Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: It's Heracross! Run!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,242

    Default It's Heracross! Run!

    Run everyone! Protect yourself. The enemy is here. It's, It's....Heracross. Okay, I am seriously starting to get ****** off that so many people say that Heracross is a threat to any team. I mean, Heracross has a 4X weakness to flying. So, what's the big deal?! I know Heracross is a very strong Pokemon. I had situations where he did battle my team very well. And I'm not gonna say that it's a bad Pokemon because I never will. It's powerful but all this commotion is seriously unneeded.

    And why in the hell would some of you say all teams are Heracross weak when no one uses Heracross?
    Last edited by MistyLover; 13th April 2007 at 8:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistyLover View Post
    And why in the hell would some of you say all teams are Heracross weak when no one uses Heracross?
    Because they still are weak to it, maybe? I know I use/abuse Hera on my conceptual teams.

    If it were as simple as 'switch in flyer, do happy dance', it wouldn't be threatening. But Heracross 2HKOs or OHKOs many Flying types if it predicts their switch and Stone Edges. Even if it mispredicts, it can simply flee, and it resists Pursuit. Megahorn strikes so much useful stuff SE, and in conjunction with Close Combat... it isn't funny.

    Previously, Hera's main problem was it's relial on Rock Slide/Hidden Power [Ghost] to hit Gengar (who was immune to Brick Break/Focus Punch and x4 resisted Megahorn) and could only 2HKO Skarmory if it used Focus Punch and got 2 successful hits (unlikely, as Skarm would just Drill Peck the nuisance). Now, Hera can Pursuit/Night Slash Gengar and Close Combat 2HKOs Skarm. Very, very dangerous. If you burn him, gg.

    Hera's a Pokémon with impressive stats, a superb trait, a good defensive typing and a brilliant movepool. It can and will sweep people's teams if they come unprepared.
    Last edited by Ekul the Sarcastic; 13th April 2007 at 4:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by totaldude54
    Isn't Pokerus an STD?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    I dont see him as a big threat. No one/hardly anyone uses it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    giantess
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistyLover View Post
    Run everyone! Protect yourself. The enemy is here. It's, It's....Heracross. Okay, I am seriously starting to get ****** off that so many people say that Heracross is a threat to any team. I mean, Heracross has a 4X weakness to flying. So, what's the big deal?!

    And why in the hell would some of you say all teams are Heracross weak when no one uses Heracross?
    Heracross has two 120 BP STAB moves of great typing. It also has a great trait in Guts, and the very much useful Pursuit. 125 Base Atk is hot, too. It doesn't have many things that can safely switch into it for these reasons, therefore few non-ubers like Gliscor can counter it.

    go away and go love misty

    Beaten by Ekul. Also, trust me, Heracross WILL be used by many people.
    My Diamond Friend Code: 1375 3674 8866
    My Trades. Lots of neat stuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzas
    Jus coz yer better dan be, doesnt mean u can insult me?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England.
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Just because the CRMTs are filled with newbie teams/fun teams right now, doesn't mean people won't be whoring him on their WiFi/Competitor teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by totaldude54
    Isn't Pokerus an STD?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    I'm not saying they won't. Well, are you?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ekul the Sarcastic View Post
    Because they still are weak to it, maybe? I know I use/abuse Hera on my conceptual teams.

    If it were as simple as 'switch in flyer, do happy dance', it wouldn't be threatening. But Heracross 2HKOs or OHKOs many Flying types if it predicts their switch and Stone Edges. Even if it mispredicts, it can simply flee, and it resists Pursuit. Megahorn strikes so much useful stuff SE, and in conjunction with Close Combat... it isn't funny.

    Previously, Hera's main problem was it's relial on Rock Slide to hitt Gengar (who was immune to Brick Break/Focus Punch and x4 resisted Megahorn) and Skarmory. Now, Hera can Pursuit/Night Slash Gengar and Close Combat 2HKOs Skarm. Very, very dangerous. If you burn him, gg.

    Hera's a Pokémon with impressive stats, a superb trait, a good defensive typing and a brilliant movepool. It can and will sweep people's teams if they come unprepared.
    QFT
    4x Flying weakness? How often do you see flying attacks? Swampert and Rhyperior (no Hard Stone) have a 4x Grass weakness, Mence and Garchomp 4x weak to ice, Tar 4x weak to fighting. why not complain about them as well? And what has Hera ever done to you? (pwned you?)
    Last edited by Tytus; 13th April 2007 at 4:49 PM.
    .: Friend Code: 5300-9214-1882 :.
    Please PM your FC if you add me!
    Looking for lots of friends for Friend Safari!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    giantess
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tytus View Post
    How often do you see flying attacks?
    All I see is Aerial Ace on Gliscor mostly for Hera...
    My Diamond Friend Code: 1375 3674 8866
    My Trades. Lots of neat stuffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzas
    Jus coz yer better dan be, doesnt mean u can insult me?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupo Aro View Post
    All I see is Aerial Ace on Gliscor mostly for Hera...
    That and Air Slash. Alot of people see Aerial Ace as too weak and could be replaced with something better, but are forced to use it anyway because of Hera.
    .: Friend Code: 5300-9214-1882 :.
    Please PM your FC if you add me!
    Looking for lots of friends for Friend Safari!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Trollin' stuff
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tytus View Post
    QFT
    4x Flying weakness? How often do you see flying attacks? Swampert and Rhyperior (no Hard Stone) have a 4x Grass weakness, Mence and Garchomp 4x weak to ice, Tar 4x weak to fighting. why not complain about them as well? And what has Hera ever done to you? (pwned you?)
    Nuff said.

    Im using Hera on my team. It owns everything, Gliscor will do some damage but.... thats about it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    What I would like to know is how to calculate the power and Attack needed to OHKO Heracross (especially) with certain Flying type moves.

    Brave Bird
    Aerial Ace
    Air Slash
    Peck (on Mamoswine only)
    HP Flying
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    prox
    Posts
    7,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistyLover View Post
    Run everyone! Protect yourself. The enemy is here. It's, It's....Heracross. Okay, I am seriously starting to get ****** off that so many people say that Heracross is a threat to any team. I mean, Heracross has a 4X weakness to flying. So, what's the big deal?!

    And why in the hell would some of you say all teams are Heracross weak when no one uses Heracross?
    how about stop making youself look dumb and just stop trying to understand competitive battling.

    go be an hero or something
    Hey unfaithful!

    musics
    PM for B/W wi-fi battles. If you hack... don't bother, i'll still win.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    indie
    Posts
    6,910

    Default

    MistyLover, have you ever thought about the fact that you are in fact Heracross weak?

    It has a base 120 Power Fighting and Bug attack, both of which recieve STAB.
    Then Pursuit.
    Then a base 100 power Rock Move.


    but a hero like you doesn't need to think about this, because your Pokemon have pride, and you die with dignity.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States Of America
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Heracross weak? Not necessarily. True he's weak to some types but isn't any pokemon?

    I've used Heracross and he slaughters some Pokemon...
    Friends: ChaosAngel, Darkrukario, Hikari14, Lindsay, Red1062


  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wouldn't you like to know?
    Posts
    3,242

    Default

    I'm not saying he's weak. He is strong. Believe me. But Heracross can be taken down just like any Pokemon.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    United States Of America
    Posts
    618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistyLover View Post
    I'm not saying he's weak. He is strong. Believe me. But Heracross can be taken down just like any Pokemon.
    I agree with you. Sorry if I accidentally sounded like I was arguing with you.
    Friends: ChaosAngel, Darkrukario, Hikari14, Lindsay, Red1062


  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    indie
    Posts
    6,910

    Default

    ok, what can swap into Heracross without taking a **** load of damage then?
    this is what is known as a "counter".

    Gliscizor can.
    Weezing can, JUST.
    Dusknoir can, just about.

    but that is about it. It's main counter in ADV was Salamence, but he is obliterated by it's new found base 100 power Rock move.

  18. #18
    Black Mage is offline Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,542

    Default

    go away and go love misty
    lol

    It has a base 120 Power Fighting and Bug attack, both of which recieve STAB.
    Then Pursuit.
    Then a base 100 power Rock Move.
    $5 says he's going to say 'OMG PERSUTE IZ TEH SUK BCUZ OF TEH LO DMG!!1'

    --
    Leaving. Possibly forever. GameFAQs is definitely a hell of a lot more light-hearted than this place will ever be.

    ----

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    prox
    Posts
    7,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MistyLover View Post
    I'm not saying he's weak. He is strong. Believe me. But Heracross can be taken down just like any Pokemon.
    This contradicts your first post. Make your mind up on your opinion.
    Hey unfaithful!

    musics
    PM for B/W wi-fi battles. If you hack... don't bother, i'll still win.

  20. #20

    Default

    how about stop making youself look dumb and just stop trying to understand competitive battling.

    go be an hero or something
    Quoting this because this statement is extremely important to consider.

    Run everyone! Protect yourself. The enemy is here. It's, It's....Heracross. Okay, I am seriously starting to get ****** off that so many people say that Heracross is a threat to any team. I mean, Heracross has a 4X weakness to flying. So, what's the big deal?! I know Heracross is a very strong Pokemon. I had situations where he did battle my team very well. And I'm not gonna say that it's a bad Pokemon because I never will. It's powerful but all this commotion is seriously unneeded.

    And why in the hell would some of you say all teams are Heracross weak when no one uses Heracross?
    Dude Heracross is like the most commonly used Pokemon ok? I've seen dozens on WiFi and even I use Heracross and it rips teams well (ask tacho and SePh258).

    So what's this HEra weak about? It's because some teams just get 2HKOed by Close Combat with Choice Band, and not even Skarmory can counter it.

    Just because it has a 4x weak to Flying doesn't mean it's bad. Dragonite/Salamence/Landshark has a 4x weak to Ice and they're very threatening.

    Heracross isn't frail. It has some handy resistances which you should be looking up right now, the main one being Ground. It can swap into Swampert and swamp you for the rest of your life if you're not careful.

    Now I know Heracross isn't as threatening as say, a Palkia in a standard metagame, but it is definitely a threat which every team has to consider.
    aka Jibaku on Smogon

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Over there
    Posts
    4,171

    Default

    Why does anyone bother trying to answer questions asked by Mistylover? Just like in his RMTs he wont listen even when your right(and amazingly listens to people who give bad advice)

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    You read this? STALKER!
    Posts
    88

    Default

    i think i have a good moveset 4 heracross, tell me if u think its good. (if its bad dont insult me)

    Megahorn
    shadow claw(ghost is based on attk and is better than night slash or pursuit which are dark, using sp. attk)
    bulk up/swords dance
    close combat
    Quote Originally Posted by CharMaster006 View Post
    They should let you change the colors of your balls.
    Diamond FC: N\A atm.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    No. Standard Heracross is

    @Choice Band
    Adamant
    Trait: Guts

    Close Combat
    Megahorn
    Stone Edge
    Blade Test/Pursuit

    And why is Misty Lover making all these fail threads lately?

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    49

    Default

    dude my lvl 89 shiny heracross rocks!!! and for those idiotic bird pokemon all you need is dig or something.......


    Peace be with you.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Why would you Dig against a flyer? Why would you use Dig at all? Especially since Heracross has Earthquake, which it shouldn't be using anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •