View Poll Results: CHARIZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • I LOVE HIM SO SO SO MUCH!

19 23.46%
  • He's pretty cool. I like his roar.

41 50.62%
  • He's not particularly cool.

13 16.05%
  • HE SUCKS!

8 9.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ash's Charizard: Love Him, Like Him, or Loathe Him.

Default Ash's Charizard: Love Him, Like Him, or Loathe Him.

NOT SO FAST MISTY/ MAY FANS!

Today we'll be discussing the 'Zard.

As you know, Kojiro has never been a fan of the 'Zard. Frankly, I find his design kinda dull, and his battle style dull as well...so I guess you can count me as "Loathing" him. I mean, seeing him finish two battles of the Silver Conference was kinda lame, right after he had won the 8th Gym for him as well.

Anyway, OPINIONS!

In my opinion, Charizard has always been one of Ash's most special Pokemon. Frankly I am getting a bit sick of him but its always nice when they see each other.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

The choices are limiting in some ways.

Anyways, I love the Zard. I think his design his good. I liked how he became Ash's first pokemon to take out a legendary. That's pretty much all I can right now.

i somewhat loathe him if he had just obey'd ash's order in the indigo plateu then ash might of beaten that punk richie. and possibly made it to the top 3
    Current Pearl team:

Pokemon to be called upon:

FC:5284 0076 7293

Charizard is awesome! He was one of Ash's best, and had great personality to boot! And any time he got to arque with Squirtle and/or Bulbasaur was a classic!
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

meh, he is ok
    Hi..............
    [IMG]http://i18.*******.com/352m9so.png[/IMG] Ingame team

He's cool with me. I don't hate him or particularly love him. He's pretty strong yet at times he over-appears imo (i.e. the final Brandon battle...it makes sense bringing the old 4 back together but I like to see some new pokemon take the stage and fight till the end). So yeah...Charizard's okay with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    The choices are limiting in some ways.
    Hmm?

I have fanboyish love, liking him as just a friend, disliking him but not murderous dislike, and fanboyish hate (which would be me. :P)

I disagree with his battle style being boring. He's got the ability to take the combat to land and air, which is something a large majority of pokémon lack. Plus he's been given a huge amount of moves to utilise, which puts him leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of Ash's other pokémon.

But that's also a contributing factor as to why I don't like him. The fact that he seems to get pretty much anything he can put to good use, while other pokémon with just as much potential are left to rot, even if they've been around for an extended amount of time.
    And if a pokémon does manage to accomplish something, it's incredibly frustrating to see the achievement wasted when the writers decide to pull the 'lets bring back Charizard' trump card.

I like the fact that Ash recognises Charizard as being his strongest Pokémon, but I don't like the fact he can just call on him whenever things look too tough to handle, instead of at least trying to use other Pokémon.

Personally though I love the big lizard, its had some of the best battles in the show (Gary's Blastoise, Clair! Blaziken & Articuno stand out the most), it has an incredible range of attacks instead of having all Fire type moves with one commonly used defensive move (Cyndaquil/Torkoal - Smokescreen/Iron Defense) and plus I like Charizard in general.

I like him, and I don't mind him coming back from time to time.

In AG he only really had two battles, once against Noland and once against Brandon, (the latter of which he got creamed), so its not like he took any major spotlight away from others.

I just hope that Sceptile becomes the new Charizard, and Ash calls Sceptile back as much as he did ol' Char-head. Sceptile deserves a battle in D/P eventually.

I love Charizard! He's one of my favorite Pokemon, I'm not sure. I just love the big ol' Zard, he's great.

I just hope that Sceptile becomes the new Charizard, and Ash calls Sceptile back as much as he did ol' Char-head. Sceptile deserves a battle in D/P eventually.
    But not too much, I dislike Charizard for coming back so often (when others could do his job) so I'd hate Sceptile to do that.

And I kinda I guess misworded it. I guess I meant Charizard, besides seismic toss, doesn't have any unique attacks really.

Personally, Ash's Charizard was good. However i think they put down his reputation(CHIKORITA) after he acted like a staight up loser in that Charisific Valley, i was glad to see his big retarded *** leave. They only Made it worse by him getting beat by a Dusclops.
    From memory, these are the things that make him look sorry:
    -that chickorita thing
    -him not listening until he got beat up by that Poliwarth
    -Dusclops
    -beat up by those other Charizard
    I like him, but he needs to really step it up
    "I am the way, the truth, and the light. Nobody goes through the father except through me." -John 14:6.I REP JESUS!
    Name:AJ
    FC:1504 3131 8429

pm before adding

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    In AG he only really had two battles, once against Noland and once against Brandon, (the latter of which he got creamed), so its not like he took any major spotlight away from others.
    He didn't get "creamed", Im surprised when people say that Dusclops pwned charizard. Are guys blind or something? Dusclops got more attacks in yet both poekmon were breathing heavily (charizard used dragonbreath twice).

The pokemon getting "creamed" is for battles like grovyle vs. Luvdisc, or Corphish/Tauros vs. Alakazam (first part of anabel's battle).

How could you not love Charizard? He's always been one of Ash's special Pokemon, and just the way he looks, and the fact that he's a fire type. I just love everything about the little guy. ^o^

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I guess I meant Charizard, besides seismic toss, doesn't have any unique attacks really.
    Has there EVER been a battle which wasn´t ended by Charizard´s seismic toss? It´s battle are really very predictable.
    He defeats his opponent with seismic toss or gets defeated right after it...I was hoping the Articuno battle would be different , but it wasn´t.

At least, the beloved "smash him into the ground"strategy didn´t work at dusklops ^^

I guess he is kinda okay-ish. I don´t hate him, but I hate big deal which is made about him.
    He was cool in OI, but when he (including the other Kanto-starters) stole the league battle away from the jotho pokemon ( and later..the hoenn pokemon AGAIN) he was getting on my nerves.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

I know Seismic Toss is predictable and corny, but for some reason I really like it. XD I dunno why, but the Up-Spin-Spin-Spin-Earth-Plummet-POW! Attack always manages to satisfy me.

As for Charizard himself, eh, he's overused and overrated. I don't particularly hate him, but he's no Sceptile. The only return battles he's had that really seemed worth it was in the third movie and the Silver Conference. Seeing him being completely clobbered by Dusclops was hilarious. It would be pretty funny if that battle ends up being his last reapparance battle... unfortunately, we all know that's not going to happen.

Oh, about the Silver Conference. I'm actually thinking the Johto Pokémon being shafted there was pretty important. After all, just a few episode earlier Ash stumbled upon the Zard and called up Snorlax because, according to Brock, he thought his Johto team was too weak. And, well, he was right. The Johtos are probably the worst Pokémon Ash has had. It's not their fault, though. I think Ash is the one to blame here; he was still in the mindset that not evolving and barely training actually works. He seemed absolutely shaken when a few episodes later Misty and Brock were all "Oh yeah evolving can really help Pokémon become stonger, basic Pokémon totally suck!" So he went off and trained them until NOT SO FAST Ash, because Team Rocket created conflict. Anyway, Ash ended up using his reserves and the Johto Pokémonw ere barely touched again. And then, for the first time, Ash left behind all his Pokémon. He seemed to really want to begin training the correct way, and the end result is his kickarse Hoenn and Battle Frontier teams. Sure, it took a while for the team to really start to develop and there was a few mistakes (Corphish really should have evolved and/or gotten a better moveset), but give the boy a break, he had just spent five years in starter merchandising idiocy.

(Wait, that rant was unorganized and the hell does any of that have to do with Charizard? o.o Ignore me.)
    Last edited by Lil Brother; 5th April 2007 at 1:28 AM.

I like Charizard, as he is a cool Pokemon. He battled a Articuno and won, but then got defeated by a mere Dusclops. I like when he returns, there always good battles.

Meh...I liked Charizard. It had good battles and screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    Seeing him being completely clobbered by Dusclops was hilarious.
    Not as hilarious as watching Grovyle getting clobbered by ONE water gun attack from a luvdisc.

Besides Charizard did not get clobbered, he put up a fight. Dusclops got in like 4 or 5 hits in while charizard got in only 2 yet both were breathing heavily so........

I know Seismic Toss is predictable and corny, but for some reason I really like it. XD I dunno why, but the Up-Spin-Spin-Spin-Earth-Plummet-POW! Attack always manages to satisfy me.
    Same here. That moment during the fight with Blaine's Magmar has always been one of my favorite moments in the show for some reason.

As for Charizard himself, eh, he's overused and overrated. I don't particularly hate him, but he's no Sceptile. The only return battles he's had that really seemed worth it was in the third movie and the Silver Conference. Seeing him being completely clobbered by Dusclops was hilarious. It would be pretty funny if that battle ends up being his last reapparance battle... unfortunately, we all know that's not going to happen.
    Again, agreed in general. Concerning his fight with Brandon's Dusclops, that series of events at least showed that he is in fact beatable--a message I think some fans would do well to see (though that case I attribute more to Ash's temporary incompetence than anything--if he hadn't been ordered to use Seismic Toss, Charizard may very well have won that round--but still). And this is coming from someone whose all-time favorite pokémon is Charizard.

Charizard's cool.

I think it's messed up that it didn't know Blast Burn by the time it battled Dusclops.

Its had some great battles; but I was glad to see it lose to Blaziken in johto.
    Pokémon Black FC: 1979-0221-1990

*FT: (MYSTRY), Starters, Pokerus, Fossils, Stones (Leaf, Thunder and Sun)
    *LF: (DW female), , Power Items, Stones (Dusk, Dawn and Water)

In General I Like Zard' But Ash's Is Just So Over Loved Its Funny, But To Not Digress I Chose The ' Friend ' Option As Out Of My Three Fave Eppys One Was Based On Him So Ive Got To Like Him A Little x3

~ James

Charizard must be one of the coolest Ash's pokemon. no! one of the coolest of the entire show!

even when it was a Charmander it was adorable. and Charmeleon too although it evolved a short time after turning into Charmeleon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast