm scent of flowers fill her nose and block out the other smells of the house. In particular, the scents of the dark room which consisted of mildew and other various other disgusting, vile things.

“Hello, Yellow-chan. I’m back from my trip!” Her mother, Rin, seemed to exclaim with the same enthusiasm. Her eyes were brown, russet, filled with love for her only child. Her lips seemed to have formed a small warm smile.

When Yellow looked at it, it seemed to melt away all of her problems. All the things which would cloud her mind seemed to vanish when she saw that smile.

“I’m glad, I’m glad that you’re home, Mother…”

Koiyuki's PokePet

Sorry for the late review... but this is my only free time in months....

Ahhh...
    9.5/10

Interesting, the characters are put together in such a good way... every one of them seems to have a natural and important role in the fic... but its still so short...

Anyway... keep the work as its going...

ahhh, and please forgive my "impossible-to-understand" english: Im still learning, and its a little hard because I only can learn when Im reading fanfics. (I have no other way of learning).

Im a Mewtwo fan

Thank you for the reviews SoulGuardian, Rubn Alq and radama. I'm sorry that I haven't updated in at least a month long period. I've been really busy with school but now I think I have some free time. The next chapter will be up soon, mostly likely sometime next week or this week!

Thank you for being so patient!

--Orenji-chan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast