Thread: Hello

Default Hello

I am very new to the Pokemon TCG. I collected a while back, but now I want to get into deck building. I play the TCG online and not having much luck right now with making friends, so I was hoping to make friends that want to teach/play/discuss pokemon TCG. Thanks for your time

Do you want to do this competitively or leisurely? Because on any forum a lot of players will assume a direct connotation to themselves and there interests in the game and will make assumptions, this for the most part is the sad truth of 85% of the player base. I could teach but I find the best way to teach people anything in this game is through gaining experience yourself, maybe this is just due to my mentality towards my team and its heavy testing criteria.

I have no problem showing the ropes and being as detailed as possible, if you have any further questions or what to get started (insert new thread here), if anyone else wants to join in the more the merrier.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite, mawaru penguindrum, and more(eventually).

Probably leisurely then, but I didn't mean just all help, I want to make friends to collect and talk about it .

Well from my stand point friends are made over time, it either works or it doesn't work rushing it adds pressure and makes it fail so take time. If anyone else wants to jump in at any time, the more the merrier.

What sickens me is that it's an online game and I can barely get a single person to add me. Respect over time? Really? And how do you earn said respect if no one adds you, duels you, talks to you? I weep for friend making and online game-making while I'm trying to find people to friend with.

I'm not big into the competitive aspect of the TCG, but I learned a lot playing the Pokemon TCG for game boy color. It taught me the basics pretty well, though I would assume most would consider the game easy because you can make a deck based on the weaknesses of each club member. Today I mainly just collect.
    I'm currently playing through Pokemon Blue Version. I'll hopefully be buying White 2 pretty soon.
    Feel free to send me a PM sometime

^true, but due to so many typing matchups and decks that can win against said respective type with a much better decklist, for instance donphan (with a water weakness) is winning a lot of tournaments at the moment, decks with water typing don't seem to be doing that well and win about a respective 1-2 cities versus the 80+ donphan has won, better deck list = better results.

LefthandedVulcan@ Granted yes it's an online game (for me it isn't as much, it's mainly leagues and facebook, due to the high volume of pokemon tcg facebook groups), but if I recall there has always been a message board on PTCGO, well last time I tried to play and kill my laptop. For me it is that way, for others, well everyone else has there own sweet style.