Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cooking up a Great Story! (492)

Team Rocket's motto was extra cool today, looked great.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Finally, I see this episode and...Meh!

Yeah, but it was a cute episode nonetheless! You just couldn't help but feel sorry for Abigail. Thank God she wasn't so oblivious about Pikachu belonging to Ash. And also, great to see Raichu again. Alls well that ends well and all that jazz!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    Hmm. So Poffin is the next episode? Finnally!

TR was talking about making Pokeblock. I guess that makes sense, they don't know what Poffin is yet...

Sugar learned Focus Punch to open the berries...Wouldn't Focus Punch splatter the jucies everywhere by crushing the berry itself? I mean, Raichu has some big hands compared to berries...

So Sugar is definately a male. The Bidoof ep proved the anime uses Gender Differences, and Granny didn't react to Pikachu having a non-heart shaped tail, and Sugar itself had a full thunderbolt on its tail instead of thre cut design.
    Sugar must've learned to control the intensity of his punches.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I thought the best part was when Raichu came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernape33 View Post
    I thought the best part was when Raichu came out.
    I liked the usage of FOCUS PUNCH, but I thought they'd showcase some of the other D/P attacks like FOCUS BLAST.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I liked this episode. But then again I always enjoy the episodes with resteraunts in them.

This episode was ok I guess. It was good to see a Raichu again but I felt sorry for Abilgal though when she though Ashs Pikachu was Sugar. I also enjoyed Team Rocket in this episode but I thought the battle between Ash and Pikachu was a little strange

Awww.
    I really liked this episode. It just touched me deeply.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

Firstly, isnt the title "Cooking up a SWEET Story"?

Anywho, this episode (of the 2 DP Eps Ive watched) wasnt very good. It as all quite corny and predictable and it felt like the writers were going too much for the "awww" factor.

At least I understand now where Staravia got brain damaged I honestly think Staravia should be strong enough to get through a TR MECHA?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

And Raichu was predictable, as was Focus Punch. Admitedly though, Raichu pummeling the Mecha was rather intense and cool (for that episode at least. If that had been in a better episode, it would be LAME).
    Come to The Caption Contest, where everyone is a winner Unless you lose

This episode is cool, well, the part when Sugar(Pikachu) evolved into Raichu in the end. I don't know if the gender is female, because Pikachus have differences in the gender and so is Raichu too.

I really enjoyed this episode. It was nice that the girl was trying to make her aunt feel better by passing off Ash's Pikachu as her aunt's because her aunt's had gone missing. At least Pikachu was a willing sport about the whole thing, and the episode had a happy ending. It was a change from the usual story at least. It's also interesting that Team Rocket mentioned about making pokeblock since they hadn't introduced poffins into the show yet.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

it's a cute episode i think, that other pikachu had a funny nickname if you ask me:P

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Nice episode...i really liked it...Pikachu is just cute
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I admit; I totally cheated while rewatching this episode. I skipped around and probably reduced its length by 4/5. Thast speaks measures about how much I detest this episode, which not only continues to be Sinnoh's most awful outing, but is one of the bottom outings of the entire series. I'm actually gonna keep this short because it makes me so annoyed - awful plot, awful animation, awful COTDs, awful emotion, awful fight sequences, and a very standard use of TR. It's boring, it's sappy, it's cheesy, it's overdone, and it falls victim to every negative stereotype of this show that otherwise doesn't even apply these days. Back when this episode first aired, I did marvel over how long it had been since we'd seen Raichu, but Raichu would later get a far superior episode in the form of DP074. Overall, I'm thankful that an episode like this only comes along once in a blue moon. There might be two other episodes max in Sinnoh that I'm willing to give the following grade to:

F
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

That's being nice, more like F -
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I dunno, I kinda liked this episode, Pikachu looked cute when it was scratching its head but it could just be me I guess. I actually thought the reason Raichu wasn't around that somehow it died or something considering how old the aunt was, but the ending was nice.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Wasn't this called Cooking up a Sweet Story? I could have sworn the title was different. It was a boring filler unless you like happy endings, sort of. I was glad to see a Raichu though. They almost always appear in a Pikachu episode, but this time, the Raichu didn't battle Ash's Pikachu but helped save the day. A nice change there haha. Not too much going on though. 4/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 7th November 2010 at 9:24 PM.

Ash's Pikachu behaved differently in this episode.

And i loved to see again Pikachu's big rival: Raichu.

6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

There wasn't much going on in this one but I like the fact the old woman wasn't some helpless old lady and was actually a decent battler. I'm happy she got her Pikachu back after it had evolved into Raichu.This episode was alright.

I'm skipping a review for dp 23, which is a filler episode.

I think the first half of this episode is worth watching, since it provides some interesting characterization for Ash. Just like a couple of episodes ago, he finds himself in an awkward situation: a girl COTD wants him to loan Pikachu for a few days to her heartbroken Granny, whose own Pikachu has run away. This should give Granny the inspiration she needs to compete in a some sort of baking contest, and once Granny has won the contest, then she'll be so happy that she won't mind if she finds out Pikachu is really Ash's. Seeing that Pikachu is up for the job, Ash says okay.

Granny is thrilled to see her Pikachu back, and the first thing that she must do now is start baking. She and Pikachu head off alone to get some berries, with the girl COTD telling Ash that Pikachu is needed to thunderbolt the berries. That's not something Pikachu has ever done, Ash worries, so the group head off after Granny. Well, Ash's intuition turns out to be right; Granny realizes that Pikachu isn't her Pikachu by the texture of the berries that Pikachu thunderbolts, but she doesn't let on right away. After a Team Rocket intrusion, she challenges Ash to a battle, and she doesn't let him weasel out of it. Ash is hesitant (this is probably a weakness in the episode; Ash and Dawn train their pokemon against each other frequently, so I'm not too sure why Ash would be bothered by battling Pikachu) but doesn't really have a choice. And he doesn't hold back; he actually uses a tactic here that he uses in the 2nd gym battle: ordering a barrage of attacks with the intent of moving his opponent rather than actually doing damage. Well, it works, and Aipom is about to land a clean focus punch on a defenseless Pikachu when Granny stops the battle. She then tells Ash he's a good boy, saying it twice, although he doesn't understand what she's talking about. It's an amazing scene; the tension is built by the COTD, who really feels for Ash (as long as you don't question why Ash would feel bad, like I pointed out before), and maybe from her reaction Granny determines that Pikachu is Ash's.

Later on, Ash and the group are together, and Ash begins to have serious qualms about what he's doing. He points out that Granny really cares for Pikachu; otherwise, she wouldn't have stopped the battle. There's no way Granny will be okay once she finds out Pikachu isn't hers. Girl COTD tells Ash to still wait until the baking contest is over, but Ash says he must tell Granny now-he's not helping her this way. I think the scene is amazing from Ash's standpoint, and it's in character for him since he's thinking more with his feelings than his head (again, I wish I could be that way). It also shows a bit of progression for him since the Hoenn days. I'm not sure which episode this is, but there was one where Ash was left in charge of starter Pokemon for a new trainer, and while he was on watch, the Torchic got loose and received so much exp. that it evolved into Combusken. So to avoid getting in trouble, Ash borrowed May's Torchic (w/o her knowledge) to pass off as the Torchic from the starter pokemon, and then he tried to convince the new trainer not to pick Torchic (I'm sure you know how that ended up; I'm glad Dawn never saw him act this way, and I think I'll try to forget it as well).

So back to this episode, Ash tells Granny what's been going on. Or at least, he's about to before she informs him that she already knew. But she's not surprised he tries to tell her, and maybe she knew he would. I hate to use cliches and things of that nature, but it's as Granny said earlier: Ash is a good boy.
    Last edited by wind21; 26th June 2010 at 12:46 AM.

Well although Pikachu remembered everything, it was felt like it isn't. Aipom was a little bit stronger in that battle.

Aipom vs Pikachu... That was very interesting... That battle should have continued to the end

This episode was ok... It was great that the girl was trying to make her Grandmother feel better by having Ash's Pikachu pose as her Grandmother's Pikachu that went missing. It was interesting to find out that her Pikachu evolved into Raichu and that the Grandmother already figured out that Ash's Pikachu wasn't her own. It's nice that Pikachu was a willing sport about the whole thing. The Pikachu vs Aipom battle was very cool, too bad it was never finished.

20/100

This episode was kinda boring to be honest. It was interesting when Ash had to battle Pikachu though, I liked that. Abigail was a decent old lady.

I was looking forward to this episode when the commerical showed Ash battling Pikachu, but then the battle was stopped (Cartoon Network practially showed the entire battle in the commerical for this episode!). Disappointing, to say the least.

~marioluigifan05

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast