Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Angry Combeenation! (500)

I'm pretty sure Attack Order was what they were doing.

You know, POWER GEM actually looks pretty nice.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

for the 500th japan order episode it was very good, one of the best dp episodes so far
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade
    Shiny Pokemon:

First: Combee looked like thos computer heads in the Deoxys movie.

I liked the first part of the ep, when they still searched for the honey but it went boring after that IMO.

I liked bits of the ep but not the ep overall. 5,5/10. I thought it wa one of the less good D/P eps.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Pachirisu looked like it was doing a rather suggestive pose.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Was it just me, or were there like no female Combee?
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

there were some female combee if u look hard enough
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade
    Shiny Pokemon:

quite good episode although there have been better. i laughed when crogagunk didnt like the taste of the honey it was sad to see cheryl go i got quite fond of her

Happy 500, my favorite show! (Even though it's 30 episodes later.)

Anyway, at least Cheryl doesn't show up again after this episode. God, I hated her voice, it grated on my last nerve. The plot for this episode is pretty good, and I have to say I'd hate to see a huge wall of combees heading my way, but overall this episode just makes me glad that Cheryl's not a recurring character.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 08/21 NEW!! 8/22 NEW!! 8/24 both NEW!! 8/26
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This. darn. episode. is. always. on. TV! I'm so tired of it D: Good lord...

Only redeeming quality is Cheryl's line at the very end when Brock approaches her, "Oh, look, a Beedrill! My grandfather always said, if you see a Beedrill, you should travel alone. See you!"

The rest was kinda... ehh. Vespiquen had, like, 0 personality, and the Combee wall actually scared the living daylights out of me x_x;
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

it was kind of boring

Eh I absolutely hated this episode. Nothing but Combee >_< Combee is like the worst idea for a Pokemon ever. They should have used some killer Beedrill instead.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Pretty average. I just didn't find it very entertaining, with all the Combee. Cheryl was rather bland, her obsession with the "enchanted honey" wasn't really interesting I thought.

it was a decent episode with all the combees but i've seen better, bug pokemon just arn't my thing i guess.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I only liked the episode because there where Combee's in it
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Honestly, I get some pretty good laughs from re-reading these threads years later. The stuff with Maestro is possibly even more pathetic in retrospect, and these century-mark episodes are always a riot because people are somehow convinced they signify evolution-related importance in spite of Serebii and Ash-kid being the only two people who actually use this particular numbering system.

Alas, this episode is another dagger in said theory that was never true in the first place. We wrap up the Momi arc here, and I suppose it's decent, although I would like to have seen more Beequeen (...and if you had gripes with English name unoriginality...). I still think Mitsuhoney could not have been feasibly created without the assistance of some mind-numbing substance, but we see an interesting use of it here, especially combining as an actual CG hive (complete with 10 months worth of animation budget).

Speaking of animation, this is Natsume's debut as the takeover for Makoto Shinjo, and it's funny to see the gripes about his debut here, showing how little of a grasp many fans actually have on animation. Beequeen, while under-exposed, at least got a nice attack/ability/whatever showcase (really, I still don't know what this "Attack Order" is supposed to be). I suppose my main problem with this episode was that I never really cared about Momi's honey quest in the first place. It just seemed so insignificant and failed to make Momi any deeper than her admittedly attractive outer self. And now I never care to see her again.

B-
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Episode was really good and interesting. I liked it.
    But, it was weird when Ash and Co. were on Combee's territory(before TR attacked them). Seeing Vespiquen was cool, too...

I love Combee! This was one of my favorite fillers from the early DP arc. The Power Gem move that Vespiquen used was extremely powerful, too. It wiped out TR in one shot.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

This is a good episode ruined by the arc that it's in. Very pretty and some good comedy but by this point I (and seemingly alot of over people) were sick of Cheryl by this point.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Honestly, I get some pretty good laughs from re-reading these threads years later. The stuff with Maestro is possibly even more pathetic in retrospect, and these century-mark episodes are always a riot because people are somehow convinced they signify evolution-related importance in spite of Serebii and Ash-kid being the only two people who actually use this particular numbering system.

Alas, this episode is another dagger in said theory that was never true in the first place. We wrap up the Momi arc here, and I suppose it's decent, although I would like to have seen more Beequeen (...and if you had gripes with English name unoriginality...). I still think Mitsuhoney could not have been feasibly created without the assistance of some mind-numbing substance, but we see an interesting use of it here, especially combining as an actual CG hive (complete with 10 months worth of animation budget).

Speaking of animation, this is Natsume's debut as the takeover for Makoto Shinjo, and it's funny to see the gripes about his debut here, showing how little of a grasp many fans actually have on animation. Beequeen, while under-exposed, at least got a nice attack/ability/whatever showcase (really, I still don't know what this "Attack Order" is supposed to be). I suppose my main problem with this episode was that I never really cared about Momi's honey quest in the first place. It just seemed so insignificant and failed to make Momi any deeper than her admittedly attractive outer self. And now I never care to see her again.

B-
    well when those combee were using the psybeam style attack
    that was attack order

my bishie is solrock from pokemon a true example of a pokemon who can learn more than just rock and psychic moves through level up

platinum fc
    jess
    3309 6328 9788

"i mean what if its just a goofy looking fish you know like a dorkfish"-Bill Engvall

Good episode, i loved those Combee!

And the animation was great.

8/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quirky title but the episode wasn't so fun.

I didn't like how we got Vespiquen so early on in Sinnoh, and she didn't do much in this episode. I didn't like the whole "enchanted Honey" plot every much either. Wish they'd call it "Honey" like in the games.

If it hadn't been for Vespiquen I would have called it Filler. 2/10

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I didn't like how we got Vespiquen so early on in Sinnoh, and she didn't do much in this episode. I didn't like the whole "enchanted Honey" plot every much either
    Agree. i think they should give her more screentime, especially because this episode was focused on her. instead, we saw more Combee, but not Vespiquen. and i'd like to see more moves from Vespiquen.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Agree. i think they should give her more screentime, especially because this episode was focused on her. instead, we saw more Combee, but not Vespiquen. and i'd like to see more moves from Vespiquen.
    Maybe Aaron of the Elite Four will appear again with one later.

My main issue is that Sinnoh showed a LOT of Pokemon in the beginning like Kricketot, Vespiquen, Mothim, etc, and they only appeared for a few minutes.

Now Sinnoh is virtually out of new Pokemon.

This episode was OK, not much happened. The CG Combee were kinda cool and I'm glad Cheryl finally got the honey she was looking for. Alright episode.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast