Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Enchanted Sweetening (498)

Default Some Enchanted Sweetening (498)

Some Enchanted Sweetening

On their way through Eterna Forest, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer called Cheryl. She is looking for Sweet Honey so she can get some really rare Pokémon. Having found some Burmy, she learned that it has many different evolved forms. Having obtained three of them, Cheryl is trying to evolve her final Burmy to see what it will become. Team Rocket however have their eyes set on this Worm Family. Will they be stopped?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Pachirisu is offline <- He want da cookie

I saw this episode on T.V. It is pretty awsome. One of the better episodes IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Honestly, I think that the Auraholics went extinct in the anti-Auraholics' genocide. Now they're more like the monsters under the bed that everyone fears but never sees or hears.
    Little kids now have something other than the boogie monster to be afraid of.

The Johto starters in the anime sucked. If you agree copy and paste this in your sig. ~Started by Pachirisu~
    ~Credit goes to Ayra~

What a great episode. Burmy is one comical character. I loved it whenever it used its vine because it looked super-cool, and it was a laugh when it charged at Turtwig but then fell over and lost all its leaves. Speaking of losing its leaves, how the hell does it put it back on? It just seemed to move them around with its head.

Lol at the Burmy/Team Rocket scenes, especially when Wobuffet popped up with a melon and some chocolate on a plate, and when Meowth knocked out Burmy and everyone cheered only for them to suddenly remember that they wanted Burmy to win.

One of the funniest points of the episode, however, was Chansey slapping the hell out of everything and throwing its egg at its opponents. Ouch.

The episode's only downside is that Mothim sounds like a demented sheep :/

LOL Burmy needs to get some glue. Mothim was cool and I liked seeing Wormadam. Wish Ash had gotten to battle all 3 Wormadams and Mothim at the end though. Oh well good episode overall and a nice deubt for Burmy's family.

I didn't like this episode, its a very typical filler where a Pokémon evolves. The Minomadams were very stale, they looked like figures. The Team Rocket plan was very old and Giovanni scenes where very disgusting. I liked when Minomutchi used it's whip but the rest of the episode was a little bit boring. They didn't feature Mothim very well, they should have explained the evolution better.

The animation was great though.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

This episode was a little too 'been there, done that' for my tastes. The whole thing was essentially just a different take on the old Paras episode, only with a more interesting pokémon line and a different motive from Team Rocket. Yeah, it had it's highlights, and it did do a decent job with showcasing everyone's faourite nekkid bug, but I don't think that was enough to save this episode from being rather tedious.

LO...*ahem*
    Maybe it was pretty decent for a Kinoshita episode, but that's not saying much at all. Calling something like this great is a massive overstatement :/

what is the girl doing with them at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by kisei717 View Post
    what is the girl doing with them at the end?
    She will be staying with the group for the next few episodes.

thats cool

cool episode, i loved burmy, im a bit disapointed that Mothim only got about 2mins screentime but at least its in next weeks with Gardenia,

My co-ordinator card for pokemon tropicana http://z8.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Tropicana/index.php?
    I claim Tidetsu as my Bishie

Seviper and Carnivine look awesome together. They look fierce.

So, Staravia is the pokemon that appears in every episode but only 2 seconds. It's been happening a lot. Almost in every episode.

Mothim looks so awesome and Burmy was great! I liked the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    I laughed. I really did. And to think you called the animation in the Pachirisu episode horrible...

Anyways, as Gravy said, this was pretty much a slightly-less-crappy version of "The Problem With Paras" (one of Kanto's worst episodes, for the record). The Giovanni fantasy was so disturbing I couldn't help but chuckle up a storm, though. And since we've been low on new debuts lately, three in one episode certainly is nice. I'm just hoping Wormadam does something in the next two episodes, as it quite literally didn't do a thing here.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

[QUOTE=S.Suikun;6009662]
    The Giovanni fantasy was so disturbing I couldn't help but chuckle up a storm, though.[=QUOTE]

What was Nyrath´s plan anyway? Polish Sakaki with the bug pokemon into an all-shiny speedo-man? ^^;

The episode had decent animation for a kinoshita episode, but that´s all. There were many little colouring errors and a few off-models, the battles were mostly just stale images, but overall Kinoshita improved.
    Still,...calling th animation great...If it wasn´t a comment from MK I´d say it was irony..^^;

I agree with S.Suikun ad Gravy, this episode was too much of a (..should I say it...) rehash...of older evolution-helping episodes that I can´t really enjoy it as much as if it was something new and fresh.

Still, the episode had its moments and wasn´t bad per se.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    What was Nyrath´s plan anyway? Polish Sakaki with the bug pokemon into an all-shiny speedo-man? ^^;
    I think it was something along the lines of finding the sweet honey, and having Giovanni coat himself in the stuff so he could attract lots of (possibly...most likely....definately horny) random pokémon. Innovative!
    Of course, to actually find the honey, they assumedly needed a Garmeil to sniff it out...that's where the whole 'evolve the nekkid bug' stuff came in.

Y'know, I wonder if Gio really does have a body like that, or if it's just Meowth's wishful thinking...

Help episodes are not usually the best episodes because you already know what is going to happen. I think the only "help episode" that I liked was the one with May and the gang helping Swablu to fly.

Nice to see a bit of nod to the girl they meet in this ep being as she helps you through the eterna forest in the game

None the less a good episode.
    Visit Pikachu's Den
    Site Returns After Christmas! =D

I was really impressed by Cheryl's design. She looks great, she would make a great rival for Dawn.

In the game does she have a Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim?

Anyways it wasn't nearly as bad as the Drifloon episode. And hopefully Mothim attacks Gardenia in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaraze View Post
    In the game does she have a Burmy/Wormadam/Mothim?
    No, just Chansey. I wonder if that egg of Chansey's holds the infamous Happiny? It's about to be scrambled by the looks of it!

Weel it's good that the animé is following some of the game elements.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    No, just Chansey. I wonder if that egg of Chansey's holds the infamous Happiny? It's about to be scrambled by the looks of it!
    actually Cheryl has all of these Pokemon when you team up with her in the battle tower
    Snorlax
    Espeon
    Umbreon
    Porygon2
    Blissey (chansey once)
    Milotic
    Latias
    Latios
    Gastrodon
    Porygon-Z
    Cresselia
    ...but no Burmy, Wormadam or Mothim

My co-ordinator card for pokemon tropicana http://z8.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_Tropicana/index.php?
    I claim Tidetsu as my Bishie

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    So if the egg is Happiny, then that means that we are going to have another brain damaged pokemon?

I doubt it because I think Happiny's egg will be obtained in the Cosplay episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    So if the egg is Happiny, then that means that we are going to have another brain damaged pokemon?

I doubt it because I think Happiny's egg will be obtained in the Cosplay episode.
    Um, right.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

It would be interesting if the egg hatched to Happiny and was given to Brock, which he will get anyway.

However, we are getting off-topic from the episode. It looked okay, but I quickly thought of it as another paras-evolution episode from Kanto. I can still remember the episode so well...
    This signature is just a plot device to keep me moving.

Seemed like a nice filler, judgiung from the pics. Great to see taht they're giving us the team uppers, expecially this girl, whose name I've forgotten. SHe has to have one of the best character designs ever. Have to make up for the lack of Team Galactic somehow.
    Oh and a battling Chansey! I liked the Burmy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    I think it was something along the lines of finding the sweet honey, and having Giovanni coat himself in the stuff so he could attract lots of (possibly...most likely....definately horny) random pokémon. Innovative!
    Of course, to actually find the honey, they assumedly needed a Garmeil to sniff it out...that's where the whole 'evolve the nekkid bug' stuff came in.

Y'know, I wonder if Gio really does have a body like that, or if it's just Meowth's wishful thinking...
    SO it's kind of a mix of the Paras episode, the Donphan episode, AND the Shuckle epsiode. Helping a poke evolve, finding something important(Sweeet Honey), and becoming horney to attract pokemon(ala Shuckle's juices).

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Weel it's good that the animé is following some of the game elements.
    Amen to that!

Oh, and so gald I don't have to scourge the internet fro DP anymore! SHOuldn't be too long before we in the US cathch up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast