Thread: Pokemans (Pokeshipping and Others) PG-13

Default Pokemans (Pokeshipping and Others) PG-13

My first Pokemon fanfic! It is Pokeshipping, then Appealshipping and I might put in some Contestshipping later. Please note, this is humour as well as romance so there won't be loads of kissing and stuff for a while. XD However, romance is at the very heart of the plot. Oh, and this first chapter is kind of long, so...yeah.

PM LIST
    penngrade6
    sammy061338
    Ash&May 4EVER
    WaterKrystal

----------------

Chapter One: Not A Normal Contest

It was yet another beautiful mid-winter day in Sinnoh, and the locals weren't worried in the slightest. 'Hey, if this is global warming in action,' they thought, 'bring it on!' Many people were out and about shopping for Decemberween gifts, sunglasses planted firmly on their heads. If only they knew what Candice, the ice gym leader up north, was going through. Such a tragedy.

Among the young people going about their business were three mismatched travellers, weary from the hot sticky (not in that way, you pervert) journey into town. The first was a teenage boy with black hair that hadn't been brushed in four months. There was a young girl beside him, skipping merrily while her too-short pink skirt flapped around in the breeze. A man was running ahead of them, apparently proposing to every woman that passed him, while being chased by a giant frog. Our heroes.

The girl twirled around a few times, clearly happy about something.

"I can't believe we're here! Crystalline City...and my next contest!" she giggled, pushing her skirt down like she was frickin' Marilyn Monroe. Though she didn't have much to push.

"I'm entering too, y'know," the boy nodded, "so you'd better watch out, Dawn."

"So, Ash, which Pokemon are you gonna be using?"

"Pikachu," the boy, Ash, grinned. "he's never let me down. Right, Pikachu?"
    Ash smiled at the electric mouse Pokemon on his shoulder. It squeaked its name cutely in reply.

"Pikachuchu, pikapi!"

"I know, Pikachu! We'll win this!"

He tried to high five the Pokemon, but the force of his push nearly caused the Pikachu to fall off his shoulder. The boy was obviously a little dim.
    Dawn ignored the odd couple, and began talking again.

"I'm using Buneary. I haven't done an appeal with it in a while, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Besides, the judges love ice type moves, right? I'll just use ice beam and...whee! I've totally won!"

The lady-chasing man turned around to face them, looking by all counts a civilised human being when he wasn't thinking with his hormones. He produced a map out of nowhere and peered at it closely.

"The contest hall is located over there," he said as he pointed in a random direction, "but the contest doesn't start until tomorrow. We should eat and take a rest first. The Pokemon Centre is right down that road."

"Okay! Thanks, Brock." Ash said gratefully.

Brock placed the map back where it had come from (where that is, your guess is as good as mine) and led the two younger friends down the bustling street towards the Pokemon Centre. Though as they passed a huge department store filled with lots of Pokemon merchandise and items, Ash stopped. He turned around, scanning the street as if he were looking for someone.

"What is it, Ash?" Dawn asked, bouncing back to him as Brock confusedly looked on.

"Nothing. It's just that I thought I saw someone I knew." Ash said, quietly. Dawn shrugged and started to walk back to Brock. Ash took a final look at the crowds, then turned to rejoin the group.

It couldn't be...her.

"Hurry up!"

"I'm hurrying as fast as I can!"

Dawn sighed melodramatically. She had to get registered for the contest! She wouldn't get there in time if Ash didn't make more of an effort. At least Brock was co-operating, having left the Pokemon Centre in a good mood after successfully giving a bunch of roses to the resident Nurse Joy. Ash, however, was still plodding along at a pathetic pace. Dawn tossed her hair and marched off, followed by a blissfully happy Brock. Ash decided to finally run a bit faster. There was no use thinking about yesterday. Today was today, and he had a contest to win.

As the group entered the contest hall, Dawn smiled indulgently.

"I wonder if Nozomi is entering this contest." she said to herself. Ash gave her a blank stare. "You know, the red haired girl that keeps beating you." Dawn laughed.

"Oh, her! The girl in the prince outfit! Hey, that time, I was..." Ash began, but Dawn and Brock had already run off. Ash grimaced. "Gotta stay focused."

Dawn was over at the registration table. Ash caught up with her and did the same, giving his details to the lady with the plastic smile. His face flashed up on the overhead screen, next to lots of other pictures. Just as expected.

And then he saw something that he didn't expect.

"Huh?" Ash uttered, as his eyes swooped down the screen, but then...it changed, showing another batch of co-ordinators. He was left stunned. He was sure he had seen it. Yesterday, and now this? Where they connected? They must be.

"Ash! It starts in an hour! You'd better get practicing!" Dawn's shrill voice pierced the air, causing Ash to wince slightly. She had a point, though. He headed towards the contest hall grounds. Turtwig was performing in the appeal round. They needed to brush up on the old razor leaf.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Rang out the voice of the contest presenter, Miriam, "Welcome to the Crystalline City Pokemon contest!" Applause sounded from every angle. Miriam went on. "We have some truly spectacular co-ordinators today! I'm sure that this will be a contest to remember..."

Backstage, Dawn and Ash were sitting on leather seats nervously awaiting their cues. Brock, of course, was sitting in the stands. Dawn was endlessly dusting invisible dust off her bright pink dress. Ash was leaning back in his seat, trying to act cool.

"Dawn?"

Dawn looked up, gazing into the eyes of her fellow co-ordinator and rival Nozomi. Her face lit up.

"Oh, hi Nozomi! How are you doing?" she questioned, Ash looking on absent-mindedly.

"Not bad, actually. I've decided to use Glameow for the appeal round this time, so I can give my other Pokemon some battle exercise." Nozomi said.

"Ah, um, okay."

"Well, I'll be seeing you later then." Nozomi turned and walked away. Ash sniffed, rubbing his nose. Dawn huffed.

"You didn't have to be so rude, Ash." she pouted.

"She doesn't like me! She even said I should stick to Gym battles!" Ash breathed.

"Are you still mad about that?"

"Yes!"

This wonderful conversation was interrupted by a huge cheer from the crowd watching the contest. The co-ordinators were being called out to appeal alphabetically. This meant that Dawn would go first, then Ash. Already a few appeals had been made, some good and some bad. The co-ordinators in the multiple waiting rooms could see everything that was going on with the help of our friend, television.

"And now for our next contestant!" Miriam screamed into her microphone onstage. "She may be young, but her contest skills are exceptional! Give it up for..."

Cheering.

Clapping.

The crowd went wild.

Ash couldn't hear them. Earlier he had glimpsed her on a screen. Now here she was, appealing in the contest.

It was May.

Ash immediately reacted like a idiotic teenage boy would. Shouting.

"May? It's May!" Ash shouted loudly, jumping up. "I thought she was in Johto!"

"Ash, calm down!" Dawn said, surprised, also rising from her seat. "What is it?" She looked at the television screen. "Who's that?"

The girl in red on the TV screen winked at the camera, fluffing her brown hair which was covered partially by a bandanna. She span around, thrust her arm out and threw a Pokeball forwards. A flash of light, and the Pokemon within appeared. A Wartortle.

"Wartortle! Rapid spin while using bubblebeam!" She ordered the Pokemon. Wartortle did so, shooting streams of bubbles all over the arena. It shot a final ray of bubbles right into the air above it's head, and landed perfectly on the ground. The crowd screamed their approval like demented football fans. May bowed, patted Wartortle on the head, and posed. She mouthed some words for the camera, knowing she wouldn't be heard above the noisy crowd.

This...is...for...you...Ash.

Ash obviously couldn't understand what she had said. After all, he couldn't read lips. He had simply stared at the screen, unable to comprehend the fact that this was May. She was supposed to be in Johto, with Max! He couldn't stand it any longer. He ran from the waiting room into the corridor, Dawn hot on his trail.

"Ash! What are you doing?" she yelled, as Ash sprinted towards May, who had just gotten her score. (It was apparently remarkable.)

"May! You're here..." Ash shouted, as May hopped around. "...but why?" May giggled, showing off her pure white dentistry.

"Why wouldn't I be here? Super contests are so my thing, after all."

"You went to Johto."

"Nope! I came back. There was too much...I don't know. It was like filler on a TV show." She looked at the Pikachu on Ash's shoulder. "Good to see you again, Pikachu!" Pikachu gave a confused expression as she tickled it under its chin.

Dawn glanced from May to Ash and back to May again. "Is she your girlfriend?" she asked Ash.

"No." Ash said plainly. May looked at him with her eyebrows raised.

"Silly Ash. Of course I'm your girlfriend." May smiled, clutching Ash's arm while he gasped, shocked. She glared at Dawn. "And who are you?"

"Definitely not his girlfriend. So, Ash, is this the person you saw in town yesterday?" Dawn said.

Ash broke free of May's clutches. He gabbled, "May, get off! I'm not your boyfriend!" he pushed May aside, "Uh, no Dawn, this wasn't the person."

"What?" Dawn and May said together.

"I saw someone else. I saw Misty."

A silence fell.

"Who?" Dawn muttered. May, though, was backing away.

"Misty?" she said, quietly. "So she's not..." She looked at Ash, at Dawn, and at the floor. Then she ran away without another word.

Ash and Dawn were too shocked to say anything. So, when Dawn realised that it was her appeal next up, she wasn't really motivated enough to truly perform her best. Nevertheless, she got a decent enough score.

"I suppose it must have been all the practice that saved me." She sighed. "So...what was that all about?"

"May and her little brother Max used to travel with me and Brock in Hoenn." Ash explained. "Then we went to Kanto for the Battle Frontier. After the Grand Festival, May and Max decided to go to Johto. Though it looks like she changed her mind. Aaah! And as for the girlfriend thing, she never was any of that! We were just friends...I don't know what's gotten into her."

"Yeah, and who's Misty?"

"The leader of Cerulean City Gym in Kanto. She travelled with me too, back when I was just starting out! I saw her yesterday, I'm sure I did. I don't know why May was so suprised, they're actually great friends..."

Dawn murmured in response as Ash's name got called out. It was his turn to appeal. As he entered the arena, Miriam got handed a cue card.

"Um, attention!" Miriam read, "the participant May Day has withdrawn from the competition." A flurry of boos and people chanting "you suck", as Ash pulled out his Pokeball. 'Remember,' he thought, 'gotta stay focused.'

"Go, Turtwig!"

In the end, Ash, Dawn and, of course, Nozomi all got through to the final stages. Ash had the unfortunate luck of being forced to fight Nozomi while Dawn got stuck with random dude, and we all know that Nozomi likes to beat black haired boys named Ash in Pokemon battles. Sorry, Ash, you're out, and the final battle is between...

"Dawn Getem and Nozomi Kino!" Miriam shrieked. "This battle will be only three minutes long, so all of your speed is required! Ready, and fight!"

"Go, Pachirisu!" Dawn shouted, throwing her Pokeball. A bright light revealed an electric squirrel, much like Pikachu.

"Mismagius, do it!" Nozomi yelled, releasing her Pokemon - the evolution of Misdreavus. The purple ghost cackled and flew speedily towards Pachirisu. "Shadow ball!"

Mismagius hurled a dark glowing orb towards Pachirisu. It ducked, getting only slightly hit by the rays exploding off the floor. Dawn tried to gain advantage of the situation.

"Agility, then spark!" Pachirisu did just that. It ran as fast as it could, jumping out of the way of various attacks. It then leapt into the air and sent an electric pulse down onto Mismagius. Mismagius was dazed, maybe even paralysed. Dawn smirked. "Yes, now quick attack it!"

"Oh no!" shouted Brock from the stands. Ash and Pikachu were sitting with him, having already explained what was going on with May.

"A mistake." Nozomi said. "Normal attacks don't work against ghost type Pokemon."

"What?!" Dawn gasped. It was true. Pachirisu went straight through Mismagius, landing with a bump on the ground. Mismagius turned around fast, and its eyes sparkled with glee.

"Hypnosis!" Nozomi called out to Mismagius, who aimed a burst of psychic energy at Pachirisu. Pachirisu wobbled, then collapsed. It was asleep. Before Dawn had a chance to recover, Nozomi ordered her Pokemon to send another shadow ball at Pachirisu. A direct hit! Pachirisu was struggling, and time was running out. Dawn held back tears.

"What can I do?" she whispered. "How can I win?" Dawn noticed Pachirisu trying to get up. It could still battle, but Mismagius was about to send another shadow ball Pachirisu's way. "Dodge it!"

"It's over!" Nozomi said with gritted teeth.

"No!" Dawn screamed, an idea flashing within her head, "Pachirisu, quick attack!"

"It won't work. It'll just go straight through!"

"Pachirisu," Dawn interupted, "use spark while going through Mismagius!" Pachirisu jumped into the air, right through Mismagius, sending a jolt of electricity all around it. Bzzzap! Just like killing flies. Mismagius was hurtled downwards, stunned.

BEEP.

The clock stopped. The health bars on the screen overhead did not lie. Dawn was the victor, with a third of her Pachirisu's health remaining while Nozomi's Mismagius had only a quarter.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Dawn Getem is our new contest winner!" Miriam screeched. The crowd erupted. Nozomi returned Mismagius to its Pokeball and walked slowly over to Dawn.

"Congratulations, Dawn. You and your cute Pokemon are getting stronger every day." Nozomi said.

"Thank you." Dawn said quietly, and she smiled. Nozomi smiled back, nodded and left the arena. Dawn turned her attention to Miriam, who had a purple ribbon in her hands. Dawn took it and held it aloft, beaming. The audience screamed their approval. Meanwhile, Ash and Brock were clapping along with them.

"Showoff." Ash said.

It was the end of the day. Ash, Brock and Dawn were leaving the contest hall. Dawn was proudly holding her ribbon, giggling. Ash was right, she was a showoff. Brock was being dragged along the ground by his giant frog Pokemon, Croagunk, who made sure that he didn't elope with any woman that he saw. Miriam included. Ash was babbling about the next Gym he needed to go to. He was so busy talking that he didn't notice a shadowy female figure hiding behind a nearby tree, watching him intently.

"I have to warn him. If I don't, then..." she paused for a while, watching the group make their way back to the Pokemon Centre. She stepped out from behind the tree, struck a pose (much to the dismay of passers-by), and shouted into the cool night air: "Look out world! Misty's back in town!"

"Did you hear something, Ash?"
    "What? No, Dawn, I didn't hear anything..."

----------------

A/N: I'm not very good at double spacing...oh, and if you're wondering what's going on with May, don't worry, it'll all be explained. I'm not going to make her into some creepy person for no reason! I like May! Anyway, see you when I've written the next chapter! More Misty, more May, more madness! (That should be the tagline, heh.)
    Last edited by Leonazium; 14th May 2007 at 9:04 AM.

Please R&R my new fanfiction: Pokemans! Find it in the shipping fics section, or more easily, click on the button below! Chapter three up!

Piplup's cousins were just like him.

Ooh new story!

It was yet another beautiful mid-winter day in Sinnoh, and the locals weren't worried in the slightest. 'Hey, if this is global warming in action,' they thought, 'bring it on!' Many people were out and about shopping for Decemberween gifts, sunglasses planted firmly on their heads. If only they knew what Candice, the ice gym leader up north, was going through. Such a tragedy.
    Do you mind telling me what Decemberween is?

It was May.

Ash immediately reacted like a idiotic teenage boy would. Shouting.

"May? It's May!" Ash shouted loudly, jumping up. "I thought she was in Johto!"

"Ash, calm down!" Dawn said, surprised, also rising from her seat. "What is it?" She looked at the television screen. "Who's that?"

The girl in red on the TV screen winked at the camera, fluffing her brown hair which was covered partially by a bandanna. She span around, thrust her arm out and threw a Pokeball forwards. A flash of light, and the Pokemon within appeared. A Wartortle.
    Yes! May's in Johto! And her Squirtle evolved!

"Wartortle! Rapid spin while using bubblebeam!" She ordered the Pokemon. Wartortle did so, shooting streams of bubbles all over the arena. It shot a final ray of bubbles right into the air above it's head, and landed perfectly on the ground. The crowd screamed their approval like demented football fans. May bowed, patted Wartortle on the head, and posed. She mouthed some words for the camera, knowing she wouldn't be heard above the noisy crowd.

This...is...for...you...Ash.
    You did say this was a Pokeshippy fic. Me senses rivalry between Misty and May

It was the end of the day. Ash, Brock and Dawn were leaving the contest hall. Dawn was proudly holding her ribbon, giggling. Ash was right, she was a showoff. Brock was being dragged along the ground by his giant frog Pokemon, Croagunk, who made sure that he didn't elope with any woman that he saw. Miriam included. Ash was babbling about the next Gym he needed to go to. He was so busy talking that he didn't notice a shadowy female figure hiding behind a nearby tree, watching him intently.
    Ooh, Ash has a stalker

"I have to warn him. If I don't, then..." she paused for a while, watching the group make their way back to the Pokemon Centre. She stepped out from behind the tree, struck a pose (much to the dismay of passers-by), and shouted into the cool night air: "Look out world! Misty's back in town!"

"Did you hear something, Ash?"
    "What? No, Dawn, I didn't hear anything..."
    Yay! The return of Misty!

I love this story so far, so please put me on the PM List!

Quote Originally Posted by penngrade6 View Post
    Do you mind telling me what Decemberween is?
    It's Christmas, basically, but with more presents.
    I've put you on the PM list, as well!

Please R&R my new fanfiction: Pokemans! Find it in the shipping fics section, or more easily, click on the button below! Chapter three up!

DATS WIGHT!Contestshipping and Pokeshipping! May I Be On The P.M list?

I was confused... does Dawn Like Ash,too?

Advanceshipping must DIE!!! XD
    sammy061338known as Aquatic Rose on "http://pkmncommunity.com

Checklist:
    xMeet Drew&May For a COUPLES Interview.
    xMeet Ash&Misty For The Same.
    xGet Gary To Propose to meeeeeeeeee!!!
    xTorment Advancedshippers

Lmao Don't Be Stealin My Stuffz Because I Put Itr There First Crazay *****es lol

I was confused... does Dawn Like Ash,too?
    As friends. :3

I've finished the second chapter! It's much shorter than the last one, sorry...but chapter three will be much bigger! Hehehe.

----------------

Chapter Two: Night Visitors

The Pokemon Centre never slept. There were Pokemon grunting and squeaking in the back room, an obviously undead Nurse Joy pottering around - and Brock snoring. This made it nearly impossible to get to sleep, especially since it was crowded that night. Ash, Dawn and Brock ended up sleeping on the floor. Ash gripped his Pikachu like a teddy bear, other arm outstretched and accidentally poking some poor sod's eye. It was two o'clock in the morning, everyone was snoozing...except May.

May was tiptoeing through the crowds of dozing people and Pokemon, avoiding tails and fingers, making her way towards the navy blue sleeping bag which contained the boy she wished to find. She had easily got into the Centre; it was open 24/7. She stopped and gazed down at the body of Ash Ketchum and his yellow rat. Carefully, she produced a blindfold from her purse and eased it onto his head. Ash stirred, and muttered something under his breath: "No, that tickles Misty..."

May's eyes narrowed. She then took a small translucent bottle out of her purse, filled with a clear liquid. She also took a grubby piece of cloth.

"This won't hurt a bit." she whispered, unscrewing the bottle, putting the cloth over the top, and tipping it upside-down and back up again ever so quickly. She placed the damp rag over Ash's mouth. His brain automatically responded to the lack of air and the breathing in of fumes. He tried to get up but the sleeping bag was shut tight. He eventually fell unconscious. May really didn't think that it made much of a difference if he was already asleep, but at least he wouldn't wake up for a while. She noted the people around him - that Dawn girl, and Brock. That man was Brock, wasn't he? They were stirring; she had to get out quickly, before Nurse Joy came into the room and noticed. She dragged Ash's body back where she had came from, leaving Pikachu behind. She flipped open a mobile phone inscribed with the letter "A" as she neared the door.

"Hello? It's me. The plan worked. Yes. I'll be waiting outside the Pokemon Centre. Can you pick me up?" May said into the phone as she thrust open the door, "I'll be waiting right - uaaagh!" The phone fell. It smashed into the concrete paving, as May jumped backwards in shock. She had opened the door and found her.

"You won't be going anywhere!" Quick as a flash the redheaded girl kicked the brunette squarely in the stomach, sending her flying back into the Pokemon Centre and landing on a big fat guy. All the noise caused many of the sleeping people to wake up (including Fatty) and Nurse Joy to rush back into the lobby.

"What's going on?" Nurse Joy shouted, waking even more scared trainers.

"She," said the redhead, Misty, pointing at May, "was trying to kidnap him." Misty pointed at the unconscious Ash at her feet. Her stony expression softened as she knelt down next to him. Brock, Dawn and Ash's Pikachu, who were among those awakened by the drama, ran to Ash as well.

"Misty! Why are you here?" Brock asked. Misty ignored him.

"Ash, Ash, are you all right? What did you do to him?!" Misty yelled at May, who was struggling to get up.

"It's just...chloroform." May murmured. "He'll be okay. Now," she said, her voice growing stronger, taking a Pokeball from her bag, "give him to me!"

"If it's a battle you want, then fine!" Misty shouted, throwing one of her own Pokeballs. "Go, Staryu!"

"Go, Leafeon!" May screamed releasing her Pokemon, the grass evolution of Eevee. It mewed excitedly, trotting up to her and rubbing her legs. May groaned and pushed it in the direction of Misty's Staryu.

"Here we go." Misty breathed. Dawn looked at her curiously.

"So, you're the girl Ash was talking about." Dawn said. Misty's eyes brightened.

"He was?" Her attention flew back to the battle as she saw May's Leafeon aim a vine whip attack at her Staryu, wrapping it in vegetation. She knew what she had to do. After all, she was a Gym Leader.

"Rapid spin!" She yelled, and her Staryu complied, showing the same technique May's Wartortle had displayed in the Crystalline contest. Staryu broke free of the vines, launching itself at Leafeon to tackle it. Leafeon was sent flying across the room, crashing into a wall. "Now, water gun attack!" Staryu shot a stream of water into Leafeon. This was a misjudgement. True, Leafeon was badly injured, but a water gun wasn't enough to finish it off as Misty thought. Leafeon leapt swiftly out of the way, did a backflip and shot leaves as sharp as knives right at Staryu. Staryu fell backwards and Misty made a noise like a Pidgey flying into a wall.

"Quick, Buneary!" Dawn pleaded, sending out her rabbit Pokemon. "You know ice beam, don'tcha? Go get it!" A snow white beam of icicles flew out of Buneary's mouth. This certainly was enough. Leafon mewed pitiously and slumped in a heap. Nurse Joy tried to help the plant-cat, but May returned it to its Pokeball. Misty also did so with Staryu, and Dawn with Buneary.

"I thought she was supposed to have good Pokemon." May muttered. She glanced back at Misty, Brock, Dawn and Pikachu who were all looking either confused or angry.

"Just what do you want?" Dawn questioned May. May remained silent. She brushed a strand of hair back behind her ear, as if she were listening for something. A strange noise was pumping through the sky outside. She smirked.

"They're here." The noise grew louder as May ran directly towards the group. Pushing through them, she wrenched open the door and the sound burst inside. The sound of a helicopter.

Cue collective gasping.

The ladder attached to the helicopter wobbled. Men in strange grey uniforms climbed down it, and gave some sort of a salute to May. They reached for Ash, but Misty, Dawn, Brock and Pikachu blocked their path.

"Pikachu, oh, please use thunderbolt!" Dawn stammered. Pikachu squealed, and released a bolt of electricity from its cheeks. The soldiers, stunned, fell back but more came in to replace them. They grabbed Ash from the grasp of Brock and Dawn but Misty still clung on to his jacket, Pikachu on her shoulder.

"No, no!" she shouted, her voice becoming shriller, panicky.

"Pikapi!" Pikachu squeaked, reaching for his trainer.

Just then, a girl, a stranger from the middle of the floor rose from her sleeping bag.

"I'm not cowering any longer," she said, her voice shaking, "come on!" She motioned for her friends who also jumped upwards, agreeing with her. Even more stranger trainers joined her, and ran towards the soldiers, Ash, Misty and Pikachu. Brock and Dawn charged with them. Even Nurse Joy tried to run, but she twisted her ankle from running in her high heels. Idiot.

The soldiers were obviously taken aback. Brock's fist came flying towards the man with Ash on his back, while the group of trainers and co-ordinators screeched madly behind him.

But the man was too quick. He withdrew his gun from his holster and pointed it straight at the crowd.

The might of the people could not compare to the brute strength of a loaded weapon. The noble charging trainers stopped dead in their tracks. No-one said anything; all that could be heard was the roaring of the helicopter. May sauntered up to the unconsious Ash in the gunner's arms, with Misty clinging on hopelessly. She gave May a death glare, but May simply smiled.

"Let's go. We have the key." May said to the soldiers. They nodded.

"Yes, A."

The soldier finally managed to loosen Misty's grip, and threw her and Pikachu into a pile on the floor. The unit turned. They marched back to the ladder, climbed it...the helicopter was rising. Misty hurled obscenities into the night air. She didn't cry, she couldn't. She shouldn't. She clutched Pikachu close to her chest. The whole crowd of trainers was silent, shocked. Dawn and Brock looked up as the helicopter began to ascend. Along with Ash.

"Chuuuu." Pikachu sniffled. Misty didn't dare to watch.

He was gone.

May was tiptoeing through the crowds of dozing people and Pokemon, avoiding tails and fingers, making her way towards the navy blue sleeping bag which contained the boy she wished to find. She had easily got into the Centre; it was open 24/7. She stopped and gazed down at the body of Ash Ketchum and his yellow rat. Carefully, she produced a blindfold from her purse and eased it onto his head. Ash stirred, and muttered something under his breath: "No, that tickles Misty..."
    So Ash was dreaming about Misty, how cute.

"Just what do you want?" Dawn questioned May. May remained silent. She brushed a strand of hair back behind her ear, as if she were listening for something. A strange noise was pumping through the sky outside. She smirked.

"They're here." The noise grew louder as May ran directly towards the group. Pushing through them, she wrenched open the door and the sound burst inside. The sound of a helicopter.

Cue collective gasping.

The ladder attached to the helicopter wobbled. Men in strange grey uniforms climbed down it, and gave some sort of a salute to May. They reached for Ash, but Misty, Dawn, Brock and Pikachu blocked their path.
    So May is part of the Mafia? How interesting, never saw that coming.

"Let's go. We have the key." May said to the soldiers. They nodded.

"Yes, A."
    Ash is the key?

I like this chapter, and I didn't find any mistakes, so that was cool

Quote Originally Posted by penngrade6 View Post
    I like this chapter, and I didn't find any mistakes, so that was cool.
    Aw, thanks! :3

I'm sorry guys, but I'm not quite finished with chapter three. I've been addicted to Pokemon Ranger, which has only just come out in the UK. Took them long enough! Also, my Pearl version will be arriving soon, but I'll still find time to write! Anyway, here's a teaser of the third chapter:

Spirals of hazy light circled every part of May's body. They merged with her, changing her body shape, shortening her hair, giving her new clothes. As it finished the fog cleared, fading into nothingness. May blinked her newly formed eyes like she was seeing the world for the first time.

Coming soon to a fanfiction thread near you! Wow, that line is cheesy.

Finally, my exams are over and the long-awaited (?) chapter three is up! Hooray! Featuring...the silliest plot twist ever!

----------------

Chapter Three: The Base

"Ash? Ash?"

A voice was calling his name. He knew that voice - could it be...

"Ash? Ash?"

"Misty, what are you doing here?" He said, and Misty suddenly appeared in front of him. She seemed to glow, emitting an all-consuming light around into the empty darkness.

"The key has unlocked the beast." Misty whispered, the light growing steadily brighter. Ash tried to lift his arms to shield his face, but they weren't there. Instead, he found himself bound by ropes.

"Misty?!" Ash shouted. The light kept shining, always shining, hurting his eyes. Her features began to distort. She held out a hand, but it was shining too.

"Please..." she breathed, but Ash was screaming. The light was burning him, he couldn't see, he couldn't think, and a high, cold laugh span through his mind. Around and around and around and around...

Ash woke up in a cold sweat. The dream had seemed so real...but still so unreal. Slowly, his surroundings began to come into focus. A bead of sweat trickled down his dirty face. He would have brushed it away, but...he was tied up. Just like in the dream. Ropes kept him bound in place on a wooden chair. Ash had watched a lot of gangster movies in secret when he was younger, and to have this happen to him was a nightmare. At least he didn't have a sock stuffed into his mouth.

The room he was in was beeping annoyingly. Many computers were propped up against the walls, and in general the place had a whole 'Star Trek' motif going on. Ash looked around in confusion. The last thing he remembered was being rudely awakened from his sleep before dropping off once more. He wasn't used to such narcolepsy.

"Pikachu?" Ash yelled. Where was Pikachu? He needed his orange juice.

"Sorry. He wasn't needed." Ash attempted to turn his body, but his back ached to try. The girl in red strutted into Ash's gaze from a door behind him, and put her hands on her hips. "Finally, you're awake. The chloroform really knocked you out, didn't it?"

"May? You brought me here?" Ash stuttered. May gave a mock giggle.

"Oh, I forgot to change. Well, the specimen should be pleased at least." May took a remote control out of her back pocket, a remote control with only one button. She pressed it daintily with her long fingernail.

The reaction was immediate. Spirals of hazy light circled every part of May's body. They merged with her, changing her body shape, shortening her hair, giving her new clothes. As it finished the fog cleared, fading into nothingness. May blinked her newly formed eyes like she was seeing the world for the first time.

Except that these weren't May's eyes. This wasn't May at all. What Ash saw was a different person altogether, a person with short purple hair and a depressing grey uniform.

Her name was Anabel.

Anabel examined her hands, giving a nod of approval when she saw that they were indeed her own. She stared at Ash, her deep purple eyes cutting into him and making his heart jump high like a Spoink.

"What do you think?" she asked, smiling pleasantly. Ash said nothing. He couldn't believe it. Anabel kept smiling, putting the remote control back in her pocket. "I'll need to notify them that I've changed back. I wouldn't want any misunderstandings." She grabbed a walkie-talkie that was conveniently lying on a table near to Ash, who twisted his head round to see what was going on.

"Anabel! Why...how...you were May!" Ash stammered, struggling to think. He had a throbbing headache and could really do with some food, too. "And now you're not May...wha?"

"Yes, everything is restored to normal now." Anabel said, ignoring Ash and speaking into the walkie-talkie. "The specimen is still in her cell. I'll be there soon. Over and out."

"Specimen? Who's that?" Ash yelled. Anabel grinned.

"I'll take you to her. You'll be able to watch the termination."

"Termination?!" Ash screamed. "Anabel, no! What are you doing?"

"It's the plan." Anabel said, her words like venom. Ash could see fire in her eyes, and in the fire everyone was dying. He shut up quickly. Anabel turned her back on him. "I'll arrange for you to be brought over to the cells. See you there." Then she strolled past him and out of the door. He was alone, his Pokeballs were missing, and he was tied up. So what does a teenage boy do in these circumstances?

"LET ME OUUUUUT...!"

Anabel sauntered down the hall, her mind content. It was all going to plan, no setbacks whatsoever. Her black boots hit the floor roughly as she brushed dirt off her grey and white fitted shirt and silver skirt. A door slid open for her and she poked her head around the frame. She spotted two men playing cards at a table in the next room.

"You two," she called to the men, who dropped their cards and stood to a salute, "there's a boy in room C-14 who needs to be taken to the cells. Don't actually put him in a cell, though," she said slowly, "just place him in front of the specimen's cell and make sure he doesn't go anywhere."

"Yes, ma'am." The two men chorused, and set off to find the boy - Ash. Anabel watched them leave, and after she was sure that they were gone, collapsed on one of their chairs. Her wide eyes fluttered shut as she stretched out like a sleepy Persian.

"I'm so tired." she murmured. She rubbed her forehead, groaning. "At least it's over now."

"Not quite, Venus."

Anabel's eyes snapped open and her body straightened immediately. She looked at the woman who had just come into the room in surprise...but also fear.

"Commander Mercury!" Anabel exclaimed, "I was, uh...um..."

"There is no need for explanations." The woman said. She was an old woman, you could plainly see, but she kept such an air of authority and power that you wouldn't ever dare to call her that. Her uniform was unique, a kimono, with a white base and silver trimmings and belt. She wore black boots and no gloves, but instead an elegant jet bracelet on her right wrist. Her hair was pure white and curled around her neck, and her eyes, which still sparkled, were a deep ocean blue.

"I apologise." Anabel breathed. Mercury's impassive face did not change.

"I understand you acquired the key." Mercury said. "Did you report it to the Leader?"

"Yes." Anabel said meekly. In the wake of this woman, she somehow seemed younger.

"That is good." Mercury stated. "You recently found that the specimen was not the one the scroll describes. She is no longer needed."

"I am going to terminate very soon."

"That is good." Mercury repeated. She began to leave, still speaking over her back to Anabel. "Remember, Venus. Now, we only have the one option. You must play your part immaculately."

"I will." Anabel said, as the door closed. She took the remote control out of her pocket and gazed at it, a poisonous smirk forming on her lips. "They'll never see this coming...never..."

Ash landed with a bump on the cold, hard ground. Two men had rudely picked him up and thrown him into the cell block, without even the slightest word to explain what they were doing. He groaned and rubbed his back, and surveyed the damp walls and metal bars all around him.

"You're putting me in prison?" Ash said, "why?"

"Stupid boy, we're not putting you in a cell," answered one of the men, "we're simply letting you visit a...friend."

"Huh?" Ash said, swivelling his head around to face the cell nearest him. A dark figure was slouched against the rear wall, head in hands, making faint snuffling sounds. The door to the prison block slammed behind him, and the figure twitched. Ash looked closely at it. "They're gone now, don't worry," he said, "but...why did they let me see you? Who are you?"

The figure gave a shuddering gasp. It sniffed, wiping its face. Ash could just make out a faint glimmer in its eyes. They were large, round eyes, full of tears and puffy around the sides from crying.

"Ash...is that...really you?" The figure whispered in a distinctly female voice. Ash nodded, dumbstruck. The figure crawled forwards, emerging into the dim light. Now her features were clear, and Ash fell backwards again.

"M...May?"

"Yes. I am the real May." said the figure. She was not like the fake May that Ash had seen before. Her hair was matted, she had dirt on her face and clothes, her eyes were bloodshot and her hands were trembling. She was a small, broken girl, but she was smiling. "It's n-nice to see you." she managed to say, brushing a tear from her cheek.

"You too." Ash said. He suddenly became very angry. "What have they done to you? Anabel...did she do it? Why? How?"

"Yeah." May sniffed. "Oh, you don't wanna hear it all - it's so complicated. I don't know a lot about it myself."

"I've got time." Ash said. "I think..." he stupidly added.

"Okay. I, uh, well. It started, I guess, when I was in Johto. I had already entered a contest by then and had placed very high up. Things were going great, until..." her voice trembled. "I don't know. The first thing I knew I was happily asleep in a hotel bed, dreaming - then I was here, and..."

"She was me." a voice echoed through the prison. Ash and May fixed their gaze on the purple-haired girl who had just entered the block. Anabel continued as she walked up to May's cell. "Our latest invention, the body-swapper. It requires an insane amount of energy to use, but it's worth it, even if it sounds like something out of some bad story. After I had shifted bodies with her, I returned to the base and placed her here before collecting you, Ash. However, I discovered that May was not the...correct specimen during my time as her."

"Huh? I don't understand!" cried Ash. Anabel smiled at him.

"That's what I like about you. You're so sweet! Now, please let me go and take care of May."

"No!" May shouted. Anabel hopped past Ash and unlocked May's cell door. May tried to escape past her, but Anabel grabbed her arm and held a strange-looking gun against May's body.

"Okie dokie. We're all set." Anabel said cheerily, leading a shocked May towards the door of the cell block. Ash stood still for a moment, trying to take it all in. This was all happening too fast for him. What was Anabel going to do? He recalled something she had said to him earlier. 'The Specimen'? 'Termination'?! They were going to kill May!

"I won't let a friend die!" Ash yelled, hurtling himself towards Anabel, who was blown forwards by his push. She squeaked and fell face first onto the floor. May gasped and before Ash could even give the word, she was running out of the door and through the corridors as Ash followed, shouting encouragement. They knew they would not be alone for long. Anabel had already regained her posture, focusing her mind to withstand the pain of a severely bleeding nose. She darted out into the main corridor and produced a Pokeball from her belt.

"You can't outrun this," she said darkly, "Metagross, I choose you!" The metal beast emerged from the red light with a flash and Anabel quickly jumped onto its back. She pointed her finger at the retreating pair of trainers. "Get them!"

"Rrrrrrrrrr!" Her Pokemon roared metallically, lurching down the corridor and after Ash and May.

"It's gaining on us!" May panted, "it'll kill us, it'll kill us!"

"This way!" Ash gasped, guiding May around a corner and picking up speed. Metagross couldn't help itself from continuing down the other corridor and taking a while to come to its senses. Anabel shrieked at it to hurry up, and...it did.

"We can't do this!" May screamed. Ash looked back at the rapidly approaching monster. He had to do something, or it would be on them soon.

Then he got it.

"Keep running, just keep running!" he shouted to his companion as he turned and ran towards their pursuer. He crouched down as the beast ran over him, then jumped up and grabbed hold of a ridge in the metal. He swung his legs up and landed on the Pokemon's back. Anabel didn't have time to react. He grabbed her as she screeched in confusion and pulled Metagross' Pokeball from her belt. He pointed it straight down at the Pokemon.

"Don't you d-" Anabel began, but...

"Return!" Ash announced, and pressed the button. The scarlet light totally immersed the metal Pokemon, before disappearing altogether. Ash and Anabel now were falling, head first, down to the ground. As Ash's eyes saw the floor get ever closer, he managed to shout one last thing out to the escaping girl in red. "Keep...running!"

Then, an almighty crash, and it all went black.

awesome chap, so Ananbel is with Team Galactic?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&May 4EVER View Post
    awesome chap, so Ananbel is with Team Galactic?
    Yup! XD The reason why will be revealed soon! Well, in one chapter in the future...but it will be revealed!

I just read your story today, and it's really good. Ash thinking of Misty again was so sweet, I wonder what's going on with Misty now. When I first read it, and saw it was Haruka who took Ash, I was shocked, but now after reading this chapter, I understand and feel sorry for her. Anabel was the last person I expected to be with TG, I like how your story is coming along, I wonder what will happen to Ash, and if Haruka finds her friends to explain, can't wait for the next chapter.

Could I be on the PM list, please?
    Last edited by WaterKrystal; 14th May 2007 at 6:42 AM.
    Favorite Quote:
    Mr.Moseby (to Zack and Cody) : All right, but I will get the both of you, and your little hawk too.
    - Suite Life of Zack and Cody

Sorry about me not replying sooner, the forum has been really laggy and down

The reaction was immediate. Spirals of hazy light circled every part of May's body. They merged with her, changing her body shape, shortening her hair, giving her new clothes. As it finished the fog cleared, fading into nothingness. May blinked her newly formed eyes like she was seeing the world for the first time.

Except that these weren't May's eyes. This wasn't May at all. What Ash saw was a different person altogether, a person with short purple hair and a depressing grey uniform.

Her name was Anabel.
    I knew it! Nice desciption there

"It's the plan." Anabel said, her words like venom. Ash could see fire in her eyes, and in the fire everyone was dying. He shut up quickly. Anabel turned her back on him. "I'll arrange for you to be brought over to the cells. See you there." Then she strolled past him and out of the door. He was alone, his Pokeballs were missing, and he was tied up. So what does a teenage boy do in these circumstances?
    Again, nice description.

I can't wait till the next chapter gets up!

Hey.

My computer is really being awful to me. We need to get it fixed but not before I go to Belgium on a school history trip. So more delays ahoy. Thanks for all your comments, and I'll try and get the (nearly done) chapter four up as fast as I can. Teaser? I think I need only one word...

Contestshipping.

It begins!