Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Setting A Not So Old Score (495)

Halfway through the season, halfway done with rewatches.

Is it some kind of requisite in this anime for a Pokemon to defeat its evolved form when pitted against it? I'm not saying this battle was bad, but man, am I ever sick of that device. I find it a little odd that we have not seen Kengo's Alakazam since this episode, but I suppose the entire penguin line is too much for the writers to resist. Pachirisu's appeal is done well, showing that Hikari is still a beginner and that they aren't interested in rushing things with her. It was nice seeing Dokucale again - a precursor to good things in a future contest (that also involves Kengo, coincidentally).

The culminating battle is pretty decent, as not only do we get to see Pochama strut off Whirlpool (nowadays, I'd kill to see a different attack), but nothing screams total unfairness in spite of the blatant disadvantage. It's nothing truly riveting, but at the same time, it's not Eneko vs. Samayouru. As a contest arc, Sonoo is pretty typical in spite of the vital introduction, and Kengo has never truly interested me since. But it got the job done.

B
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Dawn was VERY lucky. I think Kenny would've won if he had his way.

I loved how Piplup had this episode all to itself and it shined. Glad Dawn got at least one ribbon.

A good 6/10
    Last edited by Lorde; 13th December 2009 at 5:39 PM.

Great contest, Dawn's first ribbon was vs Kenny.

Piplup wasn't so strong, but it was smart, more than Prinplup.

And i loved to see a Bagon in the anime.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I really liked this episode! I'm glad Dawn calmed down Pachirisu in time to make a good appeal, Kenny's Alakazam's appeal was fantastic, and Jesse and Seviper's was kinda funny. But the highlight of this episode was Dawn vs. Kenny, that was a great battle. I knew Piplup's Whirpool was going to come in handy and I'm glad it stood it's ground and took the victory against Prinplup. Dawn has been training hard so she deserved to win this one, she improved a lot. Fantastic episode.

Was it me or when Pachirisu came out (In the previous episode at the end) they had the Pokemon Battle Revolution music going on?

Volt Tackle Pachirisu! (I don't see how only Pikachu can know that, making thunder surrouded their bodies then slamming into their enemies with tackle could count as Volt Tackle) I like how it used discharge to catch the Poffin.

Jessie's appeal is pretty much similar with Seviper, Cacnea and Carivine when they all had to hug her. Kennys appeal wasn't too bad either, I liked how all three of the Pokemon came out of the pokeballs.
    It was pretty good Dawn won her first ribbon finally, although it is a hard road for her ahead.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I was pretty dissapointed Dawn hasn't won by KO Prinplup but the time's help.
    Anyways Jessie and Kenny were good rivals for Dawn, who proves shes better than both of the.

Kenny's Prinplup was showing too much attitude... Good that it got the treatment when it lost to Piplup

This episode was cool. Piplup vs Prinplup was an awesome battle! The way Piplup used Whirlpool was very clever. Pachirisu's Appeal was very good. It was cool to see Piplup use Bide to be able to endure many of Dustox's attacks to unleash a powerful attack in return. It was odd to see Dawn use a Poffin to get Pachirisu's attention after it was showing that it had stage fright. I'm glad Dawn won her 1st contest and contest ribbon.

70/100

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234