Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Trials of the Elite Four(AAMAYL/AdvanceShipping)

Quote Originally Posted by Brittish1991 View Post
    he he this is a differant version to the battle on fan fiction
    -I already mentioned that this version is 3-on-3, where ff.net has 6-on-6. Sorry about that mix-up.
    EF71: Battling Friends Part II

"Now, another Steel Wing Attack!" The Bird Pokemon's wings shone again, and then she flew straight towards Zippo. The latter sidestepped the attack, then used Double-edge, once again taking Pidgeot down along with himself!

"Roost, Pidgeot/Zippo!" Those words both came out of Ash and Richie's mouths. Pidgeot flapped her wings hard against the ground, trying to soften her landing. The same thing happened with Zippo. After the near-fall, both Pokemon are on the frozen solid ground, both breathing heavily.

"Okay, Zippo, trap Pidgeot with Fire Spin!" Richie commanded. Pidgeot covered herself as the flames from Zippo's mouth surrounded her. Ash ordered his Pidgeot to use Gust attack, but nothing's happening.

"Pidgeot, use Steel Wing on the ground!" Wings shining again, Pidgeot complied, slamming them to the ground. It caused the dust to pick up, breaking the Fire Spin!

Then Pidgeot and Charizard flew towards each other with more Steel Wings. The collision was in mid-flight, and then Pidgeot slammed a third Steel Wing right at Zippo's face.

Zippo, after the attack, crashed face-first to the ground. Ash and Pidgeot weren't finished. Ash ahd Pidgeot pick up altitude, then, nosedived, with the command, "Quick Attack!"

Pidgeot ecked at Zippo's back with great speed. The latter barrel-rolled on the ground to face Pidgeot and fire Flamethrower.

Luckily, for Ash, his Bird Pokemon was too quick to be hit by the fire-type. Zippo stood up again, then fired another Flamethrower at his circling opponent. "Pidgeot, close in for a Wing Attack!"

Richie waited at the right moment, not doing anything. Then, just before Pidgeot could connect, he ordered Zippo to grab both her wings.

The Bird Pokemon is trapped in Zippo's arms, right where he wants her. "Flamethrower!" At close-range, Zippo let out a powerful blast right at Pidgeot's face! He released, and the Bird Pokemon was sent backwards.

"Pidgeot!" Are you okay?" Ash called to his Pokemon in concern. She answered by saluting with the digits of her wings. But she was struggling to move, as the last attack caused her to be Burned!

"Pidgeot, Steel Wing Charizard again!" Pidgeot winced for a second, due to Burn, but complied. She flew straight towards Zippo again.

This time, with Pidgeot flinching from her injuries, Zippo has the upper hand in terms of speed. He grabbed Pidgeot again, and slammed her downwards again.

"Now, Zippo, Heat Wave!" As the Bird Pokemon lay on the ground, Zippo flew straight upwards, then breathed the powerful fire-type attack.

The force of the attack was creating a crater on the ground, with Pidgeot as the center/core! Ash grimaced at the perdicament of his Pokemon.

But, Pidgeot isn't about to give up. Amidst the breath attack, Pidgeot stood up, and spread her wings wide again. Ignoring the Burn all across her body, and the Heat Wave, Pidgeot began ascending towards Zippo again!

Ash punched the air with his left hand as he gave Pidgeot encouragement. "Hang on a little more, buddy!"

With one last burst, Pidgeot tried a Quick Attack-Agility combo, hiting Zippo before he could even react! At the collision, both Pokemon were careening towards the ground again!

After falling, both Pidgeot and Zippo struggled to stand up, but couldn't. The referee signalled another tie. "Both Charizard and Pidgeot are unable to battle!"

After recalling their Pokemon, both boys exchanged grins. Only one thing is going through their minds. 'This is the battle I have been expecting from you, insert name of opponent.'

They are both down to their last Pokemon. Ash called Quilava, and, to everyone's surpise, Richie's third is a Metagross!

Neither Ash nor Quilava are intimidated, nor excited. Richie is well-aware of the typing, but Ash knew he has something up his sleeve.

"Quilava, start things off with Agility!" Quilava circled Metagross in great speeds, but Richie knew this was coming.

"Metagross, Gyro Ball!" The iron legs of the large Pokemon snappily folded sideways, the large main body slamming to the ground. Then, Metagross started spinning. With his legs extending his reach, Metagross's opponent has nowhere to go but-

"Jump, Quilava, then Swift!" Quilava jumped high, right before the legs smashed through the spot he was earlier on. Then he fired star-like projectiles at the spinning Iron Leg Pokemon. The attacks were ineffective, an Quilava found himself falling down towards the spinning Pokemon!

Quilava landed on top of Metagross's bulky head, and was losing his balance due to the latter's spinning. "There's nowhere for your Quilava to go now, Ash," Richie said. "Okay, Metagross, you've got Quilava right where you want him. Mind Reader, then Flash Cannon!"

Metagross's eyes rotated upwards, focusing on Quilava on top of him. Then, light started to engulf Metagross. Then, all the light seems to be concentrating from the tips of his legs to the cross formation on his face. The Iron Leg Pokemon fired Flash Cannon straight forward, but it arched back, aiming for Quilava!

"Quick, Quilava, evade!" Ash ordered. No use, as Mind Reader ensures a perfect hit. Quilava, at his own risk, jumped off Metagross, but the steel-type projectile attack kept following him!

Luckily, Metagross stopped his Gyro Ball to concentrate on hitting his opponent with Flash Cannon. This gave Quilava plenty of room to run from the blast, but what use is it? Quilava darted in and around his opponent's legs, trying to evade the attack, but still no dice. The beam of light that is Flash Cannon is still chasing him, and it's gaining!

CONTINUED...
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 7th September 2007 at 5:24 AM.
    -My wacky, Advanceshipping eFics:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Noooeeess!!! Quilava must not be defeated!!! It must evolve!!!

Also, I had a feeling it was gonna be a tie, since the Pikachu's did tie.

And since when does Metagross learn Mind Reader?
    FC: 1761 9350 7870

Credit to RaiBlade for the userbar
    Through the Fire and Flames (DragonForce) is claimed by me.

I hate Metagross, Steal + Phychic is good combo and can be hard to beat, i think Quilava will win though, can't wait for more
    Last edited by Necroexodia; 7th September 2007 at 9:35 PM.
    Advance shipping rules! Ash and May for ever!

My fanfic: The Start of a New Beggining

Quote Originally Posted by Ze Skarmory View Post
    And since when does Metagross learn Mind Reader?
    -Being a fire-type on Quilava's case is enough to cut Metagross down to size. I have to give Metagross an edge, right? I mentioned this technicality here.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Didn't I review? Must have been stuck in a lag or something... Anyway... Another draw meaning unless the last battle is another draw, it will decide it. I have a feeling that Quilava might evolve in this battle but if Flash Cannon get Quilava, it will lose any advantage it might had.

EDIT: Um, I am not sure, but this is the place where I became a Rising Trainer... So yay me!
    Last edited by flamingoozaru; 8th September 2007 at 4:25 PM.

EF72: Battling Friends Part III

After a long chase, Quilava was finally hit by Metagross's Flash Cannon. The Volcano Pokemon knocked backwards, but he's still conscious, clawing the ground to reduce the velocity. He struggled, but Quilava still managed to stand up.

"Quilava, Flamethrower!" Quilava used his fire-type attack against the Iron Leg Pokemon's face, but the latter didn't seem affected! Ash saw why: Richie had Metagross use Protect again!

"Meteor Mash, Metagross!" Metagross walked machine-like towards his opponent, then tried to slam a large fist downwards, at the still-fallen Quilava!

Reacting instinctively, the Volcano Pokemon curled into a ball to use Flame Wheel. The Iron Leg Pokemon's Meteor Mash met with flames, and he drew back his fist in recoil, wincing. Still in ball form, Quilava rolled around Metagross, trapping him in a circle of flames.

"Metagross, Gyro Ball again!" Assuming the spinning position again, Metagross spun around. This time the velocity of his spin was so fast that it blew the flames away!

Quilava was also starting to get carried away by the gust of Gyro Ball. He planted his claws on the ground again, but it doesn't seem effective for the second time. To Ash's astonishment, Quilava was lifted off his feet by the Gyro Ball!

"Quilava, use Flamethrower to propel yourself back to solid ground!" Ash ordered. The Volcano did as ordered, and he was sent flying the other way around, straight back to Metagross. Quilava landed right on the Iron Leg's cross marks. "Use Flamethrower again!" This time facing his opponent, Quilava fired Flamethrower once again.

At that point-blank range, there is no way for Metagross to protect himself. The Iron Leg felt the full-force blast of the Flamethrower. His legs start to tremble, but Metagross is still able to stand! Richie smiled at the effort of his Pokemon.

"Use Mind Reader and then Hyper Beam!" Metagross concentrated his eyes on Quilava again. Ash's echidna didn't turn away, the two locked their sights against each other. "Agility, Quilava!" Ironically, in slow motion, Quilava moved, just as Metagross fired Hyper Beam.

Quilava moved nimbly across the large landmass, in and around Metagross's legs, just like before. Richie narrowed his eyes, wondering why Ash is trying to use the same evasive strategy that failed him before. "Meteor Mash!"

'Not good!' Ash thought frantically. 'Quilava can't escape two attacks at a time!'

The Iron Leg's large right foreleg reached to the sky, then smashed down towards Quilava, who, unaware of the 2nd attack, was racing towards him. It was too late for Quilava to take notice, and the gigantic fist bore down on him with intense force! Hyper Beam connected with the leg, but it didn't do too much damage.

When the large leg was lifted, Quilava was nowhere to be found. Instead, in his place, to Ash's relief, is a hole,meaning that the Volcano Pokemon escaped the perdicament by going underground. Metagross kept Mashing at Quilava. The fire-type kept going up, then back down, in different places of the island, before the Meteor Mash could connect.

This scenario got Ash an idea. He kept silent, not even throwing a single command as the whack-a-Quilava game went on. Soon the island is riddled by holes, thanks to Quilava, and Metagross is confused as to where his opponent could appear next!

"Now, Quilava, Overheat!" Ash shouted tohis invisible Pokemon. The ground beneath Metagross began to heat and melt, and the gigantic Pokemon's weight had him sinking into the melting mess. But that's not all. From the holes before, flames began spouting out! The flames, to Richie's astonishment, are engulfing his Metagross!

When the fire died down, Metagross had enough. Now all his legs buckled, and the full weight of his main body fell to the scorching ground, knocked out. Quilava surfaced right behind him, breathing heasvily due to Overheat, but otherwise okay. The referee waved the red flag. "Metagross is unable to battle. The victory goes to Ash and his Quilava!"

"YES!" Quilava tried standing on his hind legs to cheer, but couldn't, due to exhaustion.

Ash jumped into the field to hug his Quilava, and the stadium erupted into tremendous applause. Richie overcame his loss, and joined in the clapping as well.

---

Ash and Richie met in the locker room later that day. "Congratulations," the latter said. "I never had a battle like that for a long time."

"Yeah, me, too." Ash and Richie shook hands, just as May arrived with Pichu. The baby, as usual, jumped from May's arms to stick to Ash's face, causing them all to sweatdrop.

"That's just his way of congratulating you, Ash," May said, giggling and shrugging.

"Oh, that makes me feel a lot better," Ash said sarcastically.

---

To give anticipation for the main event, Ash is given a one-day period to prepare his Pokemon. The trainer called for the lab, returned Squirtle, Butterfree and Quilava, in exchange for Feraligatr.

Ash is going to use the following Pokemon: Feraligatr, Lapras, Pidgeot, Sceptile and Pikachu. He knows that, as well as his Pokemon, they're going to need all the help they can get.

The Pokemon park is a busy central of training for Ash and his Pokemon. At the seashore, Feraligatr could be seen stretching, ready to go for a swim. He will be racing Lapras, as exercise for both of them.

Pidgeot is seen circling the entire perimeter of Evergrande City, as a form of training as well. Richie and Sheila accompanied Ash's Bird Pokemon, with their Zippo and Fearow, respectively, so the latter could concentrate on his other Pokemon. The most animosity that Richie's own flying type showed to Ash's was to challenge her to a race.

Sceptile, meanwhile, is sparring with his girlfriend Blaziken, instructed by May. As Leaf Blade and Sky Uppercut met in midair, Blaziken managed to strike up a little conversation.

Blaziken(I hope for your sake that you win this, or else...)

Sceptile(Hey! Why is it that when you always talk to me you give out a threat?!)

Pikachu, meanwhile, was given the most training courses. He was given an improvised target range for his Charge Beam, a quarry(courtesy of Brock and his Pokemon) for practicing Iron Tail, and another improvised course, this ime a race-like one, for increasing the speed of Volt Tackle.

The training was tiring, yes, but the determination to win all of this is present in Pokemon and trainer.

---

At nightfall, Ash gave his Pokemon a well-deserved break. They need the energy for tomorrow's battles. Brock provided the Poke-chow, of course, much to everyone's gusto.

Feraligatr tried filching Sceptile's meal, but the Forest Pokemon took notice, and chasd the Big Mouth around, again. Pikachu(I'm glad that I'm not part of THAT anymore...)

Ash and his Pokemon sat around a campfire, well after everyone else had gone to sleep. The exception is May, who stayed up with Ash, and, of course, the I-cannot-sleep-without-my-mommy-or-daddy afflicted Pichu, who was being bottlefed(unknown to May) with ketchup. The trainer stood up, and adressed his Pokemon.

"This is it, guys. The moment we've been waiting for. We fight Drake tomorrow, and everything, for us, is on the line. I'm not doing this just for myself, and not just for you guys... I'm doing this for all our friends in Pallet Town. Let's not let ourselves down, okay?"

This followed a roar of agreement among the group. And, much to Ash and May's surprise, applause from the background, as well. "Nice speech, Ashy-boy." When the trainers turned around to the source, Ash could see Gary leaning on the tree where Sceptile usually hung out.

"Gary!" Ash exclaimed. How long have you been there?!"

"Just long enough," his rival said shortly. He had an amused, lopsided smile on. "Nice speech," he repeated.

Ash snorted, not pleased with the new arrival. "Thanks," he said airily. Suddenly, Professor Oak appeared behind Gary! Following him are Jessie, James and Meowth.

"Now, now, Gary," Sam told his grandson. "Ash has every right to pep-talk his Pokemon before a big battle."

---

Ash kept tossing and turning in his sleep. He opened one eye, stared at his Gear watch, and groaned. It is just 3:00 A. M., seven more hours until his big battle. He sat upright, and eyed the prone figures to his left side of the bed. May and Pichu are sleeping comfortably.

The latter, however, woke up at Ash's movements. Pichu sat upright like Ash, and eyed its daddy, head canted to the side. Then, Pichu jumped the air from its sleeping position to hug Ash's face again!

The trainer just held Pichu on his face, heaving a huge sigh. "Wow, you sure know how to cheer me up," he said.

Once Pichu woke up, May also woke up. She, too, sighed, at the way of Pichu's showing of affection. "Waht's wrong? Can't sleep?" she asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I guess I was just too excited about tomorrow." He pried Pichu off of his face, and handed it back to May. He then got off the bed. "I'm taking a walk."

May looked at Pichu looking at Ash, then said, "Pichu can't get to sleep anyway. We'll go with you." She, too, got off the bed, and picked the baby up. Ash waited for them, and they silently went outside.

---

Ash sidestepped his loud-snoring Feraligatr as he and May headed for an isolated part of the park. Pikachu, who can't get an ounce of sleep, grabbed a large cork out of hammerspace again, and stuffed the Big Jaw's big mouth with it. However, the power of Feraligatr's Snore wasn't to be taken lightly, and Pikachu found himself flying, due to the force that ejected the cork out of Feraligatr!

Pikachu was flying high above Ash and May's heads, and Pichu was the only one to notice. However, instead of helping(as if Pichu could), the baby just waved at him as he flew by.

Pikachu(That was a lot of help!)

Ash and May sat in a small park bench. The bench is not far from the tree where Sceptile himself was resting. Ash felt uneasy, because he and May are not alone, in essence, at all. Toxicroak sat nearby, still having that weird grin on his face.

Toxicroak held up his right hand, which is glowing purple. Toxicroak(Don't worry. Just no fresh moves in front of me, and this will never touch you...)

May broke Ash out of his train of thought. "Tell me, Ash. Are you nervous?"

"A little," Ash answered, his eyes never leaving Toxicroak. To provide a little distraction, Pichu started playing around. It jumped off May's lap and ran in front of the Toxic Mouth Pokemon. It worked, as even Brock's restrainer couldn't resist the cute charms of Pichu. Ash sighed in relief as Pichu led Toxicroak on a little game of tag, though the larger Pokemon had his own pace.

Ash leaned back on the rest of the bench. His head found a pillow in May's lap. The girl didn't mind the gesture, but she gazed at Ash skeptically. "You went outside just to go to sleep again?" she asked with eyebrows raised. Ash only grinned, causing May to push him face-first to the ground.

Toxicroak, looking for Pichu, peered through the bushes to look at the two. Toxicroak(I may be out of a job. I'll stick with Brock-o from now on...)

CONTINUED...
    -The main event is the next episode. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 9th September 2007 at 2:02 PM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Good chapter, i can't wait for the next part, it's realy good

Yay! Quilava won! All hail Quilava!!!!!

When Quilava did that agility thing, was the hyper beam like chasing him around? Or was it all diffrent hyper beams?

Now Pikachu knows how Team Rocket used to feel when they got blasted off :P However, where did Pikachu go?

Pichu just waves. And no one really notices Pikachu. You gotta feel bad for that Pikachu.

When Quilava did that agility thing, was the hyper beam like chasing him around? Or was it all diffrent hyper beams?
    -Mind Reader, like Lock-on, ensures that the next attack hits. In other words, it's like the attack is homing in on the target.

Pichu just waves. And no one really notices Pikachu. You gotta feel bad for that Pikachu.
    -Just one more battle, and he's officially retired. Just think, he may have pension for more than 10 years.
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 9th September 2007 at 2:22 PM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Quote Originally Posted by Master_in_Training View Post
    -Just one more battle, and he's officially retired. Just think, he may have pension for more than 10 years.
    And he gets paid in.....experience? Learning new moves every once in a while?
    So if he becomes officially retired, he must be old for a Pikachu then.

And he gets paid in.....experience? Learning new moves every once in a while?
    So if he becomes officially retired, he must be old for a Pikachu then.
    -I meant that as a joke. When I said 10 years, I meant the nearly ten years that the anime got going.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Quote Originally Posted by Master_in_Training View Post
    -I meant that as a joke. When I said 10 years, I meant the nearly ten years that the anime got going.
    Oh.
    Well that makes sense now.

Oh man, I thought Quilava was going to evolve, so the Elemental Hyper Beam isn't going to be complete anytime soon eh? And Ash is going to use five pokemon? Weird. The Pichu and Advanceshipping parts were nice. The battle was awesome. Well that's all.

-This is it, the climax, or is it?
    EF73: Vs. Gyarados!

At 9:00 A. M. in the morning, Drake was at the Evergrande City Harbor, waiting for something. He spied a small yacht approaching. The yacht stopped by the harboe, and a plank is set to cross ashore. Being wheeled down the plank by a nurse, is Giovanni himself. Drake greeted his old friend, who, still recovering from injuries, was confined to a wheelchair.

"I see that you're in good shape now," Drake greeted his friend. "At least, better than when I left you in the hospital, at least."

Giovanni just grunted. Then, he said, in a raspy, weak voice, "I came here to watch the battle. I can't let my injuries be a hindrance, you know."

---

At 10:00 A. M., the Evergrande Stadium is full. Everyone watched intensely as a still-drowsy Ash stepped to his podium. The 100x100 field is still there, and it's still the full-water field from before.

Drake is already on the other side of the field. "Are you ready for this, Ash?"

Ash narrowed his eyes. "Ready as ever," he shouted back. The lure Ball in his hand means that he's going to use Feraligatr first. "GO!" The Big Jaw Pokemon appeared, landing on all fours at the center landmass of the field.

Drake gave a lopsided smile. "A water-type, to take advantage of the arena. Not a bad choice, if I say so myself. I choose Gyarados!"

The Atrocious Pokemon appeared, landing in the water right in front of Ash's Feraligatr. The referee signalled the beginning of the match." Ash vs. Drake. First round: Feraligatr vs. Gyarados. BEGIN!"

"Feraligatr, dive into the water!"

"Gyarados, go after him!" Feraligatr did a cannonball Dive, splashing Gyarados in the face before going under. The latter was disoriented at first, but he started the chase.

Underwater, Feraligatr fired Hydro Pump, which Gyarados countered with his own. The two water-type attacks met with great force, sending both Pokemon backwards. But Feraligatr rushed forward, and Ash commanded, "Giga Impact!"

The Big Jaw rammed into Gyarados before he could recover. Drake gave his counter-offensive: "Slam!" The gigantic Pokemon spun his long body around, and hit Feraligatr hard on the stomach with his tail.

Stunned, Gyarados swam forward, mouth open. Just as Feraligatr recovered from the Slam, Gyarados bore down on him. The latter had to grab the Atrocious Pokemon by the upper and lower jaws to keep himself from being devoured whole!

Gyarados pushed Feraligatr on, ramming into a rocky mass, Feraligatr first. Gyarados quickly withdrawed, and Ash's Big Jaw Pokemon is nowhere to be found. Gyarados resurfaced, though he's stilol tense, waiting for his opponent to surface.

"Feraligatr, I know you can hear me!" Ash shouted. "Focus Punch!" From the center of the island, the Big Jaw appeared in an eruption of rocks and sand, hitting Gyarados right in the face with Focus Punch.

The full-length of Gyarados's body reeled backwards, falling back to the water. "Grab him by the tail, Feraligatr, and use Seismic Toss!"

Just before his opponent could completely sink, the Big Jaw grabbed his tail. While still standing on solid ground, Feraligatr, with amazing strength, spun Gyarados around and around! To avoid casualties, Feraligatr tossed his opponent upwards, very high up into the air.

Gyarados shot upwards like a space rocket when launching, but was hurtling back down. Feraligatr was ready, charging up another Focus Punch to hit his opponent when he lands. "Hyper Beam!" Drake suddenly ordered.

Gyarados snapped back into consciousness, eyed the ground apprehensively. He then charged up, and fired Hyper Beam straight towards Feraligatr!

Gyarados fired the powerful Hyper Beam attack not only to slow down his fall, but also to hit Feraligatr right below. Just as they connected,the Atrocious Pokemon smashed through the ground where his opponent was still standing. And Feraligatr felt the full-force of the Hyper Beam.

After the resulting explosion, Gyarados was seen rising from the debris. It felt weak, but was still able to jump back into the water. The next to appear is Feraligatr, who was trembling, weak from the Hyper Beam inflicted on him, as well as the full weight of Gyarados falling down on him.

"Feraligatr, are you okay?" Ash asked. Feraligatr gave him his trademark grin and thumbs-up. "Okay, then, dive back in and this time, you chase him!" The Big Jaw complied, but it took a little longer for him to get back in the water.

"I never saw Ash's Feraligatr manhandled like that," May said, with a tone of worry in her voice. Pichu, on a thick railing in front of her, was waving a cheerleader's flag.

"Not good," Misty spoke up for her. "Drake's Gyarados is no ordinary one..."

"Yeah, exactly what you'd expect for an Elite's Pokemon," Brock added.

Feraligatr was Slammed again, this time at the back. The hit sent him hurtling down the depths of the water field. But he went back up, using Waterfall as a propelling force. Gyarados saw his opponent surface, then circled around him, trapping him in a Bind attack!

The Atrocious Pokemon started squeezing Feraligatr hard, blocking off his air! The Big Jaw struggled to get free, but Gyarados only tightened it more. "Gyarados, use Bite attack!" Gyarados's mouth bore down on the trapped Pokemon again, and Feraligatr wriggled his arms free to block the incoming attack.

"At close range, you can't miss, Feraligatr! Use Dynamic Punch!" The Big Jaw's right hand began to glow, and punched Gyarados with it, hitting the bottom jaw. Gyarados faltered, but he still didn't let go.

The Big Jaw's usually jolly face contorted into a painful grimace, and turning purple as well! He tried squirming again, only for the Bind to tighten again. Gyarados and Feraligatr, both motionless, went deeper and deeper, where the latter couldn't hear his trainer's commands.

"Come on, Feraligatr," Ash whispered to himself, clenching his fists. The water in the arena sat still, as if nothing's happening. "Don't give up..."

Just then, the water began spiralling! Something shot out of the water, and landed violently on land. It was Ash's Feraligatr! It seems that the Big Jaw used Whirlpool to trap Gyarados, and Feraligatr was able to escape!

Feraligatr rose to shore, for a breather. The Whirlpool behind him is still going strong, and Gyarados is nowhere to be found. The Big Jaw is on his knees, taking deep breaths, when suddenly, a Hyper Beam shot out of the center of the Whirlpool! The powerful beam hit Feraligatr like a ton of bricks, sending him way back, just below Ash's podium!

The Big Jaw surfaced for a second, before submerging into the water, unconscious. Feraligatr(Sorry, Ash. I-)

"Feraligatr is unable to battle. The winner of the first round: Gyarados!" the referee called.

Ash went down on his knees to take a closer look at his downed Pokemon. He recalled him, a weak look on his face. "Don't worry, pal. I know you did your best. Let the others take care of the rest..." After storing his Lure Ball, Ash scowled at Drake. "I'm not going to lose to you again, Drake, I swear that."

CONTINUED...
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Ooooo battle...

Wouldn't it had been smart if Feraligatr launched a Hydro Pump when he held open Gyarados's mouth?

You know, in that whole thing, I haven't seen one thing about Pikachu. Only about Pichu.

Oh, and by the way, new rank XD

Gyarados pushed Feraligatr on, ramming into a rocky mass, Feraligatr first. Gyarados quickly withdrawed, and Ash's Big Jaw Pokemon is nowhere to be found. Gyarados resurfaced, though he's stilol tense, waiting for his opponent to surface.
    I think it's withdrew and still right?

And wow, the first battle is so tense already... And when Gyarados used the Hyper Beam, shouldn't Feraligatr like use Hydro Cannon? Or is he still not remembering how to do it? Giovanni is here, so that means that Mask will properly be here to have a reunion...

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoozaru View Post
    I think it's withdrew and still right?
    -Ooops, sorry about that.

And wow, the first battle is so tense already... And when Gyarados used the Hyper Beam, shouldn't Feraligatr like use Hydro Cannon? Or is he still not remembering how to do it? Giovanni is here, so that means that Mask will properly be here to have a reunion...
    -I'll make him re-learn that in the most comic way, later. There are still lots that will be happening.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

EF74: Vs. KingDragonite!

Drake has a strange smile on his face. But it isn't because he's won. His expression unreadable, he recalled his Gyarados, then took out a Kingdra!

Ash clutched his second Pokeball, hard. "Go, Lapras!" Ash's second largest Pokemon appeared, landing in the water. The Transport and Dragon Pokemon waded closer to each other.

"Second round: Lapras vs. Kingdra. BEGIN!"

"Hydro Pump!" both trainers commanded. Kingdra fired the attack first, but Lapras was not far behind. The two attacks connected on both Pokemon, but they were unfazed.

Lapras swam forward, trying to hit Kingdra with a powerful Body Slam, ordered by his trainer. His opponent the Dragon Pokemon swam sideways to evade the attack.

"Dragonbreath, Kingdra!" Before Lapras could recover from the evasion, Kingdra fired yellow flames at him. Lapras took the force of the blow, then fired Hydro Pump again. Kingdra was hit by the chin(?!), and was sent flying. But he whirled around in midspace, then lunged back towards Lapras, firing another Dragonbreath!

"Lapras, use Surf, then Ice Beam on the water!" was Ash's idea. The water rose in front of Lapras, then he froze it, creating an instant wall! Kingdra's Dragonbreath was stopped, and the Dragon Pokemon collided with it, then Lapras charged in for a Headbutt!

Kingdra blocked it with a Slam by his tail, then the two fell back to the water. Then they resurfaced, ready for more, waiting for their trainers' next commands.

Back with the spectators, by the way...

"Hot Growlies! Get your hot Gro- OWCH!" James was, as usual, selling the ex-Rockets' fast food merchandise. His wares are called hot dogs in our world, but Meowth slapped him in the head for giving them such a name. "What's wrong with Hot Growlies?" he complained, rubbing the back of his head, where the Pokemon hit him.

"Who would ever eat food named after Pokemon? They might think they are made from Pokemon, you dolt!" Meowth retorted.

In front of them, Ash's friends just ignored them. Excepting Brock, who was quite fond of the Rockets's cooking. He ordered a large amount of 'Hot Growlies', and started munching on them, much to everyone's disbelief.

"What?!" he said, as an answer to their looks. "They really taste good!" James beamed, while Jessie and Meowth sweatdropped.

Ignoring the breeder beside him, "Who do you think has the advantage?" Max spoke up. Pichu was in front of him, waving the cheering flag again, blocking the trainer's view.

"Well, Kingdra is a water- and dragon-type," Hikari spoke up, "which gives it only one weakness: dragon-types itself. That can't be good in Ash's part."

"And that's saying something," May added. She scooped Pichu up before Max could get his hands on it. "Ash lost the first round, he can't afford to lose another."

Pichu then started going for the tray of food Meowth was holding. Puzzled, may held the baby out so it can reach the tray. Pichu wasn't after the food at all. Oh, no. It's after the-

"Ketchup?" May said in a weird tone, looking at Pichu. The baby is cuddling with the ketchup bottle like it was drunk or something!

"Sorry, twerpette," Meowth spoke up, giving his Godchild a straw, "it's all genetic."

And, back to the battle, again...

Kingdra went after Lapras again with another Slam. The Transport Pokemon ducked low, then sprang up for another Headbutt. For the first time, about battles, Brock may be wrong, as the two Pokemon are evenly matched.

"Hydro Pump, again!" Ash ordered.

"Dragonbreath!" Drake countered.

The two attacks met with an explosion, but both Pokemon charged forward, trying to ram into their opponent. "Water Pulse, Lapras!" The Transport Pokemon created a powerful soundwave that flows along the water, hitting Kingdra. The latter countered with a Water Pulse of his own.

Lapras fired another, and the two Pulses hit one another, creating a powerful soundwave that echoed through the stadium. The two Pokemon were reeling backwards from the blast, crashing into the respective sides of their trainers.

Fueled by Ash's words, Lapras was the first to recover. "Ice Beam, then Headbutt!" Ash commanded. The Transport Pokemon used Waterfall to increase his speed, then Ice Beam on the still downed Kingdra, freezing him in a block of ice!

A block of ice began to melt where Kingdra's mouth was, and from the hole it created, was Hyper Beam! The attack hit Lapras, but he didn't stop. He rammed into the frozen Dragon Pokemon, shattering the ice in the process. Kingdra slammed back against the wall again, getting knocked out in the process.

The supine form of the Dragon Pokemon floated just in front of Lapras, who was looking none the better, either. However, the decision is clear. "Kingdra is unable to battle. The winner of the second round: Lapras!"

"Now we're even, Drake!" Ash shouted, as he recalled Lapras.

The Elite, however, was calm as he recalled his Kingdra. In fact, he was still smiling! "The battle is just beginning, Ash. Don't count your Torchic until they hatch, as they always say." Drake turned serious again as he took out his 3rd Pokeball. "It's time to take this to the skies. Go, Dragonite!"

From Drake's Pokeball came the large yellow dragon, Dragonite. The Dragon Pokemon flew just a little above the water, and the flapping of his wings are creating powerful ripples on the surface.

'To the sky, huh?' Ash thought. "Then, Pidgeot, I choose YOU!" Ash's Bird Pokemon appeared, landing at first on the center island.

"Third round: Pidgeot vs. Dragonite," the referee called. "BEGIN!"

"Pidgeot, Fly forward and take that dragon down!" Ash ordered. Pidgeot flapped her powerful wings to take flight, going to tackle Dragonite just as Ash commanded.

"Dragonite, use Ice Beam!" A white beam fired from Dragonite's mouth, aiming for Pidgeot.

"Quick, use Steel Wing to block it!" Pidgeot stopped abruptly, then placed her wings in front of her, using their steel-type state to protect herself from the otherwise supper-effective attack. Her defense worked, the wings were iced, but broken down due to the sturdiness of Steel Wing.

But that's not over. Drake ordered his Dragonite to deliver a full-force Giga Impact on the still-defending Bird Pokemon. Pidgeot was hit hard, but stood her ground(maybe that's not the right word, since they're aerial).

Dragonite tried grabbing Pidgeot by the wings, but the latter was too fast for him, and easily evaded the grab. Pidgeot scored another Steel Wing, this time it hit the Dragon Pokemon at his underside. The latter only grimaced at the impact, but didn't flinch.

Pidgeot and Dragonite flew away from each other, picked up speeds, then turned back, racing towards the other for a powerful Giga Impact apiece. The resulting impacts sent both Pokemon hurtling downwards. Pidgeot landed, unfortunately, on the ground, while Dragonite landed in the water. The latter stayed submerged for a second, but resurfaced, ready to fight more.

It took a while for Pidgeot to recover, but her opponent wasn't about to wait. "Dragonite, Hyper Beam!" Dragonite rose to the air again, and fired Hyper Beam at Pidgeot! The Bird Pokemon quickly rose frokm her lying position, and her speed made the attack a mere near miss.

"Pidgeot, use Aerial Ace, while Dragonite is still recovering from Hyper Beam!" The Bird Pokemon picked up speed, then went straight for Dragonite, ready to slash at him with beaks and claws. The Dragon Pokemon immediately saw it coming, but wasn't ready to defend from Pidgeot, so he was hit again at the underbelly.

'That underside of that Dragonite may be his weak side,' Ash reasoned with himself. 'I have to take advantage of that...' "Pidgeot, use Aerial Ace again!"

Pidgeot circled back, but this time Dragonite was ready. Just before the Bird Pokemon connected, Dragonite grabbed her by the beak! Then he hurled her downwards into the water for a Seismic Toss!

Even though she landed at an intangible surface, that doesn't stop Pidgeot feeling the pain of the throw. Pidgeot surfaced, but she has to dry herself if she has to fly again. Dragonite took advantage of this weakness, and fired Hyper Beam at the submerged Pidgeot again. The water around Ash's Pokemon exploded.

Pidgeot was washed by the large wave created by the Hyper Beam. Dragonite hovered close to the water, trying to spot his prey.

"Come on, Pidgeot, Fly up again, like when you fought Zippo!" Pidgeot flew up, like before, but Drake and his Dragonite knew exactly what she is going to do, even before Ash shouted his command. Before the Bird Pokemon could surface, the Dragon Pokemon froze the entire field!

Pidgeot didn't see this coming, and nearly got a concussion breaking through the ice. Once she got through, she stayed on the icy surface, slipping. Dragonite followed suit, making her a target for more Ice Beams.

The Bird Pokemon skidded sideways to evade the super-effective attacks. She can barely stand with her legs on ice, let alone escape the Ice Beams.

'Pidgeot has to dry up quickly, so she can fly again,' Ash thought. 'But how? As for now-' "Pidgeot, plant your claws on the ice so you can't slip." The Bird Pokemon did so, and she was able to stand upright. But what good is that going to help?

"Make a powerful Gust attack, Pidgeot!"

"Twister!" The two wind-altering attacks collided, but the latter, a dragon-type attack, gained the upper hand! Pidgeot was surrounded by the powerful Twister!

Ash watched in horror as his Pidgeot is lifted off the ground. 'She's a sitting Psyduck! I've got to think of something, quick!' the trainer thought frantically.

"Thunder!" Drake commanded. The small space between Dragonite's head antennae began generating sparks. The Dragon Pokemon fired the static, which was definitely a Thunder, and it shot straight throught the Twister to hit Pidgeot!

The Thunder scored a direct hit, and the Bird Pokemon was motionless, hovering only due to the Twister. The tornado died down, and Pidgeot fell, face-first, to the ice again.

"Come on, Pidgeot," Ash encouraged. "Please stand up..." Pidgeot did, but only slowly. Even so, she stretched her wings as she stood, as a sign of defiance to her opponent.

Dragonite, angered, swooped in to deal a deadly Dragon Claw. Pidgeot poised herself, waiting for the Dragon Pokemon to strike.

"Pidgeot, Steel Wing!" was Ash's sole counter to the Dragon Claw. Pidgeot covered herself with her glowing wings again, bracing for the attack.

Luckily, Ash's trick worked, and the Dragon Claw, and Dragonite himself, bounced off! Dragonite, after that failed attack, flew back upwards, and prepared for another assault.

Pidgeot whirled around, and mustered the last of her stamina to take off once more. "Aerial Ace, just one more time!" Ash cried. Pidgeot endured all her injuries, and flashed up to Dragonite again.

"Dodge it, Dragonite!" Before the latter could counter-attack, she hit him in the underside!

"Now, finish him off with Steel Wing!" Ash added. Pidgeot spun around, hitting Dragonite twice with Steel Wing. Both were hit at his weak spot, of course!

One Pokemon was hit terribly hard, the other exhausted, both Pokemon dropped to the ground at dangerous speeds!

"Pidgeot!"

"Dragonite!" Both calls echoed loudly throughout the stadium. But, only Pidgeot was able to veer off her collision course, landing, though with a cracking sound, on her feet. Dragonite, however, wasn't so lucky, and plunged headfirst through the hard ice and into the water.

Pidgeot was struggling, trying hard not to fall, but kept her ground. She watched the broken ice, and the water inside where Dragonite fell, apprehensively. Soon a hand emerged, and Dragonite was seen crawling out of the icy water!

However, the Dragon Pokemon has had enough. He barely got out of the water, crawling on the ice on all fours, when he fell on his side, unconscious.

"Dragonite is unable to battle. The winner of the third round: Pidgeot!" the referee announced. This news gave out the loudest cheer from the crowd. Ash only needs to win one more battle, and he'll be the champion of the Elite Four!

Ash, however, wasn't exactly thrilled. He saw that Drake is still calm, even though only one win will lose him this match. Ash recalled Pidgeot, and so did Drake.

The Elite signalled for the referee to change the arena. The arena changed from the water field to the rock field. This rock field is different from the one Ash used in his battle against Richie.

There are now towering rock peaks dotted in and around the area, making it near impossible for aerial movement. The largest of these peaks are twins, 50-feet high, at the very center of the arena.

"This is the sort of field suited to the toughest of dragons, Ash," Drake informed his opponent. "Have you any in mind?"

"No," Ash grunted, "but maybe I have someone that can compensate. Sceptile, I choose YOU!"

The Forest Pokemon appeared, landing on one peak. He stretched defiantly, and, from out of nowhere, he got his toothpick, which he placed in his mouth as usual.

'Interesting,' Drake thought. 'I wonder how many more species he calls dragons?' "In this case, I choose, Tyranitar!"

The Dark Armor Pokemon appeared on solid ground just below Ash's Sceptile. "Fourth round: Sceptile vs. Tyranitar. BEGIN!"

CONTINUED...
    -Only two battles left, and Ash's conquest of the Elite Four is over! Or is it?
    Last edited by Master_in_Training; 11th September 2007 at 8:22 AM.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

That was a smart tactic, using Ice Beam to freeze the opponent then Headbutting it. Lapras did get hit with the Hyper Beam, but it seems like it hit his shell, and not any other part of the body.

Oh boy, more ketchup lovers.

Using Steel Wing seems smart too. And anyways, I think "holding her ground" sounds better then "holding her air".

So if I paid attention, this should be the battle results so far:

Feraligatr VS Gyarados-Gyarados
    Lapras VS Kingdra-Lapras
    Pidgeot VS Dragonite-Pidgeot
    Sceptile VS Tyrannitar-Undecided

Woah! That was one of the best battles I have ever seen. The Pidgeot vs Dragonite was so close! I thought that Pidgeot would either draw or lose. The Hot Growlies scene was very funny, especially SPichu's ketchup drink. Lapras vs Kingdra scene was also good and very close too, seems like you can't really know who would win in this battle, it's so near, that you could even draw!

This chapter was great, can't wait to see more, Tyrannitar V Sceptile eh? Sceptile has the advantage but i think Tyrannitar will win. Wonder who will be fighting in the round after, i think Drake will use Salamence, wonder who Ash will use

-BTW, this fic is about to finish, with about
        Spoiler:- how much left?:

-How am I going to put this in the "completed fics" section?
    -The battle against Mask and his Legendaries, I have already planned on it as a sequel.
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

Uh, I don't think you can place it in the completed fics on your own. The mods will just place, but I think you need to PM them. So...     Spoiler:- Spoiler?:

Spoiler:- Spoiler?:
    -Thanks for telling me, I guess I just have to PM a mod, right?
    -Huh, my numbering must have gone wrong. Let's see... counts with fingers...
        Spoiler:- ???:
    Trials of the Elite Four
    War of Legends
    Dream or Future?

ok, i can't wait for the next part, but i don't want it to finish

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast