Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Champ Twins! (497)

Hm, nothing really special, but STILL interesting episode. The funny part of it were Ash and Dawn...
    And it was great seeing Quilava and Croconaw again...

I haven't seen 'the bicker the better' but this episode annoyed me alot. The only thing good was seeing Dawn and Ash's pokemon attack one annother.

The ending was what really got to me though. Not actual quote as my memory sucks but 'If you don't mind we're going to cut you're first battle as that last one had alot more drama.' The quote itself isn't so bad but why the heck is she asking Dawn and Ash that? Surely she should ask the winners of that battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    I like this episode. It's one of the few where Quilava makes an appearance
    What? Quilava appeared a lot, especially during Pokemon Leagues.

Anyway, a nice way to showcase true double battles again, even if the Sinnoh region rarely uses them. Though it still had this odd feel to it, like Filler, because nothing too grand ever happened. Ash and Dawn battling was fun though so that's something to be happy about. 5/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 5th November 2010 at 1:49 AM.

Great episode, i love Quilava.

this ep was like that episode from Hoenn, but this time Ash and Dawn managed to win because they were given two opportunities.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This was a really great episode, I loved it. I'm glad Quilava and Croconaw made an appearance, they're both awesome. I thought the little fight between Piplup and Turtwig was funny, especially when Turtwig tried to high-5 Piplup and Piplup smacked him, hilarious! The other funny part was how Jack kept hitting the News Reporter Lady in the head with the mic, funny stuff. The Champ Twins were really tough and had good teamwork and I'm glad they weren't sore losers after they lost in the re-match. I also loved the Whirpool/Razor Leaf combo Turtwig and Piplup used to finish the battle, it was quite impressive. Really great episode.

Croconaw didn't have much appearances when compared to Quilva really. Now this isn't too much of a bad episode, it was kind of funny how Dawn and Ash were fighting. And it is kinda like the bicker, the better only James and Jesse weren't fighting this time and tried to steal the Johto starters.

Interesting that Aqua Jet and Ice beam are later used as a combo in the contests.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

It was good to see Croconaw and Quilava again in the show.
    Ash's Turgtwig-I've expected from it to be calm with Piplup.... It is a Grass pokemon.

Wow, another episode review thread that has no posts along the lines of "maybe this is foreshadowing to Ash's Totodile and Cyndaquil coming back!"

Ash and Dawn need to learn to get along if they encounter any more tag battles in the future, or they are going to tun into problems.

I was looking at the pictures from the episodes just to refresh my memory and my favorite pictures are the very first one with Piplup and Turtwig evilly staring each other down.

Also, Kung-Fu Turtwig!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

The one thing could have been avoided, is that if Piplup could stop constantly bumping into other Pokemon. This wasn't the first and last time this has happended where it's clumsiness had cost fights to break out. Too clumsy is not good in a tag battle.

My ideal battle ever!

Can't believe Ash and Dawn lost to the champ twins in the first battle even if they were fighting

This episode was ok... It was cool to see Croconaw and Quilava for the 1st time in awhile. It was cool to see Ash and Dawn team up to do a Double Battle vs the Twins. I'm not surprised they lost the 1st battle since they were not working well at all as a team. It was hilarious when the sound guy kept hitting the reporter and jessie in the head with the microphone. It was great to see Ash and Dawn come up with a strategy and then winning the rematch with it.

50/100
    Last edited by G50; 27th April 2011 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Can't believe Ash and Dawn lost to the champ twins in the first battle even if they were fighting
    Wow, there seems to be a lot of things that you people "can't belive". What's wrong with them losing to the champ twins?

Looking back, I thought Ryan and Bryan were such forgettable COTDs. I loved the Sinnoh Now reporter though as well as Team Rocket's various antics here. I was pleased to see Turtwig and Piplup being uncoordinated in the Tag Battle, as well as seeing Ash and Dawn at each other's throats. At least Ash and Dawn found their groove eventually.

Rhonda wanted to take shots of the tag battle.
    I don't mean to complain, but I really wanted to take shots on those ids for some of those stupid things they said in the beginning.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234