Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Trials of the Elite Four(AAMAYL/AdvanceShipping)

Wow, Richie's Charmander became a Charizard? And his competing? So the last challenge before the last Elite Four is about to begin... Can't wait to see what happens between Richie and Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Skarmory View Post
    Couldn't Munchlax use like solarbeam or something to stop those kids? Then he would have gotten the ice cream.
    -Now where would the fun be with that?

I wonder whether he was glad to see Richie, or sad to see a Charizard.
    -I'm not sure. Is this good for a start?
        Spoiler:- ???:
    -My wacky, Advanceshipping eFics:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Quote Originally Posted by Master_in_Training View Post
    -Now where would the fun be with that?

-I'm not sure. Is this good for a start?
        Spoiler:- ???:
    The fun would be reading little kids blowing up in the beam of the solarbeam

That's good enough for a start.
    FC: 1761 9350 7870

Credit to RaiBlade for the userbar
    Through the Fire and Flames (DragonForce) is claimed by me.

Well it seems that Ritchie's Charmeleon evolved, didn't it?

The race across Hoenn on (Supersonic?) Pokemon is gonna take a lot of time though. If we estimate Hoenn to be the size of Europe or something... anyway, since It's spread out all over the region, it's gonna be the toughest easily.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthBorn View Post
    Well it seems that Ritchie's Charmeleon evolved, didn't it?
    -Yeah, I'm pretty sure that it happened(Charmander to Charmeleon) before the Whirl Islands saga.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthBorn View Post
    The race across Hoenn on (Supersonic?) Pokemon is gonna take a lot of time though. If we estimate Hoenn to be the size of Europe or something... anyway, since It's spread out all over the region, it's gonna be the toughest easily.
    -This is Drake we're talking about. He is, in this story, the most powerful Elite. Fitting for Ash's final challenge.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Man, I'm sooooooo sorry that I haven't reviewed in so long. I have had a pretty busy summer. I hope you didn't think I disliked your fic, 'cause I don't. I really like how you include humor to lighten the mood, and bringing together all of the legendary Pokemon is pretty cool as a plot device, too.

All of the scenes with Ash, May, and Pichu are really cute, and I was quite satisfied with your writing of Norman. YOu made him seem nice, and not overly agressive/protective. I'm just really sad for Charizard. I ALWAYS liked that guy, and to think, he did so much for the two of them... (Ash and May) And now he'll never get any wedding cake... *cries*

Mask is really starting to interest me, he is seeming like more of a villain now. I admit, that at first I thought he would be just a boring old villain, who never does anything really bad. You have done a really good job differing him from other villains, and it is awesome how he ties with Drake and Giovanni. I can't wait for him to battle Ash in the Drake cup. I hope he doesn't use Latias or Lucario, though... They are MINE... (Just kidding.)

Anyway, I'm really sorry I haven't been able to drop by, I just find your writing pace too fast for my summer. Hopefully I'll be able to reply more as school starts.

~LZ~

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zant View Post
    Man, I'm sooooooo sorry that I haven't reviewed in so long. I have had a pretty busy summer. I hope you didn't think I disliked your fic, 'cause I don't. I really like how you include humor to lighten the mood, and bringing together all of the legendary Pokemon is pretty cool as a plot device, too.
    -Summer? Oh, wait, we're in different countries. Now I remember.
    -Bringing together the Legendary Pokemon are not the right words.
        Spoiler:- Ash vs. Mask:

All of the scenes with Ash, May, and Pichu are really cute, and I was quite satisfied with your writing of Norman. YOu made him seem nice, and not overly agressive/protective. I'm just really sad for Charizard. I ALWAYS liked that guy, and to think, he did so much for the two of them... (Ash and May) And now he'll never get any wedding cake... *cries*
    -There, there. There is still hope. And as of Norman, well, I fashion him just like my own, er, future in-law. Minus the Sceptile delivery thing, that's what happened between me and my girlfriend's family, believe it or not!

Mask is really starting to interest me, he is seeming like more of a villain now. I admit, that at first I thought he would be just a boring old villain, who never does anything really bad. You have done a really good job differing him from other villains, and it is awesome how he ties with Drake and Giovanni. I can't wait for him to battle Ash in the Drake cup.
    -Wonder where you got the "boring old villains" idea? XP
    -You expecting Ash and Mask to face each other during the Drake's Cup? I hate to break it to you, but-
        Spoiler:- Ash vs. Mask, again:
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 19th August 2007 at 8:15 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

-    Spoiler:- Ash vs. Mask, again:
    I think you forgot someone.....

Spoiler:- New candidate?:

EDIT: Wooohoo! New rank!

EF63: Scaling Heights

The brown-haired trainer, who was checking his backpack for supplies, turned in the direction of the voice that called. He's surprised to find Ash as well. "Ash?"

But before they could talk more, Drake gave the signal, and the challengers took off. Ash and Richie, both distracted by the other's appearance, were the last to take off. As their fellow challengers took the lead, Pidgeot and Charizard flew alongside each other, so their trainers could talk.

"What are you doing here?" Ash shouted over the roar of the wind.

"I was about to ask you the same thing!" Richie shouted back.

Squirtle, who was on Ash's port side opposite Pikachu, snapped his fingers. Squirtle(So that's what I saw yesterday! I thought it was OUR Charizard! It was Richie's!)

"Let's talk later. I've got a competition to win!" Ash called.

"We'll see about that!" was his rival's friendly retort. Richie ordered his fire-type forward. Ash stared hard at them, and it took a few seconds until he realised that he is now in last place!

---

Drake approached the spectators, and found his old friend Professor Birch among them, standing next to May. The Hoenn researcher could be seen feeding Pichu some baby feed, which the latter seemed to enjoy. The Elite walked over to them, the crowd parting ways to give way.

"Hello," he said, tipping his hat.

Birch held his hand high as a return greeting. "May, I believe you have already met Drake?"

"Yes," the young girl answered. She was feeling uneasy. 'How could I not? He gave Ash a challenge that meant risking his Pokemon...'

Drake, however, was oblivious to May's action towards him, as he was giving Pichu his sailor hat. The baby is a little too enthusiastic with the gift. "Let's not talk here. I have a car waiting."

"Where are we going?" May asked.

"Although it will be pointless at this time, we're going to the Cup's finish line, in-"

"EverGrande City," Birch finished for him.

Drake led the group back towards Fallarbor Town. But May stopped abruptly, and turned to one who doesn't belong there.

Sceptile sighed(A sacrifice I must make...)

May strode over to him. "You can't stay here, Sceptile," she said to the Pokemon. "You heard what Drake said. The finish line is in EverGrande City. You can wait for Ash there."

Sceptile sighed again. Sceptile(The dark side is spreading. Even I'm affected.) However, the Pokemon did follow May and the others back to Fallarbor.

---

Careful not to let it get blown away, Ash opened the envelope he was given. His Pokemon gazed over his shoulder as the content of the envelope slipped into his hands. It is a small plastic card, with a small screen on top and a number(10th) at the bottom.

The screen flashed, and words appeared. They read: Rusturf Tunnel, Rustboro City.

"I guess that's where we're headed first," Ash said to his Pokemon. He leaned forward so his Pidgeot can hear him. "Pidgeot, we're heading for Rusturf Tunnel, southwest of here. Let's go!" he added, patting the Bird Pokemon for encouragement.

Pidgeot let out a shout, folded her wings, and used Agility to go faster. Ash and his other Pokemon have to grab her crest to hold on.

Soon the other competitors are in view of our hero, just as they are passing Route 116. As Ash passed a female trainer with a Fearow, Ash's card number flashed, and it became 9th. 'I get it,' he thought. 'The number is my standing in the race...'

Pidgeot swerved in front of the second Fearow trainer. Ash is slowly gaining a lead, largely thanks to his Pidgeot's speed.

Soon the small hill where Rusturf Tunnel goes through is visible. Only three other racers are ahead of Ash, two with Dragonite, and in the No. 1 spot is Richie himself.

Richie's Charizard landed close to the entrance of the tunnel. An official was waiting for them with the instructions for the challenge. The other two trainers landed just as Richie is reading his instructions.

Ash, at No. 4, immediately jumped off his Pidgeot before the latter could even make a landing. Ash dasehd for the official, and, even before skidding to a stop, he grabbed the envelope containing the challenge off the official's hands. Ash opened it right on the spot. The instructions read:

Climb the top of Rusturf, where the next instructions lay. Pokemon are prohibited.

"Well, that won't be hard," Ash said, then he looked at the rock face of the tunnel. It was thirty feet high, with only a few rock slits at random places. "Me and my big mouth..."

---

A small plane is now passing over Route 113. It is Drake's private plane(one he uses when he thinks his dragons are tired), a more convenient transport than his ship. And, being polite to his guests(May and Professor Birch), he allows them to ride it with him. They will take the plane to Lilycove City, then they will ride by Drake's boat to EverGrande City.

Pichu is running up and down the plane's aisle, chased around by Espeon. Drake went to the bar for a little while, and returned with a bottle of whisky. He offered one glass to Birch, then sat down on a swivel chair next to a large television screen. The T. V. is broadcasting the whole race, and May just found out that this is the main operating room of the competition.

Drake looked over his shoulder at May. "Come over here. We'll see how your friend is doing right now." May slowly walked to the front of the screen. Drake pressed a button, and a smaller screen appeared, showing the(right now) 5th placer Ash, who is just beginning his climb up the face of Rusturf Tunnel.

"He always goes off to a bad start," May noted, with a huge sigh.

"Really?" Drake said, amused. Just then Espeon came up, Pichu on her back. The latter, at the sight of Ash in the screen, ran up to it, and began calling Ash, not even knowing if the trainer hears him or not.

---

Richie finished first, way ahead of the others. He was handed the envelope containing the next set of instructions. He looked back down, and saw the only familiar face: Ash, way back in fifth place.

'Come on, Ash. Don't get beaten this earlier in the race...'

Richie opened his envelope, at the same time calling his Charizard. The next location is in Dewford Town. The trainer hopped onto his flying-type, and they sett off southwards to Dewford Town.

Ash watched as Richie flew off. With his Pokemon cheering him on from below, he summoned a large surge of adrenaline that allowed him to scale the face with the agility of a Monferno. The other competitors were astonished, but inspired, to go fast as well.

Just at five feet from the top, Ash stopped to take a breather. He glanced at his card, and it flashes 3rd. But he mustn't stop there now. At the top, the first Dragonite trainer is already preparing to take off.

Our hero planted his feet on a slit, and, with a large force from his leg muscles, jumped all the way to the top. He landed hard on his knees. Ignoring the pain, he ran to the official. The latter handed him the envelope, just as Pidgeot, with the Pokemon onboard, flew to him. Ash, was grabbed by the extended hands of Squirtle and Pikachu, who pulled him onto the Bird Pokemon.

Pidgeot flew away from the tunnel. Ash immediately opened the envelope. Like Richie's we saw before, the instructions lead him to Dewford Town, off the coast.

---

"As you can see, I have coordinated all the tasks with the help of the Hoenn gym leaders," Drake was explaining. "They are the ones that organized each challenge."

"But where are they?" May asked.

"They are busy right now in... Another engagement..." May didn't press the matter further, as Drake seems he doesn't want to divulge too much information.

Pichu, meanwhile, is sitting in front of the screen showing Ash. It realised that its father can't respond to him, since there's a crestfallen look on the baby's face. Birch rubbed his beard, thinking of something. Then he rose from his seat.

"May, it seems that your Pichu is a bit lonely," the professor commented. He rummaged in his bag, and took out three Pokeballs. "Just so happens that I have the perfect playmates for it."

From Birch's three Pokeballs came the Hoenn starters. Pichu wheeled around away from the screen, and saw a Treecko, a Torchic and a Mudkip, all stretching and yawning. The baby jumped off its seat, to join the three starters, who, like Pichu, are babies themselves.

The four Pokemon greeted each other, then started chasing each other across the aisle. Save for Mudkip, who looks like he is still sleepy. May turned to Professor Birch. "Thanks, Professor..."

"Don't mention it. I feel like the starters need a little exercise before I give them away to new trainers tomorrow..."

Just then Pichu tackled the sleeping Mudkip. Torchic joined in, but Treecko stayed upright, not knowing what to do. Sceptile, who was lounging nearby, looked at his pre-evolution disapprovingly.

---

Ash cringed as he sprained his knee landing on top of the hard tunnel earlier. He took off his shoes, to inspect the damage. "Nothing ice can't heal," he assured himself.

On cue, Squirtle gave him some ice chunks, courtesy of his Ice Beam. "Next stop is Dewford Town, Pidgeot, southwards. Let's go!"

Pidgeot crowed, and folded her wings for another Agility. Ash is in a good position right now, at 3rd, but he won't win the competition if he stays that way.

---

It's not just Drake who's supervising the race. Mask is also watching, through an unknown connection. His eyes, hidden, of course, behind that grotesque mask, is trained on our hero.

From the darkness behind the throne-like chair Mask was sitting on, Wire appeared. She has her head low, daring not to look her master in the mask/face.

"Master, is there anything you wish?"

"Nothing. Just make sure our captives are restrained."

Wire slipped a look at the screen. Ash is shown flying over the sea in Route 106. "Do you wish for me to get rid of him?"

"No. I want to see just how he fares against Drake... But there's no harm in giving him a few more challenges..."

"It will be done, Master..." Wire disappeared.

CONTINUED...
    -So you see, Mask will only test if Ash is good enough for his time. Guess who will be the one to save the day?

Spoiler:- the 5th:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Funny how Pichu was calling for Ash on TV.
    Wonder how Blaziken will react to Sceptile saying about the dark side...
    Mask is just way too mysterious for his own good.

I hope there is a tie breaker between Ash and richie that would be cool.
    May is right ash is always getting a bad start
    - Diamond Team

I am the king of grass types

Wow, Richie's first and Ash is third. The cuteness of SPichu is amazing. And the dark side, is it the influence of women like described by Sceptile long time ago, or Mask? And Ash's savior, Team Rocket, Team Aqua?

Funny how Pichu was calling for Ash on TV.
    Wonder how Blaziken will react to Sceptile saying about the dark side...
    Mask is just way too mysterious for his own good.
    -Pichu has inherited Ash's density, sort of.
    -Sceptile and Blaziken, still working on it...
    -I like my villains that way.

Quote Originally Posted by leafy-the-hedgehog View Post
    I hope there is a tie breaker between Ash and Richie that would be cool.
    May is right ash is always getting a bad start
    -Nice, yeah, I never thought of that. Thanks for the suggestion.
    -A reviewer once asked a silly question about that: Is Ash part Regigas? The catch: Regigas has Slow Start.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoozaru View Post
    Wow, Richie's first and Ash is third. The cuteness of SPichu is amazing. And the dark side, is it the influence of women like described by Sceptile long time ago, or Mask? And Ash's savior, Team Rocket, Team Aqua?
    -I thought it was kind of obvious. Sceptile meant that he has to follow May temporarily, so that's the dark side he's talking about.
    -No, the spoiler tag said "5th". Now, tell me, what recurring event happened in this fic about four times already? Since that one in the spoiler would be the fifth, and probably final, of the said similar events. HINT: This is the first chapter when the first event was hinted.

P. S.: Please tell me how to make quotes from different posts? It took me an hour doing this single post above, so please help me again!
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 21st August 2007 at 8:36 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

You press the multiquote (little white thingy) on the bottom left hand corner on each post you want to quote, then when you have the quotes you want, click reply.

-A reviewer once asked a silly question about that: Is Ash part Regigas? The catch: Regigas has Slow Start.
    Isn't it spelled Regigigas?
    Last edited by Ze Skarmory; 21st August 2007 at 10:49 AM.

That was the beginning of a very cool race scene.

Ash's injury is gonna come back to haunt him, isn't it? I wonder, with Mask being the champion, how does Cynthia fit in to all of this? She is Champion in that one anime episode. (I'm not absolutely sure about that, 'cause I don't live in Japan.)

The way I see it, Ash has three options for legendary hyper beams. One is Typlosion, two is May's Blaziken, and three, which I think is actually rather likely, Ash beats Ritchie, and gets HIS Charizard to use against Mask.

The suspense is killing me, please keep writing.

Isn't it spelled Regigigas?
    -Sorry about that. Stupid keyboard's jammed a little.

Ash's injury is gonna come back to haunt him, isn't it?
    -In the race, yes, and right after that.

I wonder, with Mask being the champion, how does Cynthia fit in to all of this?
    -The explanation, I know it's in the back of my mind, but, I'll notify you when I figure it out myself. XP

The way I see it, Ash has three options for legendary hyper beams. One is Typlosion, two is May's Blaziken, and three, which I think is actually rather likely, Ash beats Ritchie, and gets HIS Charizard to use against Mask.
    -So you think that Ash is going to trade? What is he gonna trade for the latter two?
    -When you find out who is going to be the holder of the fire Hyper Beam, you'll be surprised.
    EF64: Waveriding

The other competitors have caught up with Ash. Even though our hero still is in 3rd place, he is barely maintaining it. Pretty soon the island that is home to Dewford Town is in sight.

The Fearow trainer, a girl, sideswiped Ash, and took his lead. Momentarily dstracted, another followed suit, and Ash is now back in 5th place again!

'Oh, for-' Pidgeot landed on Dewford beach right between the Fearow from before and a Dragonite.

Ash jumped off Pidgeot, but his legs still feel sore. "Don't worry about me," is his answer to the concerned look on his Pokemon's faces. Ash, ignoring the pain, ran down the beach, following the trail marker pointing towards the second challenge.

The four leading trainers, including Richie, are already stripping down to swimwear. Ash ran to the official, and the latter handed him the envelope containing the second challenge:

Plant the flag on top of the target, while surfing the waves.

The target is fifty feet above seal level, near the peak of a small crag out to sea. Squirtle ran up to Ash. Squirtle(Looks like you need ME for this one...)

While Ash stripped himself, his Squirtle readied the surfboard they will be using, a blue and white-stripe. Everyone else is at sea already, awaiting the next wave. Richie(who was using a Vaporeon, by the way), who failed on his first try. Because of this, the Fearow trainer that swiped Ash before, who is an experienced surfer, easily took the lead. She was able to plant her flag right on target.

Ash and Squirtle then paddled out to join the others, a flag in hand. Squirtle, who's on the tip of their board, turned around to face his trainer.

Squirtle(I feel that I lost my coolness without my shades. You ever done any surfing before, Ash?)

Soon the water started rising beneath them. Squirtle jumped to his feet on the board, and so did Ash. "Let's get ready for it, buddy!" Ash spread his arms wide to keep his balance, as their board rode the wave. In his right hand is the flag, while the left is swaying to keep too much weight off his legs.

Squirtle stirred the surfboard starboard, circling them around the wave. Ash caught up with Richie, who was on the same breaker. "Let's see who gets their flag in first, Ash," Richie called to him.

"You're on!" Ash retorted, and the two exchanged grins. Then the two trainers faced forward, the crag, and its target, in sight.

Ash cringed a little, but he remained focused. "Squirtle, NOW!" Ash spun the board around, so Squirtle is now behind him, and the latter fired Hydro Pump! The powerful stream propelled Ash off his board, straight towards the crag!

Richie was stunned, caught by surprise at Ash's daredevil stunt. However, it worked, and, as Ash sailed over the crag, he was able to drop his flag right on top!

The reckless trainer dropped into the water in a large splash. Squirtle paddled right next to him, as Ash's head surfaced, spouting water.

Squirtle(And they call me reckless!)

"Looks like I win the bet!" Ash called upwards, at Richie. But, at that exact moment, Richie was able to land his own flag, right next to Ash's. Then he splashed right next to our hero.

"You were saying?" Richie asked, eyes twinkling.

"Never mind," Ash said. Together with their Pokemon, the two of them swam to shore. The official greeted them with a card slot. Ash slid his card in first, then Richie.

The official then scanned the time. "Jr. trainer Ash will be departing for Mauville City later today at 7:41 P. M. Jr. trainer Richie will be departing at 7:42 P. M."

"Huh?" both boys asked.

"The racers will be given a mandatory rest period before they continue. I suggest that you make the most of it."

---

In Lilycove City...

May is seen waiting in the Pokemon Center. Drake was at the harbor, waiting for his ship to arrive. Professor Birch is seen talking with the Lilycove Nurse Joy.

In the Pokemon area of the Center are May's Pokemon, Birch's starters and Sceptile. The latter, even for a self-proclaimed loner, felt out of place.

Birch's starters are starting to get interested in the Stage 2s. The catch is, the timid Treecko is attracted to Blaziken, and the quirky Torchic seemed smitten with Sceptile!

Both larger Pokemon grabbed their admirers by the armpits, and held them close. Blaziken felt pretty much the same with her charge, but Sceptile is otherwise.

Sceptile(Kid, you're way out of your league. Stop staring at me like that.)

Torchic stared at the Forest Pokemon with her beady eyes. Suddenly, she Pecked Sceptile right on the nose! Super-effective!

Sceptile(YOWCH! HEY!) He dropped Torchic to the floor, which prompted her to cry.

Blaziken approached, with Treecko hugging her, er, chest. Blaziken(What did you do now?)

The Forest Pokemon turned to her. Sceptile(I didn't do nothing! This whackjob just pecked me in the face!)

Just then he got a good look at Blaziken and Treecko. Sceptile(Uh, did you notice that he's touching your-)

Blaziken, fists flaring, Fire Slapped him. Squirtle and Munchlax flinched at the impact. The Forest Pokemon touched the part where it connected.

Blaziken(Pervert! And, for your information, this is a girl!)

The fire-type walked off, Treecko still in her hands. Torchic, after sticking a tongue out at Sceptile, followed.

Sceptile(Again with the dark side! I was only concerned. SHEESH! I'll never understand women!)

---

Ash and Richie finished the Dewford challenge at 3:30 P. M. That gives them about four hours to rest before setting off again. The two decided that that is a good time to reacquaint, and introduce themselves to the other racers.

The competitors sat around a large table, filled with food provided by the officials. The same treatment is given to the racer's Pokemon. Ash, completely famished, took second helpings of everything he could reach. But the others were also hungry from the past challenges, so the caterer had to keep coming back for more servings!

Richie was all sympathy when he heard about Ash's Charizard. The latter was telling everyone how much the fire-tye changed ever since his humiliating loss to Richie in the Indigo League.

"Well, I'm pretty sure he's in a better place now," Richie told his friend.

"Yeah," Ash said, but it still pains him for thinking about his Pokemon. Just then he was stirred out of his thoughts when his Pokegear started ringing. Ash stared at his gadget, and the screen showed a sprite face of May. "Excuse me," he said, rising from his seat. Pikachu took notice, and, after whispering something to Butterfree, Squirtle and Cyndaquil, silently followed their trainer, while Pidgeot rolled her eyes, in amusement.

Away from everyone(except for his eavesdropping Pokemon, of course), Ash returned the call. "Hey, May, what is it?"

"Ash, can't we talk on the vidphone? I've got something to show you..."

Her boyfriend could do nothing but comply. He asked where the nearest vidphone is, and linked his Gear to its network plug. Soon both trainers are face to face on the screen. "So, what is it you wanted to show me?"

May grinned. "This..." At that moment,from beneath May Pichu appeared! "Pichu misses you very much, Ash..."

'That's it?' Ash thought, sweatdropping. "You called me from- Wait, where are you calling from?"

"I'm here in Lilycove City. We're waiting for Drake's ship, which will take us to the finish line." May gave him a suspicous wink. "Which, of course, I am not allowed to tell you where, of course."

"Hey!" Ash countered, pretending to be offended. "You're the one who made the call, so I'm not asking for anything, of course!"

"Oh, Ash, I know that, I'm just joking with you." Just then, Pichu jumped from May's arms, and ran straight for Ash. It ran straight into the screen, hurting itself! Pichu rolled backwards, and May grabbed the baby. Pichu began crying, either from the pain or from not being able to touch its father. May began rocking Pichu again, to calm it down. "See, Ash, Pichu does miss you..."

Ash heaved a huge sigh. "Fine." Pichu stopped crying, and hopped off it's mother's arms again. This time the baby approached the screen slowly. Pichu pressed its face to the screen, trying to reach out to Ash. The baby rubbed its cheeks up and down against the T. V., for which both Ash and May sweatdropped.

"Ash," May said knowingly.

"Aw, geez, not that again..."

May repeated herself, but she didn't have to. Cyndaquil, who was behind Ash without the latter knowing, flared up, and Pikachu, smiling mischievously, blew the flames in Ash's direction, courtesy of Butterfree. Though only slightly, Ash could feel the heat touching his posterior.

"YOWCH!" The Pokemon immediately scuttled out of sight, as Ash rammed his head to the screen! "Oooof..." Pichu now thinks that Ash is rubbing cheeks with him affectionately(which, technically, is sort of true) so it's quite satisfied now.

CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 22nd August 2007 at 7:00 PM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Sorry I couldn't say anything earlier, stupid school bus makes me late by like two hours everyday.

Wouldn't Ash get hurt from the power of the Hydro Pump? I mean, it is a pretty powerful move...

Hehehehe, Treecko is being a pervert :P And what about Mudkip?

Now Ash has to deal with a burnt rear, sore legs, and a sore cheek.

Man Ash is getting all sorts of injures in the Drake's Cup. More Sceptile and Blaziken humor, I wonder, if the Treeko really a female or a pervert.. So the exciting parts starts next chapter right?

realy good, 1 of the best i've ever read, plz write more

EF64: Current Events

Ash, with a sore cheek(he doesn't know what caused the heat, XP), said goodbye to May. The girl smiled at her charge, who smiled right back.

After hanging up, Birch appeared. "Well, May, I'll be seeing you. I have to return to Littleroot for the new trainers. As long as you stick close to Drake, you'll be safe."

"Thank you, Professor."

"When you meet up with Ash, tell him I wish him luck."

"I will, thanks again." Birch walked away with a wave of his hand. The starter Pokemon, all lined up, walked behind him. Pichu waved goodbye to its friends.

May lingered around the Pokemon Center for a while. The news circulating around the place is, of course, about the race.

---

Ash rested his sore knees the rest of the break. But he told himself and his Pokemon that he's ready to take off already. But there is still about two hours to spare.

Richie and his Pokemon just sweatdropped as they watched Ash prance about impatiently. 'That's not doing your bad leg any good, Ash," Richie said, calming down his friend.

"I know, I know, I just can't sit around here any longer!"

His Pokemon just waved their hands in regret, more(and larger) sweatdrops falling from their faces. Richie stared at them with a strange look.

Ash just stared at his watch as the digital watch ticked fown to 7:40 P. M. The racer before him, Sheila, has already departed at 7:35, for the southern outskirts of Mauville City. At 7:39, Ash already mounted his Pidgeot, and, just as the official announced him to take off, he left with a flash.

---

Meanwhile, deep in New Mauville...

A mysterious figure is seen crouched beneath the New Mauville generator's main control. After whoever it is is done, he/she turned around to face the camera, and it is actually Wire.

"There," she said, just as Bomb appeared behind her.

"Are you finished?" the latter asked, itching to get out of that place. "It won't be long until the race officials will be here."

"Stop your complaining. I'm making sure that I don't mistakes like you did." Bomb glared at her. "I am finished." She stared back at the large machine that was maintaining the entire New Mauville. "Once the racers enter, they'll be in for a shocking surprise."

---

Richie, a minute later, followed suit. Charizard immediately caught up with Pidgeot, and Ash and Richie are head to head.

For mere minutes, they were passing over the sea, northeasternbound. They passed migrating Wailord and Pelipper, and lounging Tentacool and Tentacruel, all in a blur.

Later, zooming noises behind them announced that their opponents are catching up. Ash kept his face straight on ahead, just as Slateport City came into view. The second Fearow, and a Dragonite, was what Richie saw behind him. They're gaining speed, fast.

Ash, who has a mere 1 second lead on his friend, has now passed Cycling Road after Slateport. Pikachu, next to Ash, spotted the race marker, and nudged his trainer to notice.

Pidgeot landed right next to the marker, and Charizard followed. Ash and Richie raced each other in following the markers. The trees gave way to barren hills, and soon the two found themselves in a small canyon.

There is a cave opening to the east side of the canyon, and the two headed there. An official is standing by at the entrance to the cave. The official handed the trainers an envelope each.

As Ash opened his, two of the other racers have caught up. The racer that was first before Ash hasn't resurfaced back yet. It's anybody's game now.

The instructions read:

Find the generator room inside the labyrinth that is New Mauville. There the next instructions lie.

The paper crumpled in his hand, Ash ran straight in, without thinking. Richie, without a word, followed suit.Just as they left, Sheila emerged. She called out her Fearow, and using the canyon as a landing field, took off northwards. It seems that she's heading for Lavaridge Town.

Ash, with Pikachu, are now running along the white hallway of New Mauville. The trainer has to catch up with the leader, who already completed this challenge, while maintaining his own lead over the other racers.

'Okay, think, Ash, how are you going to find the generator room in a place like this? Hold on-' "Pikachu, you can sense where the electric current is strongest, right?" Pikachu nodded. "Okay, then, lead the way."

Pikachu gave a saluting motion, and ran ahead of Ash, his senses attuned to such environment. Ash ran after his Pokemon, thinking that he got this challenge in the bag.

---

Meanwhile, Richie is in another part of the labyrinth. He, too, has decided to use his Pikachu, Sparky, the same way that Ash is doing right now. It seems that the racers, even though it is unknown to each of them, have taken different paths.

Ash and Richie met at a crossroads, but they were intent in finding their goal that they just passed each other without saying anything. Pikachu stopped for a second at a three-path fork, then went down the middle. At the next fork, however, Pikachu suddenly stopped.

His trainer knelt down beside his partner. "What's wrong, Pikachu?" The Electric Mouse tensed, sensing danger. Just then, Ash felt it as well. Ash saw large bolts of electric currents running dangerously along the walls around them. "That can't be good..."

Ash suddenly felt the current touch his feet. He jumped back, saying, "What's going on? Is New Mauville this active?" The currents suddenly burst through the ground, electrocuting Ash! The trainer fell to the ground, on hands and knees.

Pikachu(ASH!)

Ash rose only slightly at the tone of Pikachu's voice. He put a hand on the back of his head, shaking off the headache the unprovoked attack gave him. "I- I'm okay," he said, standing up shakily. "What just happened?" he asked himself.

Trying to be more careful this time, Ash and Pikachu went on. They soon reached a large open area. The ground is thirty feet below them, and the way to the exit is crossing a shaky metal walkway.

Ash and Pikachu walked over the walkway slowly. The currents are running through the walkway as well. Luckily, Ash's rubber shoes are protecting him from them this time. Ash and Pikachu exited the room without any hassle.

When they reach the next room, the two were blinded by a powerful light. It seemed that wild Magnemite and Magneton, that have been wandering safely around the labyrinth, are now attracted to the charges.

The Magnet Pokemon surrounded Ash and Pikachu. Ash looked around at them uneasily. 'I don't think that electric charge I got before will help right now...' As if to confirm his thoughts, the Magnemite began sticking themselves to Ash's body! The Magneton followed suit.

Pikachu tried taking the Magnet Pokemon off Ash by using his Discharge. But the Pokemon won't take off! Just then another Discharge came from the direction Ash and Pikachu came from. It was Sparky and Richie, who have arrived just in time.

Richie ran to Ash's side, and helped his friend to his feet. "Are you okay, Ash?"

Ash sighed in relief. "Yeah. I'm glad that you arrived when you did. Thanks." The Magnet Pokemon left, and the two trainers got a good look at the room they were in. It's the generator room!

The two looked each other, then at the box at the center of the room. Ash opened it, and it contained envelopes with the new instructions. He grabbed one, while giving another to Richie. Together, with their Pikachu, they headed towards the door.

---

A good thirty minutes later, Ash, Richie and their Pokemon came out of New Muville, all out of breath. It seemed that the Magnet swarm chased after them again as they ran out.

It was there that they opened their envelopes. Ash also took a glance at his race card, and saw that he is now in 3rd place. Inside the envelope read:

Lavaridge Town, at the foot of Mt. Chimney.

"Lavaridge Town, huh?" Ash said to himself as he and Pikachu remounted his Pidgeot. "Let's go!"

Pidgeot took off, heading north. RIchie shook his head amusedly as he followed with Charizard. 'Is he always this in a rush?' he asked himself amusedly as Charizard took off after them. The moon is in clear view behind them.

---

The old-fashioned Spanish-style wooden ship, the Dragoon, left Lilycove Harbor at the strike of midnight. May is seen at the port side of the large boat, leaning on the railings. Pichu was near her legs, gazing at the sea below them.

Drake walked up to them, from the bridge. "How do you feel about my accomodations?" he asked casually, like a hotel clerk addressing a customer.

"I feel fine, thank you," May replied. Drake left for the bridge, as May looked out to sea again.

'I have this bad feeling again,' May thought absentmindedly. 'Please stay out of trouble, Ash...' At that moment, Pichu let out a loud yawn. May smiled, and bent down to pick the baby up. "Now let's see if you can sleep now without Ash..."

There is the sign of regret on Pichu's face. But right now it hd the hat and shades to be preoccupied for now.

CONTINUED...
    -This chapter is a bit rushed. I was planning on Mask's 'sabotage' to be a little more dangerous, but, sorry about that. His interference will intensify every challenge after this, I promise.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 29th August 2007 at 5:34 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

So this is where they went, in order: Meteor Falls, Dewford, New Mauville, and soon Lavaridge. Am I right?

Funny how Ash didn't find out who burned his rear.

Was the ship that Drake and May went on the same one from when they met Drake for the first time?
    Last edited by Ze Skarmory; 25th August 2007 at 3:20 PM.

So this is where they went, in order: Meteor Falls, Dewford, New Mauville, and soon Lavaridge. Am I right?
    -You've mistaken that for Rusturf Tunnel. Otherwise, it's correct.

Funny how Ash didn't find out who burned his rear.
    -He's too busy talking with May and Pichu, remember? Also, there is the fact that his head was against the phone screen, and the Pokemon escaped before he could turn around. XP

Was the ship that Drake and May went on the same one from when they met Drake for the first time?
    -Yes. I'm pretty sure it is a Spanish-style ship(A. K. A. a galleon), right?
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

-You've mistaken that for Rusturf Tunnel. Otherwise, it's correct.
    Oh ya. Well, they are like near each other, so I was close :P

-He's too busy talking with May and Pichu, remember? Also, there is the fact that his head was against the phone screen, and the Pokemon escaped before he could turn around. XP
    I wonder if he will ever find out who did it...

-Yes. I'm pretty sure it is a Spanish-style ship(A. K. A. a galleon), right?
    I guess Drake's ship (which is this) does look somewhat like this.

Btw, congrats on new rank.

Hmm, that ain't very challenging, guess Wire must've did something wrong or didn't put it to full setting. It isn't that powerful of a shock... And Lavaridge, something to do with Mt. Chimney I guess.

Btw, congrats on new rank.
    -Oh, man, I was hoping for it to be Koga next. I have a thing for ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoozaru View Post
    Hmm, that ain't very challenging, guess Wire must've did something wrong or didn't put it to full setting. It isn't that powerful of a shock... And Lavaridge, something to do with Mt. Chimney I guess.
    -As it goes for the whole race, that act of sabotage is large in proportions. You'll see right now.
    EF65: Can You Dig It?

The flight between from the outskirts of Mauville City to Lavaridge Town was short. Ash arrived only two minutes in between. He and Pikachu looked around the volcano just as Richie arrived.

Ash found the official right nest to the Route 112 entrance of Mt. Chimney. The former handed the instruction envelope to Ash. He opened it:

There is a quarry found near the crater of Mt. Chimney. There, dig up Red Shards. The maximum number of Shards you collect will affect your standing in the race later. After digging up at least three, that will allow you to get the next instructions from the official.

"I'll need a digger for this one," Ash said aloud. "Cyndaquil, I choose you!" The Fire Mouse Pokemon appeared, and jumped to Ash's shoulder opposite Pikachu, as the trainer began his ascent to the peak.

---

Even though Ash and Richie left New Mauville safely, the other racers weren't so lucky. The longer the electric surge lasted under the race official's nose, the greater threat it became. Even Mauville City was affected, in the form of a blackout. This caught the attention of Wattson, who immediately sent for experts.

Out of the 4 racers that went inside at the same time as Ash and Richie, only one was able to complete her challenge. This last placer was able to continue with the race.

---

Overseas, Drake received the notice on the incident just as the Dragoon arrived in Evergrande City, at sunrise. He frowned at the incident.

'Mask,' he thought, rubbing his chin. 'What did you do now?'

Oblivious to what happened, May woke up in one of the ship's guest quarters. At her side, Pichu was sitting upright, clutching Ash's hat.

"You really do miss him, don't you?" May asked. Pichu turned to face her, as May stroked its ears flat against its back.

---

Luckily, unlike Rusturf Tunnel before it, Mt. Chimney has a path that officials allow racers to run into. So, Ash had no trouble reaching the top in no time. He briefly took a look at the crater right in front of him, being reminded of Charizard again.

Ash, after the painful reminiscing, glanced around. The quarry where he is supposed to be digging is found to his left. Sheila, the race leader, is still there, having difficulty in completing the challenge. Cyndaquil and Pikachu jumped from Ash's shoulder and ran ahead, in order to start early.

The Fire and Electric Mice split up to go dig up in different parts of the quarry. Sheila's "digger" is a Marshtomp, who is now underground, spouting up and down in different parts of the quarry.

Ash jumped into the pit-like area, resulting in a cloud of gust. He began clawing through the sand of the quarry in a random spot pick, while his Pokemon are digging somewhere else.

Richie arrived minutes later, with him is presumably his digger, a Dunsparce. The Ground Snake Pokemon started digging, using, of course, its drill-like tail, just a few feet to Ash's left.

Richie, meanwhile, began working somewhere to Sheila's left. Of all the luck, it was Richie's Dunsparce that dug up the first Shard. The Ground Snake brought his spoil to his trainer.

Ash glanced at them, then resumed digging, ignoring the sand getting under his nails.

CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 29th August 2007 at 5:35 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast