Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials of the Elite Four(AAMAYL/AdvanceShipping)

Sceptile has a huge disadvantage against Dragons, so maybe?
    Comp has died, borrowing brother's to edit this, won't be on much if at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frost Nova View Post
    YOU CANNOT GRASP THE TRUE FORM OF FROST NOVA'S EGO!
    Quote Originally Posted by S.Bustathedog View Post
    Anolator

Quote Originally Posted by Master_in_Training View Post
    Then, Mime Jr., using Psychic, crashed the Barriers into the center, ending in a harmless explosion that sent the sparkles to the entire audiernce, who applauded.
    Audience, perhaps?

The exception is James, who is covering his eyes the whole tiome of the appeal, not wanting to see his Mime Jr. get hurt(which, surprisingly, did not).
    Time?

Harlety smiled evilly(too strong, perhaps? Or maybe NOT!) as he overheard the conversation.
    Harley, not Harlety.

This were their reaction when Harley dropped his cloak, and revealed his costume.
    Grammer problem.

"I hope he doesnt' learn about your trainer's 'side achievements'," he whispered to Pikachu.
    Dosen't.

She turned around to face Jessie. one of her eyes was twitching, after witnessing Harley's stunt.
    Capitalize!

Eheheh, sorry for all the grammer and spelling problems, I just felt like pointing them out.

I can't imagine Harley wearing that, due to the fact I never saw that episode (there was an episode he was wearing that, right?)
    I see Brock and Ash have to see two cross dressers in their life (so far).
    So the GS ball is the good luck charm..
    So disadvantage against dragons? Perhaps Secptile, or Charizard?
    I see Ash is getting used to having to care for Pichu as a parent...makes me think.
    Last edited by Ze Skarmory; 30th July 2007 at 5:09 PM.
    FC: 1761 9350 7870

Credit to RaiBlade for the userbar
    Through the Fire and Flames (DragonForce) is claimed by me.

Man, that was wrong, Harley wearing what May is wearing? EWWWW! Jessie has a pretty awesome appeal and you portrayed Harley's apeal just fine Master_in_Training. And wow, Ash gets the GS Ball, nice.

EDIT: Surprisingly, I can edit my posts now without freezing! YAY! I double-, no, triple-, no, quadruple-checked the post, and I didn't see any mistakes. But, hey, we're not perfect, aren't we?
    EF49: Volt Tackling a New Perspective

Oak smiled again as he handed Ash the strange artifact. Charizard and Pikachu could just stare in awe as Ash held the GS Ball carefully examining it in his hands.

"Before I came here, I dropped by Azalea Town and talked to Kurt," the professor explained. "He's done extensive research about that ball, yet, quoting him, 'I've only scratched the surface of the mystery of this Pokeball...'"

Oak motioned for them to take a seat at a nearby park bench as he continued his story. Charizard lounged nearby, thinking he might see more horrors back at the Contest. Pikachu rested on Ash's head, while the GS Ball is on his lap. "According to Kurt, the GS ball is made a million years ago, by an ancient Pokemon civilisation somewhere in the Orange Archipelago."

"That would explain why it was Professor Ivy who found it," Ash guessed.

Oak nodded(okay, I'm getting tired of calling him that, is anyone okay with just Samuel?). "Kurt also found out that the GS Ball is created from two very rare materials only wielded by Legendary Pokemon. The gold-like coat is made from a rainbow feather of Ho-oh, while the silver body is made out of a silver feather from Lugia."

Ash took out his Pokedex, and scanned through the pages, looking for the two Pokemon's data:

>Lugia, the Diving Pokemon

It sleeps in a deep-sea trench. If it flaps its wings, it is said to cause a 40-day storm.

>Ho-oh, the Rainbow Pokemon

Its feathers are in 7 colors. It is said that anyone seeing it would be promised eternal happiness.

Ash frowned, not of spite, but in thought, about the two Pokemon. Samuel was also pondering for a while, until he spoke again. "Kurt believes that since the GS Ball is made from precious materials, it would have mystical properties. However, he also said that the special abilities of the Ball, whatever they are, can only be unleashed when it travels around with a trainer."

"So, why give it to me?" Ash wondered. "You could have given it to any other trainer."

Samuel gave a small laugh. "If I remember correctly, around four years ago, in Cherrygrove, a Quagsire stole the GS Ball from you when you and your friends passed by..." Ash sheepishly nodded. "Well, when you got it back, the locals say that it was blessed with the greatest luck, am I right?"

"Y- yeah, Officer Jenny told me that..."

"Then, I decided to give it back to you. Kurt seems to go for the idea as well. After all, it is you, Ash, that went to all that trouble to deliver that to me from Professor Ivy, then to Kurt."

"Wow, thanks, Professor," Ash said, holding the GS Ball up. "I got the GS Ball back!"

Samuel turned back to the stadium, where a loud cheer can be heard. "Looks like I didn't miss all the excitement after all..."

Charizard(Believe me, it wasn't worth it, Prof. Too much horror, and too much disturbing scenes, even to my liking...)

"Oh, NO! I forgot! May is about to do her appeal! I've got to get back, or she'll kill me!" Ash said, running ahead of the Pokemon professor, GS Ball clutched tightly in his hand. Samuel just followed him at a casual pace, shaking his head in amusement.

'Young love,' he thought, smirking.

---

May, Pichu held close to her chest, nervously walked to the Coordinator's podium, in time for her appeal. In the nick of time, Ash just made it back to his seat, out of breath.

"I was hoping you won't make it back," Drew taunted, not daring to look Ash in the eyes.

Ash just ignored him as he took his seat. At that moment, the rest of the gang noticed what he is holding. "Hey, Ash, isn't that-" Brock started.

"Yeah," Ash said, and held the GS Ball proudly so they could see it clearly. "The GS Ball that Professor Ivy-"

"AGGGGHHH!" Brock suddenly shouted, covering his ears. Many spectators, the judges, and May, turned around to face Brock, annoyed. Brock went to a fetal position on the cramped floor next to his seat. "Don't say THAT NAME!"

"I thought you've gotten over Professor Ivy-"

"Are you deaf?" Brock said, who was now sucking on his thumb. "I told you never to mention that name! EVER!"

Ash just sweatdropped. "O... Kay..."

Samuel Oak can be seen far behind the stands, in the top row. He doesn't want to disrupt the action by appearing(he knows pretty well that his arrival would, because of his popularity).

After being reprimanded by Contest officials, Brock returned to his seat(and composure). And May can now begin her appeal. Pichu kept looking up at the face of its mother, waiting for her instructions. May smiled at Pichu, and set it on the ground. Then, she took out a Pokeball. It seems she's going for a double appeal, just like the Coordinators before her.

May's Pokeball is coated in a star seal, just like what Jessie did with Mime Jr. From the shower of stars came out Espeon. "Okay, you two, let's give these people our best shot," May encouraged her Pokemon.

Before she could even finish, Pichu ran off, to the stands, right towards Ash! Pichu was stopped by the divider wall, but he's trying to jump up.

"No, no, NO!" Ash shouted at Pichu who's trying to reach for him. The trainer is a tad bit embarrassed. "Go back to your mother!"

Pichu looked a bit disappointed, and the crowd gave Ash mixed looks, from amusement to scorn. Just then Espeon ran up to the baby and picked it up, and carried Pichu back to May.

Ash slumped back to his seat, while Brock and James snickered. Drew could only sound his scorn by grunting. On top of the stadium, and back at the hotel, all the Pokemon could be seen laughing their heads off again(man, they really love making fun of him, don't they?).

As Espeon gently placed Pichu on the ground, May knelt down to speak to it. "Pichu, I know that you want to play with Ash again, but please, help me do this. And I promise that I'll get Ash to spend time with you, okay?" Pichu's eyes began to glow, and agreed. May smiled, and Espeon breathed a sigh of relief.

May began the appeal by making Espeon throw several Shadow Balls into the air. Then, the psychic type used Psychic to keep them visible. Pichu then began running around below the Shadow Balls. Sparks are now appearing on its cheeks. Espeon then generated some slanting Barriers on Pichu's path, making him go upwards.

Espeon kept putting Barriers for Pichu to run on, as the little mouse kept on running, towards the Shadow Balls. Suddenly, a yellow spark ignited from its body, and Pichu jumped high into the air, straight into the center of all the action, with Volt Tackle! Espeon used Psychic for the ghost-type attacks to explode.

The collision was enough to create fireworks, and Pichu, who was remarkably unharmed from the explosion, was falling from fifty feet in the air. Charizard tensed, thinking hew might have to do a good deed again, but Pichu is now hovering in the air,courtesy of Espeon's Psychic.

Espeon telekinetically moved the baby to May, who instantly grabbed the baby in a close embrace. The crowd gave a standing ovation, except maybe for Ash, who fainted at the spot.

---

When Ash opened his eyes, May and Pichu are looming over him, smiling. The latter then jumped from May's arms to hug Ash in the face again. Ash, holding Pichu against his cheek, rose from his lying position, in his seat.

"Man, this guy loves to give me a heart attack," Ash commented, motioning towards Pichu, who doesn't even notice.

CONTINUED...
    -I don't care what they said in Movie 7. Brock still has Ivy-phobia!
    -Basically, the GS Ball is the same as the games and manga describe it(I think).
    -You guys have completely forgotten about that spoiler a few posts ago. Charizard will... Aw, shucks, I don't want to say it...
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 31st July 2007 at 1:58 PM.
    -My wacky, Advanceshipping eFics:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

You know, you can spot most problems just by putting the whole thing on Microsoft word or something.
    Why not just call him Sam? It's only three letters.
    So Brock still has Ivy-Phobia. Wanna make her come in at any time, just to make fun of him? Or have Ash do it for revenge.
    So Espeon did the hard work, while Pichu did the attracting.

Pichu is a baby though. Make another Sceptile/Blaziken scene already, they make me lol
    Anolator

-I already told you guys thrice that I bomb at scripting Contests, what do you expect? I feel that I failed that department, and I bet it's going to get worse when it comes to Contest battles.
    -I've posted a request for a FiregrassShipping in the fics request thread. That's because I haven't thought of good ideas for interaction between Blaziken and Sceptile(I resorted to Sceptile being dumped).
    -Ivy, reappearing? Hmm, I could do that.
    -Here's a thing to debate about:
    --Ash's Charizard being weak against dragons? True or false? Argued points:

---Charizard knows dragon-type attacks, one of the few(two, the other being ice) types dragons are weak against. Yet he won't be affected as much, since he's no dragon-type himself(though he resembles one).
    ---Flight. With this asset Charizard was able to defeat those who are otherwise strong against him. And to add to this point, some dragons(not counting the larval and pupal stages) are remarkably incapable of flight. That alone would give Charizard an edge.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 1st August 2007 at 7:19 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Well, Charizard is Fire/Flying, and since fire isn't strong against dragons, thats what makes most people think dragons are strong against fire.

And trying to keep up with the moves Charizard knows on here (I'm guessing Blast Burn, Seismic Toss, Wing Attack, and Dragonbreath) only two of the moves are even at a normal effectivity here, while one is super effective. And thinking Lance will use Dragonite, that Dragonite probally knows Thunderbolt which affects Charizard's flight part. So Ash will make the mistake of using Blast Burn (like that idiot he is), and have Charizard seriously hurt or something like that.

Also, for the firegrassshipping, try getting the other pokemon to get those two together. Maybe that would work.
    Last edited by Ze Skarmory; 1st August 2007 at 1:38 PM.

-BTW, even though I brought up that little debate, doesn't mean whether Charizard will be there for the final battle or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Skarmory View Post
    And thinking Lance will use Dragonite, that Dragonite probally knows Thunderbolt which affects Charizard's flight part.
    -LOL, now why did you say Lance? I thought I made it clear that Drake will be Ash's final Elite opponent?

Also, for the firegrassshipping, try getting the other pokemon to get those two together. Maybe that would work.
    -Yeah, that would work, plus, two tattletales have to make it up to Sceptile anyway, for causing that breakup. (*cough*Pikachu*cough*Feraligatr*cough)
    -Also, I gave it some thought, and here's a tidbit of that certain event:
        Spoiler:- Tattletales's Demise:

Blast Burn, Seismic Toss, Wing Attack, and Dragonbreath
    -One thing I'd like to differentiate from the games, though it's not clear(even to me) if I follow it or not: the Pokemon are not limited to 4 moves per battle.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 1st August 2007 at 2:09 PM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

I had this vision of Blaziken going psycho at Sceptile, then Sceptile slicing those two to ribbons
    Anolator

Oh ya, it was Drake. I keep mixing them up, since they both do use dragon types. And anyways, Drake would use Salamence, since it is his like main pokemon.
    Well, for the episodes I saw (and reading this fic) I'm pretty sure Dragonbreath was the only one that is super effective against dragons.

Oh, Eruption, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Annhialator Zero View Post
    I had this vision of Blaziken going psycho at Sceptile, then Sceptile slicing those two to ribbons
    -Plus, there's Frenzy Plant, and Sceptile can use it quite effectively and strategically.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

I had the vision of all the other pokemon doing what they did to Ash and May to Sceptile and Blaziken, minus the Pichu.

May got her touch back eh? That was a nice appeal, the GS Ball with the thing that sounds like Pokemon Adventure... And is Charizard going down next chapter? That is sad... Sceptile finding out about Pikachu and Feraligatr? Not good. Oh and by the way, you did Brock very well this chapter, I laughed when Ash said Ivy and Brock went feral on the world.

-I'm terribly sorry that I'm taking so long this time, I just can't imagine scripting Contest battles in my head, yet.
    -I'm not putting spoiler tags right now, but there's something to keep you guys occupied: the currently last part of my Table of Contents in Page 1. The'yre spoiler material enough.
    -Coincidentally, the Arc mentioned above bears the unlucky number.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 2nd August 2007 at 1:48 PM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

So the climax is coming....

So the climax is coming....
    -Not the climax, but probably one of the saddest moments of Ash's life.     Spoiler:- just a hint:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Oh ok, good, that means the story will keep going!

P.S. Ooo, now I'm a Boulder Trainer.

EF50: All it Takes is Coordination!

The rest of the appeals went on smoothly. The 20th(last) Contestant is Jill, and her brother and boyfriend, and Ash and co., cheered her on.

She decided to use her Glalie and Gorebyss. For the latter's case, the Contest circle was temporarily converted into a small pool. To start her appeal, the crowd was surprised when Jill ordered the Face Pokemon to freeze the pool with Blizzard, whilst Gorebyss is still underwater!

However, the underwater camera zoomed in on the South Sea Pokemon, looking poised, ready for her trainer's command. At the signal, Gorebyss used Waterfall to break through the ice. Just as she broke through, Glalie froze her tracks with Ice Beam, making an ice pillar.

For a few seconds, Gorebyss sat still, frozen. Just then, the pillar erupted with Gorebyss who used Water Pulse! Just like Jessie's appeal, the result was a harmless explosion of glitter.

---

Lunch break was given to the Coordinators, with the results of the appeal announced straight after. This was a relief to three certain pokemon on the stadium roof, as they can take their "stowaways" back to solid ground without missing any of the action.

It was then that Sam reappeared to the group. Brock and May, are, of course, glad to see him, and introduced him to their friends. Drew seems to be the only one who need not be introduced to the celebrity. Harley, meanwhile, also wants to be introduced. Brock was the one who made the introduction, though he was reluctant.

Pichu is the new star of the group, being the center of attention of Pokemon and human. And our new mascot seems to like it, a lot. Munchlax sliced a Watmel Berry in three and gave one to Pichu, another to Squirtle and the third, of course, for himself.

The only person not giving attention is Ash. He's knocking heads, again, obviously asleep. Pichu tried to wake him up, but the trainer won't respond. Then, Pichu noticed the GS Ball, sitting on Ash's lap.

The baby immediately jumped the ball, falling to the ground. Munchlax and Squirtle chased after Pichu, rolling around the ground, to keep it from getting hurt. When it all started, it was then that May just noticed it.

"Where'd Ash get a Pokeball like that?" she asked Brock.

"I gave it to him," Sam spoke up. "You see, it's supposed to be a good luck charm for Ash."

Brock stifled a laugh. "I remember all too well that incident." The breeder then went on to narrate a tale that happened "once in a blue moon". The ex-Rockets, too, remembered it.

"By the way," Professor Oak suddenly said, turning to the former criminals, "how'd you three like to have a job at my ranch?"

The ex-Rockets turned to him in surprise. "A- A job? W- with you?" Meowth stuttered.

Sam just smiled. "Of course. Think about it. If you three want to get a fresh start of life away from your past, a good place to start is my lab Plus, I could use a translator like you, Meowth, so I can better understand the Pokemon in the lab, when I want to."

The ex-Rockets huddled in a corner to discuss the proposition. Meanwhile, May whispered to Brock, "I wonder why the Professor is acting like he's friends with Jessie an the others."

Brock thought for a moment. "Maybe Professor Oak found out about their reformation, and immediately gave them a chance by offering that job."

At that moment, Munchlax and Squirtle reappeared, panting heavily from chasing Pichu and the GS Ball around the park. They have both Pichu and the enigmatic Pokeball in their respective hands. After handing them back to May, they dropped on their backs to exhaustion.

---

After lunch, the troupe headed back to the stadium/Contest Hall. May was a little nervous, and a bit angry as well, since Ash hasn't waken up in time, in which she had to hammer him awake(she must have borrowed hammerspace from Misty).

The judges reveal the score to everyone: of the twenty Coordinators that participated, only four advance to the Battle round. They are, of course, May, Jill, Jessie and, unfortunately and unsurprisingly(to everyone who knows he's the winner of the GF), Harley.

The Battle round is a 4-(wo-)man tournament. This time the Contest battles will actually require the Coordinators to use two Pokemon. Also, the Pokemon used in one battle should never be used again, if the Coordinator ever advances.

May is up first, facing Harley, so she decided to let Pichu stay with Meowth, since its father, Ash, is a tad bit irresponsible at the time being. For this she called her Bulbasaur(you could hear Ash's Bulbasaur stifling a sob during the call, probably feeling lonely since he can't come along) from Professor Oak's lab, and Munchlax. Harley, meanwhile, is going to use his signature Cacturne and Octillery.

"Well, well," 'the I still have no idea what gender he actually is' Coordinator taunted his rival. "Looks like I'm not going to have any good Contest battles after all, huh?"

"We'll see about that," May retorted through gritted teeth. "This time, with my friends around, I know I can beat you."

---

In the locker rooms, Jill and Jessie are watching the match through the monitor. The two heard their friend's words.

'Atta girl,' the latter said to herself, smiling. 'Don't let that CHarleyton get the better of you...'

"She's got her spirit burning," Jill commented, also smiling.

"Just like the way we left her two years ago," Jessie told her.

---

Harley began by surrounding May's Pokemon with his Cacturne's Double Team. May countered by having Bulbasaur use Petal Dance. The pink flower petals from Bulbasaur surrounded around Cacturne and Octillery.

"Munchlax, Metronome!" The Big Eater waved his fingers back and forth. The crowd tensed, awaiting the effect of the attack...

CONTINUED...
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Great chapter. You described the appeal very well. The whole Gorebyss freezing then bursting out to make it sparkly.

After lunch, the troupe headed back to the stadium/Contest Hall.
    The last time I looked (which was a minute ago) troupe was a group of touring actors, singer or dancers. But then again, it was Wikipedia I looked at.

P.S. I was thinking of making a fic, but I want to know how long a page is.

Jill was pretty awesome, cute little Pichu screen and May's battle with Harley finally begins. Let's see her become the great Coordinator she once was!

-I'm pretty sure that 'troupe' could also mean a group of people. I've read it somewhere, but I can't place a finger on it.
    -I promised you guys Harley's going to get his posterior kicked, hard, and so I will. Count on it.
    -BTW, did any of you rate this fic? I sure didn't.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 4th August 2007 at 8:40 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

I rated it a long time ago.

Becuase when I try to vote again, it says I cannot change my vote.

I just did that, I never did that rating thing on any topic, didn't observed the top most of the time...

EF51: The Metronome Phenomenon!

We left off where Munchlax is performing the completely unpredictable move, Metronome. The entire stadium is quiet. After he stopped waving, Munchlax pointed his fingers at Cacturne, and, a buzz of many illusions, that look strangely like Combees, attacked Cacturne! The Scarecrow pokemon waved his arms around him to protect himself from the buzz. However, the "Combees" kept pestering, and hitting, hard.

"That was Attack Order, from Vespiquen, right?" Ash asked Brock.

"Yup, and it's ultra-effective against a grass-/dark-type like Cacturne." Indeed, Munchlax's use of Attack Order hurt Cacturne badly, and depleted a chunk of the Coordinator's AP(appeal points).

Even with May's early lead, Harley was still feeling confident. Bulbasaur's Petal Dance is wearing May's grass-type down. He had Octillery use Octazooka on Bulbasaur, aiming for her eyes. Bulbasaur jumped to evade the attack, but she didn't jump too high, due to exhaustion. Cacturne did miss, or did it? The black ink spilled onto the floor right below Bulbasaur, and she slipped just as she landed. The slip caused May to lose her own AP.

Acting fast, Munchlax grabbed Bulbasaur to try to get her out of her skid. However, the grass-type just dragged her partner along for the ride. More points out of May's AP. Now May's lead is just a mere notch. And Harley doesn't stop there.

Just as May's Pokemon finally skidded to a stop, Harley gave his next command. "Octillery, Cacturne, Pin Missile and Bubblebeam!" The two Pokemon fired their respective projectiles at Bulbasaur and Munchlax. To protect her, the latter stepped in front of Bulbasaur to take the full force of the attacks. Now, after more point depletion, Harley is in the lead!

'Come on, May,' both Ash and Drew thought, though they didn't know it. 'Don't let him beat you...'

"Munchlax, are you okay?" May asked the Big Eater. Munchlax, who was kneeling down, gave her a weak thumbs up. "I promise you a big meal when you win this."

With these words, Munchlax sprang up, eyes glowing and mouth watering. Bulbasaur just smiled to herself, at the choice of inspiration of her partner. Then, standing next to Munchlax, she shook her head to clear the confusion off her. "Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip to grab Octillery. Munchlax, use Metronome again!"

Munchl;ax began waving his fingers again. Meanwhile, from Bulbasaur's plant growth, the grass-type launched two tentacle-like vines. The vines tried to grab the Scarecrow, but he dodged it with Double Team. Another point lost, for missing its mark. However, May and Bulbasaur had the same idea. Munchlax's Metronome is now finished, and he launched what is unmistakably a Dragonbreath! With Vine Whip still across the field, Harley's Cacturne, being pushed back by the Dragonbreath, tripped on the vines, and landed on Octillery!

This time it was Harley's Pokemon's turn to slip on the ground, still slippery from the Octazooka! The many mishaps depleted amlmost half of Harley's AP. Then, May had Munchlax deliver a Focus Punch, propelled from Bulbasaur's vines.

Munchlax's punch hit Cacturne right in the face. The Scarecrow pokemon countered with Needle Arm, as Octillery made a sneak attack by wrapping around the Big Eater. Bulbasaur came to her partner's aid, firing Razor Leaf. The projectiles slashed around the Jet Pokemon's tentacles, releasing his grip on Munchlax.

At this point, both Coordinators have less than 1/4 of their AP remaining. Munchlax is nearing exhaustion, since he's the one taking in most of the attacks, but he is still ready to fight. Bulbasaur, too, was exhausted, but she's showing concern for her partner.

"Munchlax, use Metronome one more time," May suggested. For the third time, Munchlax waved his fingers back and forth. To protect him, bulbasaur attempted another Petal Dance. The twister of flower petals are surrounding them, ready to slash at any attempts of their opponents to close in.

On Meowth's lap, Pichu seems to be enthralled by Metronome. The baby then began waving its fingers back and forth, imitating Munchlax. Meowth gazed downwards at his charge, and so did the others.

"What is it doing?" Ash asked.

"I think it's imitating Munchlax," Brock guessed.

Puzzled, Ash took Pichu off of Meowth and into his hands. The baby kept waving his fingers as Ash looked at him directly. "Pichus don't learn Metronome, do they?" Brock shook his head no. "Then, nothing's coming out of-"

Just then, Pichu stopped waving his fingers, then gave Ash a smile and a cheer. The trainer then suddenly sniffed the air, and his nose wrinkled. "Aw, GEEZ, Pichu!"

The others began sensing what Ash shouted about. Brock waved his hands in front of his nose, while James quickly began rummaging in hammerspace for a gas mask. Drew's eyebrows twitch, and behind his closed eyelids a tear fell out. Ash held Pichu at arm's length, as the rest of the audience sensed the odor, and shouted their protests.

"Aw, man, did a bomb blow up?!"

"What in tarnation was THAT?!"

The only one unaffected was a snickering Meowth, to whom Pichu was handed back to. The latter was oblivious to the trouble he caused, again. Anyways, back to the battle...

Munchlax's Metronome was an Earthquake. This brought out an undesirable effect, as both teams lost a considerable amount of AP when they all felt the attack. Munchlax tried to hold his ground, but stumbled from his own attack. Bulbasaur used one of her Vine Whips to balance herself, and the other to grab Munchlax.

Cacturne resorted to jumping in the air. At the same time, he fired Bullet Seed. Octillery used his tentacles as a spring, to imitate his teammate, and also fired Octazooka. Again, black liquid spilled on the Contest circle.

This time May has an ace up her sleeve, and ordered Munchlax, "Use the ink on the floor to slide and evade the attacks!" The Big Eater complied, and used the mess to slide along the arena like in a skating rink. With that tactic, Munchlax was able to evade the attacks with ease. Harley is getting frustrated, just as May predicted.

"Bulbasaur, use Vine Whip to propel Munchlax into the air!" Bulbasaur extended her vines again, and, on cue, Munchlax grabbed the vine. With great force, the grass-type spun Munchlax around and around, gaining momentum. While being propeeled, the Big Eater was preparing another Metronome. At the third spin, Bulbasaur was able to release the Big Eater into the air.

Munchlax hit Cacturne with a combination with Metronome(which became Extremespeed) and Headbutt right at the stomach. The cunching impact sent the Scarecrow Pokemon hurtling to the ground. He hit Octillery, and the two were instantly knocked out just as their trainer's AP reached zero!

Munchlax landed on the ground with a 3-point landing. The crowd's atmosphere, forgetting the 'Poison Gas' incident, was at first silent, but was then replaced by loud applause.

May placed a hand on her chest, sighing in relief. 'I did it. I beat Harley...' But...

"No, no, NO!" Harley is stomping his feet hard on the ground, obviously unbecoming of a sore loser. "I'm the winner of the Blackthorn Grand Festival, and I can't lose to someone like her!" Harley, after recalling his Pokemon, marched angrily towards May.

Sensing trouble, Ash and Drew jumped off their seats, into the Circle, and between the two Coordinators. "Stop right where you are, Harley," Ash said threateningly.

"Come closer to May, and you'll regret it," Drew added.

Harley clenched his fists. "Fine, have it your way," he said stiffly. He turned to walk away, but he canted his head back in their direction. "You're lucky you have these friends of yours to protect you, dear, if not..."

"Hey, is that a threat?!" Ash said. He walked menacingly after Harley, but May stopped him by pulling on his arm. At that point, the others joined them.

"It's okay, Ash," May said quietly. Ash calmed down, and watched in disgust as Harley disappeared into the locker rooms.

"What a sore loser," Meowth commented, Pichu lying on his head, examining the charm. May took Pichu in her arms.

"The twerpette beat him, and that's all that matters," James pointed out.

CONTINUED...
    -HEADS UP:

Spoiler:- 52 spoiler:

-Many things come to mind, he, he...
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast