Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go (501)

Nice episode...the dress up was so cool and Piplup in weedle was so cute =p
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

That Chatot was lousy. Lousy appeal, its just singing...No dress up, no nothing...
    Im rather suprised the koffing imitating a togepi,kakuna imitating a crawdaunt and electrode imitating a gastly weren't given a pass.

Also, what was that pokemon that tried to act as Suicune? Whatever it was, it failed miserably. On a side note, the Trapinch that was imitating a Turtwig wasn't bad too.

The Suicune was a Mightyena...and I agree it was just terrible.

Was that Swalot pretending to be...Muk? oooooh, impressive.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    The Suicune was a Mightyena...and I agree it was just terrible.

Was that Swalot pretending to be...Muk? oooooh, impressive.
    The doduo that was pretending to be a dodrio was the most impressive ;D
    The fake head and all =O

I love this episode. Of all the various competitions the series has come up with, this may be among the most creative, and certainly among the most entertaining. As much as I would love to have seen the humans cosplay, the Pokemon themselves make for even more creative potential. Just the entire showcase of random mish-mashes is more than amusing, with my personal favorite continuing to be "Caterpie-dos". Novelty alone could sell this episode, because the wacky nonsense is just a riot, with some nice Iwane touches to top it all off. Yuuka makes a nice return and it was great to finally establish her as a regularly recurring character. This is also around the time where Pochama begins to turn into merely an entertainment character, but it certainly does not fail to entertain here.

Oh, and Takeshi actually wins something. It only took the guy 500 freaking episodes. This really speaks measures on how fantastic an addition Greggle is to a team that would otherwise go unnoticed just like all of Takeshi's past teams. Its ability to stay in-character at all times is awesome, being completely oblivious to every single situation yet always managing to come out on top. If I have any complaint about this episode, it involves my pity for Kojiro, and even though we get one of the most entertaining mottos ever out of it, the ensuing chase scene makes for a minute of pointless filler material. But such is a minor damper on undoubtedly one of the greatest episodes of Sinnoh, and I always treasure the use of Nyasu's Sunflora outfit.

A
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I do wonder how Chatot was the reigning champ when he didn't even dress up for the dressup contest. I'm sorry, but impressions and reflections are not the same thing. Pikachu was really good at his impersonations; but Piplup was a little overly enthusiastic.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Interesting to see all those Pokemon all dressed up to resemble other Pokemon.

It was boring until Brock won the egg which was apparently a Happiny egg.

5/10

OMG piplup dress as a weedle
    and dawn get fail
    Farewell Dawn~sept.28 2006 to sept.9 2010

Great episode
    I loved to see Piplup dress like a Weedle
    And Croagunk was funny with his Politoed's costume
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

I liked this episode, I thought it was really nice. Pikachu's impressions were really good and poor Piplup just got too excited. I found it funny that Croagunk won and thought it was a nice spin, but poor Brock needed to win something anyway. Good episode.

Not too bad of an episode, I liked seeing the different impressions. Pikachu knows how to do most Pokemon impression doesn't it?.

Chatot could have done more then just a repeat of what it did but only a different tone/Pokemon. I guess it makes sense for Brock to win although I don't think the judges know much about Croagunk since it is mostly like that whether pretending to be a Politoed or not.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Yikes, my review for this episode doesn't stand a chance against some of the others. Well, I'll do what I can (and take Brock's advice not to hold my breath for someone to declare this post a winner-don't think I'll be as lucky as Croagunk, though).

Okay, since my last review, nothing significant has happened despite some quality episodes inbetween. dp 29 was a pretty standard episode on Dawn's and Ash's problems in teaming up for the first time in a double battle (they team up for another double battle later on during the Jhoto advertisement arc, and I like that episode a lot more). dp 30-32 are a trilogy of episodes about a girl COTD's search for enchanted honey. These episodes also introduce the 2nd gym leader, who challenges Ash to an unofficial battle and defeats him. But it's not anything you take too seriously because the loss doesn't bother Ash too much (unlike with Fantina later on, who leaves Ash constantly wondering about what strategy to use against her).

So we start this episode in dramatic fashion as Ash and the gang are in some sort of contest hall, getting ready to watch a pokemon dress up competition. This is totally out of the blue if you're coming straight from the last episode, and it creates an exciting atmosphere. Well, before you know it, Ash wants to compete, and then Dawn and Brock say okay, too. Dawn explains what the rules are, and that's a neat touch since it gives the competition a distinct Sinnoh feel (she provides this effect in other episodes as well). The rest of the episode is just full of fun. My favorite scene is Pikachu preventing Ash from despairing over which pokemon to choose by scolding its trainer with a "Pi, Pi, Pi" and a shake of its finger. Brock ends up winning the dress-up competition, and he receives a pokemon egg as his prize.

This competition is the first of 3 "side" competitions that Ash, Dawn, and Brock participate in. I want to analyze the other 2, and so I didn't feel it would be fair if I skipped this one. This episode is a fitting way to describe Brock in Sinnoh; it's a funny episode, but in terms of actual character development, there isn't much.

That was a nice episode. Personally I think pikachu should have won this contest

I watch this ep every week I love it so much! (DVD)
    Hello!

xD

Ugh Pikachu you suck for not winning
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

This episode was ok... The Pokemon costumes everybody was wearing were hilarious. It was funny when the sound man hit the lady with the Microphone again. I'm glad Brock won, he really deserved the egg this time around. Piplub looked very funny and odd as a Weedle. Trapinch looking like Turtwig by far was the most unique and creative transformation. It was cool to see Pikachu doing Pokemon impressions.

45/100

Not the best of episode, I think it would have been better if Team Rocket hadn't interrupted. Although the idea of having a contest where Pokemon imitate other Pokemon was kinda stupid. Of course Dawn would lose, I can't at how she has bad taste by dressing Piplup as a disgusting Weedle. Hm, I wonder where Brock got the idea to dress his Croagunk like a Politoed? Lol. Im surprised Brock won considering Pikachu did good imitations. But I was happy anyway because I love Brock.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Of course Dawn would lose, I can't at how she has bad taste by dressing Piplup as a disgusting Weedle.
    Actually she lost because Piplup used Bubblebeam, and Weedle can't learn that move, not because Weedle is "disgusting".

Seeing the Sinnoh Now reporter lady yell at her crew was hilarious and I personally loved Jessie's faux-cowgirl outfit. Croagunk's Politoed costume was cute and accurate, and I also loved Meowth's Weavile costume as well. I also laughed when Mime Jr.'s Teeter Dance backfired on TR's other Pokemon and I was happy to see Brock win for once.

I always find it funny when people on this show think an egg will hatch in to a legendary.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234