Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh Do You Know The Poffin Plan? (493)

They replaced it. It sounded okay, I think Sarah did it.

"Roserade, Rose Roserade, Roserose Rade Roserade!!" I'm guessing?
    Y'know, I'd really like to know what goes through the mind of whoever decides to assign pokémon their voices, because a lot of the decisions concerning who keeps what are just baffling.

Thanks Koji~

This was just a filler episode nothing happened... but if you want to see an episode where team rocket really pulls through and starts doing well you will want to watch this i am so sick of ash being overshined by dawn and piplup pikachu can beat all her pokemon put together he has been in SO many battles ughhh it drives me CRAZY Dawn just started!!!
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Is it me or was Poffin pronounced wrong? Or have I been pronouncing it wrong? The show says Paw-Fin, I say Poe-Fin...But Pokeblock is Poe-Kee-Block, why isn't Poffin Poe-Fin? Ah well. :/

TR wanted to sell Poffin to be rich, but wouldn't it make more sense to sell Pokeblock? I mean, since Pokeblock is a Hoenn-Only thing, wouldn't buying Pokeblock in Sinnoh be equivalent to buying some of that Japanese candies from an American store? It'd get them more money than selling Poffin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.

a good episode especially that roserade as a superhero. I thought poffin would look like bread like in the games instead it looks like sweets.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade
    Shiny Pokemon:

Well then...

-The face expressions in this episode were...okay. I only say that because some of this episode reminded me of Berry, Berry Interesting. And since it's been a while since I've seen the episode pictures to this, I couldn't remember if all of the pokemon went completely mad after eating some poffin the same way May "poisoned" everybody back in that episode.
    -Ha! The way that Ash was trying to make poffin was too funny. I only say that because I was just like him when making the poffin. Overflow! Burn! Burn! Holy crap! Yeah, that's kind of like me in the game.
    -I really didn't care much for Roserade's voice. And of course, the only time I wanted to see Roserade is if we see a...Okay, you know where I'm going with all of that.

And that's about all!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Personally, one of the funnier filler episodes. Glad to see that they decided to make a reference to pokeblock. Sarah obviously did the voice of Roserade. There's a scene where Roserade speaks then Ash speaks, and it's pretty much the same thing.

Now that I've seen the english version, I understand a few more things:
    - why Dawn's pokemon hated the Poffin(it was designed for her Mother's Glameow)
    - Why Dawn is shocked.

Actually, everything else was rather easy to interpret the first time I saw it.

One thing nags me though: Why oh why did PUSA have to ditch the Heroes save theme for this other one. In case you don't know what I mean, the same theme used for Pikachu learning Volt Tackle In "May's Egg-cellent Adventure".

Also, I honestly cannot understand why BOTH irc.cartoon-world.org and pocketmonsters.net did not have the torrent files. Only Cartoonpalace.net did.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

I thought they'd sing the title like in "Let It Snow, Let IT Snow, Let It Snorunt".
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Y'know, I'd really like to know what goes through the mind of whoever decides to assign pokémon their voices, because a lot of the decisions concerning who keeps what are just baffling.
    I bet it's the same people who decide what music should be kept and which should be destroyed by horrible intrumental songs that don't fit with the show at all.

Anyways, back on topic,
    Roserade's voice annoyed me, I don't know why they had to change it, In the japanese version, it said "Roserade" as well, Was there a need?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I bet it's the same people who decide what music should be kept and which should be destroyed by horrible intrumental songs that don't fit with the show at all.

Anyways, back on topic,
    Roserade's voice annoyed me, I don't know why they had to change it, In the japanese version, it said "Roserade" as well, Was there a need?
    The writers thought that the original voice wasn't good enough, maybe.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    Is it me or was Poffin pronounced wrong? Or have I been pronouncing it wrong? The show says Paw-Fin, I say Poe-Fin...But Pokeblock is Poe-Kee-Block, why isn't Poffin Poe-Fin? Ah well. :/
    its pronounced pof-fin.

its another filler episode but a pretty good one in fact
    the end

good filler episode the fillers are doing good so far in my opinion. I liked learning about poffin making and dawn giving the poffins and then realising it was wrong was funny. Also good to see roserade too

Ok, DP has only just hit Britain, so YES Im a bit behind the times, but I just saw 2 Episodes (this one and the Cooking up a Sweet Story), and this was EASILY the better of the two.

Roserade was awesome, I love how it moves. Completely different to what I expected. And it PWNing Team Rocket and the Greedy Animals was awesome.

My only concern is its voice. You see Roserade, and expect it to have quite a high voice, and then it said its name, and it sounds like what a Croagunk/Baby Croagunk SHOULD sound lilke.
    Come to The Caption Contest, where everyone is a winner Unless you lose

Quote Originally Posted by DieChavsDie View Post
    Ok, DP has only just hit Britain, so YES Im a bit behind the times, but I just saw 2 Episodes (this one and the Cooking up a Sweet Story), and this was EASILY the better of the two.

Roserade was awesome, I love how it moves. Completely different to what I expected. And it PWNing Team Rocket and the Greedy Animals was awesome.

My only concern is its voice. You see Roserade, and expect it to have quite a high voice, and then it said its name, and it sounds like what a Croagunk/Baby Croagunk SHOULD sound lilke.
    Did you get the PUSA dub? If so you should know that Sarah Natochenny voiced Roserade for this episode. Notice how it sounds so similar to Ash?

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Ah, I take it it was the PUSA Dub (It wasnt in Japanese, and England doesnt get its own dub).

All I can say is Sarah Natochenny is a RUBBISH Voice Actress. Ash sounds like he's permenanatly constipated.

Is it Natochenny that voices Dawn too? If so, she cant keep her pitch. It sounds really shaky and kept dipping really low
    Come to The Caption Contest, where everyone is a winner Unless you lose

The poffins in this episode look to my interest for poffins, so I rate it 9.5 of 10.

At least Ash didn't sing the title. Since it's based off of an old song, I half expected it sung like Veronica Taylor did for "Let it Snow...".

The episode isn't that great, but at least they didn't repeat things from Hoenn too much. At least Dawn turned out to be a pretty good poffin cooker. The part where Ash burns his poffins and tries stuffing them down was hilarious. I know it took me ages to figure out how to stir the poffin to keep it from spilling, so I can sympathize with Ash in this episode. Roserade was an interesting pokemon too.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

LOL when Ash was like "Mine's ready!"
    And all the other Pokemon go away lmao

BORN1994 FANSINCE`1999
    banners made by `me

Roserade is uninteresting to me :/ But I guess Dawn learning Poffins was cool....

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Lol. Ash fails at cooking Poffins. Much like May did with her Purple Surprise/Pink Surprise whatever one it was. Combusken breathing multi-coloured flames is always a sight to behold. This episode was okay, the Roserade ninja idea was a good one I thought.

Roserade is so sweet in this episode! i love the whole im a super hero thing. It reminds me of super man..... hum.....oh well but at the end when its ripped off. i love how she still kicks there butts and shows them who wears the pants in that relationship. lol
    The Underused league is a league were you can battle pokemon who in my eyes are "over looked"
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=378491
    And this is the website that we use to define a UU
    http://www.smogon.com/dp/tiers/uu
    ^X^ = smiley yeah i made that!
    fc 2192 7392 3775
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=418941

good episode, that roserade is one strange fellow though.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Roserade is a cool Pokemon, i like watching this episode
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

^ *Looks at the two short and pointless posts*...It's clear you're just trying to boost your post count.

Anywho, I really enjoyed this episode. Roserade is a Pokemon that I always wanted to see with Ash, but oh well. At least the whole superhero thing it had going on was pretty cool. Dawn learned how to make Poffins, meh.

Lol, what a coincidink...Rank up.

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

Watching any episode after the Pikachu cake bakery, no matter how crappy it is, feels like a godsend.

Roserade is my favorite Pokemon from the Sinnoh generation, and even though it would later get more appearances, I'm a little disappointed it took such a backseat in its debut. Sure, it got to play hero, but most of this episode's focus was on the Poffin stuff, which was necessary but not all that entertaining. Like when Pokeblock creation was introduced, there were some amusing scenes with the gang messing up at first. And when it finally came turn for Roserade to be a badass, it was awesome (I can't believe I made a turban joke back then; actually, yes I can), complete with some very nice animation. (Fun fact: This would be Makoto Shinjo's final episode as solo AD.)

The COTD was nothing special, nor was the entire sequence of plot events. And in general, the episode wasn't too different than the Hoenn episode with Kanata and Pokeblock. But with little bits of humor sprinkled throughout, as well asd the presence of the awesome Roserade, I can't dislike this episode. It's also helped by the fact that it comes right after such an atrocity of an episode. But Roserade would later get better screentime under both Natane and Jun.

B-
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast