Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drifloon on the Wind! (496)

They were the center of attention...appearing about every 3 minutes.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

No. They weren't in it at ALL. And they never did anything. They didn't react to anything. They just kinda, stared. [I know they're ballons, but, COME ON.]

-MySpace-//-FaceBook-
    Friend Code: 0087-3328-7331
    Mud...kip?

Quote Originally Posted by XXXBurningStarIV View Post
    No. They weren't in it at ALL.
    Now you really don't know what your talking about.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I definitely do. In my opinion, what they did in the episode compared to all the other Pokemon in other episodes was nothing. If anything Suicune was the main Pokemon in that episode. He even did more than the little Drifloon. It was annoying. Why in the hell does Suicune have to appear in like EVERY episode. It's really stupid. Plus, they had no personality at ALL. It was just kind of, over looked.

-MySpace-//-FaceBook-
    Friend Code: 0087-3328-7331
    Mud...kip?

I didn't really care for this episode, I'm not big on the drifloon line (though I think drifblim would make a great Team Rocket pokemon), and it was kind of boring. On the plus side, I did like the Nurse Joy family (something different for a change), and the twerps getting accused of stealing food and Brock saying he's just here for Nurse Joy. LOL
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

to be honest i never understood the logic about drifloon but hell that's what pokemon is for, it was a good episode for the rest i think.

this episode is so cute...Drifloon is the cutest pokemon ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode features Suikun, thus making me biased and loving every moment of it!

Haha, I'm just kidding. This episode is actually a steaming acropolis of shit.

It's almost as if the writers knew how dreadful this episode was, so they stuck Suicune in at the very end for no intelligent reason just to try to mess with me, thinking that they could convert me into liking their crappy episode. Suckers. I'd call this episode "boring as Hell", but Hell is actually quite the exciting place compared to 22 minutes of a whiny brat and Fuwante actually appearing for maybe two minutes and doing totally nothing. The animation is equally dreadful, as opposed to Suicune's Johto episode which featured stellar animation (as well as a stellar plot, as opposed to whatever the hell this was).

The idea of a Joi family is one that I'm surprised took this long to cover. It's a shame that nothing interesting is done with them. Fuwante is also a potentially fascinating Pokemon, but all that happens to it here is getting blown away. Hey, remember when we all thought Galactic was gonna debut in this episode? Oh, those were fun times that probably would have suited things one hell of a lot better than whatever actually occured in this episode (i.e. nothing). Suicune's admittedly random role does salvage this episode from being as bad as Pikachu Bakery Bonanza, but really, my dear username-sake deserved far better, as did Fuwante (who would later be redeemed under Melissa).

D
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Episode was great and exciting episode! A little Joy was really funny and it was cool seeing Suicune again...

Default Drifloon on the Wind! (496)

I have yet to see the episode in motion, but I'm glad the power plant from the games was at least included, even if they didn't include the whole Galactic arc that occurs there.
    Yeah, I am disappointed, another episode of D/P that could have been great and wasn't. It was so easy to make a plot, the girls say to Ash and Co. that they have little friends in a cave, the frieds turn out to be Fuwanteds that are luring them, and then they have to rescue them before they end up in the underworld. So dark, they could have also included a family story, the grandfather made a deal with the fuwante, they would take his grandchildren in exchange of money. Geez, such a great story was missed.
    In a KIDS' show? Look, the underworld thing in the Pokedex makes for some admittedly funny gags, but nobody should seriously expect them to include it in this anime. It's times like this I'm glad the fanbase isn't writing this show.

I have yet to see the episode in motion, but I'm glad the power plant from the games was at least included, even if they didn't include the whole Galactic arc that occurs there.
    Yeah, I am disappointed, another episode of D/P that could have been great and wasn't. It was so easy to make a plot, the girls say to Ash and Co. that they have little friends in a cave, the frieds turn out to be Fuwanteds that are luring them, and then they have to rescue them before they end up in the underworld. So dark, they could have also included a family story, the grandfather made a deal with the fuwante, they would take his grandchildren in exchange of money. Geez, such a great story was missed.
    In a KIDS' show? Look, the underworld thing in the Pokedex makes for some admittedly funny gags, but nobody should seriously expect them to include it in this anime. It's times like this I'm glad the fanbase isn't writing this show.

Suicune appeared yay.

Somehow, this episode seemed Filler even with all the events and Drifloon's debut.

I think they could have made it a little more....epic?

3/10 for Suicune's reappearance.

It was great to see a Suicune in Sinnoh.
    And those Drifloon were cute.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

OK episode. I thought it was a little dangerous how Nurse Joy just let her daughter fly off with the Drifloon like that to deliver lunch to her Dad, considering she's a Nurse and all. The Suicune appearance was pretty cool, but other than that nothing really happened. Overall this was an alright episode.

Not a bad episode really, it was interesting to see a Child Nurse Joy (I see they are showing children of Joy and Jenny, like the child of Jenny in Luxray eyes).

It wasn't fantastic but it was still good, nice to see Drifloon in this episode used like an Hot air balloon. It was nice to see Suciune in this episode, I guess it's traveling across the regions (Although it wouldn't have hurt to seen Raikou instead)
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

I'm skipping 3 reviews this time. dp 25 is a filler for me as I never got that excited over poffins (a weird episode since Ash and Dawn tease each other not so nicely in this one), dp 26 introduces Kenny and begins a contest, and dp 27 concludes the contest with Dawn winning her first ribbon, largely due to Piplup's new move, Whirlpool. Not too sure I could objectively look at Kenny episodes, and the contest itself is nothing too spectacular for me. So that brings me to this episode.

It is a filler, this one distinguished by Suicune's appearance. Pretty weird that a couple of girls are such good friends with Suicune. Next thing you know the writers will have a lady be able to summon Dialga and Palkia whenever she wants, right? But anyway, this is another episode where Ash stands out for me in the way he gets along with Nurse Joy's younger daughter and also some of his other actions. Ash and the younger daughter get off to a rocky start, as Ash receives the broom for listening to his stomach rather than thinking about whose house this is. But all turns out okay, and Ash does to get to eat a meal. The younger daughter is jealous of the older daughter's "priveleges," like the right to use Drifloon to glide over to where their father works and give him his lunch, but she has to deal with it and is given chores to take her mind off it. Ash comes along, and the girl decides, in apology for the broom whack, to show him a legendary pokemon that she and her sister are friends with as long as he promises not to tell (children love to do these types of things, don't they?). Ash says okay, and off they go to a lake, with no legendary pokemon to be found. As the girl takes a look around, Ash asks the identity of the pokemon, and the girl tells him Suicune. And.....Ash believes her, or at least takes it pretty much in stride. How amazing is that? Now I'm supposed to make a pt about this...Let's see. One thing younger people tend to be rather upset with older people about is that older people generally think they know everything, and therefore disregard younger people's opinions. It takes a special person to be able to accept a younger person's claims, w/o making judgement either way by falsely encouraging it to make the child feel better or by being mean in telling the younger person to get real. This is a nice touch for Ash that he's able to do this, and it highlights his maturity and calmness.

But Ash also recognizes some of the angst the younger daughter feels, and so when a rough storm is approaching and there's trouble over at her father's work place where the older daughter is as well, he tells Pikachu to keep a watch over the younger daughter to prevent her from going off on her own (Ash, Brock, and Dawn see off Nurse Joy in the meantime). This is probably nothing new, but it shows how much faith Ash has in Pikachu to keep things okay. Except Ash is wrong here; Pikachu can't possibly hold back a young girl from doing what she wants. Just as Ash and the gang check back, they see the girl grabbing on to a Drifbloon with Pikachu trying its best to keep her grounded (funny scene). A brisk wind comes conveniently at this pt, and off go the girl, Pikachu, and Drifbloon toward the mountains.

Ash and company travel quickly to the father's workplace where Nurse Joy is and tell her what happened (not fun). The older daughter volunteers to go after her sister and releases a few Dribloon, but she is told not to by her parents. Well, another convenient wind comes at this pt, and Ash quickly grabs on to the Drifbloom to get a ride on to the mountains. Dawn makes a little remark about how reckless Ash can be, which is amusing in the sense that I've watched Ash for so long I expect him to do stuff like this and like him for that. She doesn't, and so it all looks pretty unnecessary to her. Paul at this pt would probably take it a step further, by saying Ash is pathetic. You really have to spend time with Ash and have proper respect for him before his recklessness becomes likeable; otherwise, it looks pretty thoughtless and stupid. But Ash's recklessness is a fundamental part of the way he trains, and that's probably one of the reasons he's able to connect with his pokemon so well.

In the mountains, Ash does the customary saving of the day and stuff. As he's crossing the bridge, it snaps, and he and the younger daughter almost fall to their doom (admire Ash's composure here). They're rescued by Suicune and the older daughter; and the younger daughter delightfully tells Ash she told him she knew Suicune. And Ash says she did, with a really nice smile. Just a nice scene for Ash, b/c again he's being sincere with a young child w/o being judgemental or influential. It's something that I find very hard to do, and I think it's hard to do for older people in general.
    Last edited by wind21; 27th June 2010 at 2:27 AM.

Wind- Yes it is a filler, but seeing Suicune in a episode is a rare thing.
    Drifloon was pretty strange, I think they didn't even use a move.

Wow I never thought Suicune would appear in Sinnoh

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Drifloon for the 1st time, it's very cute! It was cool to see Suicune for the 1st time in a long time. It was great to see Suicune save them after they asked for its help. It was funny how Meowth's boss fantasy was inferring that the Boss was afraid of the dark. It was cool to see a Nurse Joy with a family for a change.

20/100

This episode was pretty cute compared to what everyone else is saying. This is also the episode where I became a Broomshipper!

My ideal battle ever!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123