Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Champ Twins! (497)

Turtwig vs. Piplup at the start were pretty hilarious to see! Also Ash and Dawn getting angry at each other too...lol! Reminds me of The Bicker the Better with the whole Ash and Dawn arguing and the pokemon not being into sync, etc. Yay for Carnivine and Seviper exploding too!

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~ View Post
    One of my least favourite episodes so far. Seeing Quilava was one of the few saving graces IMO. The only others were the michrophone and the return of the pitfall!

But does anybody else think that this whole series is becoming a haven for old Johto stuff? This entire episode was basically Johto, Johto, Johto!
    First they had two Johto Pokemon (Quilava and Croconaw) and then they started to bring back all the old Johto music. Now even though Ready GO! is one of my favourite pieces of music in Pokemon I just think that the composers could try to come up with some music for the whole Sinnoh series.

And once again the writers fail to realise that Pokemon Symphonic Melody is NOT battling music! And it never will be!

Since the fillers are now starting to get into full flow I am expecting another few episodes of rehashes and pointless episodes.

EDIT: uber gon that was Quilava using Flame Wheel! Ash's Cyndaquil doesn't know Flame Wheel. That is why it can't use it!
    Well I saw the image and it made me think of the Flaming Torch "flaming up."

Frankly, Cyndaquil would've looked cool doing it. Maybe in some FAR FUTURE episode Cyndaquil will learn Flame Wheel. Not that I believe it'll come back ANYTIME soon.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

The episode was really entertaining; Ash and Dawn's final battle was made of awesomeness, and plenty of funny moments were split through the whole episode.

Too bad it still looks like a rehash of "The Bicker, The Better", but... Why would I be to complain if both episodes are gorgeous?

Bring on Bagworm and Co. now! =D

- Nozomi.

Thumbs up Ash And Dawn

they Just Perfect Although Why Don`t They Make Dawn And Brock Instead Of Ash And Dawn
    ITS A BATTLE WIN OR LOSE

Quote Originally Posted by Weav-vile View Post
    The episode was really entertaining; Ash and Dawn's final battle was made of awesomeness, and plenty of funny moments were split through the whole episode.

Too bad it still looks like a rehash of "The Bicker, The Better", but... Why would I be to complain if both episodes are gorgeous?

Bring on Bagworm and Co. now! =D

- Nozomi.
    Well, "The Bicker, the Better" didn't have Ash and May resolve their battle, this episode did.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Too Bad They Didnt Put Brock
    ITS A BATTLE WIN OR LOSE

is it me is it that the new series of pokemon is very very lame conpared to other series...

Quote Originally Posted by freedom-123 View Post
    is it me is it that the new series of pokemon is very very lame conpared to other series...
    It's just you.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

This episode was really high quality in all areas.

I'm amazed at how many little details were stuffed in here.

- The newscrew was actually funny, especially when the guy kept dropping the "whatever its called" on the reporters head. LMAO.

- Jessie wearing the cowgirl outfit = yum. I especially liked how the newscrew tried to drag her away

- Dawn was hilarious with the way she had to make sure she looked good in front of the camera.

- Naetle actually had some personality! Shock! The whole fighting skirmish between Pochama/Naetle was amusing.

- All the battles rocked. Yes, all of them. The first battle with Ash/Dawn losing was nicely done and fun to watch, the battle against TR was VERY good, and I really enjoyed the final battle as well.

- Nice to see underused Pokemon like Quilava and Croconaw again. It really makes me wish Ash's Pokemon evolved.

The fighting and "make up" scenes between Ash and Dawn were done right too.

Its really refreshing to see a girl who likes battling as much as Ash does. We *never* got these kinds of scenes from Misty and only once in a blue moon from May. I like how each girl has battled more than the last in the anime, its refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    - Jessie wearing the cowgirl outfit = yum. I especially liked how the newscrew tried to drag her away
    Twas pretty funny to see her try to get on the camera, but failing to do so.

Cowgirl Jessie = HAWT

FC: 3180-5269-0929

I saw an image of Turtwig using Razor Leaf on Crocanaw's Water Gun. What happened afterwards?

Yeah I don't find Jessie attractive at all, but even I think she was hot in that cowgirl outfit.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The Team Rocket Battle in this was amazingly fluid and awesome looking.

I was impressed....YOSHA!

And the Battle at the End was very strategic, YOSHA!

And the Boom Stick Fat Guy made me LOL, YOSHA!

So, a very entertaining episode.

What were the twins names?
    ColosseumShipping (Wes x Rui) claimed by me. Other claimed ships: FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn). I also support RangerShipping, HoennShipping, and AccidentialShipping.
    This cake is great, it's so delicious and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    So if you put Giratina and Arceus in the daycare together, will the daycare man say something like, "The two Pokemon are completely ignoring each other"? Or will he say "The two Pokemon are trying to kill each other! Oh, deary me! THEY'RE KILLING THE POOR BUNEARIES! SAVE THE BUNEARIES! OH DEARY ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by Voltrex View Post
    Oh man, im so glad piplup got beat up, woo hoo!!!
    YOU AND ME BOTH!!! i think they need to show dawn going down atleast a little bit... i was amazed ash didnt use pikachu they should use buneary and pikachu together in a double battle they would work well buneary would try to save pikachu but yet she would probably be distracted by his cuteness! << Piplups foot tapping was so cute! but piplup really did get in the way of turtwig trying to save himself and then it went and attacked him geeeeezzzz
    Last edited by Poke'T<3; 2nd October 2007 at 2:01 AM.
    You had way too many outside images and your signature was overstacking, so everything was erased. Please read the signature rules.

Wonder if Turtwig's "Dynamic Entry" attack on Piplup is a foreshadowing of it learning SUPERPOWER?

This episode was very good. The mic guy was cool. Shouldn’t Ash have learned his lesson about teamwork since that double battle with May? I also thought Jessie was really annoying. The final battle was awesome.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Wonder if Turtwig's "Dynamic Entry" attack on Piplup is a foreshadowing of it learning SUPERPOWER?
    No, really, I don't think so.

I like the voices for the Sinnoh News Crew.

For the first time Jessie annoyed me. I just thought none of her appearances were funny. The battle against Team Rocket was better than the final one.

Still it was a great episode.

*sniff*

It was SO nice to see a Quilava again!
    That truly made my day in this episode! (well... that and Turtwig's Dynamic Entry move)

(Quilava>Cyndaquil>Typloshion IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    For the first time Jessie annoyed me. I just thought none of her appearances were funny. The battle against Team Rocket was better than the final one.
    Look I hate Jessie as much as you (judging by countless eps), but sadly we just have to put up with it.

Great Ash-Dawn episode, I like eps that focus on Ash friendship with her because she is the new character and needs to get into the series (but we also need eps like the Drifloon ep without her). Now we know more about Dawn in a way.

Jesse annoyed me but TR: s small screen time was good, this was not a TR ep which was good (thereby not said TR don´t have great eps, like Sweet Baby James and eps like that).

As for the battles, The Champ Twins had 15 - 20 straight victorys, Ash - as a beginner trainer - had 10, so I am not impressed by 15. It looked like all opponents up to Ash and Dawn was pretty much like beginners. AJ on the other hand... The first battle was funny and the second great, really showing off how great Ash is as a trainer (heck, he could be a Frontier Brain, those twins could at best be batteling in ordinary gyms) and that Dawn really can stand her own ground in battles.

7/10 points.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

after that win ash nust love dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    Look I hate Jessie as much as you (judging by countless eps), but sadly we just have to put up with it.
    I don't hate Jessie, I actually love her and she's my favorite Team Rocket member but just in this episode she came off as tiring an annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I don't hate Jessie, I actually love her and she's my favorite Team Rocket member but just in this episode she came off as tiring an annoying.
    It's the accent. It's always the accent.

I wasn't too fond of Ryan and Brian either..>_> What was with that "oopah" thing? and seriously, Rhyme less XD

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast