Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some Enchanted Sweetening (498)

Quote Originally Posted by Teh Roxxorz View Post
    I didn't understand that bit with the bug-types and holding a man's hands...What did she say in Japan?
    I think it's supposed to mean that the grandfather "taught" her ways where a man wouldn't come near her.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Who was the VA for Cheryl?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy View Post
    Who was the VA for Cheryl?
    Not really sure. They don't show who does whom during the credits. However, Michelle Knotz, the new voice actress from Misty, is credited despite not showing up at all. I can only assume that Cheryl is actually voiced by Michelle Knotz. But don't take my word for it.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    Not really sure. They don't show who does whom during the credits. However, Michelle Knotz, the new voice actress from Misty, is credited despite not showing up at all. I can only assume that Cheryl is actually voiced by Michelle Knotz. But don't take my word for it.
    It could be Emily Jeness, cause you see her in the credits.

Overall not a bad episode. Croagunk "trying" to jab Brock but having it taken away by Cheryl who completely ignores Brock and uses that saying to "avoid" him(I don't mean that literally, but you get the idea). Why did this episode remind me so much of "Problem with Paras", having Team Rocket battling it to make it evolve, though there it was to boost confidence.

Here's what confused me: Burmy uses that thing on its head to "fling" Wobbuffet once Ash and co. arrive. Why couldn't it have done this in the first place when battling it originally?

Anyhow, not bad.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Here's what confused me: Burmy uses that thing on its head to "fling" Wobbuffet once Ash and co. arrive. Why couldn't it have done this in the first place when battling it originally?
    Well, duh, they always save their best moves for the end :P

Quote Originally Posted by -Starly- View Post
    Here you go.

Disregarding the edit, it was a pretty good dub. Cheryl sounded like I thought she would, and the Counter VS Protect bit gave me a little chuckle. Only thing that sucked is that Wormadam was shafted to like 15 seconds of screentime.
    OOOMG that's just wrong lol! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Juuhachigou View Post
    OOOMG that's just wrong lol! XD
    Frankly, I'm happy the boss wasn't featured.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Is talking normally such a hard thing to accomplish when it comes to PUSA's version of team rocket?
    Just because we're in America does not mean we constantly need outdated slang from whenever they think is cool >_>

and whoever told these people to use puns every 5 seconds (once again with TR) needs to be slapped.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

good episode i liked burmy and cheryl seems cool as well i liked her grandpa comments a well it reminded me of that paras- parasect episode in kanto too

I liked Cheryl & her voice I thought it was sweet, oh yeah I think PUSA cut out the boss fantasy becuase it was disturbing the watchers would all be like O.O & throwing up >P
    A fan of SpongeBob and a fan of May/Haruka

This Banner is made by Amazingkiss

[IMG]http://i12.*******.com/2djb15c.png[/IMG]
    This Banner is made by Umi Mizuno
    I love May fans & SpongeBob fans

Oh God, Cheryl, Sinnoh's answer to Marina (the Raikou episodes). I've been trying to block out the memory of that character's voice since the three-parter aired. Needless to say I really hated the Eterna Forest three-parter (apart from Gardenia). The burma story was cute, and I LOL'd at the part when burmy lost its leaves and quickly gathered them back up, but Cheryl really ruins this episode. And I like her so much in the games.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Burmy was obviously voiced by Ash's VA. OMG I had a nice laugh watching that XD;

I don't recall seeing that... completely revolting... Boss Scenario in the dub. I hope they cut it... x_x; The pictures absolutely terrify me beyond any level that words can express.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Alright episode. Burmy vs. Wobbuffet was funny, seriously, what did they expect? And Team Rocket spent all that effort feeding and trying to train Burmy only to get pummeled in the end. Shame Wormadam didn't get much focus, but oh well.

Meh it was kinda boring. "I am looking for teh enchanted honey" wut?

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Default Pokemon Orgy! XD

108.jpg

Its dirty!!!!! lol
    Last edited by BogleDominic Crazy Anime; 4th March 2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: mistake

Burmy was just a repeat of Paras from Kanto

Paras wasn't stripped naked several times though.

it was fun to see burmy without it's cloack in this episode, when i first saw an image of it i was assuming it was a stick on leaves with a head

Call me shallow, but I like Momi a lot for her looks, not her personality. While I'm glad they gave a game partner a full three episodes, she is hardly an interesting character. That said, she ranks on the upper tier of Pokemon girls in terms of looks. In her debut, of course, she appears as a green-haired stick figure courtesy of Ms. Kinoshita. If that weren't enough to repulse me, they just had to rehash "The Problem With Paras", which is a candidate for the most horrid episode of the first season. Things like Minomutchi's indecent exposure, the Sakaki fantasy, and the fact that Garmeil is a pretty cool Pokemon save it from being as bad, but it's still bad.

Minomadam is the real victim here. We see its various forms out of their Pokeball for a split second and then never again in Momi's three episodes. Since then, its rock form has gotten a brief appeal under Ulala and nothing else. The entire attempted method for evolving Minomutchi is incredibly boring, using every element that made the Paras outing so dreadful (even recycling Nyasu's involvement). There were a few comical moments sprinkled throughout, but Momi is overall fortunate that the writers gave her an additional two episodes (Mira, who also gets a mediocre episode, is not as lucky).

D+
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Re-watching this episode a few days after seeing HP & tHPP made me realise that Cheryl strongly reminds me of Luna Lovegood, due to her voice and some of the things she keeps on saying.

Something which only made me enjoy this episode so much more the second time around.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Hmm I liked it. Cheryl had an interesting debut episode and she got her own mini-arc; something I wasn't expecting for her character at all. I didn't like that Burmy and it's evolutions appeared in this one though. Sinnoh seems to have debuted many Pokemon at the same time and that made some of the later episodes lag due to a lack of new Pokemon to showcase. Fun Eterna Forest episode nonetheless. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 7th November 2010 at 11:48 PM.

Cheryl was a great trainer. i loved to see her Burmy evolving.

And TR was very mean, but the friends stop them quickly.

5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

This reminded me A LOT of the old Paras episode from Kanto, it was almost exactly the same. Cheryl was depicted well and was pretty close to her game character. This episode was OK, nothing special.

I don't see the Boss fantasy that disturbing, although a bit weird (Especially if he is actually naked, takes notes that there is no shirt anywhere on his arm).

Anyways it was a so and so episode, although I don't think it should have gone on for three episodes (The part that made it interesting was Gardenia, wish she had been in all three, including when they found the Amber Castle).
    Definitely like the Paras episode except for Burmy having no leaves on it. It was nice that evolved aleast.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Alas! Team Rocket did not get any reward after they trained Burmy so well

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast