Thread: Pikachu's Island Adventure (P09)

Default Pikachu's Island Adventure (P09)

Pikachu's Island Adventure!

While on an Island Vacation, Pikachu & co. meet up with Buizel & Chatot and decide to relax on the island, specifically in the Playground. Meowth however is also on the island and takes the Playground. Its up to Pikachu & Co. to get the Playground back from the Team Rocket Pokémon!

Visit The Movie Guide

Discuss

Besides Meowth, is any other Team Rocket dudes in this?

I saw this and I noticed something very weird. They keep calling buizel something similar to weasel. He even says that as his name.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

Are there going to be any other pokemon in the short that you haven't listed yet? just wondering. (please let Grovyle/Sceptile be in this)
    I screencap your ****.
    ---

Haven't been here in years. The hurting of my butts are slowly healing.

SPPF family:
    Brother: Griff4815
    Sister: Anastasiar

"If you think GCPM11 is a Douche, copy and paste this into your sig." ~TheLupineOne

All the ones in that image I saw...plus many more wynaut, hariyama, donphan, combusken, eevee, two pichu, cacnea, mime jr., marshtomp, bonsly, corphish, and wobbuffet.

All the gang's Pokemon except Sceptile and Forretress were in it. It was pretty good, but it was just so weird having the narrator speaking what the Pokemon were really saying, especially for the cuter ones. Though it pains me to speak against the great Rodger Parsons, at times like these, it's better to have a female narrator like they usually use for these shorts in Japan.

Ahh, it's nice to know that so many of the AG regulars made it in this time. The last ANA special was fun, but the pokémon used in it weren't exactly the ones people take much interest in. Haruka's Squirtle, Phanpy, Bonsly...not exactly the best team to assemble for an animated short.
    Kind of disapointing to hear that Sceptile wasn't in it though. It'd been fun to see him featured in a cartoon like this.

So...uhh...what did Combusken do? Something awesome I trust?
    And was there any Wynaut/Wobba interaction?
    And what's the deal with Exploud?
    And should I store my bank statements in a metallic or cardboard box?
    Last edited by Gravy; 7th April 2007 at 2:25 PM.

Combusken lost at the seed spitting contest. Other than that I don't remeber.

Wobbuffet really didn't do much as I recall.

Exploud and hariyama seemed to be working for Meowth and the rest of Team Rocket's pokémon present. They kept the island's pokémon off their island.

Combusken fought Hariyama, and burnted its butt,lol.....and Combusken did lose at the seed spitting contest, with of course, Pikachu being the winner. Yeah, Chatot was on Meowth's side too, also Hariyama and Exploud. Also Team Rocket's Pokemon were there too. They kicked Wynaut and the other Pokemon out of the island and tried to take over the playground. I got to watch that DVD again.

Its an OK short, albeit being something too cartoonish.
    Anyone know what happened to Hariyama and Exploud after Team Rocket and Chatot were blasted off?

This was pretty cute...but, where did Hariyama, Exploud, and Chatot come from?

Anyway...um, I thought the narrator did a pretty good job.

Oh, and Corphish's bubbles cause third-degree burns now...

How come Sceptile wasn't included? You can never to too cool to miss out on a Pikachu adventure! Even if you are a big green butt kicking machine.

I was gutted at Sceptile's absense. Come to think of it, where's Swellow? And Forretress not being there is just one more nail in a very heavily nailed coffin.

I noticed Seviper wasn't in the Pikachu short either.

Did they really need to translate what they were saying? We've gone through many different specials understanding whats going on.

Was the japanese one like this too?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter Hunter Sohrab View Post
    Was the japanese one like this too?
    Yes. They've been doing this sort of thing ever since the Hoso Pichu Specials.

Great Pikachu Short. I was also surprised that most of the Pokemon dialogue was translated into English (sans Meowth of course). Speaking of Meowth, he sounded more cocky than usual.

At least I can finally do my reviews after two weeks.

I don't know about this movie short. It had an interesting story, and I love Meowth, Wobbuffet, and the rest of the Team Rocket pokemon's part in the story (I'm interested to find out where they got that hariyama and exploud to come with them). I like that they got to have a decent fight in the episode, too, even though they ended up blasting off. The final battle was awesome (and I love the wynauts!).

What brings the short down, though, is Narrator Mike doing all the pokemon translations. Although it's interesting to hear what the pokemon were actually saying, it was REALLY distracting. The short might have been better if they'd done the translations the way they did in "Island of the Giant Pokemon", it wouldn't have been as bad.
    Celebrating 15 years of Pokemon, now through December 2013

My Shinies: NEW!! 4/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Quite intersting but a little funny like the one when battling Meowth's gang
    UNDER CONSTRUCT

was this good, i never saw it?
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

Man, angry Meowth and Chatot who's repeating it's words were really funny...

It was great to see Buizel so fast in this short although it wasn't Sinnoh.

And also Chatot, great. Wynaut was funny.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    It was great to see Buizel so fast in this short although it wasn't Sinnoh.
    Well, if you remember the anime, in the Battle Frontier arc, Chatot, Weavile and a bunch of other Sinnoh Pokemon appeared. It wasn't their region of origin, but it's happened before. Anyway, a beach-themed Pokemon special is just what we needed after an ocean-themed movie! What caught me off guard was the fact that Donphan and Bonsly, Pokemon that are weak against water, were at the beach. Pikachu spitting watermelon seeds was by far the cutest scene in any short. 9/10
    Last edited by Lorde; 17th December 2010 at 5:52 AM.

This short was ok... It was great to have a short centered on an Island for a change. It was cool to have Hariyama, Chatot and Exploud in this short. It was interesting how they kept referring to Buizel as a weasel. It was great to see Pikachu win the seed spitting contest. It was great that the Pokemon were all helping each other defeat the bully Pokemon. It was cool seeing Wynaut being able to use its 2 deflecting attacks.

40/100
    Last edited by G50; 28th February 2011 at 4:14 PM.

What is it about pokemon being alone on an island and being translated. I wattched it on dvd not knowing about it and the narrater translating threw me off guard. Other than that the short was not that good. I'ts supposed to teach about sharing but if you think about it. When they blasted off Meowth and co. They wern't sharing even though Meowth took over the playground. If I were Pikachu, I'd let them all play on the playground. That's how I thought the short should have gone.