RPG Cafe Rules
It has come to a point where the RPG Café has become a mockery of what it was originally created for. Believe it or not, this place wasn’t actually intended to be full of nothing but Discussion threads about every single RPG on the board.
And all the while the topics in the Café are turning into chat threads, where people post random rubbish intermixed with the occasional question and call it an “RPG Discussion”.
Enough. That ends now with this re-haul of the rules for the Café.
1. Follow the Main Forum Rules unless they contradict the RPG Forum Rules.
2. Follow the RPG Forum Rules.
3. All Café topics must actually have something to do with RPGing in general. This includes discussing characters, the kinds of plots you like and so on.
4. Respect other member's creativity and ideas. If you have an opinion, then share it constructively. Don’t act as if your opinion is superior or that you know better than everybody else. Flaming other members, or just making random, stupid comments (SPAM) will not be tolerated.
5. Before posting a thread, check to make sure nothing similar exists. Only topics that have not been replied to in over 3 months can be restarted (meaning that you can still post in a topic less than three months old).
Up until now, RPG Creators have been allowed to make threads where RPers from their RPGs could discuss and chat. When this sub-forum was first penned, it was intended for people to use it to pass on important information, movement of plot and other details that would only clog up the main RPG thread, not random chatting.
Only RPGs that actually had detail in them were using the Discussion Threads properly - others were just chat threads for the members. Therefore, we now have specific rules for creating Discussion Threads.
1. Discussion Threads require Mod Permission before they can be created.
2. Any threads made without permission from now on will be locked, and the creator will face the possibility of their RPG itself being locked as well.
3. If you want a Discussion Thread for your RPG you must PM a Moderator with a link to your RPG, and provide information to convince them that you are going to be using the thread properly, and because you actually need it. For example, if an RPG would have a lot of OOC posts otherwise, or a lot of information to be givem and needs to be updated.
4. If the information you provide is deemed not good enough, you may be given a second chance or you will simply be denied. Do not start an argument with a Mod over their decision, as it will only earn you infractions quicker.
5. Discussion Threads that are approved, then found to be misused or degenerating into a chat thread, will not only be closed, but plenty of spam infractions will be handed out to all members participating in the thread.
6. When posting an approved thread, put clearly in the first post the name of the Moderator who approved your thread. If you are found to be lying about this, you will receive infraction points.
7. The first post in a Discussion thread should say more than just "post questions here." It is strongly advised that you provide links to the Sign-Up thread as well as to the main RPG thread (asap), a list of members, a set of rules for your RPG and any other pieces of information the RPers should know.
Threads that existed before the creation of these new rules are not forced to change, nor do they still need Mod permission. However Rule 7 exists only to help both the GM and the RPers, and it is highly advised that you follow it for your own benefit.
This is a current list or all useful and important RPG Threads. This is always prone to change, as the RPG Forum is currently going under some changes, and lots of threads are being changed and/or updated. It will also be changed to include any good threads that pop up that are not Discussion Threads. The RPG Cafe is designed for other things, not just discussion threads after all.
Full Forum Rules
RPG Forum Rules
RPG Forum - Moderator Notes & Announcements
RPG Forum Feedback & Suggestions
RPG Wish List
RPGers, share your character bios here!
started by: Hazey Lucario
A place to show off and discuss characters you have created, or the types you like to create for RPGs.
started by: RaZoR LeAf
Ever created a character just for the sake of it? Post any characters you've made here, even if it's one your making up on the spot.
The Ideal RPG- Is there a formula to it?
started by: masterwannabe
Discuss what types of RPGs you enjoy participating in, and what makes an RPG stand so it's a wow-I-need-to-signup-for-that-before-someone-else-does RPG.
started by: Psychic
What do you think about those second-to-the-Trainer Pokémon characters? Everyone handles them differently, the methods for doing so can be found here.