Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 375

Thread: The Big Anime Move Catalog v.2

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    Also in the new English eps its clear Starly/Staravia knows Whirlwind and not Gust.
    Also, in the actual japanese episodes, Mukkubird knows and uses Gust. I know which one I'm going to believe.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle(England)
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    No.
    So what attack was it? It's tail glowed.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Forums
    Posts
    4,856

    Default

    *Sniff* There goes my legacy...

    Oh well!

    Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    On the original Big Anime Move Catalog, it listed Ash's Bulbasaur as knowing Whirlwind (Bulbasaur and the Hidden Village), Tickle (Who gets to keep Togepi), and Dig (Bulbasaur the Ambassador). Why doesn't it here??
    This topic will never, ever die. It'll be the topic that survives a nuclear holocaust and ends up taking over the globe.

    As Mecha put, there's just too many (annoying) factors involved with trying to pin attacks to these circumstances -- circumstances, mind you, that were brought about by the anime's quirkiness. By the by, it hasn't lost that, has it?

    Quote Originally Posted by crawdauntpro
    So what attack was it? It's tail glowed.
    Just did a quick episode refresher check. Totodile... bites Sneasel's claw, proceeds to pound it a bit, then nabs the win. No tail glowing in sight. Where'd you happen upon such an event?
    V | Faction


    You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Newcastle(England)
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    Just did a quick episode refresher check. Totodile... bites Sneasel's claw, proceeds to pound it a bit, then nabs the win. No tail glowing in sight. Where'd you happen upon such an event?
    I could have sworn I seen it in the English version. Might have just been a random thing.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V Faction View Post
    *Sniff* There goes my legacy...

    V Faction! Good to see you =) I think I´m not the only one who misses your awesome posts...the "Big MoveCatalog" will ever be your catalog in my heart.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    I forgot that Gardenia's Turtwig also knows Bite, it used it against Seviper's Poison Tail.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    290

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Also, in the actual japanese episodes, Mukkubird knows and uses Gust. I know which one I'm going to believe.

    Iota
    Yeah, but Starly/ Staravia can't even learn gust

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Planet X
    Posts
    1,859

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masukippa View Post
    Yeah, but Starly/ Staravia can't even learn gust
    And? For the last time, the games and the animé are NOT the same thing.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

    Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:


    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Ash's Butterfree has used Poisonpowder, but can't pinpoint when, but she was only around less then 20 episodes... shouldn't be hard to find ^^;
    May's Beautifly never used Psychic, unless in a movie.
    Jessie's Seviper used Scary Face, again, can't pinpoint a specific point, but I know people besides me have seen it =P I believe it was during a contest...
    Dawn's Piplup knows BUBBLE not bubbleBEAM =P
    Didn't Brock's Sudowoodo use a Fighting Type Move when it first evolved? O.o;
    Last edited by Myzou; 1st May 2007 at 12:26 PM.

    Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!



  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Beautifly used Psychic when it was brought back with Skitty for May's last few episodes.

    Piplup knows Bubblebeam, not BUBBLE. If you actually watched the japanese show, you'd know that. As stated before, Bubble is "awa", wheras the move always ordered is "baboru kousen", which is Bubblebeam.

    Not sure on Butterfree or Seviper, but I'm pretty sure all Sudowoodo used after it evolved was Double-Edge and Mimic.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Beautifly used Psychic when it was brought back with Skitty for May's last few episodes.
    Piplup knows Bubblebeam, not BUBBLE. If you actually watched the japanese show, you'd know that.
    Not sure on Butterfree or Seviper, but I'm pretty sure all Sudowoodo used after it evolved was Double-Edge and Mimic.

    Iota
    Yes, but in the english version, she clearly said BUBBLE <.<

    and about psychic, do you know what episode? I have to see it =D

    Also: Why isn't Ash's Haunter on there? He had it for more episodes then jessie had shellder or james had magikarp <.<

    and shouldn't most of ash's pokemon get fly put there? >.>; since they all fly up in the air <.<

    One more thing: Didn't the Orange Island League Drake have his gengar use shadow ball? I thought it was Shadow Ball and Ice Beam from Lapras that collided in an explosion, or was that Night Shade? The episode guide on serebii says dream eater, but lapras wasnt asleep, and that doesnt make sense, I remember shadow ball, but it may have been dream eater, either way, neither is on the list ^^;
    Last edited by Myzou; 1st May 2007 at 12:36 PM.

    Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!



  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Yes, but in the english version, she clearly said BUBBLE <.<

    and about psychic, do you know what episode? I have to see it =D
    No, she did NOT. Listen to it again and pay attention this time. Until it recently learned Whirlpool, Piplup's Water attack has always been Bubblebeam. Beautifly used Psychic in the ep where May brought it back for the contest battle against Ash.

    Don't claim to know things when you haven't even seen all the episodes and therefore obviously can't back yourself up.

    I'll double-check Staravia's Gust, but I can't remember where that was first claimed. I know it was when Ash sent it out to blow away Seviper's Haze, but I can't remember which episode that was.

    Gengar's attack was Night Shade, IIRC.
    Last edited by Geodude; 1st May 2007 at 12:41 PM.

    Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Starly first used it in it's first episode.

    Wasn't Beautifly and Skitty the Drew contest battle? Not Ash.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    No, she did NOT. Listen to it again and pay attention this time. Until it recently learned Whirlpool, Piplup's Water attack has always been Bubblebeam. Beautifly used Psychic in the ep where May brought it back for the contest battle against Ash.

    Don't claim to know things when you haven't even seen all the episodes and therefore obviously can't back yourself up.

    I'll double-check Staravia's Gust, but I can't remember where that was first claimed. I know it was when Ash sent it out to blow away Seviper's Haze, but I can't remember which episode that was.

    Gengar's attack was Night Shade, IIRC.
    Yea, I'm not sure about Gengar, hence why I checked, and considering if you recall correctly, you're not 100% either >.< I just remember Ice Beam colliding with something and it going boom, and the episode guide made me confused -.-

    But Still Curious why ash's haunter isn't on there under ash and sabrina o.O;

    and Currently looking for the episode butterfree used poison powder and seviper used scary face.

    Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!



  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Haunter was never in a Pokéball. Shellder and Magikarp were. They were officially owned by the character for even a small time.

    So for the same reason, Haunter isn't on Ash's roster since it only agreed to help, not become part of his team. Although, going by those standards, Beedrill and Seaking should technically be on there too. But neither of those did anything at all. Beedrill went straight to Casey. Seaking was put back.

    Shellder was a big plot point for that episode, even though it would have been a lot better if Jessie had got to keep it.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    Haunter was never in a Pokéball. Shellder and Magikarp were. They were officially owned by the character for even a small time.

    So for the same reason, Haunter isn't on Ash's roster since it only agreed to help, not become part of his team. Although, going by those standards, Beedrill and Seaking should technically be on there too. But neither of those did anything at all. Beedrill went straight to Casey. Seaking was put back.

    Shellder was a big plot point for that episode, even though it would have been a lot better if Jessie had got to keep it.

    Iota
    Granted, but at the same time, Noland has articuno there, and it even states he doesn't own it =P

    And Seviper: It was Glare, not Scary Face.

    Looked it up on bulbapedia, http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ie%27s_Seviper

    It has Poison Fang and Lick listed too, Bulbapedia is 99% of the time correct, the creator should go through it... ^^; (Btw, I looked in history to make sure it wasn't just spam xD) Only problem with it is that it doesnt say when it was used >.<

    EDIT: It didn't strike me as odd until right this minute... Pikachu has never used Thunderwave o.O;
    Last edited by Myzou; 1st May 2007 at 1:05 PM.

    Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!



  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    But the difference there is that:

    Yes, it states he owns it. But Articuno, whether owned or not, was a big part of Nolands team, and had a huge battle with Charizard. Therefore, it has to be entered, to not make Nolands team look empty.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    But the difference there is that:

    Yes, it states he owns it. But Articuno, whether owned or not, was a big part of Nolands team, and had a huge battle with Charizard. Therefore, it has to be entered, to not make Nolands team look empty.

    Iota
    I give up -.- Haunter was with ash for 2 episodes, if Articuno is on there, Haunter should be, without Haunter, Ash would've never gotten Sabrina's badge. >.> It was a big part of the episode, just like as you said, Jessie's Shellder was ~.~, as I said before, I give up arguing, you guys consider certain pokemon more important then others apparently :/

    Though, I am interested in why Larvitar isn't there... Yes, ash never "caught" him, but he was with ash for a very long time, and even battled for ash on multiple occasions...

    Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!



  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    Haunter isn't important at all. If he was on there, Larvitar would have to go on there. So would Beedrill and Seaking. And how pointless would that be? Showing Pokémon the characters interacted with in a short amount of time. We know Ash only interacted with Haunter for two episodes, and only ever considered him helping him for about 3 minutes.

    We also know that Articuno and Noland have known eachother for a while, and been friends. In this case, Larvitar would be on there a long time before Haunter was.

    And in such an event, people would screw. Larvitar wasn't his. Haunter wasn't his. Noland technically didn't own Articuno, but it was his.

    Get over it.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  20. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Again, you guys have different ideas of what owning is. Larvitar grew to love ash, and cried when he had to depart, how is that not being ash's pokemon.

    Owning a pokemon, being its friend, having it battle for you. The only thing he didn't do was catch it in a pokeball, which he would've done if he didn't have to bring it back to it's mom.

    Anyways, since everything I say is wrong to you, here's proof of something.

    http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/up...Takeshi%21.jpg

    From Bulbapedia, Sudowoodo using Take Down, it also has

    * Fake Tears
    * Take Down
    * Faint Attack
    * Double-Edge
    * Flail
    * Mimic
    * Headbutt

    You really should looka t bulbapedia -.-

    EDIT: You know, I have one more thing to say, if the writers don't consider Larvitar his, Why was it present in Spurt! along with it's mother? >.> I could care less what you say. Larvitar was with Ash a while, they developed a bond, and if not for Tyranitar, you KNOW he wouldv'e caught it. Larvitar protected ash, Ash protected larvitar, they were friends, just as you said, Articuno was nolands because they had a bond, how is their's different then ash and larvitar? >.>

    I swear, if Larvitar comes back in the future, I expect an apology ^.~
    Last edited by Myzou; 1st May 2007 at 1:18 PM.

    Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!



  21. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    I'd rather watch the japanese episodes myself to see the attacks they use, thanks, which I do.

    Sudowoodo does not have Headbutt. It was using Double-Edge. Not Take-Down.

    Yes, I consider that for a while Larvitar was Ash's Pokémon. But only in the same way Articuno was. How can you use this logic for Haunter? I notice you didn't mention him once in your post.

    Also, where is the proof of this fighting type move you think Sudowoodo used?

    Remember. The thigns you and I might think aren't the views of everyone. Yes, I think Larvitar was Ash's Pokémon, but it in no way belonged to him. That Golduck battled for and came to love Misty.

    Was it hers?

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    I'd rather watch the japanese episodes myself to see the attacks they use, thanks, which I do.

    Sudowoodo does not have Headbutt. It was using Double-Edge. Not Take-Down.

    Yes, I consider that for a while Larvitar was Ash's Pokémon. But only in the same way Articuno was. How can you use this logic for Haunter? I notice you didn't mention him once in your post.

    Also, where is the proof of this fighting type move you think Sudowoodo used?

    Remember. The thigns you and I might think aren't the views of everyone. Yes, I think Larvitar was Ash's Pokémon, but it in no way belonged to him. That Golduck battled for and came to love Misty.


    Was it hers?

    Iota
    Ok, Again, your logic.

    Larvitar was at one point ashes, as you said, yet it's not on the list. Primeape is, and ash had it for what? like 2 episodes? while he had larvitar for 20+? the only difference being larvitar and him were friends and wasnt caught in a pokeball.

    By your logic, the times Pikachu used Agility against Lt., Surge are just Quick attack. Bulbapedia have people that speak japanese, just because it appears to be double edge, does no mean that it is.

    and no, Golduck was NOT misty's, as she thought it was psyduck, if she didn't in no way would she have treated it like that, she would've wanted it, but she wouldn't have battled with it.

    Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!



  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    How does any of this have absolutely anything to do with Pikachu's attacks? I think it might be your logic that needs fine-tuning, mate.

    Who's saying I don't speak japanese? I know it was Double-Edge because I've watched the show. I've got an idea for you.

    Go and watch the anime. Get your own facts, not ones from a site that is "99% of the time correct". Get your own 100% correct facts and maybe people will listen to you.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  24. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    How does any of this have absolutely anything to do with Pikachu's attacks? I think it might be your logic that needs fine-tuning, mate.

    Who's saying I don't speak japanese? I know it was Double-Edge because I've watched the show. I've got an idea for you.

    Go and watch the anime. Get your own facts, not ones from a site that is "99% of the time correct". Get your own 100% correct facts and maybe people will listen to you.

    Iota
    As you said, Get your own facts. I DO watch BOTH animes, I just don't recall NAMES, so I look them up at sites that are known to be trustworthy.

    Secondly, as I said, you said: It was using Double-Edge. Not Take-Down.

    They look similar, Such as Agility and quick attack. Hence my EXAMPLE, god -.-

    I swear, I could say Pikachu knows Iron Tail and you'd argue against that >.>

    Trainer Card and Template Made By Me!
    My Future Pearl Team!



  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    I would. It's blatantly Arse Whip that he's using.

    Gawsh.

    We're spamming up the place now. So seriously, let's both get over it.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •