Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Grass-Type Is Always Greener (499)

Funny episode. It was the debut of my second favourite Gym Leader, first being Flannery. A great Leader with a bizarre but hilarious Grass Pokemon obsession and enthusiasm. Leaf Storm was a bit disappointing though, I was expecting something a bit better. Laughed at Team Rocket in their mummy costumes and their Wii advertising.

Yay Gardenia, i love her.

Her Turtwig was really well trained and she loves Grass types as much as me

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Gardenia proved that she may look cute and everything, but that she's amazing when it comes to strategies in battle. I loved this episode because I loe Gardenia and I also love Turtwig, so there couldn't have been a better combination. Felt a bit sad for Ash losing though.

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

it was a good battle i must say that, i look forward to the next episode.

Nice episode, Gardenia is a good gym leader what she showes up really well
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

As those of you just now tuning in have no doubt figured out by now, while Diamond & Pearl may be my favorite saga, I hardly kiss its *** in the slightest. Episodes have to deserve high marks.

Fortunately, Natane's debut exceeds probably the ten episodes before it. Introducing a gym leader prior to their respective town is a great idea, especially since it gives a chance to really flesh out the character beforehand. And speaking of fleshed-out characters, Natane is undoubtedly one of the wackiest and most vibrant gym leaders in the entire series. Her entire masochistic routine with grass Pokemon is outright hysterical, especially once Kojiro enters the picture. Thanks to some wild Iwane expressions, it's highly entertaining on a visual front as well. I'm fine with the admittedly uninteresting Momi story taking a backseat here, although we do get more insight into Natane's knowledge through it.

The episode isn't perfect; in spite of giving us the classic name jumble known as Muku.MOWER, the battle is pretty lame. I know they were saving the real action for the real gym match, but I'd like to see something longer than two minutes (and I'd also like to see Cherinbo do something). And besides, Melissa would get a much lengthier pre-gym match. Still, this episode is highly entertaining that actually leaves a lot of breathing room for Natane's development once they hit Hakutai City, and Natane is such an amusing character that she gives life to any situation.

A-
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I liked this episode and the reason is because of Gardenia really, she really is something else compared to all the gym leaders, she's not my fav but she defiently is someone with a interesting and kooky personality, and I never seen anyone so happy to be hit by pin missle. Although I got a question about Gardenia's hair, at the back that is black hair at the bottom of the red right? It seems a bit weird to me but Gardenia being a pretty one and a interesting personality outcancels that.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

cant believe staravia lost......
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

I liked the fact that Natane (Gardenia) appeared a few episodes before Eterna City.

Heck I'm glad she appeared in like 4 episodes so far. It was nice to see her Turtwig's speed too. 8/10

Too bad that Ash lost....

I loved to see Gardenia's Turtwig. it was stronger then Ash's, and faster.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Great episode. Gardenia was really nice and I found it funny how she was so obsessed with Grass Type Pokemon, she was like how Brock is with girls. She was also a good trainer and her Turtwig was extremely fast and made Ash's Turtwig and Staravia look like they were moving in slow motion, I can't wait to see their official Gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I liked the fact that Natane (Gardenia) appeared a few episodes before Eterna City.

Heck I'm glad she appeared in like 4 episodes so far. It was nice to see her Turtwig's speed too. 8/10
    I like how all of the sinnoh gym leaders (so far) have appeared more than once during the series. It's nice to have more of a background on the gym leaders.

The battle VS Gardenia was too short. She won too easily.
    Ash's still has a lot to improve if he wants to win the badge...

I wonder why Gardenia doesn't have every grass type pokemon in eterna forest the way she gets crazy when she sees one

This episode was ok... It was cool to see the 2nd Gym Leader Gardenia for the 1st time. It was cool to see Ash have a battle against her Turtwig. Gardenia's Turtwig is stronger than Ash's Staravia and Turtwig at this episode. It was cool to see Cherubi for the 1st time, it's fast. It was interesting to find out that Gardenia's Turtwig knew Leech Seed and Leaf Storm.

50/100

toasted tv is replaying the DP Eps and this one was on the other day
    Gardenia Was So Annoying
    How Can James Be A Bad Guy When He Got Grass pokemon

I giggled when my poor sis Cheryl got tangled in vines. I also screamed when Jessie tripped over Kakuna and TR got chased by a swarm of angry Beedrill. Anyway, I was so impressed by Gardenia; her Cherubi may have flopped, but seeing her Turtwig slay Ash's Turtwig and Staravia made me cheer. Her love of Grass-types was also fun to watch.

Don't really have much to say about this episode other than that TEam Rocket looked hilarious all covered in bandages.

"Listen, mummy mouth!"
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234