Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coordinator Challenge

Default Coordinator Challenge

Contestshipping!

Coordinator Challenge:
    While Ash and company are in Sinnoh, what's going on with May in Johto? Read to find out. Contestshipping in a few more chaps.!

~~~~~
    Chapter 1
    Rated G

“May, honey, will you come down here? You have a phone call!” called Caroline, May’s mother from downstairs. Caroline brushed her auburn zigzag pigtails off her shoulders and smoothed out her tan v-neck blouse.

“Who is it, Mom?” asked May as she ran down the stairs, tying a red bandana with a white Poké ball print on her head. Her brown hair that was parted into two sides bounced up and down as made her way into the living room.

“It’s Professor Oak,” answered Caroline, handing the phone to her. Once May grabbed the phone, Caroline made her way back into the kitchen to continue cooking dinner, her white heels clicking on the wood floor and her knee length reddish skirt swishing behind her as she walked.

Professor Oak? What does he want with me? “Hello, Professor Oak,” greeted May into the receiver, seeing Professor Oak’s face on the screen. He had not changed much, still having his ruffled gray hair and wrinkles on his face.

“Hello, May. It’s been a while, hasn’t it? One, two months?”

“About one, I think,” she answered. “Anyways, why’d you call?”

“Well, I heard from Ash that you were going to head to Johto and I need to ask you a favor.”

“A favor? What is it?”

“Professor Elm, an old student of mine in New Bark Town specializes in Pokémon evolution and breeding. I have some new research and I thought Professor Elm would like to see it before it gets published,” he explained.

“What does that have to do with me?” asked clueless May, pulling on her black and white gloves.

“Um, I thought you could deliver it for me. It’s very valuable information and I don’t think I could trust anyone else.”

“Oh, and since I was heading there, I could take it for you,” repeated May, processing the information in her head.

“Exactly. So, will you help me out?” asked the professor eagerly.

“Sure! Of course I will! But how will I pick it up?”

“How are you planning to get to Johto?”

“Well I was going to take a ship from here in Petalburg to Vermillion City. Then I was going to head to Saffron City and then ride the train to Goldenrod. That’s where the next contest is going to be,” she explained.

“I’ll send one of my colleagues to Vermillion with the research and from there you’ll take it to Professor Elm. I need to get it there as soon as possible. It may a breakthrough. When are you planning on leaving?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Good thing I caught you on time, then. It takes about two days to get to Vermillion from Petalburg so I’ll send my colleague in Vermillion in three days. Meet them by the Pokémon center, please. And how long is it until the contest in Goldenrod?”

“If I leave tomorrow, I have exactly one month.”

“Then you should be able to get to New Bark Town and back in less than a month.”

“No problem. You can count on me, Professor!” said May enthusiastically.

“Thank you, May. I knew I could count on you,” smiled the professor.

“Hee hee, yeah,” she responded bashfully. “Oh, before I forget, how’s my Bulbasaur?”

“It’s doing just fine,” said Professor Oak. “Speaking of which, I better get going know. It’s feeding time and I can’t leave Tracey doing all the work by himself.”

“Of course. Good-bye, Professor. And don’t worry. I won’t let you down!”

“I wouldn’t think that for a minute. Good luck in your contests. I hope you win your way to the top,” encouraged the professor.

“I will! Bye!” said May confidently.

“Good-bye, May.” The professor and May hung up their phones and May walked into the kitchen to find her father and little brother at the dining table.

“So, May, what did Professor Oak want?” asked Norman, her father and gym leader, curiously. He was a handsome man and a good father. Norman pulled his dark blue hair back and waited for May’s response.

“He wants me to take some research to Professor Elm in New Bark Town. It’s pretty valuable information, according to him, so he wants someone he trusts to take it,” exclaimed May happily, fixing the collar of her red blouse to keep her from jumping up and down excitedly.

“’Information’, what a big word,” said Max sarcastically. He was bitter he couldn’t go with May to Johto. Max had to stay home so he could prepare to become a trainer in a year.

“Max! Don’t say rude things to your sister. She’s not dumb,” scolded Caroline from the stove.

“I never said she was, Mom. You said it right now,” replied Max smartly.

“Max! Don’t get smart with your mother,” warned Norman.

“Sorry,” he apologized, pulling his long hair out of his face. Like father, like son, Max had his father’s hair color and eyes, with the exception that Max had glasses.

“Anyways, are you ready, dear?” asked Caroline as she walked towards the table with a pot of spaghetti in her hands. She was sad her only daughter was leaving again but she knew she couldn’t crush her daughter’s dreams. Caroline just hoped she wouldn’t be very lonely during her journey.

“Yup. I packed everything I thought I might need. Pokédex, Poké balls, Pokémon medicine, Pokémon food, food for me, extra clothes and stuff like that. I’m prepared for everything!”

“What Pokémon are you going to take?” asked Max curiously.

“Blaziken, Munchlax, Squirtle and Eevee,” answered May prepared.

“You don’t want to take Beautifly or Skitty?” asked Norman. May had left them in the Petalburg Gym before she left for the Battle Frontier.

“No. As much as I would like to, I think it’d be better if my other Pokémon participate in contests since Beautifly and Skitty have already participated in more contests than the ones I’m taking,” explained May. Her butterfly and pink kitten Pokémon had been some of her first Pokémon so it was only fair they stayed home so that the others could have a chance.

“Oh. Good idea,” replied Max, taking a bite of spaghetti. A bit off sauce ended up on his green polo shirt.

“I agree,” added Caroline. "Let's start eating so the food doesn't get cold."

At Caroline's request, the family ate in silence until they were done.

"Well we should go to bed. You’re gonna leave early tomorrow. My baby’s leaving me again,” said Caroline tearfully.

“Mom! I’m eleven now!” complained May. She really didn’t mind though. May knew it was hard for her mother for her to leave all the time.

“You’ll always be my baby!” exclaimed Caroline, planting a kiss on her forehead. “Good night, sweetie.” She kissed Max’s forehead as well. “Go to sleep, honey. We have to get up early tomorrow to drop May off.”

“Okay, Mom. Good night.”

“Good night.”

And with that, the family headed upstairs and into their respective bedrooms for the last time together in a while.

“And don’t forget to call every night so we can make sure you’re all right. You do have money, right?” ranted Caroline.

“Yes, Mom,” answered May zombie-like. She pulled up her black biker shorts and white skirt a bit and her red blouse down.

After Caroline finished her checklist of things to make sure May had, she planted a huge kiss on her cheek and gave her a big hug. “I’m gonna miss you so much, May,” said Caroline as she hugged her daughter, her voice cracking a bit.

“Mom, I’m gonna miss you too,” responded May, her eyes getting teary.

After Caroline let go of her, May hugged her tall father.

“Take care, May,” he said sadly. “Make your old man proud.”

“I will, Dad,” she agreed, getting on her toes and kissing his cheek. When May let go of Norman, she left his red striped shirt a bit wrinkled.

Then she walked up to Max, who was trying his best to stay strong.

“May, can you do me a favor?” asked Max softly.

“What is it?”

“Promise me that when you come back, we’ll travel together,” asked Max.

“Only if you promise me that you’ll be a good trainer and take care of my Pokémon,” responded May.

“It’s a deal,” he said, hugging her.

She hugged him back, trying to hold back her tears. Though she and Max bickered a lot, they had a strong bond that no one could break.

The warning horn was heard, advising all passengers to be aboard. May ruffled his blue hair one last time as she started walking onto the deck of the ship.

After a few minutes of mouthing words to her family, the captain announced it was time to leave. As the ship left the dock, she waved good-bye to her family, letting tears run down her cheeks.

The ship set sail and left the harbor. May’s family waved from the docks and May sadly waved back. “Bye! I’ll miss you! I love you!”

“We love you too!” called back Norman. He comforted Caroline as she wiped her eyes with a tissue.

“Come back soon!” shouted Max.

“I will!”

They continued to yell encouraging and comforting words until the ship was too far away.

May sighed and wiped her tears. She was going to be alone for a while so she might as well get used to it. May picked up her black backpack and slung it on her shoulders as she made her way down the long hallways to her cabin. Her cabin was as plain as a room in a Pokémon Center: A plain, white-sheet bed and a small, rectangular window to look out of.

It was about 5:30 a.m. so she decided she would take a nap so she could pass the time. She slipped off her red, white and yellow tennis shoes and put them by the side of her bed. May lay back on the bed tiredly and closed her eyes as she hadn’t gotten much sleep earlier that night. She had so many questions on her mind. Would she win any contests? Would she make any new friends? Would she meet any old friends? At that question, an image of a cocky green-haired boy popped into her head. She shook her head to get his picture out of her mind.

Why do I keep thinking about him? Sure, it was partially his idea to go to Johto for contests but why do I keep thinking about him? I came here for me. Not to see him! It’s probably nothing. I’m just tired.

May was so exhausted that that was the last thing she thought about before she fell asleep in her small private cabin.

~~~~~

So, what'd u think of my first fanfic? I accidently put it in "fanfiction" until ~*sailor satun*~ told me it should be here. plus, she gave me some good advice. thanks again! i'll have chapter 2 soon. I think drew's gonna make his first actual appearance in chapter 4. i have to build up the story first. thanks for reading!
    Last edited by ellie-chan; 4th April 2007 at 3:37 AM.
    Check out my new website for information on CC and future fics.

~*~Also on FF.net~*~My Claims/LiveJournal~*~
    ~*~My NeoEeveeEvolutionShipping (GaryxSakura)Oneshot~*~

Banners made by me.

i really like it, its ot good adjestives so i really saw what was happening i would like to read more of this really soon
    And baby, if I choke things down for a second
    Then maybe I can starve this tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend A_K View Post
    What are you, daft? Since when does Shuckle need an item?

It sounds really promising. I like it a lot, but-

In the title of the fic, I am pretty sure you need a shipping and a rating. If not one of the mods might come here and close it. Just to give you a head's up.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/246057s.jpg[/IMG]
    kyo sohma is my bishie (:

&*heres__ to the note |she| wrote
    well RAISE a finger
    obscene g e s t u r e s , so she said
    but i only said sweet things to get you in b e d;

touch me, tease me - a day away
    drew club + couples claimed ___.

CONTESTSHIPPING!!! XD I'm looking forward to more of this ship! HelloKitty17's right, this DOES look primising! But here's me, the CS lover. I love the description and emotion between her and her familly! Hope to see more of this!

yeah, it's going to be a contestshipping. i forgot to put that! oops! i have to build up the story first. he should make an appearance at the end of chap. 3 or beginning of chap. 4. i'm still writing it. and thanks for reading. here's chap. 2 (i'm just gonna name the chapters by number since i suck at coming up with names)

Chapter 2
    Rated G

Later that morning, May awoke around noon. She felt a little better and decided to stretch her legs before she ate her breakfast, which would actually be her lunch. May slipped on her tennis shoes and left her backpack in her room, only taking her fanny pack with her to the deck.

“Come out, everyone!” she commanded, throwing four Poké balls in the air.

First came out her Blaziken, her starter and strongest Pokémon. A fierce fighting fire chicken. It’s body was mostly red, except it’s hair which was white. “Blaze!”

Then a blue and white teddy bear like Pokémon came out. “Munchlax!” it said hungrily, looking up at May.

“Squirt!” cried the small turtle Pokémon. It was cute water Pokémon she had obtained from Professor Oak. Squirtle’s shell was an orange-red color, contrasting to the turtle’s blue skin.

“Vee!” said a brown, dog-like Pokémon. Eevee was May’s youngest Pokémon, and among one of the mischievous.

“Hey guys,” she said sadly as she sat down on the deck of the ship. “You hungry?”

The Pokémon nodded their heads in acknowledgement.

May smiled and fed the Pokémon their breakfast she had packed earlier in her fanny pack and watched them play. Surprisingly, May wasn’t hungry. She was still a little depressed at the thought of traveling alone. Sure, she had her Pokémon, but she wished she had some human company.

“Blaze!” said Blaziken worriedly, interrupting May’s thoughts.

“Oh, Blaziken, it’s you,” said the startled May. Blaziken sensed it’s trainer’s distress and decided to keep her company while the younger Pokémon played together. “You’re worried about me, right? Thanks.”

Blaziken sat down next to her and watched the waves splash onto the ship’s steel side.

“Passengers of the S. Lapras, lunch will start being served in thirty minutes and will be closed in two hours time. Repeat: Passengers of the S. Lapras, lunch will start being served in fifteen minutes and will be closed in two hours time,” said the Captain over the loudspeaker.

“S. Lapras?” That’s a funny name for a boat. But it fits it all the same. Wait, didn’t Soledad have a Lapras? Her appeal in the Grand Festival was gorgeous. I can see why she won the Ribbon Cup. I just hope I’ve gotten stronger. I want to beat her this time! And Drew too! Drew…I wonder if he’ll be at the Goldenrod Contest.

After a few minutes of silence, May told her Pokémon, “I’m gonna go get some breakfast, okay? You guys stay here. Blaziken, you’re in charge. Listen to Blaziken or you’ll get a talking to later!”

The young Pokémon nodded their heads in agreement and then resumed with their game.

“Make sure they don’t get into any mischief, Blaziken.”

“Blaze,” it reassured.

“Okay, I’ll be back as soon as I can!” she called. Only Blaziken acknowledged, as the young ones were too busy playing.

After a thirty minute “breakfast”, May walked back onto the deck to find her Pokémon just where she’d left them. She hadn’t been very hungry but decided it was best to eat so she wouldn’t pass out or anything.

Squirtle, Eevee and Munchlax seemed to be playing some form of tag while Blaziken watched from the corner of it’s eye.

“All right! I’m back!” called May, running towards them.

Blaziken breathed a sigh of relief and relaxed. May giggled at the thought of her oldest Pokémon Poké-sitting.

The young ones cheered and ran up to greet their owner, wondering if they bought anything for them.

“Sorry guys. They were pretty strict about leaving with food from the dining room,” she apologized. They were a bit disappointed but cheered up when May said, “Let’s train for our next contest! Which one of you should I use?”

“Vee!” volunteered Eevee, jumping onto May’s lap. Young as it may be, it loved being the center of attention.

“Eevee, you want to be in the contest?”

“Vee!”

“Okay! Since you haven’t been in a contest in a while, then I’ll use you. Sorry guys.”

The others shook their heads. It was only fair for Eevee to partipate.

“Thanks guys. You’re the best!”

They smiled happily and decided to find a new game to play as Eevee had some training to do.

“What should we do for our appeal, Eevee?” asked May, scratching the top of Eevee’s head thoughtfully.

“Vee?” it answered cluelessly.

After a few minutes of thought, she exclaimed, “I know! Dig and Shadowball!”

“Vee?” asked Eevee confused.

“You dig some holes and shoot Shadowballs from different holes!”

“Vee, vee!” said Eevee excitedly.

“We can’t practice Dig here, so let’s practice Shadowball!” she suggested, carrying Eevee to the farthest edge of the deck where they faced the sea. May put Eevee on the edge. “See those rocks over there?” asked May, pointing to the row of jagged rocks nearby. Eevee nodded. “Aim a Shadowball over there. Go!”

At May’s command, Eevee sent a Shadowball towards the rocks, but it missed and crashed into the water, spending droplets into the air.

Eevee looked down disappointed but May encouraged it by saying, “It’s okay, Eevee. We haven’t practiced in a while so it’s okay if you miss. Practice makes perfect so let’s get practicing.”

Eevee smiled and sent another Shadowball towards the rocks. This time, it didn’t miss and sent bits of rock flying.

“Good job, Eevee. See, that’s what happens when you believe in yourself!” she congratulated.

“Vee, Vee!” it cheered happily.

After a few hours of training and perfecting Shadowball, the sun was starting to set.

“Return, everyone!” she commanded as Eevee, Blaziken, Munchlax and Squirtle returned to their Poké balls. Better get some dinner. I’m arriving tomorrow afternoon so I have to sleep a little early.

May managed to sneak some food into her cabin by hiding it in her fanny pack. “Come out!” On her words, her traveling companions came out of their Poké balls and towards May eagerly.

May had bought enough noodles with her, enough for everyone. The Pokémon ate the food gratefully, tired of eating nothing but Poké block and Poké food for a while.

When the Pokémon finished, she let them play quietly while she read her guidebook. Max had bought it for her as a going away present. It was indeed a very handy book to have around. She understood why Brock always had one.

After an hour of interesting reading, May returned her Pokémon to their Poké balls for a good night sleep. May kicked off shoes and took off her red bandana, folding neatly by her nightstand. Then she slipped into a black spaghetti strap tank top, only keeping her biker shorts on and climbed into her bed.

She was excited that she was going to land soon that she could barely sleep. One more month until the Pokémon Contest! I’m so happy. I have to finish perfecting Eevee’s appeal so it could be ready. I think I might have to train Eevee a bit. It’s Shadowball seemed a bit weak and I haven’t trained with it in a while.

May closed her eyes sleepily and dozed off into a deep sleep.

May yawned as she woke up the next morning. It was 10 a.m. and in about three hours, she would arrive in Vermillion City. Gathering her clothes, she walked into the bathroom to take a quick shower so she could be ready for the adventures to come.

Luckily for May, her parents got her a room with a shower. May was grateful as she adjusted the water’s temperature to her liking. She took of her clothes and dumped in a pile as she climbed inside. May lathered up her brown hair until it was white and bubbly with her favorite shampoo and conditioner. She closed her eyes as the water ran down and rinsed her hair. Just a few more hours! I can’t wait to arrive! I’m so excited! But…it’s not like I’m gonna see anyone yet…May opened her blue eyes sadly as she continued with her shower. Ten more minutes passed and May was finished with her shower.

She dried her body and put on fresh underclothes. Then May dried her hair, which had repositioned itself in two sides as usual. Before she put on her usual attire, she rubbed a sweet scented lotion on her body. I’m glad Mom bought this for me. It smells so good…like…roses…Roses! May felt a chill run up her spine. It’s just a coincidence. She reassured herself as she put on her red blouse, adjusting the collar. Her blouse had a thick black lining underneath the collar, which was why she wore her black biker shorts with it. May slipped on her white skirt over the biker shorts and pulled up her black socks. She brushed her hair and tied her bandana on top of her head. Once she was satisfied with her look in the mirror, she walked back into her bedroom.

May tied on her tennis shoes she left by her bedside the previous night and snapped the yellow fanny pack around her waist. As she was headed out the door, she said aloud, “Oh, I almost forgot!” She ran back inside and picked up her black and white gloves. They were more a necessity than a fashion statement. She was used to having them on her hands, protecting her from cuts and such. “Better go call Mom.”

“May! I missed you so much! Are you all right?” asked Caroline over the phone. She was wearing her usually clothes, except she wore an apron over them.

“Mom, I just left yesterday,” reminded May.

“That doesn’t stop me from missing my favorite daughter!” responded Caroline, purple eyes twinkling in amusement.

“I’m your only daughter,” she replied flatly.

“And that’s why you’re my favorite! But, are you really okay? I mean, you’re going to be alone. Anytime you want to come home, I’ll come for you!”

“Thanks Mom, but I’m fine. I can handle it,” she said, half lying.

“Well, if you’re sure…” replied Caroline hesitantly.

“Yes Mom, I’m sure. Oh, Mom, I’m sorry but someone else has to use the phone. I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay, dear. Good luck and take care, May. I love you!”

“I love you too, Mom. Tell Dad and Max I said, 'Hi!'”

“I will. Bye, honey.”

“Bye, Mom,” she said as she hung up the phone. Her stomach grumbled hungrily. She laughed nervously as the next person in line looked at her curiously. Better get some something to eat before I arrive.

May walked out the dining hall, her belly full and satisfied. She figured she should eat a good meal before she resumed eating nothing but fast cooked for a while. May glanced at the clock over her head. 12:24…12:45! I’m going to reach shore in fifteen minutes! Forgetting she was full, May ran into her cabin and quickly packed her things, which wasn’t much anyways.

“Attention all passengers, we will be arriving at the Vermillion City hHarbor in ten minutes. Please gather your belongings and wait patiently in your cabins. We will release you section by section. Make sure you do not forget any belongings. S. Lapras will not be held responsible for any lost or missing items,” announced the Captain on his loudspeaker.

Section by section? I’m in Section B so I’ll be released second. That’s good so I can hurry and meet up with Professor Oak’s colleague. Then I can head to Saffron and finally Goldenrod!

May tried to sit as still as possible, hugging her knees patiently as she waited for the ship to arrive at the Vermillion City Harbor.

May jumped off the stairs of the ship happily. She spun around once, glad to do anything she pleased now that she was back on land.

“May!” yelled a familiar voice from the distance.

Is that...? May could barely make out the voice’s owner but as it came closer, she recognized it and gasped in surprise.

Banners made by me.

I love the flow of this story, it's so--casual. I also like how you are not rushing into it, letting everything play out, I have read multiple stories that lose my interest because everything happens so soon, so I congratulate you on that.

May slipped on her tennis shoes and left her backpack in her room, only taking her fanny pack with her to the deck.
    ^When I read that line, I thought May actually slipped and fell because of her shoes. Ha, just proves I am such a loser. =D

Anyways, good job by getting another chapter done again today. Like I said before, very promising.

Can't wait for next chapter, and if you have a PM list, add me please =)

well RAISE a finger

this was good as well, but i liked the 1st one better and i thinks its drew that she heard

OMG! I bet I know who that voice is! Drew!!! Drew, Drew, Drew, Drew, Drew, Drew, Drew, Drew, Drew!!! ...Or it might be Professor Oak himself delivering the package, either wayy it's all good! SO BRILL!!! Can't wait for the next chappie!

Oh, could you start up a PM list and put me on it?! Please?!

i usually hate cliffhangers so i guess i'm being a hypocrite. oh well! here's chapter 3!

Chapter 3
    Rated G

“Misty?” asked May in surprise as a redhead about four or five years older than her ran towards her, holding a Marill in her arms. She wore a yellow vest and shorts over a red shirt with matching yellow tennis shoes.

“Hey, May. It’s been a while, huh?” greeted Misty. Marill, the blue mouse in her arms, greeted May as well.

“Yeah, I know. But, what are you doing here?” asked May.

“Well, Tracey called the other day to check up on my Marill and before Daisy hogged the phone, he managed to tell me you were going to be in Vermillion City today,” she explained. “And since Cerulean City is pretty close, I thought I’d stop by for a visit. It must be lonely traveling by yourself for once, huh?”

“Yeah,” she responded. “I didn’t think I would be really lonely since I had my Pokémon with me, but it’s not the same to have someone to talk to.”

Misty nodded her knowingly. “I know what you mean. Before I met Ash, I was all alone. I ran away from home because I wasn’t getting along with my sisters. After he ‘borrowed’ my bike, I followed told him I wouldn’t leave him until he got me a new one. But that was just an excuse!”

“Really? Wow, I hope I can meet great friends on my journey too!” she said excitedly. “So, you met Ash when he stole your bike. Strange, I met him when his Pikachu fried my bike to a crisp.”

“No way! That happened to me too!” exclaimed Misty and she laughed. “Where are you headed now?”

“The Pokémon Center,” she answered.

“Oh yeah, to meet the guy for the research,” remembered Misty, fixing her side ponytail.

“Where are you going now?” asked May hopefully.

“I did come all this way to see you, so I’m going with you, of course,” she responded with a smile.

“Really? Thanks a lot!”

“You’re welcome. That’s what friends are for.”

“So, you’re heading to Saffron after this, right?” asked Misty as the two girls made their way to the Pokémon Center.

“Yeah, and from their I’m going to take the train to Goldenrod,” confirmed May.

“Sounds like fun. I heard it only takes about an hour to get there,” recalled Misty thoughtfully. “Do you know how to get to Saffron from here?”

“Don’t you take Route 06 or something?” asked May, trying to remember.

“Yeah, and once you enter Saffron, you have to go west and then all the north. The train station should be there, if I remember correctly. I’ll take you there if you want.”

“Oh, thanks,” said May gratefully as they entered the Pokémon Center and waited in the lobby.

“Excuse ladies, are one of you named ‘May’?” asked a man, in his late twenties. He was wearing a blue polo and khaki pants under a white lab coat. The man had black curly hair and a goatee to match. His glasses reflected the light inside the Pokémon Center.

“My name is May,” answered May, raising her hand meekly. “And this is my friend, Misty,” said May, introducing the redhead. “Are you Professor Oak’s colleague?”

“Yes, I’m Professor Durian. I assume you know why I am here,” introduced Professor Durian, adjusting his spectacles on his nose.

“Yes, he wanted me to take the files for Professor Elm,” answered May. “So…where are they?”

The professor chuckled lightly as May looked around. She expected to see a portfolio or folder full of papers.

“It’s right here,” said Professor Durian, taking out a CD case from his lab coat pocket.

“Oh,” said May dumbly, taking the case. She noticed that the cover was painted to look like the front view of a Poké ball. “That’s clever,” she murmured to herself as she put it in a special pocket of her yellow fanny pack. “Don’t worry, I’ll keep it safe.”

“I bet you will, since Professor Oak trusts you. Well, I have to go now. Cinnabar Island is waiting for me!” he said cheerfully.

“Cinnabar Island?” asked Misty curiously.

“Yes, I guess I forgot to mention what I specialize in. I study ancient Pokémon and Pokémon fossils. I received a phone call from a friend who told me new fossils have been found and they cannot identify what they are. This could be a great discovery,” he explained excitedly.

“Wow, that sounds interesting. Good luck,” said May, putting her hand in a thumbs-up sign.

“Thank you, May. I wish you luck on your journey as well. And good luck to you as well, Misty. I’m off,” finished Professor Durian. “Until next time.”

“Bye, Professor!” called the girls as he walked out of the center.

“So, what do you want to do now?” asked Misty.

“Um…” pondered May. “I’m going to ask Nurse Joy to give my Pokémon a check up, just to be safe. Oh, and I have to call my mom!”

“Yeah, I should call my sisters, too. Who knows what they might be doing right now without me,” replied Misty cockily. “Well, you go talk to Nurse Joy and I’ll call my sisters and then you can call your mom, okay?”

“Okay, see you in a few,” agreed May, walking towards the counter where the orange haired nurse was. Her nurse hat had a red plus sign and her orange bangs stuck out the front while her pigtailed loops sprung out from the top.

“Hello, how may I help you,” asked Nurse Joy warmly.

“I was wondering if you could give my Pokémon a quick check up,” replied May, handing her four Poké balls to her. “My name’s May, by the way.”

She smiled and took the Poké balls from May. “ I should be done in about fifteen. Please wait in the lobby and I’ll call you when your Pokémon are done,” she told her.

“Okay, thanks Nurse Joy,” said May gratefully.

“It’s no problem,” she smiled, going into the backroom to check on May’s Pokémon. Her light pink dress swished behind her, the bow to her white apron bouncing. May walked back towards the lobby, where Misty was talking to her dark-pink haired sister.

“Lily, where’s Violet? Shopping? She better not waste too much money. And Daisy? What! What happened to Dewgong? Oh no! It better be okay or it’s your heads! Yeah, you better go check on it! Tell Daisy and Violet I said ‘Hi’ and make sure Dewgong’s okay. Do you really need me there? Okay, I should be there by tomorrow. All right, bye,” sighed Misty as she hung up with her sister.
    “I’m done with Nurse Joy. She’ll be a few minutes. Are you done?” asked May. When she saw Misty’s exhausted face, she said, “I’ll take that as a yes. I’m going to call my mom, okay?”

“Okay, I’m gonna sit down,” suggested Misty, sitting down on a lounge chair.

May stifled a giggle as she dialed her home number.

“May! How are you? Did you catch any new Pokémon yet?” Max, May’s little brother, asked as soon as he saw her face on the screen.

“No, I didn’t yet. But I met up with Misty,” she answered.

“Really? I wonder how her Pokémon are,” he pondered aloud, recalling her strong water Pokémon.

“I haven’t seen them yet. Anyways, let me talk to Mom,” ordered May.

“Okay,” he said reluctantly. “MOM! IT’S MAY!”

“May?” May heard her mother asked and in less than a second, Caroline zipped in front of the screen. “May! How are you, dear?”

“I’m fine, Mom.”

“That’s good. Have you met any friends?”

“Yeah, today I met Misty when I got off the ship,” answered May.

“Misty? Isn’t she the redhead Ash is going out with?” asked Caroline.

Misty heard this and exclaimed with a red face, “What? I’m not his girlfriend!”

Caroline giggled and introduced herself. “So, it is you. I’m Caroline, May’s mother.”

“I-I’m Misty,” she stammered, still blushing.

“Anyways, dear, have you finished your business in Vermillion?”

“Yeah. Professor Durian gave me the research so I’m going to head for Saffron in a few minutes.”

“Then I guess you better get going,” concluded Caroline sadly. “Be careful.”

“I will, Mom. Hey, where’s Dad?”

“A kid came to challenge him. Poor child doesn’t stand a chance. I’m going to cook him a nice home-cooked meal anyways.”

May smiled. Her mother was such a good person. “That’s good. Tell Dad and Max I send them lots of love!”

“I will, dear. Call me when you arrive in Goldenrod. Take care now!”

“I’ll call you. Bye, Mom.” May hung up the phone and picked up her backpack that she had dropped on the floor while using the phone.

“Well, we better get going if we want to get to our destinations by tomorrow.”

“May! You’re Pokémon are perfectly healthy now,” called Nurse Joy from the counter. A round pink Pokémon with an egg in a pouch carried a tray with four red and white balls on top.

“Chansey, Chansey!” it said, holding up the tray to May.

May took her Poké balls and put them inside her fanny pack. “Thanks Chansey, Nurse Joy.”

Nurse Joy smiled and waved as May and Misty walked out of the Pokémon Center.

“It’s this way,” said Misty, pointing to north.

“All right, then let’s go,” cried May enthusiastically, holding a confident fist in the air.

After an hour hike through Route 06 and Memory Lane, the girls finally made it to Saffron City.

“Wow, it’s bigger than I remember,” said May amazed.

“Yup, that’s Saffron. We better find the train station so you can get to Goldenrod by tonight,” suggested Misty.

“Yeah, you’re right. Plus, I have to train my Eevee.”

“That’s right, you have an Eevee. Have you decided what Pokémon you want it to evolve into?” asked Misty as she and May walked down the busy streets of Saffron to the train station.

“Anything is good for me, as long as it’s healthy and strong,” said May. “What would you evolve an Eevee into if you had one?” Then May realized that was a stupid question but didn’t care.

“A Vaporeon!” exclaimed Misty, holding a hand to her cheek, her other hand supporting Marill.

“Hee, I should have expected that,” answered May, sweat-dropping.

“Yeah, well what do you expect from a water Pokémon lover?” asked Misty. “Hey, we’re here.”

“Oh,” said May, sad to end their conversation and sad Misty had to leave her. “I guess this is good-bye.”

“May, May, May,” chided Misty, wagging her index finger back and forth. “Don’t you know that good friends like us can never say good-bye. It’s see ya later!”

May thought about it and realized Misty was right. “Right! See ya later, then!”

“Of course! Now you’re getting it. Later, May. Knock ‘em dead in those contests!” cheered Misty as she gave May a hug.

“I will! Show the world who the best water trainer is!” encouraged May, letting go from the hug.

“I thought I was already doing that,” joked Misty. “Go catch your train, May!”

“Okay. Goo-, I mean, see ya later!” May corrected herself as Misty was walking away.

“See ya later, May!” called back Misty, walking north towards Cerulean City.

May made her way inside the train station and purchased her train ticket. She had luckily made it in time as the train she was riding was leaving in five minutes and was the last train to Goldenrod that day. May sat on her cushioned train seat. She felt the train start to move and with that, the view out of the window. For one hour, May watched in awe the different landscapes she passed from Kanto to Johto.

“Passengers, we will be arriving in the Goldenrod train station in five minutes,” announced the conductor.

Yes! Five minutes until I’m in Goldenrod. It seems like I’ve been waiting for this moment forever.

Like the conductor said, in five minutes, they arrived in Goldenrod City. Luckily for May, her seat was right by the door and was one of the few who got out first. She ran out of the station, despite the scolding the adults yelled at her.

When she reached the outside, she took in a big whiff of air, smelling the city life of Goldenrod. After a two-day adventure, she had finally arrived.

Where should I go first? I can register when I come back. I think I’m going to go to New Bark Town first. May pulled out her guidebook, which contained a full map of the Johto region. First, I have to go through Route 34 and through the Ilex Forest. From there, I head to Azalea Town, then Violet City, Cherrygrove City and finally New Bark Town! Better head to Route 34 before the sunsets!

May ran non-stop south to Route 34. She stopped when she felt like she was going to collapse. May panted hard, being tired from running. She had never run that fast. Maybe she needed to walk for a while.

As she started to walk towards through Route 34, a voice called to her, “Hey you!”

May turned around and saw a boy around fifteen with long red hair standing a few feet away from her. “Yes?”

“Are you a trainer?”

“Yeah, what’s it to you?” May didn’t like the presence she felt from that guy.

“Let’s battle, then.”

May was about to refuse but remembered that Eevee needed training. “Okay, I except your challenge. One-on-one?”

“Fine by me,” said the redhead confidently.

“Okay, Go Eevee!” called May as she threw Eevee’s Poké ball in the air. The brown dog-like creature landed gracefully and prepared for battle.

“Go Rhydon!” shouted the trainer, releasing a rhino-like Pokémon.

“A Rhydon! Eevee better be careful,” May said to herself. “Eevee, use Dig,” she called Eevee, remembering they had to work on it and that rock Pokémon like Rhydon were weak against ground attacks.

Eevee quickly dug a hole and began to tunnel it’s way to the big Rhydon.

The redhead smirked as he called out to Rhydon, “Use Earthquake!”

May gasped. “Eevee, get out of there!” she ordered but it was too late. A powerful earthquake shook the ground and May felt it.

“Vee!” May heard it cry in despair.

“Eevee!” May cried, running to where there was a crack on the ground, tears running down her face.

“Rhydon, return,” said the boy, returning his Pokémon to his Poké ball. He walked towards the Ilex Forest, but not before saying, “If you’re lucky, it’s not dead.”

“Eevee! Answer me!” pleaded May, digging around. After a few minutes, May finally found Eevee. One could tell that it was badly injured. It’s fur was rough and dirty, cuts here and there. “Eevee!” she cried, holding it to her chest. Eevee was luckily still alive.

May ran as fast as she could back towards Goldenrod City, where the sun was beginning to set. She entered the city and tried to remember her way to the Pokémon Center, tears still running down her face. May turned a sharp corner and bumped into someone, resulting her in falling down, not letting go of Eevee for a minute.

“I’m sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was-” May started apologizing until she saw who she had bumped into. “going…”

sorry to leave you with another cliffhanger (u: ur so evil, me: heeheehee!) who could it be this time? and professor durian, he's just some random professor. i decided to follow the tree name tradition! and misty! yeah, i decided to include her since may's going to be in johto alot. and the redhead dude? you ever play pkmn gold/silver/crystal? he's the rival. decided to make a little allusion there. well i'll pm y'all when i'm done w/ chapter 4. i'm working on it guess who the voice is?
    Last edited by ellie-chan; 5th April 2007 at 5:01 AM.

Banners made by me.

“Go Rhydon!” shouted the trainer, releasing a rhino-like Pokémon.

“A Rhyhorn! Eevee better be careful,” May said to herself. “Eevee, use Dig,” she called Eevee, remembering they had to work on it and that rock Pokémon like Rhyhorn were weak against ground attacks.
    Rhydon, or Rhyhorn?

=3 Great chapter.

I really enjoyed the whole relationship with Misty, since in the show it never really was. It's good for May to be friends with a girl.

Going on, god who was the jerk who tried to kill Eevee? If he is going to be making another appearance, he better watch out ;]

I still like how you are not rushing into it. 3 chapters still no Drew. I can't wait for his entrance though. I am excited.

Good chapter! Update again soon. =)

--HelloKitty17

well RAISE a finger

i should post chapter 4 by tomorrow. i have a field trip and then the next day is good friday. that's practically a four day weekend for me so i get to write lots and lots. and thanks sammi for catching that mistake. at first i wrote rhyhorn but i remembered it was rhydon i wanted. i'll fix it asap. and hellokitty17, i'm not sure if "the jerk" is going to make another appearance. i'm still tweaking with the story (i don't even know how it's going to end!) but don't worry, drew's making his appearance next chapter! about the whole relationship with misty thing, yeah, the anime never really showed them being close, except a little in the tenth anniversary special "the mastermind of mirage pokemon" where may catches misty when she falls. well i'll update soon. lotsa love ?ellie-chan!
    Last edited by ellie-chan; 5th April 2007 at 5:05 AM.

Banners made by me.

this is the est by far!!

love this part

“Misty? Isn’t she the redhead Ash is going out with?” asked Caroline.

Misty heard this and exclaimed with a red face, “What? I’m not his girlfriend!”

glad to see you enjoyed that part, pojo. i'm a romantic comedy person so it isn't all romance. anyways, on to chap. 4

Chapter 4
    Rated PG

“Well, if it isn’t May,” said Drew, flicking his green hair. “You should really watch where you’re going.” He was about to make another smart comment but then he saw her eyes were red and puffy and tears were running down her face. She’s crying? His green eyes filled with concern as he saw what she was holding onto. Her Eevee had been in a hell of a battle, he could tell. “May, what happened?” he asked worriedly, kneeling down to help her up.

May sat there for a moment, her tear streaked face surprised she had bumped into Drew in her condition. Then she couldn’t hold it in anymore and she hugged him with one arm, still holding on to Eevee in the other, and cried. Drew was a little taken back and patted her back awkwardly.

“Drew…it’s…all…my fault!” she managed to spit out, still crying into his shoulder.

Drew didn’t know exactly what happened but he knew her well enough to know she would never allow that to happen to her Pokémon. “No it’s not,” he comforted. “C’mon, get up. We have to get to the Pokémon Center.”

May nodded as Drew helped her up. He grabbed her hand and directed May towards the Pokémon Center. If May hadn’t been in the situation she was in, she would’ve blushed but there was no time for that. Once they reached the center, she let go of his hand.

“Nurse Joy! Please help my Eevee!” pleaded May when she ran inside.

“Oh dear!” gasped Nurse Joy, taking Eevee from May. She noticed May was crying and reassured her by saying, “Don’t worry. It’ll be all right.”

May nodded and walked into the lobby where she had left Drew. He was sitting down on a cushioned chair; trying not to draw attention to himself from fear his fans might recognize him. As May walked closer, he noticed she had stopped crying but was still depressed and quiet. She sat next to him, not saying a word, only leaning her head on his shoulder. He was taller than she remembered. Drew smiled a bit and rested his head lightly on her head.

After a few minutes of silence, May moved used her peripheral vision to notice that Drew’s purple short sleeve jacket had a wet stain on his shoulder. That must be where I cried…May spoke up at last, “I’m sorry.”

Though her voice was like a whisper, he was startled a bit as it had been silent for the past few minutes. “For what?” he asked softly.

Moving only her arm, she pointed to his shoulder. “That.”

“It’s okay, it’ll dry,” he reassured, not moving his head from hers.

“I’m still sorry.”

Drew was a little worried. May wasn’t always quiet like that. And since when did May apologize to him for a small reason.

Nurse Joy walked up to May and Drew slowly. As soon as May saw her, she sat up straight, removing her head from Drew’s shoulder. As a result, Drew hit the back of his head on his wall but no one noticed.

“How’s my Eevee?” asked May worriedly.

Nurse Joy smiled and said, “Eevee’s going to be just fine. It just needs a good night’s sleep. I’d like to keep it here overnight, just to be safe.”

May nodded and asked, “Do you have any empty rooms left?”

“Just one. But it’s only has one bed,” she said, looking at Drew.

“It’s okay, I can sleep on the floor,” replied Drew, shrugging.

May turned to him, “You don’t have to stay with me. I’m fine now.” She put a fake smile on her face.

“It’s okay, it really is,” he told her, seeing right through her false smile.

“Thank you,” she said, looking down shyly.

Nurse Joy smiled and showed them to the room. When May saw the room, she noticed it was pretty similar to the one on the S. Lapras. One bed, one nightstand, and one window. Nurse Joy left May and Drew alone and went to go check on Eevee.

“Like I said earlier, you don’t have to stay with me,” she spoke up again. As much as she didn’t want to be alone, she didn’t want it to be because of pity. May smiled falsely again, trying to convince him.

“May, you can fool most people, but I’m not most people,” he told her sternly, looking her in the eye. May looked down in shame. She found it strange that he knew her better than she knew herself. “And I’m hurt you don’t want me here,” he said in a ridiculous falsetto voice, holding his hand to his chest, trying to make her laugh.

At first, she tried to hold it in, but after a few seconds, she burst out laughing, bringing back the color on her face, the sparkle in her eyes and everything else that made May May. “Thank you, Drew,” she said at last. “I don’t know what I would have done without you.”

Instead of smirking, he blushed a bit and said bashfully, “It was nothing.”

“No it wasn’t and you know it,” she said softly.

Before he could deny it again, she gave him a small kiss on his cheek. May pulled away quickly and retreated into her bed covers, leaving Drew with a really red face. He was used to fans pulling crazy stunts, but May wasn’t a fan, she was a rival. Or was she something more…

The next morning, May awoke to a familiar scent. She looked by her nightstand and saw a red, freshly cut rose along with a note. She read out loud:

“Good morning, sleepyhead,

Anyways, hurry up and dressed and meet me outside the Pokémon Center at 11:30 or else. And by the way, your Eevee’s feeling better. I picked it up for you so if you ever want to see it, you better come.

Yours truly,
    Drew

P.S.
    I know this is going to be hard for you, but don’t eat.”

May scoffed at the last line but then smiled again. She was feeling a lot better thanks to Drew. Then May glanced at the clock, remembering to meet him at 11:30 and then gasped. “It’s 11:20! Drew’s going to be so mad at me if I stand him up!”

With that thought on her mind, she quickly changed out of her “pajamas” and into her usual clothes. Sometime after Drew was sleeping soundly, she had changed into her sleeping wear, being careful she wouldn’t wake him. Then May brushed her hair, tied on her red bandana and fasted her shoes. By the time she ran out of the room, it was 11:30 on the dot. After she muttered a quick hello and thanks to Nurse Joy, she ran out of the center.

When she reached the outside she, she put her hands on her knees and panted. May wasn’t used to changing so quickly. May’s thoughts were interrupted by a hand on her shoulder. She gasped and jumped around to see who if was. She saw a green haired boy chuckling, wearing a short sleeve purple jacket, teal pants and a black long sleeve shirt and shoes.

“Drew!” she scolded, blushing he caught her off guard…again! “So, what do you want?” she asked, regaining composure. Unfortunately for her, her stomach grumbled hungrily, causing Drew to laugh again.

“More like what do you want!” he joked. May looked at him a little puzzled, surprised to see him laughing like an innocent child. Then she remembered his comment and scowled.

“What? You told me not to eat. Speaking of which, hand over my Eevee!” she commanded, holding out her hand.

Instead of handing over her Poké ball, he put his hand on hers and she blushed. She gave him a “what the hell do you think you’re doing” look.

“I’ll hand over Eevee, after brunch,” he said, still holding her hand.

“Brunch?” she repeated, confused. Oh…no wonder he told me not to eat. “Okay,” she said, trying to make it sound like she dreaded the thought, though not doing a good job of it.

Drew, however, noticed and took her away to a small restaurant near by.

As they walked, Drew’s fangirls shot May hate looks and she sweat-dropped. They must have thought she snagged him since he was still holding her hand. She blushed a bit, remembering her little kiss to him the previous night. May didn’t know why she did it; it just came over her. She always acted on impulse.

Why is he holding my hand? Why am I holding his hand? Why am I blushing? Why is he taking me? I’m already better. Thanks to him…Do I…

May shook her head, trying to get that thought out of her head. Drew shot her a confused look and she laughed weakly and explained, “I thought there was something in my hair.”

He raised his eyebrow and shrugged. “We’re here.” Drew let go of her hand, leaving her slightly disappointed.

“Oh, wow!” exclaimed May, looking at the restaurant. It was a cute restaurant, the patio filled with tables under umbrellas, surrounded by a small flower garden. Inside was similar, with the exception of the umbrellas. The flowers were kept in vases and pots instead of a garden. “It’s so cute.”

Drew silently agreed and pulled out a chair for her. “Are you going to sit or not?”

“Geez, aren’t you a gentleman,” complimented May sarcastically as she sat down and he pushed her chair closer to the table.

“Of course,” he retorted. “What do you take me for?”

“An arrogant, self-centered jerk,” she muttered, making sure he heard it.

“I heard that,” he said.

“And what are you going to do about it?” she asked, sticking out her tongue at him.

Drew sighed in defeat as the waitress came to take their order. After the waitress left, Drew tried to start a conversation. “So…”

“So…” she repeated, not knowing what to say.

“What you’ve been up to?”

“Nothing much.”

“What happened to Eevee?” he blurted out and mentally hit himself in the head for being so sudden.

May looked down, feeling guilty.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to ask so suddenly. Curiosity kills the cat, huh?”

“No, it’s okay,” she answered, looking back up at him. Drew saw that her blue eyes were a little teary. “Well, before I left for Vermillion, I received a call from Professor Oak. He asked me take some important research to Professor Elm in New Bark Town. When I arrived, I met up with the guy that was taking care of the research and took it from him. Then I went to Saffron and then I arrived here, taking the train. I was going down Route 34 so I could go to Azalea Town, Violet, Cherrygrove and then New Bark Town. Then this trainer asked me if I wanted to battle. I thought Eevee needed a bit of training so I chose it. He let out his Rhydon. I thought that since it was a rock Pokémon, I could defeat it with Dig, but it used Earthquake.”

“Oh,” he said understandingly.

She nodded and didn’t say a word until the waitress came back with their food. May had lost her appetite as she thought about yesterday’s happenings so she just picked at her food.

“Excuse me, Drew?” asked the waitress nervously. The girl had brown hair with blonde highlights tied up in a ponytail. She wore her black and white waitress uniform, her brown eyes looking eagerly at Drew.

“I hate to interrupt you during your outing with your girlfriend,” she started but was interrupted by an embarrassed cough by May. “but may I have your autograph?”

Drew gladly gave her an autograph since she asked nicely, unlike other girls who just shoved a paper and pen in his face.

She smiled happily and thanked him as she went back to work.

“That was nice of you,” said May suddenly.

“Seems like a nice girl. Glad she’s not a psycho stalker unlike my other fans.”

May giggled and started to eat her food in silence as did he.

“May?” he asked once he was finished.

“Yeah?” she asked back, not done with her brunch.

“You said you were going to go through Route 34 to go to New Bark Town, right?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“You do know you can take another route to make it to New Bark Town, right?”

May looked up in surprise. “There is? Where?”

“Well,” he started taking out a map of Johto, “First, you go to the National Park, north of Goldenrod, then east to Violet City, Route 30 to Cherrygrove and I think you know the rest from there.”

“Wow, that does seem shorter,” she said. “Um, Drew?”

“Sure, I’ll go with you. I have nothing better to do.”

“How did you know I was going to ask you?”

“Because you’re easy to predict. And besides, knowing you, you’d probably get lost,” he taunted. Drew expected May to have a comeback but instead he noticed tears were falling on her lap. “What are you crying for?” he asked, surprised.

May looked up at him and smiled. She said, “Because you have no idea how happy I am to finally have found a friend.”

aww! that was so cute. finally drew!!!! i decided to make it really shippy, just for you!!! what will happen next? not even i know (i have to plan it out!) i should update by tomorrow. lotsa love, ellie-chan!

Banners made by me.

=D! Amazing chapter. You really follow through with getting your chapters out in time.

Anyways, the entrance of Drew! I was suprised at how much courage he had. Like holding May's hand and all. Then again, that kinda is like Drew, thinking highly of himself.

I was also caught off guard with cheek kiss! I was glad you put it in though. It wasn't too much, it was cute.

By the way, the ending was amazingly sweet. I loved how May said she finally had a friend. That was so cute.

Great chapter. Like always. Update again soon, I know you will.

--HelloKitty17

well RAISE a finger

Lightbulb Interesting...

I like it. If this is your first story then your amazing. Very nice description,and good plot,plus very few grammer mistakes, and very freuquent,though a tad bit short, chapters. The only thing I see is that the shipping seems a bit rushed. Overall very nice, I look forward to reading more!

Sincerely,
    Absol Master
    Last edited by Absol Master; 6th April 2007 at 6:36 PM.
    -I am a proud Christian and member of Christian Alliance-

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints-Ephesians 6:18

Got a prayer request? Just PM me!

man this is the best one yet!!! and she kissed him! lol i thought that wounld happen much later, and man your good

I'm back with a new chapter! Whoo-hoo! Anywayz, this chapter has more to do with the significance of their relationship (in other words, a lot of dialogue). But it's all good! This one is funnier (in my opinion {I have a wierd sense of humor! }). Yeah, well enjoy! And Absol Master, this isn't my first story, just my first fanfic. Check out my site for my first story, which is still in progress!

Chapter 5
    Rated G

“Because you have no idea how happy I am to finally have found a friend.” Are we friends? Drew pondered the meaning of May’s words after they left the restaurant. May had offered to pay but Drew refused. After they left, they walked back to the Pokémon Center to gather May’s belongings and start their journey towards New Bark Town. Actually, Drew walked while May was practically skipping there. She must’ve been really lonely to be this happy.

“Drew!” yelled May for the thousandth time.

“What? Did you say something?” asked Drew, snapping out of his thoughts.

“I’ve been trying to get your attention for the past few minutes. Were you in La La Land or something?” asked May sarcastically.

“No, I prefer not to go places you would go to,” he retorted.

May stuck her tongue out at him and said, “I was trying to ask you if you had any ribbons yet?”

“Ribbons? Oh yeah, I have two,” he answered proudly.

“Two?” asked May, surprised. “I guess I have a lot of catching up to do.”

“Could be worse,” said Drew optimistically.

“I suppose you’re right,” she agreed.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” he asked cockily.

“Ugh, you’re so full of yourself,” she complained as they arrived at the entrance of the Pokémon Center. “Wait here. I’m gonna go get my stuff, okay?”

“No one’s stopping you.”

May glared at him and walked inside. She walked to her room and grabbed her things, throwing most of them inside her black backpack. Checking one last time that she wasn’t missing anything, she locked the room and went to look for Nurse Joy.

“Nurse Joy,” called May when she found her.

“Hello May. Are you leaving already?” she asked, noticing May had all her things with her.

“Yeah. I have to go to New Bark Town,” explained May.

“That’s nice. Good luck! Oh, did you get your Eevee back? That green haired boy picked it up for you.”

“He didn’t give it to me yet,” said May, surprised. She had been so excited about her newest traveling companion she had forgotten to get Eevee. When May saw Nurse Joy was worried, she added, “Don’t worry. He’s my friend. Drew probably forgot to give it to me.”

“That’s good. Well I don’t want to hold you up any longer,” concluded Nurse Joy, taking the key from May.

“Thanks. I’ll be back in time for the contest,” assured May.

“I look forward to seeing you again,” said Nurse Joy, smiling warmly.

“Okay, bye!”

“Bye, and be careful.”

“I will,” said May as she walked towards the lobby. She had forgotten about Eevee. “I’m such a bad trainer,” sighed May.

“Why,” asked Drew from behind?

“Drew! What are you doing here,” asked May, putting her hand to her heart in surprise. It was beating really hard. But was it because she was startled or because he was with her?

“You were taking to long,” he explained. “So, why are you a bad trainer?”

“Because I completely forgot about Eevee!”

Drew chuckled and said, “It’s about time you noticed.” He gave her Eevee’s Poké ball, who happily took it.

As their fingers brushed in the exchange, she blushed a bit, but made for it when she called out Eevee.

The brown Pokémon happily came out, jumping around as if it had ever been hurt.

“Eevee!” exclaimed May happily as Eevee jumped into her arms. She hugged it and said, “I’m sorry, Eevee.”

Eevee rubbed it’s head to her chest, telling her it was all right. May let the Pokémon run around a bit. It stopped on the phones, calling for May.

“Oh no! I forgot to call home!” cried May in horror. “Excuse me a sec, Drew.”

She ran towards the phone and dialed her home number while Drew took a seat in the lobby.

“May! Why didn’t you call,” scolded Caroline over the phone. “I was worried something happened!”

“Something did happen, Mom. Eevee got hurt really bad,” said May sadly.

“Oh, no. Is it okay?” asked Caroline worriedly.

“It’s okay now, Mom,” assured May as she picked up Eevee and put it by the screen. “See!”

“That’s good,” said Caroline after seeing Eevee was healthy. “So, you’re in Goldenrod City now, right?”

“Yup!”

“Have you met any friends?” asked Caroline. She didn’t want May to be alone throughout her entire journey through Johto.

“Yeah, I did. In fact, he helped me when Eevee was hurt,” said May.

“He?” asked Caroline slyly.

“Mom! It’s not like that!” exclaimed May blushing. “It’s just Drew!”

“Drew? That sounds familiar. Isn’t he the boy with the green hair?”

“Yeah,” answered May. “He’s even going with me to New Bark Town.”

“Aw, May has a boyfriend!” said Caroline excitedly causing May to blush even more.

“Mom, relax. It’s just May’s rival.”

“Max?” asked May, recognizing her brother’s voice.

“That’s my name, don’t wear it out,” he joked, answering May’s question. “So, I overheard you said Eevee got hurt. That’s too bad. You should be careful. It’s tough out there in Johto.”

“Gee, I hadn’t noticed,” said May sarcastically. “But thanks anyway.”

“May, hurry up, will you? The sun’s going to set soon and if you want to make it back in time for the contest, we should leave now,” called Drew, walking towards May.

“Ah, yes. Just how I remembered him,” said Caroline, who got back on the phone. “Hi. We never officially met. I’m Caroline.”

“Um, hi,” he said uncertainly. “I’m Drew.”

“I know. I saw you during the Grand Festival.” Caroline whispered to May, “Cute. And he’s so polite, good catch, May.”

Unfortunately, it wasn’t exactly discreet and everyone heard it. May smacked her forehead in embarrassment.

“Well, um, I have to go now, Mom. Bye. Tell Dad I said ‘Hi.’ And I’ll talk to you later, Max. Bye!” May managed to say.

“Bye, sweetie. And Drew?”

“Yes?” he asked nervously, not knowing what other embarrassing comment she would make.

“Take care of my daughter!”

“Um, okay?”

“Bye!”

“Bye,” said May and Drew at the same time. They heard Caroline saw “aw” as she hung up the phone.

“Your mom is um…outgoing,” commented Drew.

“Tell me something I don’t know,” she said dryly. “Don’t you want to call your parents?”

“No,” he answered quickly. “I mean, no. They’re um, busy.”

“Okay,” said May, not pushing the subject any further. “So, you were yelling at me that we better get going?”

“Yeah, let’s go.” Drew started walking, not waiting for May.

“Hey, wait for me!” called May, running after him.

“I wish we had time to shop,” complained May as she and Drew walked north towards the National Park.

“There’s going to be time after we get back,” said Drew.

“Okay,” she sighed, as they continued to walk through Route 35.

After fifteen minutes, May broke the silence by asking, “Have you caught any new Pokémon?”

“Nope,” he said bluntly.

“Oh,” replied May, disappointed.

“I mean, I haven’t seen any that have caught my interest,” he elaborated, noticing her disappointment. “You still have the same ones, right?”

“Yeah. I bought Eevee, Blaziken, Munchlax and Squirtle with me!” she said, glad they were getting into the conversation.

“Only four?” he asked.

“Why not? Didn't you say you had four?” she retorted.

“You remembered? I’m flattered,” said Drew, smiling crookedly.

“You’re so conceited!” she exclaimed while Drew laughed.

“I don’t think we’re going to make it to the National Park in time,” commented Drew, noticing the sun setting off the horizon.

“Yeah,” agreed May. “We should set up camp.”

Drew scoffed in disgust, being used to the luxury of hotels, and nodded his head in agreement. They soon found the perfect spot on a field of soft grass with a small creek nearby.

He pulled out a package from his knapsack and pulled out poles and fabric. Drew used them to make a small tent and put his green sleeping bag inside the tent.

“You’re lucky! You get a tent,” complained May, who only had her red sleeping bag.

“Why didn’t you bring one,” he asked, gathering firewood that was around the site.

“Because it was too much luggage for me,” she replied truthfully, removing grass so they could make a fire without burning anything down.

“Sucks for you,” Drew commented.

“Great friend you are,” she retorted.

Drew stopped looking for firewood to look at her. A “friend” she said he was. He asked, “May, you keep saying we’re friends. What exactly are friends to you?”

May was a little taken back by his question. She had always assumed they were friends, even though their meeting wasn’t exactly a good beginning. May believed that even rivals could be friends. She responded, “Well, to me, friends are people you can count on. People who believe in you, people who are there for you, someone you care about and they care about you…” Then May asked hesitantly, “We are friends, right?”

Drew pondered about her definition of friends. “Some you care about and they care about you.” So, she does care about me. But do I care about her?
    What will Drew say? Are they friends or rivals? And don't you just love Caroline? Jajaja, anyways, I'll update ASAP, don't worry!

Lotsa love,
    Ellie-chan!

P.S.- Coordinator Challenge is on fanfiction.net
    Last edited by ellie-chan; 8th April 2007 at 2:55 AM.

Banners made by me.

Lovely chapter =)

Of course, I loved the phone call part. May's mother is great. Plus, May is so easy to embarass.

Interesting, will Drew end up letting May sleep in his tent? hmm.

& The friends thing. I hope Drew say's they are friends. He asked himself if he cares about her, but it's obvious he does, unless he wouldn't be helping her =)

Thanks for updating so quickly. You are still keeping a nice pace too.

Good job.

well RAISE a finger

Good job! I started reading today, and I LOVED it, it was really good, did Drew evolve Roselia into Roserade? I think i'd like to see him with one of those. There were very minute grammar mistakes, but other than that, it's been a very good fic so far.
    Stuff.

Thanks to everyone for their comments/reviews! It's time for Chapter 6!
    Chapter 6
    Rated PG

“I guess,” Drew responded to May’s question.

Though it was more of a yes/no question, May was delighted nonetheless by the fact he accepted their friendship.

“Ya know, I’m really glad I ran into you back there,” said May.

“You are?” asked Drew curiously, wondering where she was getting at.

“Yeah, ‘cause I wouldn’t have found you,” she answered. “I’ve never been on my own for so long, even though it was for just a couple of days. And although Misty was with me for a couple of hours, a part of me was still alone…until I met you.”

May blushed a bit, realizing the seriousness of her answer. Drew blushed as well. “Um, but don’t take it the wrong way!” exclaimed May quickly.

“Pshh, of course not,” lied Drew.

They stayed there in silence as the sun was beginning to sink lower and moon rose higher. “I’m going to get more wood, just in case,” said Drew, interrupting the awkward silence.

May nodded and asked, “Hey, do you have any food?”

“Um, yeah. I think there’s some in my backpack,” he replied, putting a stack of twigs and branches by the fire.

May rummaged through his backpack. She found a few bags of chips and bottles of water. But that wasn’t the only thing she found.

“Hey Drew! Have you been holding out on me?”

“What are you talking about?” he questioned, looking back at May.

“This,” answered May, holding up a package. It was a portable shower kit.

“Oh, what about it?” asked Drew, even though he already knew the answer.

“Are you dumb or blind or something?” taunted May. “I want you to set it up for me!”

“Why can’t you?” he complained.

“’Cause I said so! Please!” she pleaded, putting on a puppy-dog-face.

“Fine,” sighed Drew in defeat. He set it up quickly, knowing what he was doing.

“That was fast,” commented May when Drew was done. It was like a tent, only taller and thinner to fit someone inside. There was a small showerhead connected to a source of water.

“Yeah, well I’m prepared for anything,” he replied proudly. “Funny how you can be hungry one minute and want to take a shower the next.

May ignored him and said loudly, “Leave!”

“What?” asked Drew, confused.

“Are you some kind of pervert or something? Spying on girls while they take baths!” accused May.

“What? I’m only a few months older than you!” retorted Drew, a little red.

“Ha! You’re not denying it!” said May in success.

“What the-! You’re twisting what I’m saying! Ugh, I’m gonna get more wood. Holler if you need anything!” he said, annoyed as he walked off and left her alone.

“Bye-bye!” she teased. Making sure he was gone, she went inside and removed her clothes, putting them in a small pile where they wouldn’t get wet.

The warm water washed away day’s worth of dirt, leaving her fresh and clean. As she was about to shampoo her hair, she heard a rustle in the bushes.

“Drew?” she called hesitantly. “If this is your idea of a joke, it isn’t funny.” May didn’t get a response, only more rustling. “Drew?” she tried again. Again nothing. She wrapped her towel around her and listened carefully, not sure what was about to go down.

“AAAHHHH!”

“May!” said Drew quickly as he realized whose scream that was. He ran as fast as he could to where the portable shower was.

Before he could react, May ran out of the shower and into his arms, shivering from fright and cold. Drew blushed, even though she had a towel on.

“What’s wrong?” he managed to say.

“I heard something in the bushes,” she answered, hugging his arm.

Drew was about to say she was hearing things until sure enough, he heard rustling in the bushes as well.

“Maybe it’s a monster or something,” was May’s unreasonable hypothesis.

Drew chuckled silently and ordered to the bushes, “Who or whatever’s in there, come out!”

From the bushes, came a pink bulldog Pokémon. “Snubbull!” When it saw the two coordinators, it ran away, thinking they would try to capture it.

“There’s your monster, May,” he teased while she blushed in embarassment. “It was just a Snubbull.”

“Shut up! Why’d you come so fast, huh? You were worried about me!” she taunted.

Drew blushed even more and retorted, “Then why are you hugging me so tight?”

This time, it was her turn to blush. She let go quickly and replied, “You seemed to enjoy it!”

“Ha! Like you didn’t?” he shot back.

“You’re so conceited!” she complained, avoiding the question. “Get out so I can finish my bath!”

“It’s a shower,” he mumbled under his breath as he walked out.

May scoffed and walked back in the shower to continue her shower.

When May came out of the shower, she saw Drew sitting by the fire, reading a guidebook. May blushed when she saw his shirt was off. The fire danced shadows on his slim, built body. Sure, she had seen him with his shirt off before, but he had changed a bit.

“Ya know, that’s mine,” said May as she sat next to him. She was wearing her black tank top and biker shorts.

“Yeah well, that shower was mine,” he replied calmly, flipping to the next page.

“Whatever,” she growled, not knowing what else to say. “I don’t know why you’re showing off if none of your fans are around.”

“One is,” said Drew smart-alecky. “Besides, my clothes have to dry since someone had to be hugging their wet self on my arm.”

“Ugh! Do all you care about is yourself?”

“Hmm, maybe,” he joked.

“Fine! Two can play that game!” declared May, snatching her guidebook from him and put it in her backpack. “Good night!” she said angrily as she climbed into her sleeping bag. May was getting fed up with Drew’s cocky nature.

“Good night, don’t let the bed bugs bite!” he chided as he walked into his tent.

“Arrogant, selfish brat,” she muttered before she went asleep.

May awoke later that night when she felt a trickle of water splash on her face. She opened her eyes quickly, assuming it was a prank from Drew. This theory was soon proved wrong when she heard a rumble of thunder.

She felt more raindrops on her and decided to take cover under a tree, as she was still upset with Drew. Unfortunately for her, the trees were a worse place as the wind was starting to pick up, dropping excess water from the leaves and onto May.

“Could today get any worse,” May asked out loud, the fire becoming extinguished as the rain fell harder.

“Actually, 'today' is tomorrow,” said someone from behind.

“Drew? What are you doing here?” asked May, forgetting she was mad at Drew.

“Nothing much, just couldn’t sleep,” he answered.

There was another rumble of thunder, followed by a strong flash of lightning. May cringed a bit, startled by the combination.

Drew laughed at her, causing May to glare daggers at him.

“What’s so funny?” asked May, already knowing the answer.

“You,” he replied, still laughing.

May rolled her eyes and said, “Shouldn’t you be getting some sleep? Who knows what your fans will say if they saw you with dark circles under your eyes?”

“Wow, you actually care,” he commented sarcastically.

“Just thought I’d show you an example of what being a true friend is about.”

Drew stopped again and thought about it. Although she was joking, he followed her example when he said, “Then let’s go to sleep. Off to bed.”

“Um, my bed is soaked under the rain!”

“Mine isn’t.”

“Yeah, yeah. Quit bragging.”

“Man, are you dense or something?” asked Drew. “I’m being nice enough to let you sleep in my tent.”

“Drew being nice? I never thought I’d see the day.” Then she thought about the second part of his statement and said unsurely, “I dunno. There might not be room.”

“C’mon, it’s not like you’re fat or anything. And it’s waterproof,” he encouraged.

“Okay, okay,” she said, giving up. Truthfully, she was happy she could actually depend on him.

“All right then. Ladies first,” he gestured as they walked towards the tent.

“Thanks I guess,” said May, getting inside the warm, sheltered tent. “Where am I going to sleep?”

“Right there,” answered Drew, pointing to his sleeping bag.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Do you need an explanation for everything? I’m being nice. Unless you want me to start acting like a smart-*** again.”

“Okay, I won’t complain anymore,” said May as she climbed into his sleeping bag. He lied down beside her, as it wasn’t a very big tent. “Hey Drew?”

“Yeah?”

“You really are a true friend,” she said, looking at him in the eye.

Drew was glad it was dark so she couldn’t see his crimson red face. “Quit talking and go to sleep.”

“Okay. Good night, Drew.”

“Good night, May.”

Aww, Drew's such a sweetheart! Don't you love their bickering? I like bickering with the guy I like! Oops, off subject. Sorry it's a little short. I was watching "A Walk to Remember" (*tears*sniff sniff), wrote a little and then DBZ came on (I haven't watched that in a long time!) Anyways, Chapter 7 should be up by Monday since I might be busy tomorrow. Speaking of which, Happy Early Easter to everyone! Lotsa Love, Ellie-chan
    Last edited by ellie-chan; 8th April 2007 at 3:45 AM.

Banners made by me.

Awwww. That is the sweetest chapter so far. Wow, you really update fast, impressive.

The whole shower scene was hilarious. Who knew Drew would carry around a portable shower. Anyways, May calling Drew a pervert was gold. & then running into him while still in a towel, so cute. =)

You're right Drew pulled through as a sweetheart. Going to rescue May from the storm, and letting her sleep in his tent. So sweet. So much blushing going on in this chapter too. I am glad they are "friends," now, it makes everything better.

Congrats on another fantastic chapter. Can't wait for the next one. =)

--HelloKitty17

well RAISE a finger

Kyoot chapter!

I like the pervert thing. It was kinda funny. Yeah, and then running into him like that. Cute.

And prtable showers? THOSE EXIST?!

awesome fic ellie-chan!
    you have great use of descriptions, grammar, spelling, etc. good job!
    and i love where this story is going! it's so sweet!
    and when i read "portable showers" i was like: WHA?!?! same as the above reviewer, i was like "we have portable showers too now? interesting..."
    but, just goes to show that Drew's a clean person! lol.

click on my banner to go to my CS fic! (no flames!)

actually, Sammi and Genkiness, I have absolutely no idea if they exist. I was just remembering I saw something like that on Yu-Gi-Oh! Then again, this is Pokemon where just about anything can happen! I'll update ASAP!

Banners made by me.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast