I just re-started my Fire Red game because I want to try and get a shiny Charmander. I know that there is a 1 in 8,000 something chance of getting it but I figure I'd try anyways. So I've got a few questions as to how to go about doing this:
1) When I press A while looking at one of the starter pokemon, a picture of that pokemon comes up. Does this picture represent if they are shiny or not? Or do I have to look at the summary of that pokemon to find out?
2) Can I save the game right in front of the pokeball containing Charmander and get a different one every time I reset? Or will it always be the same unshiny Charmander?
3) Is there an easier way to get a shiny Charmander? Such as breeding a Charizard with another shiny pokemon.
4) Is there a way to turn off the "previously on your quest..." scenes to speed up the reset time.
5) Is it even possible to get a shiny Charmander this way?
6) Is it easier to get a shiny Charmander by breeding as opposed to turning off the game and trying again?
7) In case I give up is there anyone who has a shiny Charmander who is willing to trade over the Nintendo Wi-Fi service once they get Diamond/Pearl? The only shiny I have right now is a Crobat.
I have an Emerald version and a Fire Red which I just restarted.