Page 3 of 618 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Catching shiny pokemon with the pokeradar

I spent two days only using the Poke Radar to try and get a shiny Shinx, and got one after 55 in a row. Most of my streaks broke in the mid 10s to the lower 20s.

You're not even guaranteed to get a shiny if you manage to get the streak to last that long, either. But the chances definitely seem better.
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

Is there a place that has only 1-3 Pokemon living in the grass?

Xx|Divinity|xX

From my experience, a route having less Pokemon doesn't make getting a long streak any easier.

weird i never heard about that. sounds to me its not true
    Just because my name is vespiking doesent mean vespiquen is my favorite pokemon
    point is diamond:beat elite four beat stark mountain part caught regigigas aiming for a evil army of combees and vespiquens!

weird i never heard about that. sounds to me its not true
    umm it is true...
    when you use the pokeradar, the grass patches like sparkle and move and stuff but if you are lucky and the pokeradar pokemon is shiny...the grass sparkle and chnage colors alot slower and you will deffenantly know that a rare pokemon is there.
    i had a chain of 7 pokemon but i wasnt trying
    it was tyrouges
    it was kool
    FC: 0303 9199 2708

If it is a common pokemon, it just shakes.
    If it is a rare pokemon, it shines.
    If it is a shiny, it sparkles really fast. IIRC

Banner by Azure Wolf
    Bishie ~ Shusuke Fuji ~ Prince of Tennis
    FC: 2363-2823-6973

Using the pokeradar i have caught a shiny swablu the grass sparked and i was dreading bumping into anything befor it as i had not bought any repels
    =/ damn my lack of shinies i would of been back sooner if i had realised there was so many new shinies in this gen D=

If it is a common pokemon, it just shakes.
    If it is a rare pokemon, it shines.
    If it is a shiny, it sparkles really fast. IIRC
    Thanks, that really helped.

However ims till confused into how you get the Pokeradar?

I know you have to see 15o different Pokemon to get the Nat Dex. but yous aid i have to get complete the Sinnoh Dex to get the Nat Dex.... how is that possible?

please help.
    so far i havent beaten the E4 and ive only seen like 110
    Dawn- Hotty. Gary- Gangster.

Highest chain i have so far is 7 starly it breaks really easy, im after a shinx if anythin
    ^ Thanks To Ampharos_Spark For The Banner ^

Name: Dan
    Pearl Friend Code: 1246 5213 6453

The grass shakes differently for each pokemon. Lets take r218 with ditto's as an example. The grass with ditto shines much slower then the grass with Flatsel. So if you go into the slow-glowing grass you will always get ditto.

Made by: ArcanineDarkCrow.

Save the 4th Gen from cloning. Join the anti-cloning club!!!

The grass shakes differently for each pokemon. Lets take r218 with ditto's as an example. The grass with ditto shines much slower then the grass with Flatsel. So if you go into the slow-glowing grass you will always get ditto.

Made by: ArcanineDarkCrow.

Save the 4th Gen from cloning. Join the anti-cloning club!!!

Wow. This got popular fast. 8D
    I am pretty good with the poke'radar. my highest are 19, 18, and 17. Lol.

Thanks for the video... forgot your name...D:
    Long Lost Legend
    |Favorite Pokemon: Umbreon| Twin: AngelLatias| Shinies Caught: 200+| Pokedex: 492|
    ~Master of shadows~

Using an ability that attracts a certain type of Pokemon makes it extremely difficult to break a streak if the Pokemon you're seeking happens to be the only one of that type in that area.

However, even getting a ridiculously high streak (Like one over 100 for instance) doesn't guarantee you a shiny, and no one is sure if it even gives you a better chance at finding one or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Using an ability that attracts a certain type of Pokemon makes it extremely difficult to break a streak if the Pokemon you're seeking happens to be the only one of that type in that area.

However, even getting a ridiculously high streak (Like one over 100 for instance) doesn't guarantee you a shiny, and no one is sure if it even gives you a better chance at finding one or not.
    Well, I tried that with a Pikachu with Static, and a Finneon with Storm Drain but my streaks didn't last long. My highest was 12, and I can't hardly get 5 now. So, what am I doing wrong? Can you tell what else you did, if anything, cause I really am wanting to get a shiny. I was at Valley Windworks searching for Pachiresu and Buizel using the appropiate abilities I stated above, but never seem to do well.

Also, is it proven that the pokeradar increases the odds of finding a shiny with a long streak?

I doubt long streaks even matter. I've caught 2 shinies within a few days by just facing the same Pokemon a few times with the PokeRadar. I caught a shiny Farfetch'd after using the radar and accidently killing one and it going off again. Chain of 2. I caught a shiny Roselia after using the PokeRadar and killing a roselia and it going off again. Chain of 4. I doubt the chain number really matters, but I could see the chain counting. Either way, I've never caught a shiny in any pokemon game before (minus shiny gyarados and a shiny wailmer in sapphire) and now I've caught 2 within a week. Take that how you want to.

It seems to work, 3 days ago i was chaining bidoofs and after a chain of like 2
    I already found a shiny one.

Now a hour ago i decided to chain bibarels and after a chain of 40 i saw a shiny grass, ran to it and got a shiny bibarel.

Tomorrow i will try and chain pikachu's again.
    Shiny Hunter ~ 25 Shinies Caught myself
    [IMG]http://i38.*******.com/2r2u8mt.gif[/IMG]

Wow congrats
    I got Diamond today and I'm planning to play for the next 4/5 hours.
    Can't wait to try for myself.

PS. Judge Catcher, please come on MSN :P
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

Really? I get lots of 2 through 5 chains but nothing. I'm going to try chaining right now and see what I get.

Also, did your Pokemon have certain abilities, such as Static or something to draw in certain types?

Do remember I played everyday for a week and only encountered one twice. That is a good 50-60 and maybe 100+ chains I ran through before I saw a single shiny. Even if odds increase with a chain, it's still going to be pretty rare.

I don't get how you chain them, can some one please explain.

yea me to i would like to learn how to chain

On the first page the person on youtube avoided the grass and it took him only a couple minutes. Is avoiding the grass and using repels make it go fatser than chains?
    S.H.I.T.
    Shiny Hunter in Training

Currently Hunting:
    Mareep, Shinx, Riolu, Magby

Does it increase every time you use the radar or every time you kill someone in the chain?
    "Long live Bush!!"
    Diamond Code
    Shorne
    4725-4437-0469

shinies: linoone, primeape, rayquaza, charizard, latias

credit to Mega Trickster

Here is something interesting I noticed from watching that video from the first page. First of all we can't see the touch screen on his DS, so who knows how big of a chain he has(or if he is even chaining in the first place). The clip starts out with him just finishing a battle, although after that battle he doesn't fight again until the shiny. I think he may have just been repeatedly using the pokeradar until he got a patch of shiny grass.

Who knows?

I'll Go To Trophy Garden and Try It.
    R A i B L A D E

Page 3 of 618 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast