Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting the Pre-Contest Titters (494)

Default Getting the Pre-Contest Titters (494)

Pokémon Contest! Floaroma Conference!

Ash & Co. are at Floaroma City. Dawn is eager to enter the contest and try and win her first ribbon, however her childhood friend appears, boasting none other than Dawn's Piplup's next evolutionary stage; Prinplup. Dawn is eager to challenge her friend. However, Team Rocket have their eyes set on the Prinplup. Will they be stopped and will Dawn battle her friend in the contest?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Kengo calls Dawn "Pikarin", apparently to do with some past event....
    Last edited by Korobooshi Kojiro; 7th April 2007 at 12:43 PM.

EDIT: Whoops, then I'll save the rest of the stuff for the next episode!

Anyway, Ash vs. Kengo was interupted by TR so that wasn't a surprise but heck at least we get to see all of TR's pokemon out again. As for the contest, I really liked Pachirisu's appeal!
    Last edited by Ash6K; 5th April 2007 at 11:42 PM.

Umm, I dont want to nitpick, but this is the thread for the first episode. Despite it being aired in Japan as a double episode, can you please keep all spoilers and information from the second episode out of this thread?

Thanks

Saw the pics on PM.

Kengo DID meet Nozomi, and was beaten by her.

Me have seen the pics too, and... aren't Nozomi indeed da bezt? I mean, she owned even Satoshi! My, I need to see her again -- and I'm pretty sure I will soon!

About the episode itself... ZOMG! Looks like Kengo was introduced to destroy all kinds of Hikari X Nozomi shippings... Good for them, since they're not lesbian (not even a little bit, I say! ¬¬), and Kengo is cute as hell (seriously!).
    The boy blushed when Hikari showed him her nice dress!

Well, hope I see the episode soon, can't wait!

- Nozomi.

Yeah, but do the same contest costumes HAVE to be re-used?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

- That whole first encounter between Piplup and Prinplup reminded me of Gravy's "Posh Penguins" pic. Seems snobbery is a common trait of the Piplup family.
    - XD @ Hikozaru Hikari.
    - Nice to see Ash hasn't ditched that strategy he used against Roark's Onix.
    - The pile of bubbles explode!
    - Piplup has brain damage!
    - Holy smokes, a Smeargle? I forgot that thing even existed.
    - Ya know, if Sukizo were staring at me from above sadistically, I'd run away screaming also.

Standard "character introduction" episode with good animation.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    - That whole first encounter between Piplup and Prinplup reminded me of Gravy's "Posh Penguins" pic. Seems snobbery is a common trait of the Piplup family.
    - XD @ Hikozaru Hikari.
    - Nice to see Ash hasn't ditched that strategy he used against Roark's Onix.
    - The pile of bubbles explode!
    - Piplup has brain damage!
    - Holy smokes, a Smeargle? I forgot that thing even existed.
    - Ya know, if Sukizo were staring at me from above sadistically, I'd run away screaming also.

Standard "character introduction" episode with good animation.
    You know, when I read your "episodes moments" I always think you loved the episode in question... just to read the last line and fund out you didn't care much of it. LOL @ you!

On topic: Having watched the episode, I must say it was pretty entertaining -- Hikari, Kengo, Pochama, Pachirisu, Pottaishi... they all were made of awesomeness in this one! And, of course, Nozomi made a cameo, which also counts as a good point of the episode.
    Ah, seeing all Team Rocket pokémon was cool too!
    But, I wonder... Jesse was making her nails with that Smeargle and all, OK. But, heck, WHERE ON EARTH WERE HER NAILS? O__O

At least we got to see her in her nice costume again!

- Nozomi.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    XD I was thinking pretty much the same thing when I saw that.

Yay for Piplup learning Whirlpool.

XD @ when Piplup leaned back out of pride so far that it fell over and hit its head. XD
    Last edited by Geodude; 8th April 2007 at 2:51 PM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Weav-vile View Post
    You know, when I read your "episodes moments" I always think you loved the episode in question... just to read the last line and fund out you didn't care much of it. LOL @ you!
    Well, I jot down those "highlights" as I'm watching the episode, so I don't sum up my final thoughts until the very end. I just pick out the stuff that jumps out at me. Random stuff like bubbles exploding qualifies as being notable in my book.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I know that, I was just kidding you; I actually always enjoy your posts about the episodes so much! ^^

About Pochama learning "Tide", I'm glad it did! The move looks cute, and I love how it reminds me of Whirlpool.

- Nozomi.

Heck, I thought it WAS Whirlpool! But I read that it might've been Brine, which is pretty cool too.

BTW, what was Pikachu trying to get Pachirisu to do? Looked like the little squirrel was learning how to do Thunder!

Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149

No, it wasn't Thunder. And yes, it was Whirlpool.
    Last edited by Geodude; 8th April 2007 at 2:51 PM.

I liked this episode. Especially Kengo! He's so cute!!!!!!

Sorry guys, I don't usually make this type of mistake, but it turns out the move was in fact Whirlpool. I just edited my earlier posts.

Don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place, since that was a whirlpool that Piplup created. -_-

I loved how Dawn was cracking her knuckles threateningly at Team Rocket after Piplup rescued Prinplup. XD
    Last edited by Geodude; 8th April 2007 at 7:51 PM.

Ok the new attack Piplup learned is Whirlpool, but i don't get one thing thought how was the attack able to power up Prinplup. I just now saw the episode & i don't get the meaning of it some how powering up a pokemon.
    As i don't know japanese i don't know what really happened but by the looks of it, the attack powered up Prinplup so that it was able to break free.
    Correct me if i am wrong about it.

Guess we'll have to add Whirlpool as an overpowered attack.

But it's still cool though.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Anyone else findin it kinda weird that Ponyta/Rapidash was like almost never shown before in Kanto/Johto.. Then Ponyta's in a poster and a couple contest eps in Hoenn, and Rapidash is in the Grande Festival appeals... then we get Rapidash in Dawn's first contest, the Pokétch ep and now this one. o__O Maybe it's foreshadowing something. X3 (I wish) Meh. Back to the episode.

Weird how Piplup learned Whirpool of all attacks... And we get to see BIDE in the next episode. FINALLY. Pachirisu+Piplup Sucking Up=Win. x3 Kengo seems sorta interesting... I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Kengo was SO adorable, but I must say, Metal Claw deflecting Thunderbolt is pure hax of the highest order. Gotta love the anime always ****ing on type advantages XD. But Pikachu's use of that maneuver used against Hyouta again made me smile. And then Prinplup bounces off the ground with an *awesome* use of Bubble(beam) (I'm really bad at telling the name of that move). I *want* Kengo's outfit @_@; He's so cute. And WTF at Dustox... freakin' out over there. Whirlpool... the Spirit Bomb of the Pokemon world XD. But wtf was that effect it had? Was it a combination of Whirlpool and Aqua Ring? Hikari's cracking her knuckles... that's awesome. And then there's a Smergle (very cute) and Jessie... who's expression finally managed to amuse me XD. Seviper and Dustox have some personality for once. And Pachirisu's so cute ^^;;
    Last edited by Bliksem; 9th April 2007 at 7:44 AM.

Just watched the ep, Hikozaru-Hikari was funny and whirl pool was cool, didn't expect it to be such a big attack.

Also, did they explain why Kengo calls Hikari, "Pikari"?

Yeah I agree, Whirlpool looked awesome. A lot different to how I would of expected it. Do you think it'll always look like that though.. Like out of battles. Because I remember Piplup's Bubblebeam having that really cool ring effect but then it was forgotten..

Quote Originally Posted by scissorX View Post
    Yeah I agree, Whirlpool looked awesome. A lot different to how I would of expected it. Do you think it'll always look like that though.. Like out of battles. Because I remember Piplup's Bubblebeam having that really cool ring effect but then it was forgotten..
    I'm just impressed that they made a way to show Whirlpool on land. Before this it was only ever used in the water (in the third movie). And I'd guess its a fairly malleable attack, with various appearances depending on the user and other factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Weav-vile View Post
    Me have seen the pics too, and... aren't Nozomi indeed da bezt? I mean, she owned even Satoshi! My, I need to see her again -- and I'm pretty sure I will soon!
    - Nozomi.
    Nozomi is indeed awesome but she only "owned" Ash in the sense that she got his points down further than hers and won by the skin of her teeth as another second would have had Aipom OHKOing her.
    Last edited by Pokemon Fan; 10th April 2007 at 3:12 AM.
    The defender of all things Pokemon! I shall defend Pokemon from all who speak against it! AKA Jonathan

Hm. Everything was commented on I think...I did like the look of this contest hall. With all the flowers and such. And the design of the building as well. >_> Very pretty. I love how they're making the cities be visually unique in D/P

Marry the Night

This episode was pretty good. It was cool to see a Prinplup. I had to admit, Dawn was pretty cute when she was little. The battle between Prinplup and Pikachu was cool. It was cool to see Piplup learn Whirlpool. IMO, Kenny was really annoying throughout the entire episode.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast