Welcome to The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club!
1. Any one is allowed to accept members.
2. USE PROPER LANGUAGE! This means use proper grammar. If your post is one big run-on sentence or your post is incomprehensible, it's SPAM!
3. Only Co-owners or Owner may give strikes. Three and you are banned.
4. No cloning chat, or any kind of the word cloning in any posts.
5. No flaming
6. No SPAM.
7. No trollers.
8. No cheat talking allowed.
9. DO NOT GO OFF TOPIC!
10. Don’t complain how co-owners or owners do their jobs.
11. Do not talk about trading!
12.DO NOT DOUBLE POST!
***If you wish to join, please put this in your first post in this club. I (ScreenName) hereby acknowledge that I have read all of the Forum and Club rules and agree to abide by them. If you don't it means you have not read the rules, and not allowed in.***
When you wish to join, please state why you wish to join as well. Please read this, too: Club Announcements
DarkDragon requested I put this on here, and I gladly accepted: Any new member will be held accountable for any rule breakings. Any members, even new, should know the rules. Tough luck if you don't. And anyone who breaks a rule in the next week, will be one week banned, no questions asked.
Fail to listen to these rules, and you will get a strike. So, please don't be lazy, AND READ THE RULES.
Banned from Club forever:
Ship of the Line
Alrighty. Let's get things started.
The Shiny Pokemon Lovers Club Presents...
~The Great Shiny Circuit~
Because I like shiny Latias and Latios.
After about a two year absence from SPPf, The Great Shiny Circuit is back and ready for action! Whether you're a veteran shiny hunter looking for a way to spice up your chaining or you're a newer member desperately trying to obtain for your first shiny, this event is a guaranteed way to keep you motivated and focused on getting that elusive shiny!!
In an effort to be concise, The Great Shiny Circuit is a club-wide competition to see who can get certain shinies in the fastest time possible. Simple as that. But first, some regulations:
Don't break them; Magmortar and Electivire don't look happy at the moment.
- Hacking to get your shiny is a big no-no!
- Try your best to go in order. If it is an impossibility or a herculean inconvenience for you to go in order, you may switch the order of TWO particular legs, i.e., 1-3-2-4-5 or 3-1-2-4-5.
- Be honest about the shinies you get. Don't lie just to win >_<
- Upon retrieval of the shiny, proof is mandatory. Pictures are best, but if you cannot post pictures, post ALL the information about your shiny. Stats, nature, characteristic (if applicable), what ball you captured it in, capturing process, and how long it took to obtain are the bare minimum.
- Participation is NOT mandatory, and you may drop out or re-enter at ANY time!
- There is no time limit for the Great Shiny Circuit. Although it "ends" when the first person gets every shiny, feel free to try and complete the circuit by yourself or with others who still want to keep it going!
- Perhaps the most important rule of all, enjoy yourself. Seriously, this is for fun; don't make a big deal out of it if someone wins in three weeks.
And now, what you've been waiting for...
Alakazam/Metagross : Shiny Hunters :: Q : James Bond
Cookies for understanding the analogy.
1st Leg - Codename: The Grassy Patch Remained Silent...
You are to catch any shiny with an encounter rate of 25% or less WITH the PokeRadar. This is a shiny that may take some patience to get; fortunatley, it isn't too hard. This is a relatively easy hunt that should bolster one's confidence and prepare them for the next hunts. This does not have to be a Radar exclusive shiny.
2nd leg - Codename: Desert Storm
In this leg, you are to capture a shiny pokemon in an area with harsh weather. PokeRadar or Random Encounter? The choice is yours.
3rd Leg - Codename: Soft Reset
Standard stuff. We don't want this circuit to be too gimmicky.
4th Leg - Codename: Egg (Moves) Attack!
After two possible 1/8192 shinies, some people might need a break, and they would like to go for something easier. A Masuda shiny would be a nice break for them, but it's simply too easy to get a Japanese ditto and breed with the Pokemon you want; the inclusion of egg moves will require a bit more planning. And who knows, you may get a decent shiny out of it.
5th Leg - Codename: Hook-A-Shiny!
Fishing. A not-so-commonly seen 1/8192 type of shiny to really end this circuit with a bang. Unfortunately those that are stuck with R/S/E only are out of luck.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post here or PM me.
Let the circuit commence!
~The Hoenn Shiny Tour~
The above quote explains the basic history and idea behind this event. Simply put, the club is going to host a contest to see who can obtain the most Hoenn wild shinies in one year. If you are thinking about dropping out of the Shiny Circuit, or you are simply looking for something new and interesting to try, the Hoenn Shiny Tour will provide an exceptional opportunity to fulfill your competitive shiny hunting desires!
But why Hoenn? Well, the fact of the matter is, I used the poll results to determine in which region this affair would take place. On hindsight, the poll question is a bit misleading; a better one would have been “Which region do you think has the best wild shinies?” or something along those lines. But in my effort to not give anything away and surprise you all, I had to be a little reserved in what I said. Do not fret if Hoenn isn’t exactly your cup of tea (I actually wanted to do a Kanto Tour. \>_</). For now, there are three more regions, meaning at least three more Shiny Tours in the future if this turns out to be popular. And who knows, perhaps more regions will be created!
• The usage of Emerald is prohibited, due to the presence of RNG clones.
• The shinies must naturally come from your game in order to count. No hacking or trading with others to get shinies.
• Be honest about the shinies you obtain.
• As usual, proof of capture is required. Pictures are best, but they are not foolproof; it’s easy to hack a shiny and take a picture of it.
• Have fun with this!
Oh, and something to note, if you “discover” a method that helps with hunting for shinies (for example, Repel Trick + Illuminate Pokemon + White Flute), please, share it with everyone else. Sharing knowledge facilitates a friendly shiny hunting environment after all!
Have any questions? Don't hesitate to ask. Just make sure you read through this post, first.
Edit: Credit goes to Zean from ShinysHunters Forum for this WONDERFUL idea!
Use this to join:
Anyone who wishes to join may do so after (1) acknowledging that s/he has read and accepted the Club rules and will abide by them, and (2) subsequently requesting to join the Club. Only after such acknowedgement will any current member be able to accept the applicant into the Club.