Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drifloon on the Wind! (496)

Default Drifloon on the Wind! (496)

Drifloon on the Wind!

Ash & Co. are on their way to Eterna City when they encounter Nurse Joy and her children. Ash & Co. decide to stay for a bit, but they learn that the youngest kid has some secret friends in the cave; Drifloon. However, Team Rocket have their eyes on these Drifloon...but something big is around following the North Winds...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The page tells me it doesn't exist O.O

Awww judging by the description here that means the Drifloon are evil sadistic children taking balloons Watch them turn out harmless so Pokemon Pearl was proven wrong. Unless they take Team Rocket to the underworld that would seem rather likely.

For no reason whatsoever should Giovanni be depicted as being scared of the dark. Meowth, I'm ashamed of you (though I've been ashamed of you for the last 200 episodes or so....) But hey, at the end, Team Rocket tries to capture Suicune. Too bad they failed miserably.

I'm astonished that despite legendary Pokemon being so... legendary, no one really freaks out when they meet one.

that is like suicunes 4th appearence in the show 2 times in johto 1 in the movie 1 in sinnoh.

"Do you know the definition of insanity?"
    Y Team:Chesnaught, Talonflame, Blastoise, Aegislash, Tyrantrum, Heliolisk

3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

The pics of this ep are much more amusing if you imagine Suicune as having been dragged out against its will and just wanting to get back to Johto where it belongs.

Other than that, this looks like generic filler that the writers tried to spice up a bit by inserting a random legendary into it. Because we clearly don't have enough DP Legends to showcase them all semi-frequently during the 3-ish years this region will take.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Anyone know where I can find the pics? I found somewhere but lost it >_< And now I can't find it again

Also does anyone catch a Drifloon?

It doesn't look as though anyone catches one. But its so cute!!! What does it sound like to those who've seen the ep?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

Did anyone notice how massive Suicune was in one scene? It was twice the size of ash!

Poor Fuwante. That had to be the absolute worst Pokemon debut in the anime's history. Suicune played a bigger role in the episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    Just watch; there will be an egg at the end of Sinnoh that Dawn will give to Ash!

Just looked at the pics. Every hope I had of sadistic, evil, child slaughtering Drifloons was crushed. The Drifloon waying less than 2 Kilos managed to carry that child O.O Terrible episode they ruined Drifloon's deubt so horribly.

Seems like a nice filler from what I'm seeing in the pics.. Glad Suicune didn't really steal the show to much.
    Nice to see an Ampharos, too.

Oh, and such a shame that Drifloon didn't try to drag kids into the underworld. I mean, really, that kind of thing happens in a kid-audience oriented anime all the time. COMPLETELY ruined them. *eyeroll*

Yeah, I am disappointed, another episode of D/P that could have been great and wasn't. It was so easy to make a plot, the girls say to Ash and Co. that they have little friends in a cave, the frieds turn out to be Fuwanteds that are luring them, and then they have to rescue them before they end up in the underworld. So dark, they could have also included a family story, the grandfather made a deal with the fuwante, they would take his grandchildren in exchange of money. Geez, such a great story was missed.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

I don't know I enjoyed it, although Hikari played a background character here LOL which I was suprised about. I thought it was cute how Ash and the Nurse Joy got along like that. The animation wasn't nice but awe well it was a cute Nurse Joy/Ash episode.

I have yet to see the episode in motion, but I'm glad the power plant from the games was at least included, even if they didn't include the whole Galactic arc that occurs there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Yeah, I am disappointed, another episode of D/P that could have been great and wasn't. It was so easy to make a plot, the girls say to Ash and Co. that they have little friends in a cave, the frieds turn out to be Fuwanteds that are luring them, and then they have to rescue them before they end up in the underworld. So dark, they could have also included a family story, the grandfather made a deal with the fuwante, they would take his grandchildren in exchange of money. Geez, such a great story was missed.
    In a KIDS' show? Look, the underworld thing in the Pokedex makes for some admittedly funny gags, but nobody should seriously expect them to include it in this anime. It's times like this I'm glad the fanbase isn't writing this show.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

At this point does it mean that Team Galaxy is a definite "no-show" in D/P, at least in the same manner that Magma/Aqua had several eps scattered across Hoenn?

At this point its obvious they're not in the 10th movie either, so its really surprising that they're completely ignoring such a major part of the games.

Why in the hell does it seem that there are more Jhoto pokemon in Sinnoh than there are actual Sinnoh pokemon?

Please don't assume something to be a generic filler because there's no gym battle, capture, or evo, people. -_-

-We see a Nurse Joy with a complete family for the first time ever. (Those were her husband and daughters, right?)

-We have it revealed that the reason the Joys all have the same name is that it's their last name.

-The young Joy girls were cool.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraze View Post
    The Drifloon waying less than 2 Kilos managed to carry that child O.O
    Yet it took three of them to carry Ash, how much does he freaking weigh?

Don't give up hope on Tema Galactic. I'm being optimistic, and just hoping that they'll appear once the third installment of the games comes out. The writers are doing this because they want to follow the thrid games plot...and not mess up because they didn't see the new additions or something...

*is still hoping*

Marry the Night

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    -We see a Nurse Joy with a complete family for the first time ever. (Those were her husband and daughters, right?)
    The oldest daughter Joy did refer the guy as "Odo-san" (or however that's spelled D: ) so I assume it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    -We have it revealed that the reason the Joys all have the same name is that it's their last name.
    I guess that means that Offcier Jenny is a surname too then? :/

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Man, I hope Dusknoir doesn't get the same **** as Drifloon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

It was good to finally get some explanation behind the Nurse Joy family, its only taken the writers what, ten years?

It was good to see Suicine too, bit peeved about Eusine not apearing but it was pretty unlikely in the first place. I like the fact that this episode tied in with the whole legendary dogs running all around the Pokémon world and can appear anywhere thing.

In a KIDS' show? Look, the underworld thing in the Pokedex makes for some admittedly funny gags, but nobody should seriously expect them to include it in this anime. It's times like this I'm glad the fanbase isn't writing this show

Nobody was? Lots of people was expecting it. It's a kids show, but they can show us Hikaris ultra-short miniskirt and Giovanni lying half-naked in the ground. I think they could at least made them evil. It's a shame that Drifloon got this filler.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

The oldest daughter Joy did refer the guy as "Odo-san" (or however that's spelled D: ) so I assume it.
    Otou-san. And I assume you mean the power plant owner?

I guess that means that Officer Jenny is a surname too then? :/
    It'd make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    Otou-san. And I assume you mean the power plant owner?
    Ah thanks.
    And yeah, since there were no other guys there I didn't know the name of, then of course I meant him. =P

My El Jay
    Used-to-be-President of the Eeveelution Evolution club

Currently on hiatus from this place. [Insert witty remark here.]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast