Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Setting A Not So Old Score (495)

Default Setting A Not So Old Score (495)

Setting A Not So Old Score!

The contest has begun. Dawn, Jessie & Dawn's childhood friend are all participating. Dawn is completely eager to actually win the contest. However the battles end up being against her Childhood Friend. Despite the fact that they were friends, Dawn gives it her all. Will Piplup defeat the Prinplup?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Dawn beats Jessie's Dustox and Kengo's Prinplup and wins.

I still think Alakazam would have been a smarter choice as the battle Pokemon rather than the appeal, but then the writers wouldn't have gotten their "Vs Higher Form" match-up...

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

Finally, she gets her first ribbon!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Soooo....how cheap was Prinplup vs. Piplup?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Soooo....how cheap was Prinplup vs. Piplup?
    cheaper than diane sawyer.

derp derp

Very odd, the pictures havent been posted yet.Glad that Dawn won.

I know but Joe is probably really busy ^_^ so let's not bother him, eventually we will get the pics up ^_^
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Was that attack Piplup used Whirlpool?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

It likely was tide pool. Poor buneary, ever since Pachirisu was caught it's been in the background not getting any spotlight. Glad Hikari won though.

Good episode. I'm glad Dawn won and Piplup learnt a new attack (Bubble was getting a bit too boring..), and despite my thoughts on Kengo before watching he actually seems like a good rival for Dawn and I hope he does return. Bit stupid that he didn't use Alakazam to battle, but then again the writers do enjoy the whole underdog pre evolution winning thing.

As for poor Buneary, it needs to be shown more! What happened to Buneary and Pikachus romance? I really want to see it get more development because so far Piplup and Pachirisu are both 'characters', whilst Buneary is just a plain Pokémon.

I liked how Jessie used Dustox for a contest battle (lately she has been using James' pokemon and the last contest in AG was with her using Harley's so yeah...) and that she used Seviper earlier for the appeal.

And I'm really glad that Dawn finally gets her ribbon!! Hopefully we get to see more of Kengo too.

As for Dawn's Piplup, I'm glad to see it winning, just hope that Buneary will be used next...

Just saw the pics. Gotta see it in motion now, it's looking really cool.

About Mimiroru... People seem to have forgotten it was the first pokémon Hikari used for her first contest battle.
    Yeah, it's truth it hasn't battle much lately, but it'll get its time.

- Nozomi.

Quote Originally Posted by Weav-vile View Post
    About Mimiroru... People seem to have forgotten it was the first pokémon Hikari used for her first contest battle.
    Yeah, it's truth it hasn't battle much lately, but it'll get its time.
    Exactly. Mimiroru did good in its first contest. Hikari lost in the second contest as well so using Mimiroru or Pochama in that contest would've been stupid. It was a good loss for her because well she was using a NEW captured pokemon who had no experience in contest appeals or battles. Beside Jessie was using Ash's Aipom who has experience in contest and regular battles.

This was her first ribbon so it makes sense that Pochama did the battling. Pachirisu doing the appeal was also needed just to show its growth from the last contest.

Hikari still needs 4 more ribbons so Im sure Mimiroru will be used. I'd even say that in the next contest there is good possibility that Mimiroru will be used.

This win seperates Dawn from May further, since she actually got her first ribbon with her starter. Looks like a good battle too.

Poor Jessie though, all that momentum from that unofficial contest and look at where it gets her in the real deal.

READY, GO!?! When was the last time we heard THAT thing?

Nowhere near as cheap as Squirtle vs. Ariados or Skitty vs. Dusclops, that's for sure. It wasn't a KO win, but rather Dawn having slightly more points. I honestly enjoyed Piplup vs. Dustox more, though.

Also, for a Shimura episode, this actually looked...pretty good.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

This was her first ribbon so it makes sense that Pochama did the battling. Pachirisu doing the appeal was also needed just to show its growth from the last contest.

Hikari still needs 4 more ribbons so Im sure Mimiroru will be used. I'd even say that in the next contest there is good possibility that Mimiroru will be used.
    Well I'm just speaking for myself here, while I know your saying there's always plenty of time for more contests I was more thinking of screentime. Ever since the end of the 1st contest it barely got any screentime and now that pachirisu was caught its been all about it and piplup. That's all I was merely stating. Hopefully buneary evolves eventually.

As for the "cheap win" it wasn't that bad. However, people crucified May when her Eevee learned shadow ball before the contest even though it was obvious she had been working on it off screen. With Hikari no one has really complained about it when Piplup used tide pool(?).

Wow! Still no pics.

Quote Originally Posted by scissorX View Post
    Good episode. I'm glad Dawn won and Piplup learnt a new attack (Bubble was getting a bit too boring..)
    Argh, Piplup's standard Water attack was always Bubblebeam, not Bubble. As far as I know it's always been called Bubblebeam in the various episode threads as well. I know I've mentioned this a few times before. Please learn the difference between baboru kousen (Bubblebeam) and awa (Bubble), there's no reason to get them confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    As mentioned, sort of, it was Brine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost master View Post
    However, people crucified May when her Eevee learned shadow ball before the contest even though it was obvious she had been working on it off screen. With Hikari no one has really complained about it when Piplup used tide pool(?).
    Not that any of that "crucifying" of May was justified, because it wasn't, but there is one significant difference here. Piplup's learned move was something it learns naturally anyway, Eevee's was not.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Also, for a Shimura episode, this actually looked...pretty good.
    As I´ve said a few times already, I think that Shimura improved quiet a bit in the DP-anime. The latest Shimura episodes weren´t bland or robotic to me like older shimura ones.

Kengo´s voice wasn´t as terrible as the trailer suggested. He´s not a Harley, but he isn´t boring either.

Maybe we´ll see more Hikari-wanking flashback IF he shows up again.

I can´t help it but feel bad for the poor Musashi...Next time I want to see Habunake to the battle section. It never had a contest battle...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

All right ! Hikari finally won a contest !
    It's kinda like EP014 ( the one where Pikachu defends his honor as a Pikachu by defeating Raichu ) !
    Sinnoh Team

Unova Team

Kalos Team

I liked this episode. The win wasn't as cheap as expected. The two seemed pretty even in the battle though Prinplup should've been leading a bit more.

Just watched the whole thing!

It was a very good episode for Hikari's first ribbon, in fact. The battles all rocked and surprised, the animation was neat, the pokémon were interesting... it had everything it takes to be impressive and quite amusing!

Kengo better appear again! Hikari behaves in a funny way towards him... hmmm, I don't know how to explain it, but I like it.

Oh, and Jesse. Jesse, Jesse, Jesse... Will she ever win a contest ribbon? At least she pwned Hikari a few episodes ago... Anyway, Dustox battling is always a good thing -- even though that moth battled a lot back in AG, I can never get tired of seeing it!

Overral, one of the best D/P episodes I've seen so far. Please, let things like this come. And bring Nozomi back soon too!

- Nozomi.

what was with those pikachu at the end?
    Brawl Friend Code:
    4425-1156-8204

I think it was old footage, from "Pikachu's Goodbye", way back in Kanto. I have no idea why it was there. It was just one of those station ad thingies that you see in the raws quite often, but those usually have footage of the current episode. No idea why something as random as that was there.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast