Thread: COTD: YGO: 4/4/2007: The Transmigration Prophecy

Default COTD: YGO: 4/4/2007: The Transmigration Prophecy

Well, for whatever reason that is going around my head, I've chosen a new card from Strike of Neos to review...
    Here's the link to the card
    And the card effect:
    Normal Trap Card
    Select 2 cards from the Graveyard(s), and shuffle them into their owner's Deck(s).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art: It's just a basic picture; all "doom and gloom" or some old person playing cards... Nothing special here, so 5/10

Name: I thought I would continue on with the theme of cool names, which is why I choose this one. Therefore, it's a 8/10

Effect: Well, the whole reason of playing these cards is for the effects (duh! ), so lets get started. Well, the first thing to notice is that it can choose from BOTH players Graveyards. This means that if you play this, they just wasted Call of the Haunted, Premature Burial, Magic Shard Excavation (this one is really harsh) etc as the card they choose is no longer in their Graveyard. This means it's similiar to D.D. Crow. But there is of course a disadvantage to doing this: at some point or another the card will crop up again.
    Now, of course it can return your cards to the deck. Why would you do this? Simple really: it can bring back your Nomi monsters for another go, let you bring back those Spell cards that you're finding hard to get back with MoF banned...
    Of course, you need to still draw the card... Now this would obviously be soo much easier if they released Golden Chest of Sealing over here...

All in all, I rate this effect as a 7/10, or 3.5/10 for those people who like 5s...

It's a nice bit of control and reuseal, but of course, it has it's disadvantages. Try it out, see what you make of it. Of course, it's not for every deck though - but one's like Exodia might like it, especially if for whatever reason a arm of leg gets sent to the Graveyard - Emmisary of the Afterlife saves the day again.
    Last edited by UltimateNagash; 4th April 2007 at 3:29 PM.
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."
    My available short stories: The Ending Star and A Hunter of Auld Times
    "It's a magical world, Hobbes ol' buddy... Let's go exploring!"

What a sub-par card. :/

It has it's uses. But it can't stop Call of The Haunted, but it can stop D.D Crow.
    Last edited by FireKero!; 4th April 2007 at 4:36 PM.

Um... yes it can:
    Ken: I activate Premature Burial and select this monster
    Bob: I activate Transmigration Prophecy and select that monster and one other one
    Ken: Darn it!
    (names randomly chosen from an imaginary hat )
    Scarlet Rue, Cassandra Cain, Luka Millfy, Toph Bei Fong, Molly Hayes, Megan Gwynn, Stephanie Brown
    "Ohhh... this is how it all ends... Pond flirting with herself... true love at last."

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm thinking of Call of the Haunted.

My bad.

Can't it stop Call of the Haunted? Hold on... activate it, select target, Transmigration Prophecy...
    Surely that would work?

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateNagash View Post
    Can't it stop Call of the Haunted? Hold on... activate it, select target, Transmigration Prophecy...
    Surely that would work?
    I don't think so....mabye...

UDE and Konami rulings have nothing on it. I was thinking that seeing how Call is a continuous trap with no spell speed in chains, it'd select a new target if the other one dissapears. Mabye Tranny will go thorugh....

Well, Call doesn't retarget when the old monster is removed. Cause you choose the target, then someone plays MST and destroys it. Just swap MST for Tranny and you get the point...

That's why I'm going back to my roots and use Pharaoh's Treasure if I need to recycle Spell Cards back into my hand.

This is really only good for Gadgets/Future Fusion/Search Out decks.

But actually, even 'Hidden Book of Spell' is more useful than this card. I mean most people only want spell cards back in their deck to re-use their more splashable spells like Graceful Charity (before being banned) or Smashing Ground.

Though deck restoration is often a 75/25 trade off. I mean you benefit sometimes if facing a mill deck or if the duel is just running long (more likely to draw your nice added card), but most of the time you will prevent yourself drawing your better cards that are still in your deck.

However there is one something that is quite interesting, if you are doing a greed deck, where you make your opponent draw and damage them with greed...then you can add more cards to their deck to make them draw dealing more damage.
    Last edited by Torkoal Stu; 4th April 2007 at 6:26 PM.

You're forgetting something: Look at the text of Call of the Haunted. I think it all effect text. Also, Call of the Haunted targets only when the monster is on the field.

In other words, chaining The Transmigration Prophecy to Call of the Haunted will not cause collusion between the cards selected (Call resolves fully after Prophecy resolves)

Sorry but pardon?

Look:

Quote Originally Posted by RONIN
    Call of the Haunted
    Continuous Trap

Select 1 monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.
    Quote Originally Posted by RONIN
    The Transmigration Prophecy
    Normal Trap

Select 2 cards from the Graveyard(s), and shuffle them into their owner's Deck(s).

1. You activate Call of the Haunted. Chain? Yes.
    2. You activate The Transmigration Prophecy. Chain? No.
    3. The Transmigration Prophecy resolves and you select 2 cards and this card (targets) returns them to the owners deck.
    4. Call of the Haunted then resolves and you select one monster in your graveyard and this card (targets) Special Summons it.

What is so hard about that? Both cards are pure effect cards, there are no costs to activate them.

What I'm asking is can you use TTP to negate CotH:
    Activate CotH, selected this monster
    Use TTP to send that card to your deck
    CotH fails, and remains on the field...

Look my friend, you don't select the card at activation of Call of the Haunted. Only at resolution. If The Transmigration Prophecy takes the card you were going to Special Summon, then you would just have to special summon another one.

The same thing goes for Premature Burial. The only thing different is that you have to pay the 800 LP activation cost.

Sorry, sometimes I just don't get these card effects and whatnot... Cheers for the help. *hits head on table for being stupid*

Stop Cyberdarks and Overload, nuff said

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

It's not bad.
    Could be useful in some decks.
    New shiny: Squirtle (LG, SRing)
    Shiny count:94
    Random encounters: 12
    SR: 30
    Hatched: 6
    Pokeradar: 46

My shinies...
    http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ndID=216041921
    Youtube account.. http://www.youtube.com/KaosDarkrai

This card can stop overload, a small Pot of Avarice with spells and traps, and other stuff that includes the graveyard.

Trad: 3/5 (Stops Chaos and Monster Reborn!)
    Adv: 3/5 (Stops Chimera and revivals)
    Art: 3/5 (Old man...or is it an old lady o.O)

^ Youtube

That's why I said old person

Quote Originally Posted by Yami Ron View Post
    Look:
    1. You activate Call of the Haunted. Chain? Yes.
    2. You activate The Transmigration Prophecy. Chain? No.
    3. The Transmigration Prophecy resolves and you select 2 cards and this card (targets) returns them to the owners deck.
    4. Call of the Haunted then resolves and you select one monster in your graveyard and this card (targets) Special Summons it.

What is so hard about that? Both cards are pure effect cards, there are no costs to activate them.
    Doesent matter bro. You select targets when you activate effects, not when you resolve, unless the card says otherwise. When you activate Call, you declare a target, just like you declare a target before discarding and rolling for Snipe Hunter, or just like you declare a target before flipping for Blowback/Barrel dragon, just so your opponent has the option to respond.

What happens is this.

Player A: I activate Call of the Haunted, target Jinzo. Response?
    Player B: Yes, I activate The Transmigration Prophecy, Target Jinzo and (Random GY card)

Prophecy resolves, shuffling Jinzo and other card.
    Call resolves, unable to special summon a monster, it sits there, trapped in your backfield. Treeborn is mad.

Ontopic: The prophecy is a decent card, but better left to players that run either nomi crap, or stuff that cant be special summoned like Gear Beast/Soldier, or HaDes. Ultra secret tech for the win, keep your recruiters recruting.

3/5 Advanced.