Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 430

Thread: The Standalone Pokémon club

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default The Standalone Pokémon club

    Since in the rules it strictly states that you can't make a club based on one pokémon and some pokémon don't actually have an evolutionary line, I came up with the simple idea of a club that includes ALL these pokémon with no evolutions.

    And so I present, THE STANDALONE POKÉMON CLUB!

    Are you a fan of Kangaskhan? Qwilfish? Tropius? Chatot? If so, then this club is for the club for you. Simply state which standalone pokémon you like and why you like it using the form below.

    Usual club rules apply, but here's a quick rundown:

    1 - the usual forum rules apply like normal.

    2 - No one-liners, they will either be ignored or reported.

    3 - Don't overuse smilies, one per post is more than necessary (aside from the members list ;])

    Form

    Name you want to go by:
    Favourite standalone pokémon (name and national dex number):
    Reason why:
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon:
    and/or
    manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon:

    Members List

    Atari
    Aura Master
    Brodioh
    Chaotic Tyrant
    Dooplissotto
    Handymankg2 (First member)
    IcyDragon0605
    InfamousMrJ
    Missingno. Master
    Mr. Joker
    Mr. Yoshi
    noobiess
    Pearl's Perap (club owner)
    pokemon-expert-chris
    Sapphire Phoenix
    Shadow_Dusknoir (brought to my attention that Shedinja is in fact a standalone in its own right :})
    ShinyVaati
    starliteevee
    Stoc15
    Supergalactic
    Tomato-kun
    TurtwigFan1
    YodaSlocker
    Zorg

    Media

    Banners courtesy of Sapphire Phoenix;



    http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...enewbanner.png



    http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...nnerBETTER.png

    Example Topics

    Which standalone pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
    What is your favourite picture of your favourite standalone pokémon?
    Out of all the standalone Pokemon, who do you think would win a fight between all of them?
    Do you have any level 100 standalone pokémon?
    What would be the perfect episode/manga chapter starring your favourite standalone pokémon?

    ---

    Incase you can't remember if you love a certain standalone pokémon, here's a list:

    1st Gen - Farfetch'd, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Tauros, Lapras, Ditto, Aerodactyl

    2nd Gen - Unown, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Heracross, Corsola, Delibird, Skarmory, Stantler, Smeargle, Miltank

    3rd Gen - Shedinja*, Sableye, Mawile, Plusle, Minun, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Spinda, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Castform, Kecleon, Tropius, Absol, Relicanth, Luvdisc

    4th Gen - Pachirisu, Chatot, Spiritomb, Carnivine, Rotom

    * Despite Shedinja requiring the evolution of a Nincada to come about, it does not evolve into or from another pokémon, making it a standalone pokémon in its own right
    Last edited by Pearl's Perap; 11th March 2009 at 3:07 AM.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Name you want to go by: Handymankg2 (Handy)
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Smeargle (Tauros also)
    Reason why: Smeargle is such a crazy Pokemon, with insane artistic skills, and plus the design is really awesome. I have loved it ever since I saw it in the anime. Tauros is also a favourite for its design, and I like the idea of a male only bull Pokemon, but expect next Gen it will become no longer a stand alone.
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I can't remember the episode name, but the one where the man uses the Smeargles as artists for himself, to make the town a lot better. This inspired my love for Smeargle.
    Greetings, I'm still a PASBLer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handymankg2 View Post
    Name you want to go by: Handymankg2 (Handy)
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Smeargle (Tauros also)
    Reason why: Smeargle is such a crazy Pokemon, with insane artistic skills, and plus the design is really awesome. I have loved it ever since I saw it in the anime. Tauros is also a favourite for its design, and I like the idea of a male only bull Pokemon, but expect next Gen it will become no longer a stand alone.
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I can't remember the episode name, but the one where the man uses the Smeargles as artists for himself, to make the town a lot better. This inspired my love for Smeargle.
    Congratulations, you're our first member :P

    I like the design of both Tauros and Miltank, but I can see next generation bringing a pre-evo for them that it obtained by breeding the two together.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  4. #4

    Default

    Can I join?

    Name you want to go by: Chris
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Sableye
    Reason why: Its design is awesome and it doesn't have any type weaknesses.

    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Ready, Willing and Sableye!
    Credit to Flame Master 14




    Credit to Gladeshadow

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shamouti Island
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    I'd like to join!

    Name you want to go by: Sapphire
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Tropius
    Reason why: I really like how Tropius looks, and it's been a good pokemon to me in Emerald.
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon:
    and/or
    manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon
    : Man, I can't say since I basically missed all of the Hoenn episodes. But I'll have to say I liked it's 2 seconds of fame in Jirachi: Wish Maker...
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Name you want to go by: Stark-sama
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Carnivine
    Reason why: You gotta love a Pokemon that actually has a blood-lust! And, I like the fact that Carnivine is designed in a very neat fashion.
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Bascially every single episode in the Sinnoh arc that includes James' Carnivine.

    Hope I get in!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon-expert-chris View Post
    Can I join?

    Name you want to go by: Chris
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Sableye
    Reason why: Its design is awesome and it doesn't have any type weaknesses.

    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Ready, Willing and Sableye!
    You're in, I like Sableye too, the design of it is great. Definitely one of my favourite Hoenn pokémon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Phoenix View Post
    I'd like to join!

    Name you want to go by: Sapphire
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Tropius
    Reason why: I really like how Tropius looks, and it's been a good pokemon to me in Emerald.
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon:
    and/or
    manga chapter/s featuring this pokémon
    : Man, I can't say since I basically missed all of the Hoenn episodes. But I'll have to say I liked it's 2 seconds of fame in Jirachi: Wish Maker...
    You're in ;D

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoc15 View Post
    Name you want to go by: Stark-sama
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Carnivine
    Reason why: You gotta love a Pokemon that actually has a blood-lust! And, I like the fact that Carnivine is designed in a very neat fashion.
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: Bascially every single episode in the Sinnoh arc that includes James' Carnivine.

    Hope I get in!
    You're in also, Jame's Carnivine is amazing, definitely one of the better Sinnoh pokémon in the series

    Okay, I'ma set a topic now we have a few members

    Which standalone pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  8. #8

    Default

    I'll join.

    Name you want to go by: Tyrant or Chaos, doesn't matter to me.
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Pinsir (Absol being my second favorite)
    Reason why: I remember back in the First Generation, when Pinsir was the star of my team, and the only usable Bug type other thana Scyther. Then Heracross came around, a cheap rip-off that was used more because of his better typing.
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I don't really keep track of the anime, but I remember back in the Jhoto Journies episodes when there was a episode where a swarm of Pinsir and a swarm of Heracross where fighting for control of the forest.
    Last edited by Evilyn; 20th December 2008 at 2:46 AM.

  9. #9

    Default

    Thanks for letting me join!
    Which standalone pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
    Maybe Kanghaskan and Tauros+Milktank with pre-evos...And maybe Quilfish with an evolution...The others are fine just as they are right now.
    Credit to Flame Master 14




    Credit to Gladeshadow

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Which standalone Pokemon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
    Kanghaskan, obviously. That baby has deserved an pre-evolution for years! But anyway, I can list a few others: Miltank, Tauros, Quilfish, Carnivine, Tropius and the most epic Pokemon (not really), Pachirisu.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indeed.
    Posts
    456

    Default

    Name you want to go by: = Idrag, icydragon, I_D.
    Favourite standalone pokémon: = Aerodactyl
    Reason why: = I always loved the fossil poemon, aerodactyl because he's rock and flying type. Also because some call him a dragon
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: In Pokemon Chronicles: The episode when Gary and friends meet a baby/hurt Aerodactyl.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Tyrant View Post
    I'll join.

    Name you want to go by: Tyrant or Chaos, doesn't matter to me.
    Favourite standalone pokémon: Pinsir (Absol being my second favorite)
    Reason why: I remember back in the First Generation, when Pinsir was the star of my team, and the only usable Bug type other thana Scyther. Then Heracross came around, a cheap rip-off that was used more because of his better typing.
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: I don't really keep track of the anime, but I remember back in the Jhoto Journies episodes when there was a episode where a swarm of Pinsir and a swarm of Heracross where fighting for control of the forest.
    You're in, I remember that episode back in the day, as much as I loved Ash's Heracross, I hate how Heracross overshadowed and basically replaced a good pokémon like Pinsir

    Quote Originally Posted by IcyDragon0605 View Post
    Name you want to go by: = Idrag, icydragon, I_D.
    Favourite standalone pokémon: = Aerodactyl
    Reason why: = I always loved the fossil poemon, aerodactyl because he's rock and flying type. Also because some call him a dragon
    Favourite episode/s featuring this pokémon: In Pokemon Chronicles: The episode when Gary and friends meet a baby/hurt Aerodactyl.
    As are you :]

    Seems like people have been wanting the baby Kangaskhan as an actual pokémon for years now, I know I have. I'm hoping that they do something more with Stantler and Qwilfish, too, maybe even Dunsparce.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    349

    Default

    @Pearl's Perap
    Heracross always was a cheap knockoff of Pinsir, but then Nintendo hypnotized gamers all over the world to obey this beetle Pokemon. If only Pinsir still had dominance in the Pokemon world. (sighs) Anyway, a Dunsparce evolution was good. Did everybody remember that one place in FireRed and LeafGreen where after you beat the Elite Four, that the place only had Dunsparce? If you did, let me just say that was so annoying just hoping that Dunsparce wouldn't be the only Pokemon there. And that's why I want Dunsparce to have an evolution.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shamouti Island
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    Yay, thanks for letting me join

    Which standalone pokémon do you think will have pre-evolutions or evolutions in the fifth generation?
    I'd like to see the Kangaskhan baby as one. Or a Tropius pre-evo. Actually, I could see any standalone pokemon getting a pre-evo...
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    349

    Default

    @Sapphire Phoenix
    Welcome to the club. A new member makes every day better! Anyway, the Kangaskhan baby evolution is one of the most wanted Pokemon in the history of mankind. This has been posted on so many forms, that it gives me a headache thinking about all the possibilities. The Tropius pre-evo sounds like a good idea, although I want a regular evolution for Tropius. And I have to agree with you, a lot of Pokemon that have no evos deserve evos. (Absol, anybody?)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shamouti Island
    Posts
    1,679

    Default

    I agree with you on many points Stoc15. I would like to see a plan evolution for Tropius instead of a pre-evo, and an Absol evolution would be cool. I have a feeling that those two are going to get some sort of evolution in the 5th gen.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

  17. #17

    Default

    Yeah, if they make a 5th Gen they HAVE to put the kangaskhan pre-evo as a new pokemon. A tropius evolution would be great too, but I want absol without an evolution, in my opinion absol is fine as it is right now.
    Credit to Flame Master 14




    Credit to Gladeshadow

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    One pokémon, contrary to what you might think, that I don't want to evolve is Perap (Chatot), simply because the design of the pokémon is fine as it, for now at least.

    I wont be best pleased if it gets a pre/evo in the next generation, when there's other pokémon that need 'em. I think an Absol pre-evolution would be nice, since I find it good enough to be a final pokémon. Same with Tropius, really.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon-expert-chris View Post
    Yeah, if they make a 5th Gen they HAVE to put the kangaskhan pre-evo as a new pokemon. A tropius evolution would be great too, but I want absol without an evolution, in my opinion absol is fine as it is right now.
    I don't understand why it wasn't just it's pre-evo in the first generation, really. Or it's baby form when babies were introduced in the second generation ;/

    NEED MOAR MEMBAZ
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    One pokémon, contrary to what you might think, that I don't want to evolve is Perap (Chatot), simply because the design of the pokémon is fine as it, for now at least.

    I wont be best pleased if it gets a pre/evo in the next generation, when there's other pokémon that need 'em. I think an Absol pre-evolution would be nice, since I find it good enough to be a final pokémon. Same with Tropius, really.



    I don't understand why it wasn't just it's pre-evo in the first generation, really. Or it's baby form when babies were introduced in the second generation ;/

    NEED MOAR MEMBAZ
    I agree, Chatot is fine without any evolutions, and they better have the kangaskhan pre-evo in the 5th Gen if they make one (although it should have been made a long time ago).
    Also, a pre-evo of Absol would be fine with me, just not an evolution.
    Credit to Flame Master 14




    Credit to Gladeshadow

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon-expert-chris View Post
    I agree, Chatot is fine without any evolutions, and they better have the kangaskhan pre-evo in the 5th Gen if they make one (although it should have been made a long time ago).
    Also, a pre-evo of Absol would be fine with me, just not an evolution.
    I have ideas of it being the polar opposite to Absol, as in, rather than being the disaster pokémon, it brings luck and prosperity.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    349

    Default

    Maybe I could make a banner for the club and advertise. Or I could get my bestest friend to come over here and make the banner for us. He is the one who made my banners (some of them) so here is the guy: Metamance!

    Anyway, Absol is awesome right now, but I think it would be good for an evo. I don't understand or imagine what a pre-evo would look like. It would probably Absol in chibi form, but that's just me.

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl's Perap View Post
    I have ideas of it being the polar opposite to Absol, as in, rather than being the disaster pokémon, it brings luck and prosperity.
    That is not a bad idea at all! But if they did that I would rather have them somewhat like plusle and minun than having one evolving into the other...Or maybe have a pre-evo that evolves into absol if its happiness is low and if its happiness is high enough it evolves into the other one!
    Credit to Flame Master 14




    Credit to Gladeshadow

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Stoke-on-Trent
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoc15 View Post
    Maybe I could make a banner for the club and advertise. Or I could get my bestest friend to come over here and make the banner for us. He is the one who made my banners (some of them) so here is the guy: Metamance!

    Anyway, Absol is awesome right now, but I think it would be good for an evo. I don't understand or imagine what a pre-evo would look like. It would probably Absol in chibi form, but that's just me.
    A banner would be great, I can only make very basic stuff on Photoshop, hence why there's nothing here so far x_x

    As for the Absol pre-evo, I could imagine it as a chibi Absol, too, it's just such an original pokémon, it's hard to imagine it having a pre/evo.

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemon-expert-chris View Post
    That is not a bad idea at all! But if they did that I would rather have them somewhat like plusle and minun than having one evolving into the other...Or maybe have a pre-evo that evolves into absol if its happiness is low and if its happiness is high enough it evolves into the other one!
    Yeahh, that would be good, actually, I like that idea quite a lot.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

    FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In your closet
    Posts
    349

    Default

    @Pokemon Expert Chris
    These are all good ideas, and they help to support many theories. It would be nice to see a creative idea like the one Pearl's Perap came up with. Seriously, it's almost like the people who go on here are going to be workers for Nintendo! XD.

  25. #25

    Default

    Thanks! I am glad you liked the idea. As for how the Absol pre-evo would look like, I have absolutely no idea...Maybe a chibi Absol with half its body dark and the other half bright..
    Credit to Flame Master 14




    Credit to Gladeshadow

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •