Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P 2

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Default The Official Shiny Discussion Of D/P 2

Because there was so much spam in the last thread, a new one had to be made. Please follow all of the rules. And have fun.

Shiny Discussion Rules
    1. Discuss Shiny Pokemon only.
    2. Don't offer/request to trade
    3. Don't ask foolish questions, such as "How do I get a shiny?" Read the F.A.Q.
    4. Do not post unless you have a paragraph's (for this case, four good sentences) worth of information. We don't need separate posts for every little detail.
    5. Don't post just to say what you have been or will be SRing/chaining for. This will usualy be considered spam.

If you want to discuss chaining shinies, please go here.

F.A.Q. from the old thread
    1. Q: Shiny Pokemon? What are those?
    A: Shiny Pokemon first appeared in the Gold and Silver games for the Gameboy Color. Basically, they are alternately colored Pokemon (for example, shiny Charizard is black instead of orange).

2. Q: Wow! Are shiny Pokemon more powerful?
    A: Unfortunately, no. The ONLY difference between shinies and regular Pokemon is the color. They’re pretty much just for bragging rights.

3: Q: How can I find a shiny Pokemon?
    A: Every Pokemon that you see in the wild, hatch from an Egg, get from an event (such as your starter, Beldum, etc) has the same chance of being shiny: 1/8,192. These are pretty high odds, so you need to be very lucky to come across one. There’s no place that they’re more common, and no surefire way to find one. You just need luck.

4: Q: But I’ve seen over 10,000 Pokemon in my game and haven’t found a shiny yet! That can’t be right!
    A: 1/8,192 is a probability. That doesn’t mean that after 8,192 Pokemon, you will automatically find a shiny.
    A good example of this is when you roll dice. You have a 1/6 chance of getting any particular number when you roll, such as the number 2. That doesn’t mean that you will roll a 2 in six rolls, or that your second roll will be a 2, etc.
    The same goes for shiny Pokemon. You may find a shiny on your first try, or within a hundred tries, or maybe not until 10,000 tries.
    To delve in a bit deeper, picture that whenever you encounter a Pokemon, a random number between 1 and 8,192 is generated. Let’s say that the number 500 is the “shiny number.” If 500 happens to be the random number that’s generated, the Pokemon will be shiny. If the number is anything else, it will be a normal Pokemon. Nice odds, aren’t they?

5: Q: If I breed a shiny Pokemon, will the baby from the Egg be shiny as well?
    A: Unlike in G/S/C, where you had a higher chance of hatching shiny offspring when the parents were shiny, this is NOT true for any of the 3rd or 4th generation games. Every Pokemon has the same odds of being shiny, no matter what.

6: Q: What is this “soft resetting” thing I’ve been hearing about?
    A: Soft resetting is when you press Start + Select + A + B to reset your gameboy (just like turning the system off and on). It’s helpful when trying to find a shiny of a Pokemon you can save in front of, such as your starter at the beginning, legendaries like the Regis and Rayquaza, etc. Save, soft-reset, see if the Pokemon is shiny, if not turn off your game and try again. Just like finding any shiny, this depends completely on luck, but if you’re patient you should eventually get your shiny. Keep in mind that this could take hours or days with luck, and months and months without.

7: Q: What does a shiny _____ look like?
    A: The Pokedex on the main site shows sprites of every Pokemon:

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/

Just look up the one you want.

8: Q: How do I know if I have a shiny Pokemon?
    A: Besides the change in color, a shiny Pokemon will sparkle when it comes into battle. There are also a couple changes on its summary page, which you can see on the main site’s shiny page (link above).

9. Q: When will I know if I’ve gotten a shiny starter?
    A: When you’re choosing your starter, the game will show you a picture of each Pokemon. This picture will NOT show you whether that Pokemon is shiny or not. You will have to choose it and check its summary, or use it in battle, to find out if it’s shiny or not.

10. Q: Can I save before hatching my Egg, and reset until I have a shiny?
    A: No. Unfortunately, everything about the Egg is set when you receive it, so you'll end up with the same Pokemon every time if you use this method. You can, however, save before you take the Egg from the Daycare man, hatch it, and reset until you have a shiny.

11. Q: If my shiny Pokemon evolves, will it stay shiny?
    A: Yes. Shininess isn't something that changes.

12. Q: Do shiny Ditto transform into shiny versions of the opponent's Pokemon?
    A: Unlike in older gens, if a shiny Ditto transforms into the opponent it will only be shiny if the opponent was shiny.

===
    Last edited by SkittyOnWailord; 3rd March 2008 at 1:51 PM.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I am honored to be the first one to post here.
    PEOPLE, I finally got the shiny drifloon and it has a bold nature!!!
    this was very hard but after all that work, I think I've deserved it, this is my biggest acomplishment yet...and Ill do all I can to post the pics of it cuz Im now a proud owner of a shiny drifloon.
    good luck to all other guys.

and a rank up ^^

Quote Originally Posted by shiny_arceus View Post
    Wow congrats on the drifloon Yata ^^! Would love to see pics of it

Yay second post
    Oh, and i'm chaining zubat. I was originally going for gastly, but since I was doing well with zubat I decided to take things seriously.
    Chain is at 30, I hate the strech from 30 to 40 :/
    They will be here soon, Ill be taking photos of my house for another forum so Ill eventually take a picture of it , or ill just ask my friend to take a picture of it if i get him to trade with me...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Rayquaza View Post
    Hey, congrats on the shiny drifloon. Did you check its IVs?
    Currently chaining larvitar, but the chains keep breaking. I won't give up though! My brother is in for a surprise when I catch and train a shiny larvitar. I have an adamant synchronizer and I'm not afraid to use it!

not yet, it was 1 am when i caught it and I couldnt fall asleep cuz i was too busy watching it and too excited, and i have to buy new batteries for the wiimote so ill transfer it later there.

OH YEAH, and i caught it in a premier ball, and its bold.

good luck to you guys.

edit-
    srry for double posting, didnt c u deleted those posts -__-

i dont know why but i wanna trade all my shinies.i want to get my own shinies with my id, so yeah ill prorably trdae them to my broether.i have shiny drifloon too!^^but its docile.i aslo have palkia shiny. im gonna go for shiny eeveeafter i beat the pokemon league.

Quote Originally Posted by The REAL Yata View Post

edit-
    srry for double posting, didnt c u deleted those posts -__-
    You're welcome. The post were deleted because I didn't realise it was spam, I apologize for that *bows head*.

Now back on topic. I just found my first shiny zubat, a calm natured male.
    3DS Friend code: 3480-2762-1303.
    IGN: Sean
    Friend Safari (Steel): Mawile, Klefki, Klang. Cogs for everyone!

Aegislash is awesome. That is all.

Shiny Giratina hasn't appeared yet. I'm at 9425 soft resets.

But I took a picture of one of the shiny Pidgey that I caught yesterday.

Good luck everyone! ^_^

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by shiny_arceus View Post
    You're welcome. The post were deleted because I didn't realise it was spam, I apologize for that *bows head*.

Now back on topic. I just found my first shiny zubat, a calm natured male.
    im sorry to dissapoint you guys, but although my camera having 7.1 megapixels i couldnt manage to take a clear picture of those shinies i wanted to show you, any1 have an idea how i could take a clear photo with the camera being more in front cuz this pictures sux, really...id appreciate if someone could hel me, thx.
    this message is related to posting my shiny so dont delete it please.

At last! all the posts about people saying how long their chains were was driving me mad.

Thanks S.O.W

I'm going to restart my japanese diamond later and start resetting for a shiny turtwig, it's been a target of mine for some time, but i'm going to focus most of my time on shiny snorlax, i'll get a few hundred in a day for turtwig.
    Credit to Zabi for the fantastic shiny banner
    Twinned with the awesome mrrrrrrr KENNEDY

congratulations on your shiny drifloon the REAL Yata. i'm still trying to get mine... i'll get it soon. i think i'm at 2000 SRs by now and counting
        Spoiler:- Credit goes to...:

Congrats on new shinys and good luck to those chaining

Chaining a trapinch really hard can't find one yet

I've been doing a lot of serching around about the shiny pokemon and the icons you guys have on this site, many shiny pokemon are unimpressive. Take Blaziken for example, all being shiny does for him just makes him a tad darker. Why not have Shiny pokemon that have a cool look to them, making them really defined?

Shiny pokemon: x 3 Chain 45, x 1 (Met in Ruby)

Shiny Targets:

Well, I took a break from chaining and SRing...1400 or so for Rotom and about 500 for Torchic...

I finally got a chain of machop to 32...and a Geodude broke it...I saw a shiny patch but didn't see the patch right above me...-_-

Trained up my shiny Totodile yesterday to a Feraligatr...training it for my shiny team. I love shiny Feraligatr. ^_^

gonna get a few more pics of my recent shinies up soon.

MY SHINY CARD All mine! <3

Feel free to add, just PM me so I can add back
    CURRENT HUNTS:
    HG- SR- 500 Pt- SR- 715

Congrats therealyatawhateveritis... From obtaining you drifloon finally!

Hey Everyone Im Currently Deciding Wether To Get Girantina Or Regigigas but i think ive choosen Girantina So Wish Me Luck

Credit to junpearl63

Quote Originally Posted by PokeShinyHuntJack View Post
    Hey Everyone Im Currently Deciding Wether To Get Girantina Or Regigigas but i think ive choosen Girantina So Wish Me Luck
    try both?i dcied on the first 3 pkmn to chain, bidoof shinx and starly, quie easy but whatever.

Well ive got the pokemon that knows rock climb and funny enough its a non- shiny girantina i got off me friend

EDIT: Ginji How u get raquaza in pokemon pearl???

Credit to junpearl63

Quote Originally Posted by Ginji View Post
    Shiny Rayquaza hasn't appeared yet. I'm at 540 soft resets. T_T
    it took me about 9000 srs for my shiny drifloon -__-

im not good with radar so mine are by random or trading with people...

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by The REAL Yata View Post
    it took me about 9000 srs for my shiny drifloon -__-
    wow O_o, i dont know its taking so long for rayquaza to be shiny and it only took 120 SR's for me to get shiny kyogre

3DS FC: 3007 8602 5963 (Friend safari: Fire type)
    3DS XL FC: 4441 9441 0140 (Friend safari: Electric type)
    Wii U NNID is Ginji_70 (add me if you want to race on MK8)

Current shinies on Alpha Sapphire: RE, 766 SR
        Spoiler:- Shiny Badge Quests:

My Animelist

wow O_o, i dont know its taking so long for rayquaza to be shiny and it only took 120 SR's for me to get shiny kyogre
    Well don't expect them all to appear that quickly; you're very lucky if you get them in under 1000 soft resets. Shinies tend to take a while to appear.

For example; my shiny Abra took 10,955 SR to appear (well, not SR exactly; I was buying them from the GC in LG). My shiny Dialga took 25,249 SR. My shiny Torchic took just under eight months to appear, and my shiny Moltres took over ten months to appear.

I see we have others after shiny Giratina. Good luck! I'm at 9600 soft resets for my own shiny Giratina.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Shiny Giratina hasn't appeared yet. I'm at 9425 soft resets.

But I took a picture of one of the shiny Pidgey that I caught yesterday.

Good luck everyone! ^_^
    Wow the shiny pidgey has the same nature my old shiny pidgey had cool congrats

i got a shiny Budew from my cousin it's level 4... modest nature.. once i get the national dex i'll start chaining .
    Last edited by blasters49; 3rd March 2008 at 10:27 PM.

These are Old but, here goes..

I got a trade for Umbreon.

Noctowl a random Encounter outside Celestic Town.

An My Geodude was found in Mt Moon, Kanto, Random Encounter. It's going to Sinnoh once I've decided what moves to give it.

Still, I don't know what moves to give any of them...
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Wow, I lost nearly 30 posts from the thread deletion. Anyway, I chained some Venomoth yesterday, but the chain broke at 31. I was really looking for Pinsir though, and when I finally found one to start chaining, it broke at 10 :<. I'll give it another try later today though; I really want that Pinsir! And, while it's a new thread, I might as well sum up all my Shinies. I'll keep updating this page as I add to my collection.

Spoiler:- Shinies:
    Last edited by Cain; 25th March 2008 at 10:12 PM.

[IMG]http://i30.*******.com/2edd1zm.jpg[/IMG]
    ShiniesShiny Lovers ClubRotom

Pearl 0438 2903 5961
    White 4684 8876 1042
    PGL Nickname: Cainer, add me!

Current Shiny Hunts

Status 1,336 Eggs, 100 RE

Quote Originally Posted by Heliotrope View Post
    Well don't expect them all to appear that quickly; you're very lucky if you get them in under 1000 soft resets. Shinies tend to take a while to appear.

For example; my shiny Abra took 10,955 SR to appear (well, not SR exactly; I was buying them from the GC in LG). My shiny Dialga took 25,249 SR. My shiny Torchic took just under eight months to appear, and my shiny Moltres took over ten months to appear.

I see we have others after shiny Giratina. Good luck! I'm at 9600 soft resets for my own shiny Giratina.
    I get what your saying but it only 60 SR's for my shiny regirock and now im up to 600 SR's for rayquaza, still not shiny T_T (im getting really ticked off on this, even though i have 3 shinys of him on my pearl ver.)

3DS FC: 3007 8602 5963 (Friend safari: Fire type)
    3DS XL FC: 4441 9441 0140 (Friend safari: Electric type)
    Wii U NNID is Ginji_70 (add me if you want to race on MK8)

Current shinies on Alpha Sapphire: RE, 766 SR
        Spoiler:- Shiny Badge Quests:

My Animelist

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast