Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drifloon on the Wind! (496)

Quote Originally Posted by Chatsy View Post
    I guess that means that Offcier Jenny is a surname too then? :/
    That wouldn't make much sense in English/whatever other languages the policewomen have that name, but I can't see the problem with Junsa(aka Officer Jenny's JP name) being a last name. It's more of an assumed thing, anyway. (it makes a lot of sense, but it's not explicitly stated as far as I know)

So Joy's husband was shown as well? Interesting. Of course, it's *always* interesting to see a Joy that has no purpose in life other than healing Pokemon. :P
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Repidfire Review!

- Before starting, I can already tell the animation is gonna suck in this.
    - I was right.
    - When was the last time we saw Gastly or Swinub, anyways?
    - Broom: 1. Ash: 0.
    - Brock's smart never to go for MILFs.
    - Drifloon + Little children = ...Ah, just look at the sig.
    - How heavy is Drifloon? Or rather, how light are these girls?
    - A non-shockproof TR net? I'm flabbergasted.
    - All right guys, quit overusing the Movie 8 stuff. I mean, I love the intro theme, but it's being used in every bloody episode.
    - If Suicune resides in this lake, there ought to be some debate over whether it's one-of-a-kind after all.
    - Suicune walks on water. SUICUNE IS JESUS!
    - When was Aurora Beam last showcased, anyways?

I didn't think this was THAT bad, but I agree with everyone who says Drifloon got royally gypped. I mean, it did even less than Shinx in the Poketch episode. Heck, it did less than Misty in Johto!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    Nobody was? Lots of people was expecting it. It's a kids show, but they can show us Hikaris ultra-short miniskirt and Giovanni lying half-naked in the ground. I think they could at least made them evil. It's a shame that Drifloon got this filler.
    People who actually expected it are fools. And most people who were talking about it weren't being serious, anyways. Hikari's mini-shirt is FAN SERVICE. And the last I heard, men were always allowed to expose themselves half-naked in kids' cartoons. But the underworld bit would be a deliberate reference to Hell and Satan. You can easily do "darkness" in this show without involving the underworld, as proven many times before, but this particular bit crosses the line. In fact, there are many Pokemon's Pokedex entries which would not pass. Just look at Dusclops. In a more mature anime, they would have done it no problem. But you have to remember the target audience of what this anime has been all along.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 14th April 2007 at 5:34 PM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    - If Suicune resides in this lake, there ought to be some debate over whether it's one-of-a-kind after all.
    Which further supports my theory that most of the legendaries aren't unique, just very rare.
    Props to MysticFlames for these!

Remember the Beast Riders? THEY'RE BACK!!!
    Pokémon Origins Volume III: The War of Armageddon
    Finished, after 16 months!!

*without much hope** So... any sign of a TM? Something posted in the "Picture of Kengo" thread suggested there would be a "TM or something" in this ep.

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

That...had no basis. And didn't happen.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I'm just hoping that Drifloon's evo isn't portrayed as badly.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This episode was good. It was funny when little Joy KOed Ash with a broom as well as Brock finding out that Nurse Joy was married. It was cool to see a Drifloon. Meowth’s “Boss Fantasy” was pretty funny. I thought it was odd that TR never considered stealing the Drifloon, but rather took Ampharos since 99% of the time they usually try to steal a new pokemon. It was awesome to see a Suicune again. It was pretty hilarious when TR charged at Suicune to catch it only to be easily blasted off.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I didn't like. It doesn't feel right to use a legendary pokemon like that. They are legendary, they should do something epic and Diflloon was used for practically nothing important.

I actually liked this episode it seemed like ash and that joy girl have like the same attitude but i think it was kinda werid to put suicune in this episode it should have been of more significance but i liked the drifloon! did any of you guys notice she was sorta like that copycat girl in silver? or at least i think it was silver... i think they are using a lot of the character personalities from silver
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Well, one of the better D/P eps IMO. Ash did much alone, not with Brock and Dawn. Similar to Me, Myself & Time when he was alone and met another character. It looked liked Ash and that older Joy sister got alog well (any shipping names for them?).
    Last edited by Corzola; 16th September 2007 at 9:40 AM.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

This wasn't a bad episode, but it did feel kinda weird. Firstly, it seems that Drifloon kept its' japanese name(unless Fwante is pronounced differently). Personally, I felt it odd that Suicune was the Pokémon of choice in terms of legendary. Sure this is about wind(the windmills), but still it didn't fit for some reason. This is Sinnoh, Johto is, well very , very far away. Then again, the fact that Suicune can appear anywhere sorta nicks this idea. They're legendaries, they have godly powers, they can do almost anything.

Oh and a typical cliche: Ash and the younger Joy traversing that "think bridge". I KNEW it was gonna break. You can't have anything that size in this show and not have it break(or something not involving falling off).

Next off, it was very hard for me to see three Joys of varying height, different voice. Though, had I not seen the episode "Celebi and Joy", I honestly would have been even more odded. Of course, this explains many family related things(Though Ash seemed surprised that both of them were going to continue their mother's work, as if that wasn't already obvious...).

And might I say that this is the first time in god knows how long that Team Rocket actually did not have electric proof netting. I was gonna think that Ampharos wouldn't be able to shock them, and yet I was shocked to see that it was able to shock them. And of course the blatant excuse:
    "we used the money to get Jessie's nails done."
    I'm guessing that the ol' Mecha excuse doesn't qualify here, they didn't make any in the last few episodes(actually, there was the Mecha in "Oh Do You Know the Poffin Plan?", and since they wouldn't have had that much money afterwards, I guess it would make sense anyways).

Also, the one thing that is correct regardless of any other factor: the "you'll see it again" quote. However, when they do see it again, they never remember, so what's the point in the first place?

Anyways, lots of good laughs, Team Rocket getting blasted off twice, and not by Ash and co., legendary appearance, new Pokémon and the Joy family household.

Not bad for a filler.

One last thing: is it just me, or was the background coloured in differently simply due to the fact that they were showcasing Suicune from Johto, and it would look odd seeing it in a computer coloured environment? Chances are it's just me, but I prefer making sure just in case.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

This episode was just like they should be dawn wasnt all overshining ash in this i loved how dawn and that nurse joy that was his age had so much in common oh and did anybody notice how the little girl was like the copycat in silver game
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Poke'T<3 View Post
    This episode was just like they should be dawn wasnt all overshining ash in this i loved how dawn and that nurse joy that was his age had so much in common oh and did anybody notice how the little girl was like the copycat in silver game
    Learn that Dawn is a main character like Ash. They are both in the anime for the same reason, to showcase new pokemons. Whether you like it or not she's still going to have a lot of episodes only for her and nothing else, just like Ash has episodes only for him.

Well, Ash must be concidered to be the main character, and Dawn a very supporting character with her own plotline. After all Ash journey is the main thing in Pokemon. Ash have more than 50 percent of the story, however Dawn is up to 45. Brock is in fact the only character to be only supporting.

Until they make a spin off which focus on one character all the way Ash is the main character of the Pokemon anime universe. PC eps was random chapters, not any "real series".

What I liked about this ep is that you focus on Ash and some other character, therefore making it different from the usual eps with Ash and Dawn (or when May was along, without her). With that said, I like Dawn as a character but also like eps without her.
    Stay, stay.
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

It's a filler episode and nothing more. It's better than some but still not great.

I like the parts when Drifloon appears.

The writers must have an obsession with humans riding on legendary pokemon. Almost every time one appears. Ash, his Pikachu, and some other people would ride on it. Either they think it's fun, want to make viewers jealous of the characters, or are jealous of the characters themselves.

It was better to see this then just the pictures. the pictures made it look more boring then it was. I was happy to Suicune. On the plus side, No flirting Brock and Team Rocket bothering Ash.

Pokémon X Team

Yes, it was good that Brock had the manner not to flirting with a) a married woman or b) girls 2 - 5 years his junior.

TR not attempting to steal Pikachu was another good thing, that was one of the things that made this ep more free than the usual ongoing plot.

It was like "this ep is how the show would be without TR in every ep trying to catch Pikachu or Ash traveling without any friends". I however want him to have at least 1 friend with him. I don´t actually se this ep as a filler but as a way to show how the series "could be".
    Stay, stay.
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

So apparently Brock can flirt with engaged girls (If I remember correctly), but not married ones. Your right Corzola, showing Ash by himself made it more enjoyable.

Pokémon X Team

Brock basically flirt with every pretty girl he saw. Not knowing who she is before hand.
    ~ Sir Aaron from Pokemon movie 8

did anyone else notice the constant references to my neighbour totoro?
    HELP! I need the crown beasts to unlock Zoroark in Pokemon Black!I am willing to trade any 4 of these for all 3 beasts
    Pokemon I have to offer (all untouched):
    -Scizor from the 13th movie
    -2010 toys r us Jirachi
    -susumu mew (lv 5)
    -agate celebi
    -wishmkr jirachi
    -eigakan darkrai
    -red scarf manaphy
    -all Almia events
    -manaphy egg
    -eigakan regigigas
    + various other event legends I cant think of atm.
    PM me for an offer!

good episode, but seriously wth drifloons cry is ****, it shouldn't be some weird noise WTF IS PUSA DOING TO THE POKEMON VOICES???!!!!
    the end

I thought for Ho-ho the bells toll was much better for suicune then this episode. But anyway it was good to see him back but also kinda weird ,seeing as how much legendary's sinnoh has, why would they need to showcase a jotho pokemon again?? Ratings ,getting people interested? Is D/P thát boring???? Well maybe this is after all the last gen ,cause it looks like the anime is dying.......slowly

i liked this episode it was nice to see a nurse joy that was married and that Brock wasnt flirting with her i also liked her 2 children as well paige and marnie good filled episode for sure

Quote Originally Posted by The carter View Post
    I thought for Ho-ho the bells toll was much better for suicune then this episode. But anyway it was good to see him back but also kinda weird ,seeing as how much legendary's sinnoh has, why would they need to showcase a jotho pokemon again?? Ratings ,getting people interested? Is D/P thát boring???? Well maybe this is after all the last gen ,cause it looks like the anime is dying.......slowly
    Why do you think this is the last gen because of the god Pokemon being last in the Pokedex & Dawn tried to make the show less boring

Anyway I liked Nurse Joy's kids(Poor Brock he's never gonna get a pretty girl) and Suicune was cool, I feel sorry for Dawn not able to see Suicune in person.
    A fan of SpongeBob and a fan of May/Haruka

This Banner is made by Amazingkiss

[IMG]http://i12.*******.com/2djb15c.png[/IMG]
    This Banner is made by Umi Mizuno
    I love May fans & SpongeBob fans

Drifloon are my second favorite Pokemon, but, this episode just, was not... good. Seriously. It was one of the most boring episodes EVER. It made me sad. The Drifloon were like never in it too. =/ The whole thing made me sad. I was so excited to see it too. BIG let down.

-MySpace-//-FaceBook-
    Friend Code: 0087-3328-7331
    Mud...kip?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast