Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting the Pre-Contest Titters (494)

I gotta agree Dawn did look cute as a kid though I didn't. Really care much for Kenny at all.

Credit goes to Eroiduelist for the bannar

"Her fate is foretold by the whispers of the trees." - Forest Of Fate

I must say that Ash beats zoey in power over all if it was based on whos better ash would have won all the way and if ash used volt tackle on prinplup he woulda lost bad even with steel wing ash is stronger than both of them easy i wish team rocket woulda let them finish their battle
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Congrats Pokemon USA on the Combusken voice knock-off. Good job there on Prinplup . Then again, it is a fowl like it's predescessor, so what did I expect? And the only Kenny on tv belongs on South Park. As I said a few months back: Even though the anime caters to a Japanese audience, they need to stop slapping different color hair on the same character model when the guest of the week shows up. Errr..... I need my coffee.

My favorite moments were when Carnivine and Cacnea attacked Ash and Kenny. It was maliciously funny. Also when Seviper was holding up Prinplup with it's sharp tail, threatning to cut it's neck.

Same ol same ol score with me for intro episodes like this. 5 outta 10.
    Last edited by PANCAKE; 1st September 2007 at 6:37 PM.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

Bah, South Park sucks anyway.

I find it odd that Kenny's name wasn't something similar to Diamond. Ya see, Kenny's Japanese name, Kengo, is one letter off from the Japanese word for Diamond (Which, at the moment, I have trouble remembering...). Similar to how Paul's Jap name, Shinji, is one letter off from Shinju, Japanese for Pearl. Since Paul sounds similar to Pearl, I guess I assumed Kenny's name would be similar to Diamond. Maybe Paul having the same theme as his Jap name (That is, sounding like Pearl) was only a coincidence...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Four Karen
    Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best.
    Take a step and I'm on my way. Gonna start all over again!

Awesome, Prinplup is so amazing <3 :]

PINK FRIDAY

It makes your ears BLEED

so its kenny 1 year older than may? or how did he get that primplup. maybe i am wrong but i thought that the proffesor gave the starter pokemon once a year.

Cute episode to say in the least. The rivalry between Kenny and Dawn was just so cute for words and of course all of those memories (embarrassing as they were) were just to die for. Oh yeah, and when Piplup and Pachirisu wanting more poffin that was so cute. Reminded me so much of my animals and milk .

And because I have to comment on this, when Pachirisu missed a beat and fell down and looked up and saw Sukizo's face, I almost died laughing. Pachirisu gave off one of those faces like it just saw Michael Jackson!

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Great episode.

Piplup and Prinplup owned the episode. Amazing attack for Piplup and Dawn was awesome like always.

awesome episode piplup's whirlpool was amazing the way it healed prinplup, Im glad to see prinplup being able to move so fast even tough of its size
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by netobeto View Post
    so its kenny 1 year older than may? or how did he get that primplup. maybe i am wrong but i thought that the proffesor gave the starter pokemon once a year.
    Obviously not. Did you even listen? Dawn clearly said that Kenny left on his journey not long before she did. And the once a year thing can't be true since kids become eligible once they turn 10, so obviously it wouldn't be fair to make some kids wait 11 months or so to get their starters and start their journeys while others only have to wait a day or two. A little common sense goes a long way, my friend.

Dawn to Kenny: "Don't you think I'm pretty?"

XD I was hoping she'd say something like that.
    Last edited by Geodude; 3rd September 2007 at 4:23 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

So, was that a dubbing error when Ash told Staravia to use Gust on the cloud of smoke, when it should have been Whirlwind?!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

^I was going to ask that. I was rather confused because both attacks look rather similar in the anime. But Staravia can't learn it...

Yes! My name was used in the Anime!
    ...Unfourtuatly, I'm a 11-year old pre-pubescent she-man.

~*~Made by Me~*~

gust , whirlwind same mix up happens to machoke and machamp
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

If they could do something to make the attacks look more different, the attacks practically look the same.

GOD, Kenny's dub voice is unbearable! He sounds like a girl.

Most 10-year-old boys sound like girls, Lucario. :\
    Team Galactic fanatic. Sinfulshipping supporter. Ginga 411 member.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    If they could do something to make the attacks look more different, the attacks practically look the same.
    Yeah, that little fact irked me bad.

How could PUSA confuse Gust and Whirlwind anyway?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

They didn't do anything but translate the line from the Japanese version. Yes, it was Gust there too.

Okay, so the Starly line can't learn Gust in the game, big deal. However, a) the fact that it does learn Whirlwind but not Gust makes no sense whatsoever so I don't see why the anime shouldn't be allowed to ignore this very strange game rule, and b) anime!Starly already used Gust way back in DP002 (its capture episode), so I thought people would have settled with it by now ô.ô

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    They didn't do anything but translate the line from the Japanese version. Yes, it was Gust there too.

Okay, so the Starly line can't learn Gust in the game, big deal. However, a) the fact that it does learn Whirlwind but not Gust makes no sense whatsoever so I don't see why the anime shouldn't be allowed to ignore this very strange game rule, and b) anime!Starly already used Gust way back in DP002 (its capture episode), so I thought people would have settled with it by now ô.ô
    Oh, I thought Brock said Starly used Whirlwind.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario280 View Post
    I'm guessing he's voiced by the same VA who did Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario280 View Post
    That is SO true. I hope they fired whoever picked the voice actor (Or... Actress. I'm too lazy to look it up).
    "Dee Dee" HA!!

I wonder if Kenny will make anymore appearances, I kinda hope so.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Oh, I thought Brock said Starly used Whirlwind.
    He did say it was Whirlwind, I went on youtube and found that episode, and Brock said Whirlwind. I keep on changing Staravia's Attack list on Bulbapedia; it says Gust, and I keep changing it to Whirlwind, but they keep changing it back to Gust. Then I tried putting Whirlwind under Gust, and then they just got rid of it. I tried doing the same thing to Happiny's Attack list, cause it says Seismic Toss, which she cannot learn in the games. I got rid of it, and I looked at it today, and it says Seismic Toss again. We don't know what attacks she has; she's just super strong. Whoever owns Bulbapedia, they're retarded!
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Addydo View Post
    Whoever owns Bulbapedia, they're retarded!

Should you really be saying that?
    I have deep respect for the owner Bulbapedia.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

aww i liked this episode it was good to see some of dawns past and to have a story with kenny meeting zoey and also getting beat by her. And Ash and Kenny had a battle too although i have to say that his voice is annoying

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast