Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Champ Twins! (497)

Default The Champ Twins! (497)

The Champ Twins!

When they get to the next city, Ash & co are interviewed by the local tv station. From this interview, Ash & Dawn are pulled into a double battle against a team who has had over a dozen consecutive wins with their Quilava & Croconaw. Will Ash & Dawn be able to beat them and end their streak?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Whoohoo!
    Double Battle!

did they win? im in australia so didnt watch the ep?
    And baby, if I choke things down for a second
    Then maybe I can starve this tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend A_K View Post
    What are you, daft? Since when does Shuckle need an item?

Please do not post in the thread unless you actually have seen the episode, pictures or read a guide. Thank you

oh sorry ill remember that for next time
    And baby, if I choke things down for a second
    Then maybe I can starve this tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend A_K View Post
    What are you, daft? Since when does Shuckle need an item?

Ash and Hikari lost the first time and won in a rematch.

I loved the images, some major cute Hikari/Ash moments there. My favorite episode of D/P so far.

OMG! Quilava actually won a battle! Of course, he lost the second time, but that was to be expected... *sighs* But still, a victory for my favorite Pokemon can't be diminished.

Oh man, im so glad piplup got beat up, woo hoo!!!
    "I am the way, the truth, and the light. Nobody goes through the father except through me." -John 14:6.I REP JESUS!
    Name:AJ
    FC:1504 3131 8429

pm before adding

I admit, upon first glances I thought this episode would be like "The Bicker the Better" and it was similar to it in the first part.
    But I'm glad it was resolved in a slightly different manner. I mean, yes the underlying cause was still TR and their antics but at least it was different from the Tag Battle eppy in Hoenn.
    And this time they actually rematch the Quilava/Croconaw duo too which is another change.
    Overall, it wasn't that bad. It wasn't my favorite, but it wasn't HORRIBLE.

I lol'ed at the TV crew from "Shinou Now!". The guy who always smashed his microphone onto either Yuuka's or Jessie's head was funny. Speaking of Yuuka, I found her to be pretty entertaining herself - 'liked how she always popped up without any warning.

The designs of the Tag Battle Brothers (they WERE brothers after all ._.) were extremely eyecatching. Dark green hair combined with those bright purple eyes...well, it looks flashy in my opinion. They looked somewhat cute as well, especially Isaki ;D

Ehem. Must say that I wasn't very amused by Hik... er, Dawn's styling-antics in front of the camera. Maybe I would've been if it had been a Sunday - I'm pretty weird concerning this stuff.

Anyhow, one thing distracted me a little. They were doing a decent job differenciating this episode from AG72, but when Ash and Dawn starting yelling at each other with those big heads...meh. Glad they didn't include a speech-bubble fight at least, but the former mentioned was unnecessary as well. The two having this expression would have been much funnier instead. 'sides, Trainer and Pokémon are alike, right?

Another (it's the last one ;P) complaint of mine is that Turtwig and Piplup seemed to make mistakes that normally just wouldn't happen. Piplup tripping randomly? Uh-huh..

Ignoring the copied scene from AG72 though, I thought the argument the trainers had sounded funnier this time. Maybe it worked better with the goofy-sounding music in the background.

Speaking of music, I thought the BGM was well-chosen throughout the entire episode. I thought we'd never hear either of Team Magma/Aqua's themes again.

Nice to see Ash and Dawn actually make up and plan their strategies before the rematch - I thought that was a nice touch.

Team Rocket was hilarious this time around. Jessie butting into all of Yuuka's interviews (I loved when Yuuka and her crew moved into all sorts of directions to get away from her but she just didn't give up XD), or her and James whispering a part of their motto...I also laughed when the TV crew found the trio lying on the ground after crashing with their balloon, and Yuuka spitefully told the cameraman to film them in their misery.

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

I thought this was a really good episode.

Seeing Croconaw & Quilava was good, and their battle with Piplup and Turtwig was pretty neat too. It was nice to see Turtwig use Synthesis again, I thought it had been forgotten about; thats probably because Turtwig is seldom seen though.

One thing that bugged me was how similar this was to Ash and Mays double battle episode, fair enough it had a different story and the whole TV crew thing was funny, but it was just too similar. I'm glad we saw a bit of Turtwig development though.

The episode wasn't bad, in fact it was much better than the tag team ep in Hoenn (The Bicker The Better), although I didn't like Jessie butting into all the newswoman's interviews simply to hog the spotlight which is typical of Jessie. Still, I really enjoyed Jessie bursting into tears when she got blasted off.

BTW, how did any of you know the newswoman's name was Yuuka?

Now that I got to see the episode in motion, all I have to say is... why are the rematches in this anime so bloody one-sided x_x; Poor Quilava got his flaming tail handed to him...

This episode was definitely not as funny as "The Bicker The Better". Needed more Pearlshippy-ness...Ahem. ;>_> Right. the battles themselves were bleh, but the episode was just funny. I loved Piplup's little foot tapping thing when it was getting fed up with Turtwig.

Marry the Night

Frankly, Quilava bursting into flames before attacking OWNED!!

Gah, why couldn't the writers do that for Ash's Cyndaquil?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Heh, you can hardly call Turtwig a peacemaker now. A rather abrupt personality change but perhaps that's what you get when you hardly see it with a personality in the first place. Damn writers.

A lot of manicness in this episode, it was quite enjoyable to watch overall.

Quote Originally Posted by The Benmeister View Post
    Heh, you can hardly call Turtwig a peacemaker now.
    Yeah I agree, we got to see its competitive side in this episode. I could see that whenever Ash and Dawn argue, Turtwig and Piplup will too. We just need to see more Turtwig!

I didn't like this episode, it was boring IMO. Just a battle, TR and a rematch, no messages and no quality plot. I think I'll just see the pictures next time.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

One of my least favourite episodes so far. Seeing Quilava was one of the few saving graces IMO. The only others were the michrophone and the return of the pitfall!

But does anybody else think that this whole series is becoming a haven for old Johto stuff? This entire episode was basically Johto, Johto, Johto!
    First they had two Johto Pokemon (Quilava and Croconaw) and then they started to bring back all the old Johto music. Now even though Ready GO! is one of my favourite pieces of music in Pokemon I just think that the composers could try to come up with some music for the whole Sinnoh series.

And once again the writers fail to realise that Pokemon Symphonic Melody is NOT battling music! And it never will be!

Since the fillers are now starting to get into full flow I am expecting another few episodes of rehashes and pointless episodes.

EDIT: uber gon that was Quilava using Flame Wheel! Ash's Cyndaquil doesn't know Flame Wheel. That is why it can't use it!
    Last edited by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~; 14th April 2007 at 1:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~ View Post
    But does anybody else think that this whole series is becoming a haven for old Johto stuff? This entire episode was basically Johto, Johto, Johto! First they had two Johto Pokemon (Quilava and Croconaw) and then they started to bring back all the old Johto music.
    Interesting thought. How long before a Heracross, (non-shiney) Noctowl or Ho-Oh episode?

You're a Snover. I'm a Fire-Type. This amuses me.

YES! CARNIVINE (and Seviper) EXPLODED!

Lots of BGM I haven't heard in ages. The brothers' voices were relatively irritible, I thought. I probably would have enjoyed the feud a lot more if I actually understood Japanese, but the battle at the end was quite good.
    And once again the writers fail to realise that Pokemon Symphonic Melody is NOT battling music! And it never will be!
    The staff seems to think of it as "victory" or "comeback" music. Personally, I've always hated the song no matter how it is used.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~ View Post
    But does anybody else think that this whole series is becoming a haven for old Johto stuff? This entire episode was basically Johto, Johto, Johto!
    One episode, big deal. Hoenn had a jouto episode too for the record.

First they had two Johto Pokemon (Quilava and Croconaw) and then they started to bring back all the old Johto music.
    Yet Ash had to dex Quilava(>>), not to mention he didn't bring up his Cyndaquil or Totodile either, and as for the music we hear old peices all the time.

I'd lol if the Quilava and Croconaw are actually foreshadowing for later on. And I don't mean permanant, but something temporary.

Its like the Donphan episode from Hoenn where Ash remembered his Phanpy and then in the next saga he returns it to his team and it evolves.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I'd lol if the Quilava and Croconaw are actually foreshadowing for later on. And I don't mean permanant, but something temporary.
    I'm doubtful of that happening.

Its like the Donphan episode from Hoenn where Ash remembered his Phanpy and then in the next saga he returns it to his team and it evolves.
    The difference is this time Ash didn't even think about Cyndaquil or Totodile, and please don't start with that, it's bad enough people are wanting those two to return due to the lack of fire and water pokemon in sinnoh.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast