Disclaimer:
This work of fiction is based on my current knowledge of the Naruto storyline and may have errors stemming from that fact. I do not want to see any posts or comments telling me whats wrong based on the story. I will however happily accept any and all help with Jutsu and chakra information, and hand signs for different jutsus. Everything aside I hope you all enjoy this work of fan fiction.
~Shinigami_Shane~
~LT. Mustang~
~Envy~
Sharingan Girl: A Naruto Fan fiction
Shane M.
3/17/07

Prologue:

In the village of Konoha, also known as the Village Hidden in the Leaves, there are many legends and stories, but there is a story of one young man, who from birth was infused with the spirit of an evil nine tailed fox demon. This boy had a dream that everyone in the village called feeble or stupid, impossible for him. He wanted to become the Hokage, the village champion and the strongest shinobi. His name was Uzumaki Naruto.

After Naruto passed his exam to graduate from the Ninja Academy he was paired up with Uchiha Sasuke, the last surviving member of the tragedy of the Uchiha clan, slaughtered by his older brother Itachi. The last member of the squad was Haruno Sakura, a young genin with a large crush on Sasuke and had a disliking to Naruto. Along with their sensei, the enigmatic and talented Hatake Kakashi, they made up Squad Seven.

Through their many trials and tests, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura realized their potential, and their dreams. Now, many years later the village of Konoha has been rebuilt after Orochimaru, along with the Sand Ninja from the Land Of Wind and his own Sound Ninja attempted to destroy the village Hidden In The Leaves. The Fourth Hokage perished in that battle against Orochimaru and now, years later a new Hokage has fulfilled his dreams. The name of the Sixth Hokage is none other than Uzumaki Naruto!

Chapter One:

The early morning light filtered through the clouds, making the beads of dew on the blades grass look like little bits of glass. In a home in the western district of the village, the day hasn’t quite started yet. In the center of a less than tidy bedroom buried under blankets and a pillow over her head, a young girl, no older than fourteen, slept soundly, or at least tried to. A frequent knock on the door hindered her ability to sleep. Opening one hazel colored eye, she groaned and sat up.

“Komina, you’re going to be late for your first assignment as a Genin!” Came a female voice belonging to Komina’s mother Sakura.

With a sigh, she stood up, stretching her arm over her head and rubbing her eyes. She ran her fingers through her raven black hair that fell a few inches past her shoulders. A red streak ran through her bangs that fell in her face, partially covering her right eye. She dressed in gray jeans with a shuriken holster strapped to her right leg and an off white top with red, blue and green designs cut on the right side revealing a little cleavage, and on her right arm she had tied a red ribbon. She looked at herself in the mirror, holding her leaf headband in her hand as she tied it around her head, the metal plate facing to the left.

“Bye mom, I’m going!” Komina called as she started walking out the door, a bag slung over her shoulder.

“Komina, I want you to be careful.” Sakura said, her short pink hair was held back by her own leaf headband; Sakura was once Sasuke and Naruto’s teammate, and still serves as a shinobi with the rank of Chuunin.

“I will mom. Isn’t Dad here?” Komina asked, noticing the absence of her father Uchiha Sasuke.

“No, he had to talk to the Hokage about something.” She replied, and with that, Komina was out the door and headed to the gate leading outside of the village.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………
“I don’t see what you’re so worried about Sasuke. Don’t you trust my decisions?” Asked a blonde haired man of thirty, dressed in an orange coat and brown pants with distinct whisker-like markings marked his cheeks as he looked at the dark haired man wearing a brown Jounin vest and dark pants. Uchiha Sasuke sighed.

They stood inside the main office of the village government, a well lit room with a spectacular view of the village and the Cliffside with the carved faces of the first, second, third and fourth Hokage. Scrolls hung from the walls, as did pictured and paintings along with ANBU Black Ops Jounin in each corner.

“Lord Hokage, we’ve known each other for a long time and I trust your intuition, but she’s my daughter. I just think that maybe I should evaluate if the Jounin instructor you assigned her will be able to teach her, especially when she gains the Sharingan. You know that having Hatake Kakashi as my sensei helped me understand how to use mine.” He said, trying to make his point.

“So did Orochimaru, isn’t that right Sasuke?” Naruto asked. Sasuke didn’t say
anything.

“Look,” Naruto said, “I understand that you’re worried, but you need to trust that I made the right decision. We both know that Komina can handle herself. She’s starting her career as a shinobi. Now is the time that we must let her show us the extent of her talents.”

“I understand, Lord Hokage. I know you put her in good hands.” Sasuke said, and took his place among the other Jounin.

With a smile, the Sixth Hokage sat back in his chair, reading over a file. He flipped through the pages.

“Uchiha Komina. If she’s anything like Sasuke, she’ll blow right past the other genin in no time.” Naruto thought to himself.
Komina stood near the gate, leaning on a tree as she waited for the other members of her squad. Even though it was common practice for Genin to know one another and squads to be made up from students of a single class, Komina didn’t know her fellow genin in her squad and vice versa. She twirled a kunai knife on her finger, throwing it at a tree in the middle of several other shuriken and kunai thrown their in boredom.

“Man, this is such a chore. I hate having to wait around on people like this.” She said to herself. “I remember dad telling me that his sensei was always late once.”

Suddenly, out of the blue, chains shot from the bushes, wrapping themselves around Komina’s body, pinning her to the tree. She strained, trying to break free, but her arms were seized behind her back. The chains tightened as she struggled, she could feel her breath being choked out of her. Immediately she was grabbed from behind, feeling a kunai pressing on her neck.

“Now, you can all me Orbame Mizuka, and you’ll do exactly as I say, or you’ll die. Take me to the Hokage.” Came the voice of the attacker; A dark, menacing shape resembling the demon brothers from the land of rain. She could feel him breathing on her neck as he pressed the knife harder on her skin.

“Really?” Komina said, and suddenly she burst in a plume of smoke, the assailant holding nothing more than a log, the chains harmlessly binding the piece of wood.

“A substitution jutsu!” He growled, spinning around in time to see Komina’s foot land on his face, sending him tumbling onto the dirt road. He got to his feet, charging once more, twirling a chain in his hand.

“You little brat!” He roared as he rushed over to her, whipping the chain at her and pulling hard, but once again she poofed harmlessly into a cloud of smoke, nothing more than another substitution jutsu. All of a sudden as he turned around to find the real Komina, his body stopped moving. His arms were moved to his sides by some unseen force, and he was forced to kneel.

“What’s wrong? Can’t move? Looks like my Shadow Possession Justu worked. It lets me control your movements for a short period of time.” Komina said. The Shadow Possession Jutsu, better known by its newer name, Shadow Paralysis Jutsu, lets the user take control of the opponents’ body by using shadows to restrain the, but for only a few minutes at a time due to the amount of chakra needed. It’s mainly used by the Nara clan.

“Don’t get too overconfident. I know for a fact that your little jutsu is good for about five minutes. And when that time is up you’ll be a sitting duck.” Mizuka growled.

Just then, from behind him, a voice rang out, “Fire Style! Fireball Jutsu!!”
A large fireball blasted from the trees behind them, slamming into the assassin. He cried out as the fire scorched and burned his body, turning to Komina, who no longer held him in her Shadow Paralysis Jutsu.

“If not her, then who was it?” He thought to himself.

“You’re pretty slow, aren’t you?” Came Komina’s voice from behind him, hanging upside down from a tree branch. Mizuka turned to look, filled with rage.

“Which one of you is the real one?” he bellowed.

“What? Aren’t you having as much fun as I am?” Komina quipped.
She jumped from the tree to attack him, slashing with her kunai, harmlessly dispersing a water clone. Komina jumped back, reassessing the situation and what to do next. She turned her head when he slammed his knee into her abdomen, knocking the wind out of her and sending her flying back several feet as Mizuka grabbed her from behind, slamming her into the ground.

“You’re almost out of chakra, aren’t you? Spent too much time using your little jutsu’s to actually kill me before your chakra ran out. Now, take me to the Hokage before I run out of patience!” Mizuka said, holding her by the neck. She slammed her elbow into his rib cage, biting down hard on his hand, causing him to curse and let her go. She got as much distance between them as she could, breathing heavily from the blow to her ribs.

“Don’t think that because you were able to hit me that you can beat me you creep!” Komina snapped, forming the sign of the tiger with her hand. “I’ll show you the move that my father taught me!”

With that Komina disappeared in a flurry of leaves; Mizuka growled and stepped back, trying to see where she went when she reappeared under him, harshly slamming her foot under his chin; his lower jaw crashing into the top one and knocking several teeth loose. She launched him high into the air with that one powerful kick. He sailed through the air and she jumped up, grabbing him in midair, holding him tightly.

“Get ready! I’ll show you the strength of the Uchiha clan! Lions Barrage!!” She cried, slamming her fist into his face and upper body, unleashing the powerful taijutsu and slamming him hard into the ground with a final deft kick to the abdomen. She jumped back, standing over him, breathing heavily as she stepped on his neck.

“Now, what the hell do you want with Lord Hokage?” Komina demanded. Mizuka laughed at her.

“Why should I tell you? It’ll be more fun if you just figure things out for yourself. I don’t have much time now, but I can tell you that I was sent here to test your abilities. For someone fresh from the academy you sure are a crafty one. You’re what we would expect from an Uchiha.” Mizuka coughed out.

“What do you mean? Who sent you?” She demanded once more.

“Sorry, but I can’t tell you that. My time in this world is at an end.” And with that, he slumped down and stopped moving. She felt his neck, checking for a pulse and found none. He was dead. That didn’t make sense; she didn’t intend to kill him.

“Uchiha Komina.” Came a male voice. She drew her weapon and faced the source of the voice; a tall man in his forties with long silver hair that spiked upward. He had on the uniform that Leaf Village Jounin wore and his headband was tilted so that it covered his left eye.

“Are you alright?” he asked.

“Kakashi-sensei? How long were you there?” Komina asked. Kakashi was once the instructor who taught her father and mother and the sixth Hokage, and he always stopped by to see them.

“Oh, a few minutes I suppose.” He said in his usual nonchalant and enigmatic way. Komina flipped.

“You we’re there the entire time and you didn’t lift a finger to help me?! What if he had killed me?!” Komina yelled. To Kakashi she reminded him of Sakura the way she was standing and clenching her fists. Truth is that to Kakashi that at times she acts more like Naruto when he was her age.

“Calm down Komina, other than the few hits he got off he couldn’t come near to killing you. Besides I was curious at how much experience you have.” Kakashi said as Komina crossed her arms across her chest, peering at him through her black bangs.

“So, did Dad talk to the Hokage to get you to be my sensei?” Komina asked, the two now sitting in the shade eating. The ANBU Black Ops had already disposed of the body and now they were waiting for the rest of the squad.

“Yes. Sasuke was adamant about having me as your instructor. He wanted
someone who could teach you to use your Sharingan effectively.” Kakashi replied.

“But, I don’t have the Sharingan yet.” She sighed.

“In time, Komina. From what I saw back there, you’ll do fine without it for a while.” Kakashi encouraged.

“Truth is I was so scared when he started getting the best of me.” Komina thought.

Then, from down the trail, came a boy with black hair cut in a bowl style, wearing a dark green long sleeved shirt with matching pants, his headband around his waist. Komina thought for a second, trying to remember who he looked like.

“He looks like Rock Lee.” She said. He came closer, standing at attention in front of Kakashi.

“Well, introduce yourself.” Kakashi said.

“Yes! My name is Gai Lee, son of Taijutsu legend Rock Lee! I apologize for my tardiness sensei!” He said. Kakashi nudged Komina, who stood up and shook
Gai’s hand.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Uchiha Komina, daughter of Haruno Sakura and Uchiha Sasuke.” Komina said. Gai looked at her face, noticing the bruise on her right cheek.

“Komina-chan, did you get into a fight?” he asked. Kakashi explained what had happened earlier that day. Lee made the comment of being regretful that he couldn’t be there to help her, but she said that it wasn’t much of anything. Secretly to herself she was worried; if someone sent that ninja to test her skills, then what’s going to happen next? Is someone going to try and invade the village? Kakashi piped up.

“Komina, don’t worry. Whatever is going on, Lord Hokage and the ANBU Black Ops will handle it. You need to focus on your training if you want to be like your father.” He said.

“Right. But before we do that, we need the third genin of our squad. He sure does like being late.” Komina said.
“He’s from the hidden mist village. But what purpose would he serve here?” Sasuke mused.

“Remember, Kakashi said that he was sent to test Uchiha Komina’s skills. I suggest that we step yup security and look for anything suspicious. Lord Hokage, what should we do?” asked an ANBU.

“Let’s keep an eye on things. If anything seems out of the ordinary, investigate it fully. This doesn’t seem right.” Naruto concluded.

“Right.” With that, the ANBU Black Ops dispersed themselves around the village. If anything was going to happen to compromise the safety of the village, Naruto wanted to be sure it did not happen.