Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Grass-Type Is Always Greener (499)

Default The Grass-Type Is Always Greener (499)

The Grass-Type Is Always Greener!

While travelling through Eterna Forest with their new friend Cheryl, Ash & Co. come across the Eterna Gym Leader; Gardenia. Upon learning that shes the gym leader, Ash is eager to challenge her. However, when she sends out her Turtwig and Cherubi, could Ash be facing a tougher battle than he anticipated?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I really thought this was an entertaining episode. It was fun to see Gardenia be masochistic and have Carnivine and Cacnea attack her. Also, it seemed to me that Cheryl and her bonded a little in the middle.

Poor Staravia, running into the bushes and getting hit be Leaf Storm has got to be giving it more brain damage.

Well, I'm looking forward to the last of the three Cheryl epis with its "EVOL COMBIIS", and the new art team.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

I´ll make it short:

This episode was HIGHLY entertainung to me.

Natane alone is reason enough to like this episode. A highly entertaining,hyper character. Definitely looking forward to the gym battle.

Kojiro had many nice scenes,the Utsubot cameo, the whole motto was brilliant, Takeshi blushing because of Momi sitting on him on him, Nyarth´s Wii-device (after the Wii-mote from an older Iwane episode ^^ ), Hikari punching Takeshi, Natane´s and Satoshi´s (rahter short) battle, the awesome Iwane animation,...the list goes on and on.

Too bad that Cherinbo did next to nothing, just like Momi´s other Pokemon.

It looks like Mitsuhoney will be "cel-shaded" in all of its appearances.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

it looked like ash was depressed after losing in one of those pictures,but then again i guess if i were him i would be to,his record sucks in this region so far,i think he`s won a battle like what-three times?(outside of team rocket)

I didn't like this episode, nothing really happened. It lacked a solid plot and the introduction of Gardenia was random. However, I loved how they portraied leaf storm, it was very creative. The animation was good but Pokemon has lost its deep plot and has become into just entretainment.

ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

Quote Originally Posted by marrycherrylips View Post
    it looked like ash was depressed after losing in one of those pictures,but then again i guess if i were him i would be to,his record sucks in this region so far,i think he`s won a battle like what-three times?(outside of team rocket)
    Kinda weird conisder it isn't that long ago he beat Regiice.
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

^ Would somebody PLEASE shake him? Here we go again with the "Pikachu and Ash beat Regice" crapola again. Gah!
    And I'm pretty burned about that battle between Ash and Gardenia. It was just a watered down gym battle. Not to mention a lame excuse to make him have a rematch with her (at the gym) to get his revenge. Other than that, a pretty solid episode. Loved the dinner Carnivine made of Gardenia's head.
    Last edited by PANCAKE; 27th April 2007 at 3:51 PM.
    Monkeys are rather expensive :-|

It was just a watered down gym battle. Not to mention a lame excuse to make him have a rematch with her (at the gym) to get his revenge.
    I´m not sure, but I think Natane´s Gymleader-status wasn´t revealed in this episode.

I hope every Gymleader in Shino is handeled like the last 2 because they deserve it.

I didn't like this episode, nothing really happened. It lacked a solid plot and the introduction of Gardenia was random. However, I loved how they portraied leaf storm, it was very creative. The animation was good but Pokemon has lost its deep plot and has become into just entretainment.
    not ALL pokemon episodes need a deep,meaningfull plot. Some are just there for entertainment...hell,...it IS ( and ever was) an advertising anime after all.

Why was Leaf Storm so creative? It looked like a Leafstorm in the games. The kick-*** animation made it look very powerful, though
    Last edited by TeddiUrsa; 27th April 2007 at 4:05 PM.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Natane already has 1000000 times more personality in her one episode than Hyouta did in his 4 episodes.

The battle itself was okay, but the episode on the whole was pretty entertaining, particularly Natane interacting with Kojiro's Pokes. Definite improvement over last week's, especially animation-wise.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    I´m not sure, but I think Natane´s Gymleader-status wasn´t revealed in this episode.
    Oh really? Then again you're right, she just kinda jumped outta the blue and had a battle with Ash.

Sorry, Japanese is like another language to me. Oh wait....

I must agree though about the gym leaders having more than a few episodes. I just hope they don't make the losses/Paul battles a habit.
    Last edited by PANCAKE; 27th April 2007 at 4:15 PM.

What was Jessie so ticked off about?

Did Ash get the forest badge...?

Looks like Brock get jealous of James?
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

He didn't even win; and even if he had, it wasn't an official gym match anyways.

It's a shame Staravia has such a bad record. I blame him; had Ash not captured him, he wouldn't be sucking so much now! ^_^;;

Quote Originally Posted by scizor08 View Post
    Did Ash get the forest badge...?
    This was not an official battle. I think that was pretty much stated long ago.

Anyway, finally I like Turtwig. I think Ash's Turtwig is now getting a sparkle in the anime. He still boring but less. I liked Gardenia's Turtwig and his technique to battle was really good. Putting the "Speedy Gonzalez" attitude was really entertaining.

So the poor Staravia lost again... not surprise but it was actually funny how they presented that he was defeated. He's funny when he's battling or maybe it's just me.

Gardenia is a pretty cool character and I like how hyper she is. One of my favorites leaders so far. She was so funny with Carnivine and Cacnea. And James... he was cool.

Was Cherubi really in this episode? For like 2 seconds?

Leaf Storm looked poor in the preview but in this episode it really came as a strong, cool looking attack.

J
    Last edited by Dax; 27th April 2007 at 5:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    He didn't even win; and even if he had, it wasn't an official gym match anyways.

It's a shame Staravia has such a bad record. I blame him; had Ash not captured him, he wouldn't be sucking so much now! ^_^;;
    Yeah, Ash's Staravia is just really bad. I hope they'll change that in the coming episodes and let it win some more times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Was Cherubi really in this episode? For like 2 seconds?
    Yeah it didn't attack though. The impression I got was this: When the battle between Ash and Gardenia was agreed upon, and Ash started with Turtwig, Gardenia intentionally sent out Cherubi, never intending for it to do much, just using it to gauge Turtwig's speed before sending out her own Turtwig against it.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    Gardenia intentionally sent out Cherubi, never intending for it to do much
    Me thinks Cherubi will pull a trump card during the gym battle. Big things seem to come in small packages in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by PANCAKE View Post
    Me thinks Cherubi will pull a trump card during the gym battle. Big things seem to come in small packages in the anime.
    While we're on the subject, I have to wonder if Roaserade is truely her star pokemon, cause after what her Turtwig did, it would be hard to imagine anything above it.

Staravia losing the way it did was just plain crap, if it had at least hit Turtwig once before going down i wouldn't have cared so much about it's loss. It's bad enough it sucked as a Starly, so they evolve it and yet it still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by PANCAKE View Post
    Maybe it will showcase Cherrim?

Not sure why everyone's bashing Staravia. It did everything it could, but Turtwig was just plain better.
    Last edited by Geodude; 27th April 2007 at 8:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Leaf Storm looked poor in the preview but in this episode it really came as a strong, cool looking attack.
    Yeah thats why in the speculation thread for this episode I told you not to judge it by the preview since the whole attack wasn't being shown.

It was disappointing to see Mukubird lose like that but there is alot of time left in Shinou, Mukubird will plenty of wins.

I'll post my comments about the episode in a bit.

That Turtwig freakin' dodged an Aerial Ace! I call hax on Gardenia. She probably pumped it up with some super vitamins or something. Pictures don't really express just how fast that thing is. I mean, oh my god. Staravia's coming in, putting everything he has into that Aerial Ace, and Turtwig's just like *dodge* and Staravia's like "OMG!! *crash*" And goodness, Leaf Storm was something else (bets on Ash's Turtwig learning a different, flashier version?).

Yup, Ash and Staravia seem to have synchronized their records XD
    Last edited by Bliksem; 27th April 2007 at 9:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    It was disappointing to see Mukubird lose like that but there is alot of time left in Shinou, Mukubird will plenty of wins.
    The bird has no hope from what i saw, i'm starting to wonder why the writers evolved it at all to begin with. It's one thing to lose to a pokemon but this was a complete and total pwning, haven't seen one this bad since the Grovyle vs. Luvdisc incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    And goodness, Leaf Storm was something else (bets on Ash's Turtwig learning a different, flashier version?).
    Me and a few others agree that Ash's shouldn't get that move until it evolves into Grotle, that move's abit to destructive for this early on, not to mention that it's only going to get him labeled as a DEM.

Aerial Ace and Swift have been dodged many times before, that's nothing new.

To be honest, we can consider this battle as Staravia's first official battle so I'll let that loss go. There's have to be a purpose to his evolution and we still have time to find that out.

The pokemon really doesn't have battle experience because now that I remember as a Starly I think he only battled Paul's Starly and then Turtwig which was freakishly strong and even defeated Ash's Turtwig, easily.

If Gardenia's Turtwig evolve I want to see how Ash can really win the next gym.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast