Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 91

Thread: The Grass-Type Is Always Greener (499)

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    MEROKOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ...Er, Gardenia, I mean. I'm sorry but ever since I heard that Chieko Honda would be voicing her I've turned into a hyperventilating ping-pong ball because...because...because she is just so awesome.

    But Gardenia was basically Meroko in any way - her attitude, her VOICE (<3<3<3), her random squeal-attacks...just everything. Which makes me love her automatically. Her popping up out of nowhere and suddenly decide to leave again (even Brock remarked on that) was quite funny. And of course, there were so many times I had to laugh at her hilarious outbursts concerning Grass Pokémon - especially during the Team Rocket scenes. Or when Dawn told her to back away from James because he was a bad guy and she just yelled, "THAT'S NOT TRUE!" with the reason that a Grass Type trainer can't be bad XD

    Speaking of Team Rocket though, they made quite an entertaining appearance this time with their mummy motto (MM!) - even the background music was remixed accordingly.

    And while I'm talking about funny scenes...Cheryl is quite a ditz. She was already showing signs of being one in the previous episode, but this time it was quite obvious. Also loved when Brock got to play superhero for her two times in this episode. He sure seemed to enjoy it...

    ...Forgot about the battle again. Er, it was nothing more than "alright" itself, but anything that makes Ash have one of his little panic attacks gets a bonus in my book. He didn't do very well this time - his orders weren't exactly what I'd call strategic, but on the other hand, he'd barely been given enough time to think of a way to handle the situation in the first place.

    Ehem. Anyways, I'm looking forward to more (and most likely last) action from Cheryl, and even more to seeing Gardenia again - and hearing her voice :D - and her Pokémon - and her...argh, I just want to see her. Soon!

    As a last note, I'd actually find it amusing if Gardenia's Turtwig evolved during the Gym match, hindering it from moving as fast as before and thus removing the essential trait that made it so strong. Just a random idea that my silly mind gave me, but hey, I'd pay to see that ^^"
    Last edited by Sushi; 27th April 2007 at 9:12 PM.

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

  2. #27

    Default

    Yo, Sushi!

    Can I ask you a few things?

    1) What was with James mention of Utsubot (Victreebel) a couple of times?

    2) I hear Gardenia say "Gym Leader" and "Hakutai", does the gang know she is the GL?

    3) What was up with the Nuzleaf?

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    Yo 8D

    1) Gardenia offered him to trade his Carnivine for either Bellossom, Vileplume, or Victreebell. The last one made him go all nostalgic and he went on about wanting to be swallowed by one again. I guess that while he wasn't willing to trade, he found the idea of having a Victreebell again tempting. He almost forgot about capturing Mothim because of all this, that's why Jessie got angry at him.

    2) No. She was cheeky enough to say, "I heard rumours that the Eterna City Gym Leader uses Grass Pokémon too."

    3) Nuzleaf is Gardenia's courier. It brought her a message saying that she has to come back for some unknown reason. I don't know whether Nuzleaf really belongs to her, but considering it followed her in the end, it seems likely.

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

  4. #29

    Default

    Gardenia offered him to trade his Carnivine for either Bellossom, Vileplume, or Victreebell
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

    Trade Carnivine? If you did James, I'd be very angry at you...
    Besides, Gardenia doesn't realize that he's a psycho.

    2) No. She was cheeky enough to say, "I heard rumours that the Eterna City Gym Leader uses Grass Pokémon too."
    :P

    Oh gawd, this will probably be the longest time between Ash meeting a Gym Leader, and finding out the person was a Gym leader...

    Nuzleaf is Gardenia's courier. It brought her a message saying that she has to come back for some unknown reason. I don't know whether Nuzleaf really belongs to her, but considering it followed her in the end, it seems likely.
    Ah, I thought it was a map or something.

    Well, thanks.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    MEROKOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!
    MEROKO!! ^___^
    I was without computer for more than a month and still didn't watch DP25+
    Now that I know Gardenia's VA is Meroko's I even more want to watch it
    Nice that they mention Victreebell again

    And Sushi - I still didn't heard Cheryl but my friend think that he knowns her voice... can you please check the credits and tell me who Cheryl's VA?
    Thanks

  6. #31

    Default

    gardenia is my favroite gym leader now,and not just because she added to ash`s losses but because she is just so fun and because she`s a grass trainer,being a grass user myself in the games and lover of grass pokemon,i love seeing strong grass pokemon.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    And Sushi - I still didn't heard Cheryl but my friend think that he knowns her voice... can you please check the credits and tell me who Cheryl's VA?
    She's called Maria Kawamura. I don't know what Anime your friend knows her from, but her wikipedia article has many of her roles listed so that might help =)

    There's one more thing that caught my interest in the episodes. At the beginning, when Ash's Turtwig accidently knocked all the Kakuna off the trees I was so sure that they'd evolve and hunt them down, but was greatly surprised when they didn't. It was when I'd almost believed that they were just randomly brought into the scene that Jessie had to over them ~_~

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    The bird has no hope from what i saw, i'm starting to wonder why the writers evolved it at all to begin with. It's one thing to lose to a pokemon but this was a complete and total pwning, haven't seen one this bad since the Grovyle vs. Luvdisc incident.
    "No Hope", that is just wrong. Ofcourse it has hope, Grovyle had won battles as a Treeko and Grovyle and then suffered the humiliating loss to luvdisc. However, this was Mukubird's first official battle. Even though grovyle suffered a bad loss it didn't lose hope, it won a few times in the hoenn league beating Katie's Walrein (battle was awesome), it evolved to Sceptile picking up a couple of more wins and even brought down Regirock to its knee. It is definitley one of Ash's strongest pokemon.

    I understand what your saying but Mukubird not being able to get a hit in was because they wanted to show Gardenia's Turtwig as a real speed demon, which they did. That also makes Gardenia seem much more of a threat which will make the official gym battle really interesting.
    Look at how Taillow was handled, it lost pretty badly to Brawly's Machop and never did anything, but when it evolved and picked up its first win against Winona's Shiny Swellow it had plenty of wins after that and is arguably Ash's strongest AG pokemon.

    To say that it has "no hope" is just wrong. The no hope scenario is more for pokemon like Noctowl, Cyndaquil, Totodile.


    I am in love with Gardenia. lol
    She was just amazing, her moments with James and his pokemon were really entertaining.

    Battle:
    As sushi said before, there really wasn't enough time for Ash to react to speed like that. Besides you can clearly see that Ash gets frustrated, which often causes him to lose. I had a smile on my face though when Ash grabs his head because he can't get a hit on Tutwig.

    Even though Mukubird lost, its battle was was funny and entertaining.
    From the start when Ash calls it out and it just goes Muuukuuuuuuuu! That had me going for a while. lol
    Then when it misses Aerial Ace and goes into the bushes, the noises it makes is pretty damn funny as well.
    When it gets blasted by leaf storm and is yelling, man that was crazy.

    Speaking of Leaf Storm, I dont know maybe it was the animation but the attack seemed to be strongest thing I have ever seen. It seems like someone is shooting their Ak-47 or something. It looked excellent and has become one of my favorite attacks.

    I wouldn't mind Ash's Turtwig getting it, especially if we see Ash training it or something like that.

    This episode is not just one of the best DP episodes but one of the best overall episodes.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
    She's called Maria Kawamura. I don't know what Anime your friend knows her from, but her wikipedia article has many of her roles listed so that might help =)
    Thanks!! ^_^ and he didn't watch anything with her XD so probably she just had a voice that is similar to another VA
    And if someone interested to know- she also voiced Prima/Loreli and Yuma (I think Yuma is that girl from the episode with the contest that Brock participated at)

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    293

    Default

    With Meowth's disturbing fantasy in the last episode and Gardenia being masochistic with James' Pokemon, makes me worry about how this creepy story arc will end in the next episode.

    I wasn't so sure before, but I think this episode proves that Staravia will be well featured when Ash challenges the Eternia Gym. I get a funny visual of it just snapping when it sees Gardenia again and beating all of her Pokemon single-handedly. Well... I suppose they're probably going to want Turtwig to have a rematch against Mach Turtle... but Staravia will beat the others.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,902

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flamez View Post
    "No Hope", that is just wrong. Ofcourse it has hope, Grovyle had won battles as a Treeko and Grovyle and then suffered the humiliating loss to luvdisc.
    The battle scenario is the same but not the pokemon involved, Grovyle had proved itself plenty of times prior to the Juan match so it's loss wasn't as bad compared to this.

    However, this was Mukubird's first official battle. Even though grovyle suffered a bad loss it didn't lose hope, it won a few times in the hoenn league beating Katie's Walrein (battle was awesome), it evolved to Sceptile picking up a couple of more wins and even brought down Regirock to its knee. It is definitley one of Ash's strongest pokemon.
    When a pokemon evolves, it's evo needs to make a good first impression(aka by f-ing winning in a great mannor) in a non team rocket battle, and it getting complety owned in it's first match by a grass type is a just cause for massive concern for the future, cause i don't like the "torkoal" vibes i'm starting to get.

    Come to think of it, i can't recall any other of Ash's pokemon that lost a non TR battle after evolving. Why did Staravia get screwed over?

    That also makes Gardenia seem much more of a threat which will make the official gym battle really interesting.
    I wonder how in the hell Ash is gonna beat her after how badly she decimated him, i haven't seen him get his butt handed to him like this in a long time, this was worse than the loss to Roark. Unofficial or not.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    The battle scenario is the same but not the pokemon involved, Grovyle had proved itself plenty of times prior to the Juan match so it's loss wasn't as bad compared to this.



    When a pokemon evolves, it's evo needs to make a good first impression(aka by f-ing winning in a great mannor) in a non team rocket battle, and it getting complety owned in it's first match by a grass type is a just cause for massive concern for the future, cause i don't like the "torkoal" vibes i'm starting to get.

    Come to think of it, i can't recall any other of Ash's pokemon that lost a non TR battle after evolving. Why did Staravia get screwed over?



    I wonder how in the hell Ash is gonna beat her after how badly she decimated him, i haven't seen him get his butt handed to him like this in a long time, this was worse than the loss to Roark. Unofficial or not.
    Meh, I'm getting a "Staravia sucks but shines in some extreme matter" vibes.

    I mean, do the writers need ANOTHER screwjob on a bird?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,504

    Default

    Did Dawn's voice seem a bit off in this episode? She didn't sound like she usually does to me..

    *~Openly Gay and Proud~*

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Meh, I'm getting a "Staravia sucks but shines in some extreme matter" vibes.

    I mean, do the writers need ANOTHER screwjob on a bird?
    No, seriously.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  15. #40

    Default

    I agree that Mukubird is lossing every battle he joins. I don't know why they are doing this to him.


    ˇTiptug, the generic bug!HERE

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    53

    Default

    ^^ Perhaps Staravia will have another chance later on. Maybe at the gym battle it will show some stuff, especially that it experienced a fight with Gardenia's Turtwig.

    I liked this episode a lot. ^^ Showing Gardenia's quite hyper personality was really good. Can't wait to see the gang's faces when they realize that Gardenia is the Gym Leader. ^-^;;

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    660

    Default

    MEROKO?!

    AWESOME. Ahaha, I too haven't watched past 25 yet. ^////^; But now I must watch this!

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,725

    Default

    I think Staravia did pretty good even that he lost. His Aerial Ace seemed powerful and his Wing Attack too. Got it, he lost but that one was a funny loss. I mean, the pokemon has something in battle that is funny. I don't know if is his voice or his battle style but he's funny.

    Gardenia's Turtwig had such a cute voice... I loved it.

    And yeah, Hikari's voice was a little different.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Hmmm...

    I'm not too upset with Mukkubird loosing at this point. It seems like in Shinou, they're really pushing the strength and the ability of the Gym Leaders, perhaps even more so than they did in Hoenn. Makes me happy, to say the least. Natane is love <3 Awesome character right there. I look forward to her and Ash's official battle (and Mukkubird getting a chance to prove itself).

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    with my fellow hell makers
    Posts
    729

    Default

    I actually kinda like how there making turtwigs super fast, it adds to the defiance of reality that pokemon is known for.

    go turtwigs!!!


  21. #46

    Default

    Staravia's only lost twice dudes....

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    I agree that Mukubird is lossing every battle he joins. I don't know why they are doing this to him.
    That way when he evolves into a Staraptor, he shall own like Swellow.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  23. #48

    Default

    I've JUST noticed that both of the Wii peripherals were shown during an Iwane episode. Maybe we'll see the old-fashioned controller in the next Iwane episode.

    FC: 3180-5269-0929

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    I actually kinda like how there making turtwigs super fast, it adds to the defiance of reality that pokemon is known for.

    go turtwigs!!!
    Well normally a pokémon of Turtwig's size can move pretty fast. Though in this case, you're right.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Lavender town *shiver*
    Posts
    2,782

    Default

    It was a fun episode, but Gardenia really scares me, that girl is totally our of her mind .
    Kotone Lyra is awesome kotto ne?!



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •