Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Setting A Not So Old Score (495)

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    I think it was old footage, from "Pikachu's Goodbye", way back in Kanto. I have no idea why it was there. It was just one of those station ad thingies that you see in the raws quite often, but those usually have footage of the current episode. No idea why something as random as that was there.
    They're still celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Pokémon anime, and "Pikachu's Goodbye" (have no idea what's its japanese title) marks the old times. And it brought the anime back after 3 or so months after the Porygon episode aired and got banned.

- Nozomi.
    Last edited by Weav-vile; 8th April 2007 at 8:15 AM.

I saw the pics, looks like an awesome episode; Was that Whirlpool or Brine that Piplup used!?
    Adam 's PokePet

My level 10 Munchlax!

It was Brine. That's gotta be the 5th time it's been posted here, nyaa~

Hmm...I think I'll post this here as well, considering how people usually don't look further than their nose around this place:

The technique Pochama mastered this week was infact Whirlpool. The japanese name for this attack is 'Uzushio', and this was the command that Hikari called out whenever the move was put into play.

Oops, it was indeed. Sorry about that.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Darn, Brine would've looked pretty cool though.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Hmm...I think I'll post this here as well, considering how people usually don't look further than their nose around this place:
    You don't need to be rude

1. Whoa at Whirlpool and BIDE. So the move HASN'T been forgotten.
    2. READY GO!
    3. Pikachu's Goodbye. o__O
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Kengo's appeal was IMPRESSIVE. I wasn't too much impressed with anything else. But Buizel, yay! Jessie appreciating Seviper so much was also good. But... Dustox gets owned by Bide... wow. I can't wait till Bide backfires. But Dustox lives!... but then gets KO'd by Peck. Oh well. It was a good run. Piplup vs. Prinplup... the music that played is my absolute favorite start EVER. It was an impressive battle, and I must say that it's easily one of the best I've seen.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 9th April 2007 at 9:10 AM.

Well, twas kind of a given Hikari was going to win.
    I mean, she already lost two Contests in a row, so the writers had to show some sort of 'growth' Contest-wise. The only possible way she could have lost this one was if she began to show interest in some other aspect of Pokemon training (i.e. kinda like how May told Roxanne about her decision to start Coordinating). But obviously, that would be just plain stupid after all the buildup they gave Super Contests so that wasn't about to happen anytime soon.

Pochama vs. Pottashi was a bit too cheap for my taste, but at least it was nowhere near Skitty vs. Dusclops. And after all of Pochama's losses, it needed a win anyway ^^

Now the only question is whether Kengo will be a recurring rival...

I just saw the whole thing and it was an awesome episode!
    I love the way Piplup used whirlpool, but I do not understand how using that whirlpool would give Prinplup extra power.
    But yeah I loved the battle, contest battles are always my favourites and with the battle of Prinplup Vs Piplup I was very happy with how it went, Piplup won but only just and Prinplup was as affective as I thought it would be, at the start of the battle they both use bubble beam and Prinplup took more points off of Dawn than Piplup took off the dude.

Pachirisu’s appeal was awesome, I loved it!
    I think it was good it mucked up a bit because it was its 1st real contest and the way she used poffin to get its concentration back, SO ADORABLE!

Pokemon Battle Island Finale

Did anyone notice how huge Seviper was when Jessie was appreciating it for it's appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by Ancax View Post
    Did anyone notice how huge Seviper was when Jessie was appreciating it for it's appeal?
    Maybe it was to show how old Seviper is.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Awesome episode! =D

What is the battle music called when the fight between Pochama and Dustox starts? It's one of my favs.

Kengo is a great character with cool Pokemon (Fuudin, Pottaishi), hope we,ll see a lot of him in the future.

Kengo's appeal was the highlight of this contest. Really good. The Piplup vs. Prinplup battle was pretty meh. Dunno why they couldn't just have had Iwane and Shimura switch episodes. :/

Marry the Night

I liked this episode.I liked Dawn winning her first ribbon but I didn't enjoy the Piplup VS Prinplup match as much as Dustox VS Piplup.Also I now like Kengo x Dawn shipping.
    [IMG]http://i13.*******.com/47lo29z.png[/IMG]
    Credit to ~.:Northern Lights:.~ for the awsome banner!

~Bishie~Mafia~Song~Friends

Quote Originally Posted by bubblybubbly-bubba View Post
    I liked this episode.I liked Dawn winning her first ribbon but I didn't enjoy the Piplup VS Prinplup match as much as Dustox VS Piplup.Also I now like Kengo x Dawn shipping.
    Meh, at least there's some likelihood in this ship, more or less.

I don't think it was fair, Pochama won against a very well trained Pottaishi (and Pochama isn't very well trained yet). I would have liked Hikari to win a fair battle.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Piplup Vs. Prinlup, as exciting as it was, did end rather cheaply.

Did we get an explanation as to why Dawn won despite the fact that their points were equal before the battling in the whirlpool?

Bide is definitely Piplup's dues ex move, nice to see it not used too much however.

Great Contest, as always. I don't care if Kengo ever appears again though, he's not interesting and is rather bland compared to any of May's rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Piplup Vs. Prinlup, as exciting as it was, did end rather cheaply.

Did we get an explanation as to why Dawn won despite the fact that their points were equal before the battling in the whirlpool?
    Didn't Pottaishi miss with it's Drill Peck or something? I recall Pochama diving into the Whirlpool to avoid the attack, forcing Pottaishi to steer away.
    Though apart from any issues with the points bar, I don't see how the battle was cheap at all.
    Dustox vs. Pochama was worse anyway. I mean...Pochama just stood there using Bide, getting smothered by poison sting, and it's contest points didn't even budge.
    Yet Pottaishi can Drill Peck the crap out of Bide!Pochama, and Hikari's penguin is suddenly the one at fault?

Great Contest, as always. I don't care if Kengo ever appears again though, he's not interesting and is rather bland compared to any of May's rivals.
    I thought he was better than Nozomi, despite having an annoying-as-feck voice and a cruddy design. There was a distinct amount of jealousy eminating from that kid, considering he didn't seem to be particulary pleased that Hikari had this awesome gym-beating trainer guy hanging around with her, and that'd make for some nice scenes in the future.

Dar, i kinda want Jessie in the GF. What's the point of her entering contests if she is just going to lose every time?

Yeah Cyber, have you forgotten the embarrassing stories Kengo told about Dawn?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

He was pretty mean with Dawn. He just needed a better design. I think he's jealousy and his personality were great, just his design. I haven't seen that mich of Nozomi but the girl seems strong and that Glamelow rock.

Mah, I just saw the first part. I need to see Jessie vs. Dawn and Kengo vs. Dawn.

BTW, Kengo's appealing round was pretty interesting. His Alakazam rocked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    He was pretty mean with Dawn. He just needed a better design. I think he's jealousy and his personality were great, just his design. I haven't seen that mich of Nozomi but the girl seems strong and that Glamelow rock.

Mah, I just saw the first part. I need to see Jessie vs. Dawn and Kengo vs. Dawn.

BTW, Kengo's appealing round was pretty interesting. His Alakazam rocked that.
    What did he do, though?

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    What did he do, though?
    Kengo or Alakazam?

I have no idea what attacks Alakazam used. I think he used Shado Ball inside that box but the first one and the last one confused me. I don't know what attacks are those.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast