Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cooking up a Great Story! (492)

for what they hyped up in the preview, the actual battle between Satoshi and Pikachu was a huge let-down (not to mention short... hell, you saw pretty much all of it in the aforementioned preview). However, there was one thing I enjoyed about this episode: Sugar evolving into Raichu. Seriously, I was half expecting Sugar to show up as a Pikachu... the idea of a Raichu crossed my mind, but I know these writers tend to jump at the opportunity of having multiple Pikachu (I'm looking at you Hiroshi, you god damn clone), and this of course seemed like the perfect chance. What a pleasant surprise that turned out to be. ^^

As S. Suikun already mentioned, this also makes the first Raichu showcase in years (remarkable that a member of the most popular Pokemon's family is quite possibly one of the most under-appreciated. Even Pichu manages to get a billion specials and mini-movies to itself -_-). Another nice thing: unlike the majority of electric Pokemon showcasings, in which it pairs up with Pikachu and they blow up Rocket Dan with a double Thunderbolt or some s*** like that (practically showing all electric Pokemon are only capable of doing what Pikachu can already do, if not worse -_-), Raichu acted entirely on its own, and Focus Punch even let it have a more distinct fighting style from what we usually see of its previous evolution.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Very disappointed with this one, I expected some drama involving Ash and Pikachu and it was just a typical filler. I didn't undertsand the whole plot, it seemed so dull. I thought the poffin making was going to be more developed.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

They didn't make Pofin in this, that was the Roserade episode.

As S. Suikun already mentioned, this also makes the first Raichu showcase in years
    He was in Clear as Crystal as well...but it was just a cameo.

Anyway, I wonder if the writers will have Denzi use it as his main Pokemon and give us another Pikachu vs. Raichu battle down the line?
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 31st March 2007 at 1:49 PM.

I take Sugar randomly found a Thunderstone then? :s

I was really put off by how everyone seemed so off in so many scenes. I really do hate it.

Old grandma sure do know how to battle. However, the way she interupted Aipom from attacked was really foolish - If it weren't for the "keeping it clean and not hurt old people" concept the show has, that old woman would've broken her old de-calciumised legs.

I think Sugar was male. Judging from the Pokedex, the female Raichu has a "flat" or cut tip of their tail whereas the male has an edgy/sharp tip. If that made sense.

Also, how cruel to mislead everyone with a title based on a few minute long battle - Haha, nice.

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki View Post
    Well, since Sugar's tail was not splitted and the old lady didn't say a thing about (Ash's) Pikachu's tail, it's clear to us that Sugar is a male.

- Haruki.

Ah crap! You're right! I totally forgot about the Bidoof episode where the tails told the difference between genders. And I think THAT one was the first episode to show genders. So Sugar WAS a male? *beats head with fist* I hate jumping to conclusions and being wrong
    Last edited by PANCAKE; 31st March 2007 at 3:25 PM.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

i don't get the episode.

did that old lady suffered from Alzheimer?!

Yeah, the animation wasn't great like some of the other D/P episodes, but this one was still nice. I just wish the battle between Pikachu and Satoshi lasted longer. xD;

Nice seeing Raichu make an appearance - he's adorable. C:

For those who don't get what was the episode about, I made a resume of it... Just return to page 1 and scroll down.

Gaychu? LOL! XD
    Since Pikachu is cute and all, I don't think Sugar is a bad nick, though... And, since it evolved into Raichu now, yeah, it sounds weird...
    Anyway, I'm not nicknaming my DP Raichu after Sugar, heck no...

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Very disappointed with this one, I expected some drama involving Ash and Pikachu and it was just a typical filler. I didn't undertsand the whole plot, it seemed so dull. I thought the poffin making was going to be more developed.
    Hmmmm... Maybe it seemed dull because you didn't pay any atention while you watched this. Thinking this episode was about Pofin is a proof. :/

- Haruki.

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Sugar must be a gay 'Chu then.XD Who'd pick such a girly name for a boy?
    An old woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Needle Smash View Post
    An old woman.
    Or Harley.

Anyways, finally watched the episode. Love to see Raichu appearing after a major MIA. Everything else was subpar; the plot was half good and the COTDs were very generic and badly animated. Good thing that KinoSHITa was doing this epi.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

hey everyone, #PM just released a sub of this episode. Be sure to check it out. [wink] [wink]

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    He was in Clear as Crystal as well...but it was just a cameo.
    and how long ago was that? ...............my point exactly.
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 2nd April 2007 at 3:49 AM.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

I was hoping for another parody sub this year...you disappointing...disappointer person. :P
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

of course, what do you expect on April Fool's? I drop hints that I'm working on another parody, and then I go and throw it back in all of your faces. XD But you might wanna check out this sub, in any case. [wink] Even though this episode looks dull, there's some pretty interesting stuff going on that you could only get out of the dialogue, like Amano's hidden past involving a murderer who killed her brother before stating he's from an organization called "Ginga", and is Tamami indicating that she'll become a recurring character? OMG!
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 2nd April 2007 at 4:04 AM.

I know what the parody is...

Oh well, atleast I can understand what happens in a boring episode instead of watching a boring episode without understanding it.

I was going to avoid watching this one completely, but all this suspicious winking and confusing reverse psychology has forced my curious side to open a can of torrent

I just decided to open that can, and all I can say is...

...I hate everybody. :P
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Is there an Internet-Joke about the subbed episode I did miss?

Because the sub seems very random ^^;

Oh, ehh,...the episode wasn´t that bad actually. It had its cute moments and I liked the Raichu at the end. I totally forgot about this episode because it didn´t interest me at all which may be the reason I didn´t found it so bad.
    My expections were very,very low ^^
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

well, it was taken down, so for those who missed it, it wasn't the sub of this episode. However, it wasn't my parody sub, neither. XD

Yeah, I contributed my script a bit late and they said they wouldn't be able to finish it by April 1st. So, they decided to release a School Rumble episode under a false title... no idea why they decided to label it as an episode 24 sub, as I honestly think more people were looking forward to me doing another parody, and thus the higher likelihood of April Fooling everybody (hell, I outright suggested to them that they label it as the parody). Fear not, though. The true parody shall be released soon. April Fool's is over, so you can take my word for it (for the record, no, I did not parodize this episode).

Saw this in motion, and overall it was cute, and ok. Most of the episode was meh, but I loved the moments where Pikachu touched his tail on his head. That was cute, it was even cuter when Sugar did it.

I was disappointed of the battle, they could of made this episode a bit more dramatic between Ash and Pikachu. The battle lasted barely about 30 to 45 seconds to me. And the title did not really go well enough to be called Showdown! Ash Vs Pikachu since they barely were against each other. More this episode should be called, "Being Sugar for a Day" or "Sweet sweet Sugar" (Ok they sound corny, but yeah)

But what it did not made a total waste was Raichu showing up! I had a bad weekend, and seeing Raichu put me a smile, since he kicked ***, and ruled the ending. And damn, it was strong little critter. I'm hoping for more Raichu appearances in the future, it not showcased enough, and one day I want to see another Pikachu vs. Raichu battle. I believe it has been about 5 years since Raichu last appeared.

This episode was good. Croagunk hitting Brock with Poison Jab never gets old. It was funny whenever Pikachu scratched his head with his tail. It really got exciting, IMO, when Ash had to battle his own Pikachu. It was predictable that Abigail would know that it was really Ash’s Pikachu. It was great to see Sugar return. It was cool when Sugar broke through the TR mecha.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I so expected the Raichu coming even I didn't know before.

Watching this episode looked so awesome on my new TV...

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

This was a pretty decent episode, but Focus Punch spam tarnished it. It was nice seeing Raichu, but, what's this? No new Pokemon?! Le gasp!
    [IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2wh3vpw.png[/IMG]
    Thank you, SapphireL.

I can BREAK these cuffs!

Hmm. So Poffin is the next episode? Finnally!

TR was talking about making Pokeblock. I guess that makes sense, they don't know what Poffin is yet...

Sugar learned Focus Punch to open the berries...Wouldn't Focus Punch splatter the jucies everywhere by crushing the berry itself? I mean, Raichu has some big hands compared to berries...

So Sugar is definately a male. The Bidoof ep proved the anime uses Gender Differences, and Granny didn't react to Pikachu having a non-heart shaped tail, and Sugar itself had a full thunderbolt on its tail instead of thre cut design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

It was an ok episode, seemed like old times for some reason. Team Rocket being crazy like normal. What confuses me is why Dawn got to read the title, I mean it seemed more like an Ash episode to me. Well anyways I give it a 9/9 anyways.

I Actually Enjoyed this episode
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast