Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faced with Steelix Determination! (491)

Where can I watch the episode? I tried in Youtube but it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Also...is it me, or do these episodes seem "colder"?

I mean, like, to me Sinnoh for some reason gives me a vibe of a colder region then the others. It's just the way the enviorment looks or something...kinda hard to explain.
    That's because Sinnoh is located north in the Pokemon world. All the Pine trees also probably gave you the idea that it is a cold region.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Just curious, but did Hikari come up with the plan to drop Steelix in the ditch?

It looked like Hikari was explaining something to Ash/Brock/Meowth at one point but I'm not sure if she came up with the idea of how to stop Steelix or not.
    She did indeed. She remembered about the shovels and figured if they lured it into falling over the edge like that, it'd be KOed and they'd have a chance to get the shovels out.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I love how Shimura toned down with the HYPER GIGA STOCK FOOTAGE BEAM!

Also, this episode was made because the Bidoof Empire forced the writers to make it. And gotta love the 'ONLY-USED-IN-THREE-FRICKEN-EPIS' Spurt playing in the background.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

I wasn't expecting much from this, despite it staring the best early route mammal, but it proved to be a wholesomely entertaining outing. Maybe it's due to the fact that, for once, the protagonists didn't just seem to want to help out of the goodness of their hearts. They had to help out the Bippa for their own benefit too. I guess the fact that they all had a common goal was what made this stand out from the usual filler stuff~
    There were a lot of interesting animation & musical combinations that worked incredibly well this time around, and it helped make the entire ordeal seem all the more desperate and intense.
    And I like episodes where Meowth plays a part in coming to the aid of those in need, reluctant or not.

I know the Steelix was only destroying/terrorising stuff because of the shovels causing it pain, but it still came across as a total prick. I don't really have any reason for feeling that way...it's just one of those 'I just did' situations I suppose.

Also, Shimura is really improving as of late. OK, her drawing style is, more often than not, bland as hell, but the animation itself has been really quite slick during certain moments. Muku.BIRD's whole scene, for example, was handled rather well, especially when it used Aerial Ace. Hopefully she can keep it up~

That Steelix was a prick.

It must be discrimatory against mentally retarded people too, since it had no qualms at hitting a handicapped bird with it's tail.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzball288 View Post
    This was a pretty good episode. I liked how the Bidoof had different voices and genders. And they were all so cute! Kinda boring plot-wise, but the cute little Bidoof made up for it.

I also liked when they all jumped down from the ledge. IT'S RAINING BIDOOF!!
    Meh, they remind me of lemmings.

Anyway, it probably would've been much neater if we saw Bibarel in action.

WE HAVE TO GET THOSE SHOVELS OUT!

The way Brock said that in the preview for the dub...was...simply flowing with dramatic action.

This episode was pretty good. It was good to see a Bidoof which was pretty cool. The head Bidoof sounded weird compared to the other Bidoof. It was pretty funny when James mentioned that Steelix was gone, but was right in front of them. I found it odd that Steelix went on a rampage just cuz it had a few shovels in his head. IMO, this was one of the few episodes that showed how smart Dawn is (not that I’m saying that she isn’t) when she said to lure Steelix into the pit. It was hilarious when Dawn suggested that Meowth be the decoy for luring Steelix.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Bidoof was just the cutest thing I have ever seen.

Staravia is brain-damaged and still got the shovel out with it's head. I guess the brain-damage doesn't aware the bird of its condition.

The lost Bidoof definitely had one of the cutest dub voices ever, though they probably just did the Bidoof leader and heightened its pitch at varying levels for the rest of the clan.

Now, WHERE'S OUR RATTATA EPISODE, DAMMIT?!

I like the fact that they mentioned aspirin in a kids show, twice no less. I found it odd how Dawn said that Steelix was ALWAYS weak to water when it isn't, maybe they mistook that Steel type attacks are not very effective against water types. Or they didn't want to say Steelix could drown or something, or maybe I'm crazy.
    FC:1332 4698 4642

The whole time I kept thinking why did'nt essie use Wobbuffet's Counter on any of those Hyper Beams....BOOM!!!!! Steelix you be at the mercy of her pokeball and it would have been hers.
    (The IRON SNAKE pokemon, snakes go with Jessie. I would have liked her to catch such a powerful pokemon.)
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

I found it odd how Dawn said that Steelix was ALWAYS weak to water when it isn't, maybe they mistook that Steel type attacks are not very effective against water types. Or they didn't want to say Steelix could drown or something, or maybe I'm crazy.
    OBJECTION!

Water is neutral against Steel. Steelix is Steel/Ground, thus weak to Bubblebeam.

Meh!

That's all I've got to say about this episode because it reminded me too much of the episode in Hoenn All Torkoal, No Play with a piss'd off Steelix.

But one cute thing I have to comment on was the Bidoof. They just reminded me of watching The Wizard of Oz. The Bidoof voices reminded me of the munchkins!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

This episode was pretty good. Seeing the gender differences between the Bidoofs was interesting. And there were several funny parts - like Meowth being suggested as the 'bait'.
    Just wondering... Do wild Steelixs exist in the games? Sure, this is anime, so it can be different from the games, but I didn't hear about any wild Steelix so far...

Off topic: Look in Iron Island or Victory Road in DP for wild Steelix's.

On topic: I laughed so hard when Staravia got hit by the shovel, I started choking. XD

haven't seen it yet, but looks decent
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    OBJECTION!

Water is neutral against Steel. Steelix is Steel/Ground, thus weak to Bubblebeam.
    Oh, my mistake! Thanks for the correction.

And Steelix can be found in the wild on D/P
    FC:1332 4698 4642

An alright episode nothing special mainly a filler
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

A really good episode, plenty of pokémon and the Bidoof were great, I loved how they each had an individual voice, rather than sounding so similar, especially the 'chief' Bidoof, who sounded tougher than the rest.

The things that I think would have made this better would have been:

A. The 'chief' being a Bibarel, I dunno, I just think it would have made for a more interesting episode

B. Brock capturing the Bidoof he helped, I dunno why, I just think something like a Bidoof would have suited him to a tee, even with Croagunk quite fresh under his belt

Again, enjoyable, nice to see a Johto pokémon making a return, especially one with such a bad-ass attitude as Steelix.

6/10
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

The Bidoof sounded so cute^_^
    Just call me the PokeGirl!

Quote Originally Posted by reehee View Post
    This episode was pretty good. Seeing the gender differences between the Bidoofs was interesting. And there were several funny parts - like Meowth being suggested as the 'bait'.
    Just wondering... Do wild Steelixs exist in the games? Sure, this is anime, so it can be different from the games, but I didn't hear about any wild Steelix so far...
    Well prior to the 4th generation, there were no wild Steelix in the games. But in DP there are wild Steelix in that Iron Island place and Victory Road.

The episode was alright, but the cute Bidoof made up for it

I thought this episode was good. The Bidoof's voices were cool.

I wasnt so bothered about this episode so i didnt really watch it. But saying that I did catch the last 15 minutes and it wasnt that bad but I have seen better episodes. I liked the bidoof though and the steelix looked cool as well ^_^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast