Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Not On MY Watch Ya Don't (478)

Default Not On MY Watch Ya Don't (478)

Pokéradar is Unavailable?!?

On their way to the next city, Ash & Co. come across some Pokéradar sellers and decide to buy some. Later on, discovering that these are not real, they go to get a real Pokéradar. However the people selling the fake ones are still at large. Can Ash & Co. uncover who they are and what their plot is?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
    Last edited by Chris; 2nd April 2007 at 12:06 PM.

cool picture of marina modeling the poketech in this one

I'm confused as to why the heck the episode started with 40 seconds of footage which was shown later in the episode, and nothing else before the intro. It'll make the dubbed version interesting, that's for sure.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

When a random still shot of an older character is pretty much the only point of conversation, you know the episode sucked.

-Kolink had a cute voice. "Liiik! Liiink, Liiink!". Yes, it was indeed what one would refer to as 'neat', or any other descriptive word along those lines. Shame the pokémon was just there for almost the entire episode. I may not like it that much, but it certainly deserved more than it got.

-Mukuru saving Pochama was fun, if only because it was amusing to see Muku struggling to lift something with a head that big. And by the pseudo-cape, no less!

- Team Rocket's scam was nice and all, but in the end it was nothing more than a watered down version of Butch and Cassidy's Orange Islands hypnosis plot.

-And for those of you keeping score, I'm still waiting for Hikari to do something remotely interesting.

To break away from the negativity a little, I have a question; That scene where the Pokétch scanned Greggle and Pochama, before displaying a throbbing heart on-screen: What was that all about? Was it checking their health, or the love for their trainers? 'Cause I'm downright stumped.

I saw the pics and I didn't understand the episode at all. Two pointers though:

- Marina is a model! *-*
    - Bippa appears next episode!

In other words, the episode did suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    To break away from the negativity a little, I have a question; That scene where the Pokétch scanned Greggle and Pochama, before displaying a throbbing heart on-screen: What was that all about? Was it checking their health, or the love for their trainers? 'Cause I'm downright stumped.
    Happiness checker.

Don't worry, Brock is just as creeped out as you are with the readings from Gregguru.

Quote Originally Posted by PKMN TRAINER JOSH View Post
    Happiness checker.

Don't worry, Brock is just as creeped out as you are with the readings from Gregguru.
    So then why did Hikari seem upset by the readings from Pochama? Was it not happy enough? Why was the heart white when it scanned Pikachu? Was Pikachu the least happy? Or am I misunderstanding all of this from only looking at screenshots?

Really, I don't understand what was so bad about this episode. It wasn't all that good sure but Hikari and the character of the day seemed to have an amusing spat going on and she got to show off her skills a bit with Mimiroppa (sp?) and its Ice Beam..
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

From the pics it doesn't look as exciting as the previous weeks were, but I guess I'll wait till I see it in motion to pass judgement.

I think the D/P fanboyism that the D/P series is above and beyond AG needs to be taken down a couple of levels. At this point the series are relatively on par with one another quality wise. Episodes like this should bring them back down to reality, especially for the people crawling out of the caves they were hibernating in during the AG era.

Next week looks awesome though.

EDIT: This ep was mainly good for Hikari fanservice, see sig.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Next week looks awesome though.
    we being sarcastic, of course we are.

I thought this episode was weird once again Greggle scares people(Brock will die), and TR in clown uniforms.....they must die also.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 1st December 2006 at 8:25 PM.

So then why did Hikari seem upset by the readings from Pochama? Was it not happy enough? Why was the heart white when it scanned Pikachu? Was Pikachu the least happy? Or am I misunderstanding all of this from only looking at screenshots?
    I believe it checks the connection or bond the scanned Pokémon has with its trainer. The bigger the heart is, the more the Pokémon likes its trainer...I think. Since Pochama needs a personality adjustment to put it lightly(), not to mention Hikari's inexperience, it's no wonder it came up as a zero.XD

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

Masukippa, had like, 5 different voices it made this time.

I liked the design of the filler characters, the fat guy looked like Nappa from DBZ, with hair and the kid looked like a cooler version of Max.

I'm confused as to why the heck the episode started with 40 seconds of footage which was shown later in the episode, and nothing else before the intro. It'll make the dubbed version interesting, that's for sure.
    Last episode did it as well. However, I think Nar Attor told that "this is how it started" after the opening.
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 1st December 2006 at 10:14 PM.

after this, look what the marina dream of become a star is realized, why ash don,t get a poketech too?
    i know the weakeness of the dark/chost type, but i don,t said it...jajaja....

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    So then why did Hikari seem upset by the readings from Pochama? Was it not happy enough?
    Apparently Pochama wasn't getting a happiness reading at all.

How DID Team Rocket used hypnosis...? And why wasn't Pikachu effected?

Just saw the episode, and even though Marina didn't a REAL cameo to the series (I was expecting her to) and that Korinku's role in the episode wasn't good enough, I liked it.
    But, uh... I gotta say DP series has got better ones.
    3 stars.

I only will say one thing: the boy and the man aren't only filler characters, they are.....KHikari's father and brother!!!!
    Yes, it's shocking..
    And tue, believe me, i'm not joking.
    Sig killed by Hydrohs, please read the rules.

They aren't.

That dude look like an anime verison of rapper Fat Joe but with hair.

No, he's obviously Nappa with hair!

Quote Originally Posted by vaporeon89 View Post
    I only will say one thing: the boy and the man aren't only filler characters, they are.....KHikari's father and brother!!!!
    Yes, it's shocking..
    And tue, believe me, i'm not joking.
    Where did you get this information? I just got done watching the episode and it said NOTHING about Hikari being related to the 2 filler characters.

Anyways, I thought this episode was pretty good. I think the art was a bit off at some parts, but the cute Hikari fanservice made up for it.

Although, I must say, next weeks episode looks much more entertaining. I can't wait until that Hikari's (lesbian) Rival appears :]

The Poketch reads a Pokemon's happiness level. Mimiroru evolves via Happiness. It's either super convenient, or everyone's wishes of Hikari some day owning a Mimiroppu are just that much closer to coming true.

Though in the Anime, there doesn't seem to be much difference between that and level up evolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by .Combusken. View Post
    The Poketch reads a Pokemon's happiness level. Mimiroru evolves via Happiness. It's either super convenient, or everyone's wishes of Hikari some day owning a Mimiroppu are just that much closer to coming true.
    Don't worry, Hikari'll get her playboy bunny, But probably not for a while.

Anyway, Loved this episode, Mostly cause of Korinku and TR's plot (where did they get a Koduck anyway?)

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    Though in the Anime, there doesn't seem to be much difference between that and level up evolutions.
    Well, it is the anime. But still, this could be the gimmick for Mimiroru's evolution; as it seems the anime only wants to abide by the game rules when it's convenient for them.

I think the filler kid mentioned it being from like...the school or something.

Whoever it belonged to, they bribed it with food.

OR< MISTY WORKS FOR TEAM ROCKET!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast