Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Trials of the Elite Four(AAMAYL/AdvanceShipping)

Spoiler:- Drake's Pokemon:
    First come love then comes marriage, then a baby in a carriage! That's what Charizard was thinking right? I loved that pokemon. Nice advanceshipping episode, will the continue story have more advanceshipping?

Charizard is a pervert.

Well now it is obvious, so of course it's Palkia. Wierd how Mask has Dialga.

So why the beep? It's kinda obvious it is Palkia.
    FC: 1761 9350 7870

Credit to RaiBlade for the userbar
    Through the Fire and Flames (DragonForce) is claimed by me.

Good chapter, guess i was right, thought it was Palkia when u said it was a water pokemon, only water/dragon legendary (i think) so it's obvious, nice advanceshippyness, continue soon plz
    Advance shipping rules! Ash and May for ever!

My fanfic: The Start of a New Beggining

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoozaru View Post
        Spoiler:- Drake's Pokemon:
    First come love then comes marriage, then a baby in a carriage! That's what Charizard was thinking right? I loved that pokemon. Nice advanceshipping episode, will the continue story have more advanceshipping?
    -My answers to your questions: Both yes. For the latter, if I don't, then I would lose you guys as reviewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Skarmory View Post
    Charizard is a pervert.

Well now it is obvious, so of course it's Palkia. Wierd how Mask has Dialga.

So why the beep? It's kinda obvious it is Palkia.
    -How true, maybe Brock-itis spread on him as well.
    -Forgot to edit that out.
    EF81: Showdown at [Nearly] High Noon!

The Charizard Express landed at Evergrande Pokemon Center at daybreak. The plane is still slightly miffed, after both Ash and May had to make a detour before to relieve themselves of airsickness. I'm guessing that Ash spilled something on Charizard along the way. Hope not, actually...

Max, Brock and Misty are waiting for them at the entrance of the Pokemon Center."Where have you two been?" the latter gym leader asked her friends worriedly.

"You gave us quite a scare," Brock added. His voice is stern, but as Ash and May approached, he pulled Ash aside away from Max and the girls, as Misty draped May in a blanket. "So, did you tell her yet?" he whispered. Ash shook his head, and the breeder groaned.

Meanwhile, Max is busying himself with May, like a brother naturally should. "Now, why are your clothes wet?" Misty inquired. "Come on inside so you can get changed..."

---

At 11:00 A. M., Ash alone walked the small corridor leading from the lockers to the arena. All his clothes are on, except for his hat, which was(of course) with Pichu. Ash shielded his eyes from the glare of the late morning sun as he walked to his podium.

The arena is the same as the field Ash used in his latter matches against Dake: the rock field. However, there are just a few rock pillars, making it a nearly clear field. The field is so large now(200x200), that the podium for the battlers is just a few feet to the entrance to the locker rooms.

Ash looked around the stands. Behind him are his friends. Aside from them, there were about a thousand spectators in the arena. Ash clenched his fists, and glared over the arena towards his opponent, Drake. He has the Master Ball in his hand.

"Trainers," the referee announced, "call out your Pokemon..."

"Go, Charizard!" Ash said, throwing his Pokeball into the air and calling out his Charizard. The Flame Pokemon flew in the air, then landed just a few feet in front of his trainer.

Drake narrowed his eyes at Ash's Charizard. "I already told you what Pokemon I'm using, yet you still decide to choose your Charizard."

"I trust my Pokemon, and I know we can beat you this time," Ash retorted.

Drake closed his eyes, and smiled inwardly. "Very well, then. Meet the Pokemon that saved me from a tragic accident long ago." With a simple flick of his hand, the Elite threw his Master Ball into the air.

From the Pokeball came out a towering(at 13' 9"), white-and-pink dinosaur-like creature. The long neck and large legs attributed to its size, and the white growths behind its back stuck out like wings.

Max's eyes widened, but his expression was the most subtle compared to the others. "That's- That's-"

Brock gritted his teeth. "Palkia, a Legendary Pokemon!"

"And Ash knew that that is the Pokemon he will be fighting?" Hikari finished incredulously. "Why?!"

May only eyed the large Pokemon silently. She already knew about Palkia, Ash told her, remember? "Good luck, Ash," she whispered.

Way back in the bleachers, Gary stood with his grandfather. He was also surprised at Drake's secret weapon. Samuel Oak, however, was not. It seems that the older researcgher knew about Drake's possesion of Palkia as well.

All around the world, in each of the four regions, this battle is the only program everyone is watching on television. Not a single soul wasn't tuned in to the upcoming battle.

"Rematch. Ash's Charizard vs. Drake's Palkia. BEGIN!"

"Charizard, fly into the air!"

"Palkia, use Water Pulse!" Palkia fired a wave of Water Pulses at his opponent. Charizard dodged them by taking off. The latter tried swooping in for a Steel Wing, but had to withdraw his attack or he'll get hit by more Water Pulses.

"Dragonbreath, Palkia/Charizard!" Both dragons fired yellow flames from their mnouths. The projectiles met in midair, causing a small explosion.

"Come on, Charizard, close in for Seismic Toss!" The Flame Pokemon was able to get his hands on the Spatial Pokemon. Charizard strained himself, trying to lift the Pokemon(which was more than twice his size), but to no avail!

"No way!" Ash exclaimed, as the smoke cleared, seeing his Charizard couldn't lift his opponent.

"Palkia, Spacial Rend!" Drake commanded. Before Charizard could fly away to safety, Palkia slashed the air around him. The attack caused a vacuum-like effect, causing the remaining smoke to swirl in a powerful vortex!

"That was Spacial Rend, Palkia's signature move!" Max exclaimed.

Charizard quickly landed, and planted his feet, to secure himself from the powerful attack. Still, he felt the full force of the air-tearing attack.

"Use Aqua Tail, Palkia!" Palkia, fast for his size, rammed into his opponent with Aqua Tail. The thick tail slammed Charizard at the back of the head, crashing to the ground. And Palkia wasn't finished just yet. He jumped into the air, then fired Hyper Beam, but the fire-type quickly recovered, and flew sideways to safety.

"Use Dragon Rage!" Charizard, just a few feet off the ground, barrel-rolled, and fired a yellow, orb-like shockwave at Palkia. Since he was still in the air, he's vulnerable, and the Dragon Rage made a direct hit.

Momentarily stunned, it seemed that Palkia was plummeting to the ground. But, "Another Spacial Rend, Palkia!" The dragon-type thrust out both his long arms downwards. The vacuum created was able to break his fall, and Palkia safely landed on his feet!

'No way!' Ash screamed to himself. Charizard, who went airborne again, narrowed his eye. "Charizard, circle around him and use Dragonbreath!"

Charizard circled around to the back of Palkia, and fired Dragonbreath from there. However, at the last moment, Drake commanded, "Spacial Rend!" Another powerful twister surrounded Palkia, blocking Dragonbreath! Then, Palkia pushed the Spacial Rend straight towards Charizard, trapping Ash's Pokemon!

"Hyper Beam!" Palkia fired the powerful attack straight at Charizard.

The latter wasn't able to evade, as he was still flinching from the effect of Twister. Thinking fast, Ash ordered, "Steel Wing!"

Charizard folded his wings right in front of him, the only way he could defend himself for now. The Hyper Beam hit the Steel Wings, barely harming Ash's Pokemon.

"This is your chance, Charizard! Use Steel Wing again, this time to hit Palkia!" Wings still glowing, Charizard dived diagonally, flying straight for the Spacial Pokemon. He scored a direct hit, but Palkia is still able to stand. The Flame Pokemon closed in for another Steel Wing, but Palkia whirled around and grabbed the glowing wings. His grip strong, the dragon Pokemon hurled Charizard to the ground!

Charizard rolled and stumbled on the ground, stopping just in front of Ash. Charizard slowly rised with his hands, breathing heavily. He eyed the giant Pokemon in front of him.

While his Pokemon is taking a breather, Ash noticed Charizard's tail-flame. It grew for a second before going back to its normal size. "Charizard, Flamethrower!" Red-hot flames shot out of Charizard's mouth, aiming for Palkia. However, even though the dragon was hit full-force by the blast, he was unfazed, due to having a double-resistance. But that's not what Ash had in mind.

Momentarily blinded by a Flamethrower to the face, the first thing Palkia saw is Charizard, who used a powerful Take Down on him! Too late to defend himself, the Spatial Pokemon ws knocked backwards, but only by two feet! Charizard quickly flew away before his opponent could grab him again.

Charizard started circling his opponent from a distance again, firing Flamethrowers and Dragonbreaths from multiple directions. Palkia kept whirling around, but couldn't score a hit to the fast Charizard. "Another Spacial Rend, Palkia!" Drake commanded, coolly. Palkia slashed the air again right in front of him. The vacuum vortex appeared again, and it's right in Charizard's path!

The Flame Pokemon is swept in circles again by the powerful attack. "Palkia, Hyper Beam!" Then, the Spacial Pokemon is seen charging up. Charizard, still stunned, has no time to evade or defend from the attack! Palkia fired Hyper Beam, which hit Charizard square in the belly! The fire-type fell to the ground, face first, and, with his and Ash's luck right now, crashing into a rock pillar, destroying it as well, along the way.

"Ash will lose at this rate, if he can't find a way to get through Palkia's powerful attacks," Misty said worriedly.

Brock nodded. "Palkia is a very powerful opponent for Charizard. Being a water-/dragon-type, fire attacks are very ineffective against him." Brock placed a hand on his chin. "If Ash knew all along that Drake is going to use Palkia, then why stay with Charizard?"

"Because Ash trusts Charizard," May spoke up, confidently. "If so, then we should trust them, too..." From those words, the others could only stare at her, before returning to the battle.

---

In the Evergrande City Center's recovery room, Ash's five Pokemon(minus the please I hope not comatose Pikachu) are watching the match as well. They are sharing the same thoughts as Ash's friends.

Feraligatr(Man, that is one powerful Pokemon!)

Sceptile scoffed at the Big Jaw, then headed out to the door. Sceptile(Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Mikey. Now, tell me again why didn't the Boss pick me instead? I can take down tha- YOW!) It seems that May's Blaziken, who was also there, yanked on his ear again. Sceptile(Now why'd you do that for, woman?!)

Blaziken(How many times do I have to tell you that you will not move a muscle until you fully recovered, Raph!)

Feraligatr snickered as Sceptile slumped back to his hospital bed. Sceptile(I knew you were Raph the whole time...)

Sceptile(SHUT UP!)

---

Thirty minutes have already gone into the match, and Palkia has obviously gained an upper hand starting then. Charizard is losing momentum in the battle, and Ash is at a loss for what to do. Drake, however, even with an apparent victory at hand, was expressionless as he gave his next command.

"Earth Power, Palkia!" The Spacial Pokemon slammed both claws to the ground. Fissure cracks began to form beneath them, datrting across the ground to beneath the still-fallen Charizard. The ground gave way underneath Ash's Pokemon, and Charizard fell from the crater created by Earth Power. Palkia then jumped into the crater, trying to land a flurry of Slashes at Charizard.

Charizard jumped backwards, then fired Flamethrower at the airborne Palkia. The dragon-type countered with a Hyper Beam, and the more powerful normal-type attack broke through the Flamethrower. Luckily, Charizard summoned some of his strength to fly away to safety.

"Use Dragon Rage again, and combine it with Dragonbreath, Charizard!" Charizard fired the orb-like shockwave again, then, like his trainer instructed, used Dragonbreath straight after. The second projectile hit the first, and Dragonbreath increased the velocity of Dragon Rage, propelling towards Palkia!

"Spacial Rend again, Palkia!" Palkia slashed the air around him again. And(again) a vortex surrounded him, protecting him from th attack(AGAIN!). Palkia is unhurt even with the combination Ash thought of!

The Flame Pokemon spat flames on the ground in fury. Fire-type attacks are ineffective, Seismic Toss is highly improbable, how in the world can Ash and Charizard continue to fight this powerful Legendary Pokemon?

CONTINUED...
    -As I noted on ff.net, this is the longest 1-on-1 battle I ever wrote!
    -Charizard's victory will not rely on Blast Burn(too much) or dragon-type moves. Believe it or not, one of his earliest attacks in the series will be the key. I'll keep you guessing 'til the end, he, he. CLUE: There is a small hint in this chapter, on Charizard himself, about the attack.
    -My wacky, Advanceshipping eFics:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

when you say the serries do you mean the whole pokemon anamie saga (as in way back in kanto) or your fic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Romke View Post
    Mmm, its a sandstorm based team and I dont know if spirittomb works well. I keep that 1 in mind Thanks! What about shedinja?

-Of course I mean in the entire anime. If you noticed in my fic, that, except for a little flashback, Charizard had no major roles until the latter half of the Elite competition(in Bruno's Cup).
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

good chapter.

Feraligatr snickered as Sceptile slumped back to his hospital bed. Sceptile(I knew you were Raph the whole time...)

Sceptile(SHUT UP!)

did Feraligater supposded to say (I knew you were Raph the whole time...)?

There are some mistakes in your chapter this time, minor one's but too lazy to point out. Man, Charizard is getting his butt kicked out there, I hope his can win... As for the victory attack...     Spoiler:- Victory Attack:

-Oozaru, you didn't notice the fact that Palkia was too heavy for Charizard to lift with Seismic Toss.
    -On my way to fix the mistakes. Thanks.
    EF82: A Battle's Blasting Burn!
    (another reviewer's contribution)

We left the last episode with Charizard waiting for his trainer's next command. Ash, however, is at a loss, wondering how he could defeat Palkia now. 'Now I'm beginning to think if I made the right choice!' Ash thought, quickly losing his confidence.

Drake wasn't about to wait, though. "Palkia, Dragonbreath!"

Palkia complied, and Charizard, not waiting for his trainer's words, used Dragonbreath as well.

---

Because she had to attend to her Charla, and the stadium is to its fullest capacity, Lisa had to stay in the park and Poke-sit. To compensate, there is a large screen near the park, so they, too can watch the action.

Charla looked on worriedly as her mate struggled against the larger Palkia. Her offspring, however, not knowing the danger they're father are in, are carousing around the park.

One is spotted leaning with his back to a tree, tail lapped in front of course, watching his siblings. It seems he thinks they're antics are too annoying. Right beside him is Toxicroak, lost in thought.

Toxicroak(Hmm, I like this kid's style. I may have found my sucessor...)

Another Charmander is dancing dangerously close to the fountain, amusedly watched by May's Squirtle and Espeon, who he seems to have a crush on(which one, I don't know). Neither one is interested in him, yet they continue to watch.

The last one is the most dangerous to take care of. He doesn't know the difference between a rock and Snorlax's head(who was sleeping face down), and kicked it at the dome! Snorlax's head rose above the ground, blew the Mander away with a simple breath, then slumped back to sleep.

---

Palkia, who managed to get a grip on Charizard again, slammed him against the face of a nearby pillar. The pillar crumbled on impact, and Charizard once again lay on the ground, Palkia looming dangerously over him.

"Let's end this, Palkia," Drake slowly said. "Spacial Rend!"

"An attack like that," Max pointed out, "in close range could be fatal!"

These words made May stand up abruptly, Pichu clutched in her hands. "Ash!" she shouted, getting his attention. "Snap out of it, or Charizard is really going to lose!"

Luckily, May was able to return his focus in the battle. "Charizard, quick, get ot of the range of the attack!" Charizard spun around, and used his tail to swipe Palkia's feet, throwing him off-balance. With that action, Charizard's back is now to his opponent, but still took off in that direction, safely away from Palkia's attack.

Ash breathed a sigh of relief. 'That was close,' he thought, wiping his brow. 'But we're still nowhere close to defeating Palkia.'

Suddenly, Ash heard a powerful boom overhead. He glanced upwards, and saw a thundercloud overhead. "Oh, great," he said sarcastically. "That could mean rain, if I don't end this soon. Unless..." Ash's eyes widened, and he got an idea. 'Even if Palkia is a dragon-type, he's still also a water-type. That means he's still affected by electricity! I got it!'

"Charizard, put your speed to good use! Create a tornado around Palkia now!" Charizard is fully exhausted, but his determination fueled his adrenaline, following his trainer's command. The Flame Pokemon flew near the borders of the ring, then circled the field in a tornado, with Palkia at the center!

'I know what you're planning, Ash, but I won't let you suceed!' Drake thought. "Palkia, Spacial Rend!" The Spacial Pokemon arched his hand back, trying to use the attack again, but-

"I won't let that happen! Charizard, you know what to do!" In response, Charizard fired Dragonbreath straight into the eye of his tornado, hitting Palkia! The dragon was hit in the face right before he could deliver his signature attack, ensuring Charizard's safety!

"Yes! Keep at it, Charizard!" The Flame Pokemon kept circling the arena, and any countermeasure Palkia tried was easily countered by Dragonbreath before they can be executed. Even Drake is getting as disoriented as his Pokemon, but remained focused.

The more Palkia gets disoriented from the bombardment of Dragonbreaths, the closer Charizard circles to his target. The tornado is also slowly growing in height, reaching the thunderclouds overhead. Then it was apparent to everyone what Ash was planning.

Brock pointed out Ash's earlier brainstorm. "He's making Charizard's tornado swallow up the clouds and trapping Palkia in them!" he shouted over the roar of the wind and the crowd's cheer.

"Palkia will be bombarded by who knows how many thunderbolts that way!" Hikari agreed.

"But that's still risky," Max added. "Look at Charizard!"

What Max said was true. Charizard did gain an upper hand now, but at what cost? He's running out of energy from his laps around Palkia, as well as the Dragonbreaths. They could clearly see him trying t catch his breath while maintaining speed.

Ash noticed this as well, and clenched his fists. "Come on, Charizard, just a little more..." Charizard managed to seal the tornado with another spin at the top, trapping Palkia and the thunderclouds inside! Yellow lights now start to flash from within, followed by loud roars. Palkia is feeling the full force of thunder now!

However, Drake has a plan. He tried to issue an order to Palkia, probably Hyper Beam, but Ash got to him first. "Now, Charizard, use Fire Blast!"

Charizard flew high right above the tornado, and used Fire Blast. The powerful Chinese-character shaped flames collided with the tornado and the clouds, causing a massive explosion that engulfed the arena reaching the even farthest seats!

Drake had Palkia use Spacial Rend again to clear the whole area with the blinding smoke. When visibility is clear, Charizard is nowhere to be found! Drake and his Pokemon looked around in confusion, then the former trained his eyes on Ash. The Elite saw his opponent with a confident look, staring straight upwards. Drake followed his gaze, and shielded his eyes from the noontime sun.

Even though he couldn't see through the sun's glare, Drake knew what he was staring at. Charizard is high above all of them(maybe fifty to hundred feet above), his back to the sun!

"Palkia, shoot him down with Hyper Beam!"

"Charizard, straight downwards for the kill!" The Flame Pokemon evaded the long-range attack sent to him, then nosedived straight downwards at Palkia. Charizard barraged Palkia, who was still recovering from Hyper Beam, with several Dragon Rages. Palkia felt every single one, but stood his ground.

At the last second, Drake commanded, "Another Hyper Beam!"

"Charizard, use Blast Burn!" Ash countered. A large fireball formed from Charizard's mouth, ready to use another powerful attack. In a split second, Palkia could be seen firing Hyper Beam at the same time as Charizard with Blast Burn, just as the two Pokemon collided head-on. The collision caused another explosion, and another batch of smoke!

Ash and Drake craned their eyes to adjust to the smoke. But only when it was partially clear that they were able to see.

The arena was nearly clear, but there is still smoke on the ground. Charizard and Palkia are nowhere to be found. Then, Ash saw what appears to be Charizard's head rising from the smoke.

But, finally the smoke completely disappeared, revealing that Palkia was holding Charizard up by the neck! The Spacial Pokemon threw his opponent a few feet in front of Ash.

Ash dropped to his knees. 'No. Charizard...' It is apparent that Charizard has gave it his all, but it just wasn't enough...

"Charizard is unable to battle," the referee announced. "The winner of this match is-"

"WAAAAIT A SECOND!"

"WOBUFFET!" From behind the referee the ex-Rockets tackled him, each by the limbs! Then Wobuffet appeared right on top of them.

"Get off me!" the ref declared angrily. "SECURITY!"

"Wait!" Jessie shouted again. "Don't call it yet!"

"Yeah, Pokemon are supposed to have swirly eyes when they faint, don't they?!" James added. "'Cause Charizard sure ain't!"

---

The recovery room of the Pokemon Center was full of pandemonium! Sceptile and the other Pokemon are causing a riot, trying to get through to Charizard so he won't give up the battle!

Sceptile(Come on, you! Don't get beaten just like that! Keep on fighting for the Boss!)

Feraligatr(Uh, yeah, what he said!)

Pidgeot(Come on, Charizard...)

Lapras(Don't give up now...)

Nurse Joy had to call several wards to calm the Pokemon down. The commotion, however, has finally awakened Pikachu, who opened his eyes right in front of the T. V. screen, where Ash and Charizard are clearly seen in their present state.

Pikachu(Ash... Charizard...)

CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 28th September 2007 at 4:42 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

The suspence is way too much! good chapter, can't wait for more, plz get next chapter up soon or i'm gonna die it's soo good, lol, Team Rocket saves the day, didn't expect to see that.

Attacks eh?
    I'm gonna guess a couple now:
        Spoiler:- guesses:

James and Jessie have a point there.

if i remeber corectly the first move charmander used was flamethrower. Odly enough Ash's pokemon seem to know powerfull atacks when he captures them
    Quote Originally Posted by Romke View Post
    Mmm, its a sandstorm based team and I dont know if spirittomb works well. I keep that 1 in mind Thanks! What about shedinja?

Yay! Charizard got them back on even footing but no swirly eyes, Charizard not down yet! So Charizard commented on the move, if I remember correctly, it was the attack I suggested. Man, Charizard get up! And if I am not wrong, it looks like the TotEF is going to end very soon, sad but the start of a new story!

Maybe Charizard will kill it with a fire attack if it uses Blaze?

Quote Originally Posted by Necroexodia View Post
    Maybe Charizard will kill it with a fire attack if it uses Blaze?
    OMG.
    How could I forget Blaze. I bet Blaze does have something to do with it.

EF83: Fighting as One

Charizard lay motionless, eyes closed, on the ground. The ex-Rockets may have given him a little more time, but it may be all for naught. Ash clenched his fists. 'Come on, Charizard,' he urged again. 'Please, get up...'

---

In the Pokemon Center, the Pokemon there are shouting the same things Ash is thinking of right now. Sceptile also has his fists/claws clenched, and Feraligatr's jaws are gritted in anxiety.

Pidgeot and Lapras's eyes are fully trained on the battle. They seem to have lost their other senses in the concentration. They didn't even notice Pikachu in between them, slowly crawling towards the T. V. screen. Pikachu(Don't give up now, Ash. Charizard!)

---

The same thing's happening at Professor Oak's lab way back in Pallet Town! In this case, it wasn't a Nurse Joy who had to deal with it, but Tracey.

"Guys, calm down!" he shouted over the roar of the Pokemon.

Primeape is seen jumping from one leg to the other. Primeape(How can we calm down? If Charizard loses, then we all lose!)

Bulbasaur(Yeah. Come on, buddy, you're part of the Kanto Three! Don't let us down!)

Squirtle(Kanto Three? What about Pikachu? Isn't he part of us, too?)

Bulbasaur narrowed his eyes at his best friend. Bulbasaur(I didn't mean that it was Pikachu that was excluded...)

Squirtle(Huh? HEY!)

---

Without warning, Ash jumped down to the field, and skidded to a stop right beside Charizard. The referee is about to shout a penalty when Team Rocket interrupted him again by covering his mouth.

Ash kneeled down and stared at the closed eyes of his Pokemon, while the entire stadium could only watch. "Come on, Charizard," he urged again. "Don't give up now, please!"

Charizard grumbled, but he tried standing up with his hands. However, they gave way, and the Flame Pokemon's face fell to the ground again.

"Ash," Drake called from the other side. "Give it up. Your Charizard has given it's best, but it's not just enough..."

Ash stood up, and turned towards Drake. "I'm not going to give up. Because of you, if I lose, then I'll lose my Pokemon! I'm not giving up on them, and they will never give up on me!

"Charizard has fought not only for me, but for our friends as well. I'm not going to let him fight this battle by himself anymore. I'll be fighting alongside him now!"

"ASH!" May shouted behind him. "Behind you!"

Charizard(Oooh, my aching head. All those voices-) Ash turned around, and saw Charizard's body covered by a red aura! Then, the fire-type slowly, but surely, rose with his hands again, but this time he managed to get to his feet. Charizard(Those voices keep telling me not to give up, when it's unnecessary...) He locked eyes with his astonished trainer. Charizard(-because I'm never giving up at all...)

"Charizard!" Ash exclaimed. Charizard gave his trainer a lopsided smile. Charizard(I think we still have unfinished business, don't we, Ash?) Trainer and Pokemon nodded at each other, then both stared ahead of them straight at Palkia.

"Well," Jessie said to the referee, releasing her hold on him. "Don't you have something to say?"

"Don't boss me around!"

"Sorry about that," James apologized, not for attacking the ref, but for Jessie. "She does that to anyone, and- YOW!' Jessie bopped him on the head.

The ref looked at them curiously, then cleared his throat so the crowd can hear him. "Um, sorry, but Charizard is still ablt to battle. The match may continue. May Charizard's trainer please leave the field."

No," Ash countered. The entire stadium's shocked, at his answer. "I said that I'm going to fight alongside Chariard, and that's what I'll do." Ash turned back to Charizard, and the Pokemon gave him another lopsided smile.

Charizard whirled around, exposing his back to Ash. Understanding the gesture, Ash hopped on, feeling the intense heat of Charizard's Blaze aura, but ignored it. Then Charizard turned again to face Palkia. But the referee is about to protest. "Wait a second! That's against the- MmmmPPH!" He got gagged by the ex-Rockets again.

Drake cleared his throat, and everyone's attention is on him now. "Let them be. He might learn a valuable lesson..."

Jessie ungagged the referee, who was less than happy. "If the opponent allows it, then, I guess it can't be helped!"

The crowd cheered, and May saw Pichu waving Ash's hat at her to get her attention. She stood up again, and called for her boyfriend's attention. The latter turned around, and May took the hat, which Pichu willingly gave to her. "Ash, you're going to need this!"

She threw the hat towards Ash. Charizard took off after it, and Ash grabbed the hat in midair. He slapped it onto his head, and turned it backwards. Charizard grinned, and so did Ash.

The referee regained his composure, and he allowed the ex-Rockets to stay close to him, provided they don't cause trouble again. "Let the battle continue!"

Charizard circled the stadium, and he and Ash are nothing more than blurry red flashes to the crowd. Palkia followed them with his gaze, but never leaving his spot. The lattr Pokemon fired multiple Water Pulses at his targets, but they missed thanks to Charizard's speed.

Ash shielded himself from the wind around him frm Charizard's flight. "We can't run all the time. We have to attack him head-on!" he shouted over the roar of the winds around them.

Charizard nodded. Charizard(And how do we do that?)

"There's got to be something I missed," Ash continued. Then, he glanced behind him, and saw Charizard's tail-flame. Then he remembered something in earlier in the battle. "I got it! I can't believe I didn't think of it before!" Ash leaned forward to whisper something to Charizard. "I've got a plan, but you've got to trust me on this, okay?"

Charizard(Hmph. If I didn't trust you, then I wouldn't be here right now!)

Ash grinned, like he understood his Pokemon or something. Both of them eyes trained on Palkia, Ash shouted aloud, "Charizard, Double Edge!"

Charizard broke out of his revvolution, then charged towards Palkia at great speeds. The Spacial Pokemon brcaed himself, getting ready to grab Charizard when he gets close.

But Ash has anticipated this. "Quick, Dragonbreath straight into his face!" Charizard fired Dragonbreath at Palkia, and, as directed, right in the face of Palkia. Then Charizard hit him with the Double-edge, sending the larger Pokemon backwards. Palkia blindedly waved his arms around, trying to grab Charizard, but the latter managed to fly away right after impact.

Charizard repeated the process, Ash hanging on during each hit. Palkia was always attacked before he was tackled with Double-edge, so Charizard won't get countered.

Everyone watched tis all in interest. "That's his plan?" Max asked rhetorically. "Attacking Palkia from random points. Why? Did he run out of ideas?"

May, too, was worried as to what Ash is planning. "I really don't get it," she agreed with her brother. Why's he using a dangerous move like Double-edge?"

Brock crossed his arms. He figured out what Ash's plan is. "Listen to this, guys. Misty, did you notice anything about Charizard every time after he hits Palkia?"

Misty focused on Ash and Charizard, who landed another Dragonbreath-Double-edge combination at their opponent. Then she focused on the flame on Charizard's tail, which was growing after each hit. Her eyes widened. "The flame on his tail... Brock, you don't think-?"

The older gym leader nodded. "Ash does have a plan after all. A risky one at that, though..."

"Uh, care to fill us in, Brock?" Hikari piped up.

"Yeah, what about Charizard's tail?" May added.

Brock turned to them. "The flame on Charizard's tail is growing. Only one attack can do that. And it's Rage."

Misty nodded, following Brock's train of thought. "Ash is having Charizard use Double-edge, so the attack will affect Charizard as well. For every hit, Rage increases Charizard's strength. If it's increased to enough potential, then-"

"Charizard just might be able to use Seismic Toss!" Max finished. "Wow."

Brock wrinkled his eyebrows. "But it's too risky. Charizard lost most of his energy earlier in the battle, and Double-edge is shaving away what's left of it."

Just then, Charizard dealt another Double-edge attack on Palkia, throwing the larger dragon off-balance that he fell on his back! Charizard flew straight upwards, and Ash had to hang on dangerously by the neck so as not to fall off.

Charizard stopped to make a breather a good hundred feet in the air. Ash patted his Pokemon on the back of the neck. "Just a little more, Charizard," he said. "We're wearing Palkia down."

Charizard(I'm wearing me down, too...)

Both their attentions were turned back to the ground below. Palkia has just got back to his feet, and is now staring at them menacingly. Charizard loloked at Ash, and the latter nodded knowingly.

Ash held onto Charizard's neck again as the dragon nosedived, swooping in straight for Palkia. "Dragon Rage!" Charizard fired multiple shockwave-like orbs at Palkia.

However, the latter easily parried the attacks with a sing of his massive arms. Palkia then fired Water Pulse straight towards Charizard. The water waves hit Charizard by his belly, and Ash was pushed upwards off Charizard!

The Flame Pokemon immediately broke out of his freefall to grab Ash onto his back. Charizard then swerved sideways to dodge more incoming Water Pulses, then returned to solid ground, and, for a split second, he's face to face with Palkia.

'Okay, I take it back, Palkia isn't worn down at all!' Ash thought. "I need something more to power up Rage faster, but what?" He stole a glance at one of the rock pillars around them. "Charizard, let's use Plan B!"

Charizard(Okay, only I don't know what our Plan B is!)

Ash whispered orders to Charizard, then the latter made a sharp U-turn, flying towards a rock pillar. "Steel Wing, Charizard!" Charizard flew straight past the pillar, slicing it with his Steel Wing!

Dake furrowed his brows. The pillar is nowhere near his Palkia, so the dragon can't take damage. 'What is he trying to do?' The Elite got his answer when Charizard grabbed the chunk of the fallen pillar, and is now going to ram it right at Palkia!

"Destroy it, Palkia!"

The Spacial Pokemon has now thrust both arms out for Dragon Claw, but that's exactly what Ash was hoping for. "Charizard, Rock Smash!" The tips of Palkia's claws have just touched the rock when Charizard smashed right through! Millions of sharp rock debris hit both Pokemon and Ash, and Charizard dug his claws at Palkia's body. The tail-flame is now growing nearly twice his size! And the crowd can see Palkia being pushed backards, the ground giving away at his feet!

Palkia started pounding on Charizard as the latter continued to push him backwards. But the Flame Pokemon folded his wings around Ash with Steel Wing, acting like a shield. The pounding weakened Charizard, but they're powering up his Rage even more! Soon the tail-flame has grown to a point that it was even larger than Palkia himself!

Much to everyone's astonishment, Charizard has finally lifted Palkia into the air! Ten, twenty, forty, eighty feet, and higher did Charizard use the rest of his strength to lift the larger dragon, gaining more altitude, and Ash had to hang on by the neck again.

Drake knew what was coming next. "Palkia, in that distance, use Spacial Rend!" The Spacial Pokemon raised his right claw into the air, then brought it down on Ash and Charizard. But the latter knew it was coming, and grabbed the striking claw with his own!

"Not-" Ash began.

Charizard(-happening!)

"Do it, Charizard. SEISMIC TOSS!" Ash bellowed at the top of his lungs. Charizard spun once on his back, then pulled on the extended limb downwards, and pushing with the other. Palkia is now hurtling to the ground face-first at great speeds.

Palkia thrust out his arms forward again, to break his fall with another Spacial Rend. Charizard then hovered in the air right above him, and Ash gave his next command. "Don't let him break his fall, Charizard. Blast Burn!"

Ash felt the heat on Charizard's body leaving him, and going in one direction, to his mouth. Charizard opened his mouth wide, trained on the target below. Palkia craned his neck upwards, and his eyes widened as he saw what was coming next. Charizard fired the most intense beam of fire at Palkia, pushing him faster downwards!

Palkia smashed through the field, creating another smoking explosion that nearly reached even Ash and Charizard above. When the smoke cleared, a large hole is the only thing visible.

All Ash and Charizard could do now is watch, as they've both run out of breath. Then, a large claw crept out of the hole, followed by Palkia. He crept out of the crater on all fours before falling on his stomach right in front of Drake.

The entire crowd is in awe. The ex-Rockets have their mouths hanging open in astonishment, then Jessie noticed the referee was openmouthed as well.

"Hey!" she screamed in his ear. "Don't you have something better to do?!"

"OW! Stop shouting. Okay, okay, you have a point. Palkia is unable to battle. The victory goes to Ash and Charizard!"

CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 28th September 2007 at 6:33 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

*gasp* a startling turnaround of events well woven in words.

What happens next? I'm dying to know!!!

/off
    I'll review here instead of in FF.Net from now on.

This is the start of a brand new journey...

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

Woah, so we were wrong, it was a combination of Blaze, Rage, Sesmic Toss and Blast Burn! Most awesome battle ever. Now I am guessing at least two more chapter till this saga ends.

Nah, we still have to see what Mask has in mind for Ash.

This is the start of a brand new journey...

FF.Net +
    PB + DA + Blog

Well that was a dramatic conclusion to a great battle.
    I'll assume that you'll be writing a bit of post-war (heh) fluffiness now, or is there still something major left for this story?
    Might be Drake's explaining about Mask and all. Well, can't wait for the next chapter: I hope you start up with the sequel soon enough.
    PS: I guess this was the 2nd time Charizard defeated a legendary right ? - please corrent me if my statement it invalid.

really good chapter, can't wait for more, Charizard won! YAY! i think it is the 2nd time, he defeated Articuno and now Palkia (might be forgetting some) hope u update more soon

Awesome chap i knew charizard had it in him after all he is the best starter pokemon in the kanto games.

I think charizard only beat articuno and now palkia, so i guess its as strong as a legenary pokemon now

Credit goes to Tyranidos
    Advanceshipping all the way

he's prob stonger than a legendary sine he had a humungas disadvantage against Palkia

edit: new rank = yay
    Last edited by Necroexodia; 30th September 2007 at 5:18 PM.

That was awesome. However, I did think the thing where Ash getting on Charizard may have been a bit cheesy.
    So...was that the end end, or was it just the end?

it's aint the end yet, it can't be, mask still needs to answer for his crimes

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast