Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 72

Thread: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,954

    Default The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

    The FB Training Zone

    Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on.

    While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as whether or not you're given the ok to leave this zone behind and enter regular zones will depend upon how you reply. You should always be striving to give your replies everything you can as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is role playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

    Rules
    - No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
    - No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
    - Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
    - ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
    - When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
    - Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
    - When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
    - If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
    - I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

    And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

    Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.





    The Arcane Realm


    Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.


    Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
    This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.


    The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.


    Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
    A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?


    Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
    An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.


    The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.


    Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,954

    Default Current Arcane Realm Staff

    enchantress (UPN/Serebii/Bulbagarden Mod)


    Subject to change.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
    A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?
    As Yougi leaves the valley within the Arcane Realm that has lead him to his destination, he can't help but look over his shoulder at his new backpack as he half expects to remember something he'd forgotten or realise that something had fallen out.
    His softly crunching steps grew ever more grainy as the land beneath his feet made the transformation from gravelled grass to plain sand and as he stopped to think, Yougi realised that he had left the valley mouth and had already taken his first steps into the Desert of Illusion. With a name sounding so grand and so many rumours surrounding it, he wasn't sure what to expect, what he'd find or even what to look for. But deep down he knew if something was important he'd be sure to notice it, eventually.
    Taking in a deep breathe to set of on, he suddenly thought that Growlithe might want to come out and enjoy such a sight and he'd be sure to enjoy the heat. 'But would I really want to add a fire type into the already sweltering heat?' Yougi pondered, realising that the strong sunlight on the arid horizon was already burning at his skin. 'Better not,' Yougi thought to himself again, 'it'll save him some walking and I won't have to deal with any additional heat.'
    With his thoughts cleared, he took his first steps into the journey that awaited him.


    *Whoever is the updater for my journey, feel free to let me know if I've done anything wrong and where I can improve.*
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
    An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.
    Well, here she was. Willow had finally left home on a journey to new lands, to see interesting sights and hear interesting things. With that in mind, she decided to go to the Ancient Tomb, because it sounded ancient. And tomb-y. Tomb-y, tomb-y, tomb-y… that should be a word. Smiling at the silly thought, she sat down on the ground by her Whismur and opened up her backpack. It was kind of plain, just white; she’d have to address that later on. Maybe with some brightly colored flower patches and peace signs.

    The chubby little Pokemon was twitching her ears about, listening to things. She mumbled something as she looked over the backpack. Apparently curious, Whismur pointed to it.

    “Yeah, it’s one of those gift packages they give new Trainers,” Willow said. “Awfully nice of them. Now we’ve just got this little dilemma to solve… how are we supposed to equip you with a scarf when you don’t have a neck?”

    She pulled out the Silk Scarf that had come in the backpack package. It was long, lightweight, and white. Interested, Whismur stood on the tips of her toes and perked her ears up. It was too long to have her just hold it in her paws and it’d get in the way of one of her two moves. After some consideration and tries, Willow managed to tie the Scarf in a bow around Whismur’s forehead, under her ears but not in a way that would irritate her.

    “That suit you?” Once she got an affirmative bounce, Willow patted Whismur and got up. “It’s quite chic.” She put her backpack back on and smiled. “Well, let’s go get lost.” They entered the Ancient Tomb.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

    Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

    Bill and his companion, Silver the Squirtle had reached this ocean of many mysteries. Bill being a curious person, always wondered about the rumors of the disappearing ships. He was fascinated with the stories that were given about this place. And now, he can travel this way as well. He and his squirtle had rode a boat to the edge of the sea, but the captain himself was very superstitious, and refused to go any closer than he had to. Bill was preparing for his new journey as he put on some swimwear. For an added effect, Bill took his Mystic Water and wrapped the little string around Silver's neck. Bill asked, "Are you ready, Silver?"

    "Squirt! Squirtle!" replied his turtle buddy. The Squritle looked out to the ocean with a dazed look. It wanted to go inside the water as soon as possible.

    As he was putting on his last flipper, Bill answered, "I'll take that as a 'yes'."

    The captain came up to Bill and asked, "Now are you sure you want to be doing this? I mean, no offense, but you don't seem like the type ready to dive head first into danger."

    Bill smiled and said, "Believe me captain, I've been through worse than a little water."

    "Well, all right, it's your funeral," answered the captain. "I guess you know about the disappearances right?"

    "That's why I'm here. I want to see this for myself," replied Bill. The captain nodded his head and looked down into the waters. Bill grabbed a full oxygen tank, a diver's mask complete with goggles and both he and Silver both jumped into the water and swam toward the Ocean of Mystery. What awaited them? Perhaps treasure, perhaps adventure, perhaps even a Tentacool that is a champion at Dance Dance Revolution.


    Well, I hope this is alright, until I add this post to my sig, here is my information. And I hope the wet suit isn't too bad, I just was thinking that a Squritle couldn't exactly carry a human.
    Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 30th March 2010 at 10:07 PM. Reason: adding scuba gear

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    渋谷区
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
    A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?
    Asuka paced herself alongside Kurai, her Duskull, staring into the seeming abyss of the desert. Hardly any clouds floated in the sky, and the sun beamed at them with immense heat. This was hardly the setting to have a Ghost type Pokemon tagging along oneself, but Kurai didn't mind the dry weather.

    Asuka heard from a few passerby's at their previous location about one or two villages in the desert. "I wonder if the hype I heard about those villages is all it was worked out to be," she asked Kurai, giving a slight sigh due their long travel. "And hopefully our endeavor will turn out to be slightly worthwhile..." Asuka thought aloud. Kurai looked over to her, as if to agree.

    The two had already planned to travel through the sand-covered landscape to reach a city on the other side, but making an excursion wouldn't hurt anything. They were already far overdue for resupplying, so coming across one of the villages would be perfect. Perhaps they would even encounter some type of exotic desert Pokemon.


    Here is the link to my fizzy bubbles member information. I hope this will be sufficient, at least until I get my signature squared away.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
    As Andrew met the trees of the Forest of Adventure, he breathed in slowly to experience the aroma of the nature, the forest, the forest full of adventure.
    “Aaah,” Andrew sighed, “A new journey.”
    He began to walk the path in a calm pace thinking of the adventures which are undoubtedly waiting for him and together with his old friend Chimchar he will experience what it is to be a Pokémon Trainer. Thinking of it made him even more excited resulting in increasing his pace. Andrew began thinking about his team. His father said a Pokémon and trainer are always destined to meet each other. Imagine having a team with Pokémon like Electivire, Scizor, Gyarados and perhaps even an Infernape when Chimchar evolves. Or perhaps he gets stuck around with Pokémon like Butterfree, Noctowl or Furret. Andrew coughed, would he be still that excited if he went with such weak Pokémon. Andrew loved every Pokémon, but to be honest he has a strong preference to stronger Pokémon. Andrew decreased his pace again. Come to think of it. Andrews father, a Pokémon expert if you’d ask Andrew, owned a Delcatty. A typical example of a Pokémon who doesn’t look tough, but can beat more than average Trainers and Pokémon. Andrew even saw once that his father defeated a Gyarados with a Volbeat using his Speed and in its adventage. Yeah, perhaps Andrew can specialize in weak looking Pokémon as well. Or not? Or… Perhaps Andrew needed to be convinced more by a Pokémons power, before capturing it.
    Andrew tried to stop thinking and looked around for things what might lead to an adventure. No, will lead to an adventure. That's what the old guy in town told him.


    Fixing my sig with FB info
    Last edited by bigtukker; 6th April 2010 at 5:17 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

    [/color]
    "Krow krow krow!"
    "Jinx, wait up!" was the reply from the disgruntled Devan. Ever since they had stepped into the Forest of Adventure, the Murrkow had gone off to his own agenda, seeming to be looking for something. The boy tripped multiple times during his chase with the bird because of scattered tree roots on the forest ground. After a few minutes of chasing, he finally caught up to the crow, who was preening his feathers on top of a tree stump, giving out a a haughty caw that could be translated as "What took so long?".

    The boy panted, his legs wobbled and gave him with his bottom meeting the ground. "You *pant* just love *pant* doing this huh?" he panted out, franticly looking for something to drink in his bag. With a smile on his face, he found the bottle he'd been searching for and began drinking rapidly.

    "Mur." was the blunt response.

    Devan had finished off the bottle and put the empty container back in his bag, which was strapped on his back. He gave a glare at the crow, which was returned with a laugh. Jinx flew back to his trainer, landing in front of him and gave him a pat on the knee with a wing. Why did the human have to be so serious sometimes; it was just a joke.

    Sadly, the boy didn't take as such and sighed. "Just what am I going to do with you?" he scratched his head, looking at the Murkrow with a frown on his face. The duo had come here to explore and maybe find some Pokemon here, but with that little chase, he had probably scared them away. He hoped to at least find something while he was here.


    [img]http://i48.*******.com/iw3hwk.jpg[/img] [IMG]http://i46.*******.com/28mpcah.jpg[/IMG]
    DFRP/FB
    [IMG]http://i45.*******.com/xc0g9t.jpg[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits..:

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beyond the Wall.
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    [size=1]Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

    Rangeet stared at the forest in front of him. "No trainer can enter without having an adventure? How cheesy. You never know though...these old legends sometimes have a grain of truth in them. What say Peeves?"

    A rather frosty Rotom answered with a "rrrrrr". Rangeet looked at him critically. "Hmm. That frost form doesn't become you. Here, let me take that." As he shoved the card into his backpack, Peeves turned back into his normal form.

    "Now then. This forest. Stay close to me and for goodness's sake don't go wandering off to fight some random Paras or something. For all you know, it could be dangerous. You got that?"

    Rotom looked as if it did. Rangeet frowned critically. "What you need is some companionship. Hey, Torchic!" The red light swirled before forming a Torchic. "Chic?"
    "Hey Torchic. Just watch out for Peeves ok? Haha. And don't do anything stupid yourself." Thus lecturing his pokemon, Rangeet entered the forest...


    I sure hope I didn't do much wrong :O Also, registration post if you need it.
    Last edited by Raddaya; 9th April 2010 at 1:05 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,954

    Default

    Sorry for the delay guys, I have good reasons for being late with this but I won't bother getting into it right now. Just know that updates will be more regular from this point forth.

    Now that you've all posted we can get started, but before we begin I'd like to welcome all of you to FB. As you're hopefully aware, roleplaying is our main aim. Although we do have other areas to keep you occupied during quieter times we hope you'll enjoy the RPing experience enough to delve right in. The aim of the Arcane Realm is to get you through nice and quickly, so your updates may not be as long as those you see in other zones but they'll certainly provide enough content for you to be able to RP at length. I will try to keep up with you but please don't be expecting daily updates because it won't always be possible for me to provide them.

    There is a seven day reply stipulation attached to the Arcane Realm that we've been a little lax on recently, but I will be enforcing it this time around. If you cannot reply for a week for some reason or another, please PM me or you may find yourself needing to re-apply to FB the next time registration opens. In the meantime, however, I hope you enjoy your updates. Let's get started ^-^.


    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    bigtukker: Walking through the forest you can't help but wonder what kind of Pokémon you'll meet on your journeys ahead. Your future looks bright, you have new lands to explore, many people and Pokémon to meet, and a team to fill. What that team will end up being is anyone's guess at this point in time, but it's still exciting to think about. For now, however, you feel it's best to concentrate on the present, and as you walk through the forest are fascinated by the sights and sounds around you. This place is full of life, and while the Pokémon who dwell here may be a little shy when it comes to strangers, you know they are there. You can hear their movements in the trees, their cries in the distance, and can't wait until you have the opportunity to battle one of them. Eventually you walk into a clearing where a bunch of Yanma have gathered, most likely to feed from the succulent syrup and pollen found in the flowers in this clearing, all but one of them fleeing into the forest upon your approach. Not sure whether to be happy or disappointed that you've come across a Pokémon who appears to be rather curious about you, you ponder how to react as Yanma moves in closer...

    Dramon: Wth Jinx's antics having already exhausted you, you look around the forest hoping your feathered friend hasn't scared off any Pokémon you may have had the opportunity to come across. Perhaps this is the case, perhaps not, but the Forest of Mystery is a big place so there is still plenty of opportunity to meet the native wildlife. Shooting the Murkrow a look that clearly states you're less than impressed, Jinx responds only by fluffing up his feathers and preening them to show he's not at all bothered by your oh-so-serious nature. Sighing inwardly you wonder if Jinx will ever take things seriously, when suddenly you hear the foliage to your right rustling madly. Jinx looks up, and from atop his tree stump stares curiously into the forest as the rustling moves closer. Feeling a little nervous as you're not sure what is approaching, you're wondering if you should hide when a frightened little Venonat crashes through the bushes and stops dead in its tracks upon seeing the two of you staring at it. Thinking that it looks like it's about to keel over you're wondering if you should help it when another figure comes crashing through the bushes. Venonat squeaks with fright and continues racing off into the trees on the other side of the trail as the Pinsir who had been chasing it skids to a stop. Its eyes narrow when it spies the two of you and you can almost see its brain ticking over. Fight the new ones, or chase the old one? It appears to think that neither you or Jinx are a threat, however, and races off into the forest to continue its pursuit of Venonat, a fact Jinx doesn't appear to be at all too thrilled about. He ruffles his feathers indignantly, caws his displeasure, and looks ready to take off into the bushes after the Stagbeetle Pokémon. It seems your parter wants to prove himself here, but you're not quite sure he's ready to be taking on such a fearsome looking Pokémon. But then again, what about that frightened little Venonat Pinsir is chasing? Should you help it, or simply continue on your path in search of a less dangerous adventure?

    Rangeet: Standing upon the outskirts of the Forest of Adventure, Peeves blinks blankly at you when you release Torchic as he knows you expect the little fire chick to play body guard and keep an eye on him. Torchic appears just as bemused, shrugging apologetically before winking at Rotom as you stride off into the forest without a backward glance. The two Pokémon follow along behind, more interested in the scenery and the wild Pokémon they're catching glimpses of through the thick foliage than of rushing along the trail on this beautiful day. Eager to find some adventure you lead the way, impressed by the sunlight that is filtering through the canopy of leaves above which gives your surroundings a bright and airy atmosphere. Bird Pokémon are flitting between the trees, chirping and singing happily, while the rustling foliage around you tells you the Pokémon who live here are a little wary of humans and aren't too willing to show themselves although they appear to be keeping an eye on you. It's when you hear Torchic giggling that you become curious, however, as you have to wonder what he's finding so funny when you turn around to see him practically doubled over with laughter after a little Wurmple has decided to hitch a ride on Rotom's head. Peeves appears rather amused as well as it seems he's made a friend, but you're not quite sure whether to be berating them and telling them to attack the little Worm Pokémon, or to join in on the laughter...


    Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

    yougirasu: The vast, arid plains of the Desert of Illusion are stretched out before you. Miles upon miles of dry, barren land where only the hardiest can survive, and although you know Growlithe will utterly enjoy the blistering heat you're not sure you particularly want to be adding fuel to the fire and so decide to keep him safe and sound in his Pokéball for the time being. Setting out alone it isn't long before you're finding this trek is far more difficult than you'd initially imagined due to the harsh humidity, and as the day wears on it only becomes worse. For a place that's supposed to be full of life it appears to be rather barren, and just as you're beginning to wonder if you've perhaps chosen the wrong path on which to set out on your first journey you notice a curious rock formation ahead. Stepping up your pace you hurry along and soon find yourself staring at a series of five stone pillars arranged in a circular pattern around a smaller stone pedestal set in the centre. Stepping up for a closer look you note that the pedestal is more like a bird bath which is a little curious considering it's located in the middle of the desert. You notice inscriptions on the pillars but they are written in ancient text which doesn't help at all, and just as you're thinking it's time to move on you you notice a little Torkoal with attitude staring up at you angrily. "Tork!" it grunts, taking a step closer as it blows a smoky warning. "Tork!" it grunts again, this time nodding its head out toward the desert as though telling you to move on or else. "Or else what?", you ask yourself, wondering if you should just do as Torkoal wants or if you should be asking yourself if you have a bad case of heat stroke and are just imagining that a little turtle out in the middle of the desert is right now handing you an ultimatum...

    Atari: Gazing over the vast expanse of desert surrounding you, you take a deep drink of water from you canteen before looking down at Duskull who is floating alongside you. Kurai's expression is unreadable, but if she's feeling anywhere near as exhausted as you are right now then she's certainly doing a wonderful job of concealing it. You knew the desert would be hot but had still been unprepared for just how unrelenting this harsh and arid terrain would be, and can't help but wonder if you've made the right decision of travelling out here in search of a couple of villages that really are nothing but legend. You're low on supplies, and even more concerning is that you're running low on water with no sign of life in the immediate vicinity. If you don't find some source of shelter and refreshment soon then not finding a mythical village, which in all likelihood doesn't even exist, is going to be the least of your worries. Putting your water away you continue on your journey gazing listlessly at the Cacturne dotting the desert. Eventually you see a flock of Spearow flying overhead, and believing there must be some source of food and water nearby if there are birds this far out in the desert, decide to follow along in the direction they had flown when you come across a little Numel who is standing in your path. It gazes up at you grumpily, snorts a couple of times, paws the ground with its front leg, then grunts out a challenge. It appears this little one is up for a battle...


    Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    Ysavvryl: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Whismur trotting happily alongside you, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps echo ominously as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of firelight ahead. Finally emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. The room is void of any decorations bar carvings on the walls depicting various scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshipped kings and paid homage to their Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but it's Whismur who seems to have found something interesting. As she leans in closer to look at a spot in the bottom of the wall you realise there isn't a sandstone block there, it's just empty space. Feeling uneasy with Whismur's proximity to the hole you're considering asking her to move away from it when a purple blur suddenly shoots out from the gap and latches onto her left ear. Whismur shrieks with surprise, backing up into the middle of the room and shaking her head wildly in a desperate attempt to rid herself of her mystery attacker. All you can see is a blur of purple and white as her assailant is swung wildly about along her new silk scarf when finally it's flung across the room and hits the far wall, a small object skittering across the floor as Whismur's attacker drops it. Stunned from the hit to the wall, the small Pokémon leaps up groggily and you finally see it's an Aipom. An Aipom whom, when its vision clears, is none too pleased to see its treasure on the floor practically at Whismur's feet. Aipom snarls a warning at Whismur then shrieks angrily, racing straight toward your startled teammate...


    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    CyberBlastoise: As with all things mysterious, curiosity draws your attention to the fabled Ocean of Mystery. Not much is known of this arcane sea other than the fact all those who have set sail upon it have never again been seen. This, combined with your affinity for the water and special attachment to water type Pokémon, has inevitably led you to find your way to the outermost boundaries of the ocean most go out of their way to avoid. Disregarding your captain's final warning of the dangers ahead, you give Squirtle a confident smile before donning your scuba gear and descending into the unknown depths before you. The feeling of entering a world untouched by humans is exhilarating, for although the Ocean of Mystery is an enigma in itself, the simple truth is that the entire ocean is a mystery to humankind which is why so many are so keen to explore its depths and uncover its secrets. Squirtle dives quickly, darting about playfully and thoroughly enjoying his opportunity to become one with his natural habitat. You smile, happy to see Silver enjoying himself, before turning your attention to your surroundings. Finding your bearings, you head in the direction of the body of water that is supposedly responsible for so many disappearances, a niggling voice in the back of your mind asking if you will end up becoming yet another of its mounting statistics. Pushing these thoughts away you concentrate on enjoying yourself, and before long are totally absorbed by the fascinating underwater world around you. Lights are flashing in the distance which you suppose are Chinchou communicating with one another, a Kingler is trying in vain to break open the shell of one very stubborn Cloyster, a Gastrodon is lazily making its way along the ocean floor past several Clamperl who snap threateningly at it. Gastrodon takes no notice, continuing on its way, when a school of Remaroid rushes past causing all of the Pokémon in the immediate vicinity to scatter in all directions. Finding this to be a rather curious reaction to seemingly harmless Pokémon, you're distracted by Silver who taps you on the shoulder and points toward something in the distance. You can only make out a shadow on the ocean floor and although you can't quite make out what it is he's fascinated with you have little choice but to follow when he swiftly swims off in that direction. Within minutes you find yourself overlooking the wreckage of a centuries old sailing ship, but as you swim closer to check it out a blur of yellow startles you as it darts out of the wreckage and collides with your face, knocking your oxygen mask off. Your attacker is as startled as you, stopping and staring with wide eyes while you wrestle with your mask, and it only takes a moment to realise the Psyduck hadn't intended to harm you. It seems to want to help, but as it looks over your shoulder its eyes filled with fear, your stomach churns as you realise it was running away from something. Silver's eyes also bulge as he looks behing you and in the next instant both Pokémon have grabbed a hold of you and are dragging you toward the water's surface. Your lungs are filling with water, the burning sensation almost unbearable, the knot of fear in your stomach tightening as you break the surface of the water and start gasping for air when a man's anxious voice calls out, "Hurry lad! Climb aboard! They're right behind you!" Looking up you see a large yacht only metres away, but it's the expression of fear in the man's dark brown eyes as he stares into the water below you that has your stomach tied in knots. You haven't seen what's behind you, but Psyduck, Silver, and this man all seem to think that getting out of the water is a good idea. The question is, do you?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

    CyberBlastoise: As with all things mysterious, curiosity draws your attention to the fabled Ocean of Mystery. Not much is known of this arcane sea other than the fact all those who have set sail upon it have never again been seen. This, combined with your affinity for the water and special attachment to water type Pokémon, has inevitably led you to find your way to the outermost boundaries of the ocean most go out of their way to avoid. Disregarding your captain's final warning of the dangers ahead, you give Squirtle a confident smile before donning your scuba gear and descending into the unknown depths before you. The feeling of entering a world untouched by humans is exhilarating, for although the Ocean of Mystery is an enigma in itself, the simple truth is that the entire ocean is a mystery to humankind which is why so many are so keen to explore its depths and uncover its secrets. Squirtle dives quickly, darting about playfully and thoroughly enjoying his opportunity to become one with his natural habitat. You smile, happy to see Silver enjoying himself, before turning your attention to your surroundings. Finding your bearings, you head in the direction of the body of water that is supposedly responsible for so many disappearances, a niggling voice in the back of your mind asking if you will end up becoming yet another of its mounting statistics. Pushing these thoughts away you concentrate on enjoying yourself, and before long are totally absorbed by the fascinating underwater world around you. Lights are flashing in the distance which you suppose are Chinchou communicating with one another, a Kingler is trying in vain to break open the shell of one very stubborn Cloyster, a Gastrodon is lazily making its way along the ocean floor past several Clamperl who snap threateningly at it. Gastrodon takes no notice, continuing on its way, when a school of Remaroid rushes past causing all of the Pokémon in the immediate vicinity to scatter in all directions. Finding this to be a rather curious reaction to seemingly harmless Pokémon, you're distracted by Silver who taps you on the shoulder and points toward something in the distance. You can only make out a shadow on the ocean floor and although you can't quite make out what it is he's fascinated with you have little choice but to follow when he swiftly swims off in that direction. Within minutes you find yourself overlooking the wreckage of a centuries old sailing ship, but as you swim closer to check it out a blur of yellow startles you as it darts out of the wreckage and collides with your face, knocking your oxygen mask off. Your attacker is as startled as you, stopping and staring with wide eyes while you wrestle with your mask, and it only takes a moment to realise the Psyduck hadn't intended to harm you. It seems to want to help, but as it looks over your shoulder its eyes filled with fear, your stomach churns as you realise it was running away from something. Silver's eyes also bulge as he looks behing you and in the next instant both Pokémon have grabbed a hold of you and are dragging you toward the water's surface. Your lungs are filling with water, the burning sensation almost unbearable, the knot of fear in your stomach tightening as you break the surface of the water and start gasping for air when a man's anxious voice calls out, "Hurry lad! Climb aboard! They're right behind you!" Looking up you see a large yacht only metres away, but it's the expression of fear in the man's dark brown eyes as he stares into the water below you that has your stomach tied in knots. You haven't seen what's behind you, but Psyduck, Silver, and this man all seem to think that getting out of the water is a good idea. The question is, do you?
    Bill looked at the searing and yet calm water behind him, choking out the water in his lungs. He then got enough air to be able to talk. Bill quickly pondered the situation as the so-called threat was coming in closer and closer. Even after all this that happened in a few minutes, he was a bit in doubt of this threat, but something had to scare away all those water type Pokemon underwater, unless of course they like to scare themselves. Bill chuckled at his thought joke, as he was trying to make light in a dark situation. This man that hollered for him seemed to know just what 'they' are. Despite this, Bill shook his head to clear all thoughts and came to a decision. If he were to run away now then what happens if he get in a worse situation and no way out. No, he needed to be strong and steady. Not to mention that he himself was very curious about what was down there, and wanted to explore that downed ship. He certainly was not going to get his answer by just staring at it from the surface; the ocean's waves blurred it too much from the top. He yelled back, "Thanks for the help, but I'm going to see just what 'they' are. Thanks anyways." Bill took a deep breath of the fresh air around him and put his oxygen mask back on him.

    "You're loony if you think you will survive!" the man yelled back. "You don't know the dangers of these waters!" His voice had both a commanding voice as well as a scared one. Bill had already set his mind on returning, perhaps he did enjoy that knot in the stomach, he also remembered the day that he saved his now best friend, Silver. If he had run away from that pollution and that Squirtle, then perhaps he wouldn't have had a pokemon to make memories with. Silver gave Bill a reassuring look, showing that he too was ready to dive into deep waters. Bill asked, "Ready, buddy?"

    "Squirt!" replied his trusty water-type pokemon, and the two were off to see just what it was that was chasing after them. Silver might've gotten a good look, but even if he did what good would it do Bill who can't understand what pokemon say? Bill looked upon the waters that could possibly killed it, smiled in its face and said, "Let's go." Bill was not an idiot, he knew that the two would be more than likely forced into a battle with this decision, he said, "When we see just what is attacking us, I want you to use Confusion on whatever it is. And if it turns out to be a Dark-type instead though, switch it over to Aqua Jet. Understand me?" The Squirtle nodded its head and the two dived underwater.

    "Stop! Do not g-" warned the man. However, Bill went back into the water, the man's yelling was in vain. He mumbled to himself, "Kids these days, have no respect for their elders. No matter what, they never listen and always get into trouble."


    Sorry about the shortness, but that's all I got for now. After all, I have no idea what 'they' are. Info's in the sig.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    2,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

    Ysavvryl: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Whismur trotting happily alongside you, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps echo ominously as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of firelight ahead. Finally emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. The room is void of any decorations bar carvings on the walls depicting various scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshipped kings and paid homage to their Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but it's Whismur who seems to have found something interesting. As she leans in closer to look at a spot in the bottom of the wall you realise there isn't a sandstone block there, it's just empty space. Feeling uneasy with Whismur's proximity to the hole you're considering asking her to move away from it when a purple blur suddenly shoots out from the gap and latches onto her left ear. Whismur shrieks with surprise, backing up into the middle of the room and shaking her head wildly in a desperate attempt to rid herself of her mystery attacker. All you can see is a blur of purple and white as her assailant is swung wildly about along her new silk scarf when finally it's flung across the room and hits the far wall, a small object skittering across the floor as Whismur's attacker drops it. Stunned from the hit to the wall, the small Pokémon leaps up groggily and you finally see it's an Aipom. An Aipom whom, when its vision clears, is none too pleased to see its treasure on the floor practically at Whismur's feet. Aipom snarls a warning at Whismur then shrieks angrily, racing straight toward your startled teammate...
    Ow… a Whismur’s shriek was often louder than they realized, which was why Willow had brought along her fuzzy yellow ear muffs. She hadn’t reached them in time for this surprise attack. Whatever had tried to grab Whismur was probably regretting it as it got swung about wildly.

    Just a little while ago, Willow had been thinking rather silly thoughts as she walked through the sandstone tomb. One had to be kind of silly in order to not be fully creeped out by this place. She thought about the priests who had walked these halls and wondered what they did in their off-time. She thought about tomb robbers who were here primarily for treasure… did she count as a tomb robber? Nah, more of a tomb explorer. She wished she had thought to bring a camera.

    Then they came across this decent sized room with carvings telling stories of kings, gods, wars, and all that kind of thing, which might have been interesting to see if it had some clue to proceeding further in the tomb. A single torch in the corner was lit, indicating that someone (or some Pokemon with intelligence) had been here to light it. But then Whismur saw a missing block and went over to check it out... and had gotten her left ear grabbed by something smaller than her. She reacted as any of her kind would and shrieked.

    Finally, Whismur threw it into the far wall and it turned out to be a little purple Aipom. But it also dropped something, which skipped across the floor close to them. Willow took a glance at the thing, but then saw the Aipom get up and shake off its stunned state. It apparently assumed that Whismur had wanted to take its treasure, so quickly got angry and gave a hostile sound before it attacked.

    Since her Pokemon had just noticed the treasure herself, she was startled by the hostile display. She’d probably start wailing again. Willow stopped that by calling out, “Whismur, snap to it and defend yourself!” As soon as she said it, she felt that she should have been more specific.

    Whismur did get out of panic mode on hearing Willow; she responded by twitching her ears back and throwing a screen of smoke with them at her attacker.

    That puzzled Willow. As far as she knew, her Whismur only knew two moves. That’s what her mother had said. Maybe she had given her a better Pokemon as a surprise. Willow had trusted her mother, though, and hadn’t bothered to actually check what moves Whismur knew. She’d have to look into that. But not now. The battle would move too quickly for that kind of research to be done. So that was three moves her Pokemon knew now.

    “Just Pound on it for now,” she ordered. It was better than using unknown and unpredictable moves.
    Pokedex OS- Still trying to capture every single Pokemon out there in words: 648/718 Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh complete!

    Fluer Noir- A story of a black flower, a shameful history, and magic.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

    yougirasu: The vast, arid plains of the Desert of Illusion are stretched out before you. Miles upon miles of dry, barren land where only the hardiest can survive, and although you know Growlithe will utterly enjoy the blistering heat you're not sure you particularly want to be adding fuel to the fire and so decide to keep him safe and sound in his Pokéball for the time being. Setting out alone it isn't long before you're finding this trek is far more difficult than you'd initially imagined due to the harsh humidity, and as the day wears on it only becomes worse. For a place that's supposed to be full of life it appears to be rather barren, and just as you're beginning to wonder if you've perhaps chosen the wrong path on which to set out on your first journey you notice a curious rock formation ahead. Stepping up your pace you hurry along and soon find yourself staring at a series of five stone pillars arranged in a circular pattern around a smaller stone pedestal set in the centre. Stepping up for a closer look you note that the pedestal is more like a bird bath which is a little curious considering it's located in the middle of the desert. You notice inscriptions on the pillars but they are written in ancient text which doesn't help at all, and just as you're thinking it's time to move on you you notice a little Torkoal with attitude staring up at you angrily. "Tork!" it grunts, taking a step closer as it blows a smoky warning. "Tork!" it grunts again, this time nodding its head out toward the desert as though telling you to move on or else. "Or else what?", you ask yourself, wondering if you should just do as Torkoal wants or if you should be asking yourself if you have a bad case of heat stroke and are just imagining that a little turtle out in the middle of the desert is right now handing you an ultimatum...

    As Yougi continued his journey through what seemed to be a never ending desert he began to find things far harder than he had anticipated. The harshness of the humidity of the desert is slowly eating away at his strength while his skin feels like it's on fire as the sunlight rains down upon it. His skin that is protected by his clothing is going through a very different hell as the sweat begins to seep out causing it to feel quite prickly and itchy and every movement made it more agonising, and the day wasn't even half done yet. As the day slowly drags on in a place where time seems to have no meaning, Yougirasu notices that there are so few pokemon within the area. 'Even for a desert, you'd think there'd be more pokemon about.' thought Yougi as he wandered aimlessly, kicking a stray tumble-weed as he did. The whole environment lacked anything that resembled life, there wasn't even any wind blowing to move the few plants that were dotted around or the rogue tumble-weed that you'd expect to catch you off guard.

    "Maybe this was the wrong path to take when I'm just starting." Yougi exclaimed realising that no one was around to care what he said, but clapped his hand over his mouth as soon as he finished, realising that his tongue was now quite painful and suspected that the heat was to blame. He opened his eyes as the pain began to subside and something caught his eye, something he hadn't noticed before. On the horizon were what seemed to be some highly curious, very vertical rocks.

    Forgetting everything that had just happened, Yougi shouted, almost yelling "Shade!" and again clapped his hand to his mouth, but set of in a hurry to this new formation that would be likely to provide him some relief from the sun.

    The crunching of the sand seemed somewhat different as Yougi reached the rock pillars that had once decorated his horizon. He could tell right away that they weren't natural, 'Far to vertical and not jagged enough to be truly natural, 'Yougi thought 'what could they be doing here?' As he placed himself against one of the pillars and dropped his backpack at the base he looked around and surveyed the scene. It was then, as he stood in the shade of the nearest rock that the shape the rocks formed seemed to be easier to observe. They were in crude pentagonal positions, 'possibly trying to make a circle with 5 pillars' he thought to himself, still not risking exposing his tongue to the heat. The pedestal at the exact centre of all five pillars caught Yougi's attention next due to the fact that it looked quite similar to the bird baths that you'd find in peoples gardens. It was especially strange due to the fact that the desert couldn't possibly have been any drier, Yougi was sure he was the closest thing to water the place had seen in quite a while. He stood pondering the whole area, believing that it could have been for rituals, while leaning against the same pillar whose shade he had been enjoying for quite some time. Yougi flinched suddenly as he thought the rock would have been scorching to the touch due to the sun, even if it was in the shade, but as he put his hand back down the pillar was the coolest thing around. Yougi, quite naively, put his forehead against the rock in attempt to cool as much of himself as possible and as he did noticed groves in the rocks that could have been text, although he couldn't read it. He rubbed his fingers over these groves, trying to make out anything that he could possibly understand as he rested, but found himself quite frustrated at not being able to make out anything legible.

    Yougi lent down, quite slowly to grab his backpack by one of its straps, quite content to leave the formation behind, believing that it was just an old relic when something else catches his eye. Barely in his field of vision, a young looking Torkoal stands and it seemed to be in quite a mood with him. It's attitude was undeniable as it took a step towards Yougi, with a fiercely angry look upon it's face, spoke a well pronounced 'Tork!' and released a barrage of smoke forcefully out of it's nostrils.

    "Tork!" the Torkoal grunts again, quite forcefully, gesturing out towards the desert with a similar force. It's mood seeming to worsen each time it has to talk to you.

    'It wants me to move on,' thought Yougi 'and it's being quite pushy about it.' That was the thing that he just couldn't stand, if it hadn't been so forceful he would have been more inclined to move on, but the Torkoals gestures felt more like ultimatums rather than anything else. Yougi supposed that he could do as the little turtle asked of him, but he was quite a stuborn person and refused to be pushed out of somewhere by force. He eye stubborn d up the Torkoal, quite carefully as to try not to provoke an aggressive response from it and then he did something that possibly shocked the Torkoal.

    Yougi took a step away from the Torkoal, making sure he was fully in the shade of one of the pillars and dropped his backpack, that had been in his hand the whole time, to his feet. He bent down towards it and instead of picking it up, dropped to the sand and sat crossed legged facing the aggressive Torkoal. He kept his backpack at his feet and folded his arms in defiance, being sure to keep one hand on the pokeball that contained his Growlithe and the other on Aerodactyl. 'If he get to aggressive and comes at me with a fire based attack I'm best using Growlithe as a defence with flash fire,' Yougi thought while staring at Torkoal, 'and if it comes at me with anything else Aerodactyls rugged defence will provide some protection. I just hope it doesn't come to that.'
    Last edited by yougirasu; 27th April 2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    bigtukker: Walking through the forest you can't help but wonder what kind of Pokémon you'll meet on your journeys ahead. Your future looks bright, you have new lands to explore, many people and Pokémon to meet, and a team to fill. What that team will end up being is anyone's guess at this point in time, but it's still exciting to think about. For now, however, you feel it's best to concentrate on the present, and as you walk through the forest are fascinated by the sights and sounds around you. This place is full of life, and while the Pokémon who dwell here may be a little shy when it comes to strangers, you know they are there. You can hear their movements in the trees, their cries in the distance, and can't wait until you have the opportunity to battle one of them. Eventually you walk into a clearing where a bunch of Yanma have gathered, most likely to feed from the succulent syrup and pollen found in the flowers in this clearing, all but one of them fleeing into the forest upon your approach. Not sure whether to be happy or disappointed that you've come across a Pokémon who appears to be rather curious about you, you ponder how to react as Yanma moves in closer...

    The cries in the distance were quite clear. Spearow, Butterfree, Beedrill, Hoppip, they were all hearable in at most one hundred meters. These sounds made Andrew even more exciting, resulting in making him increase his pace. There! There was a clearing, let’s put some pace in it, were Andrews thoughts. Eventually he walked into a clearing. A lot of Yanma were gathered around this place, trying to feed themselves with the sweet syrup and pollen from the flowers decorating the clearing.

    “Cool!” Andrew said “Yanma!” He put his Pokédex out of his pocket. A mechanic voice began to sound: “Yanma, the Clear Wing Pokémon, Yanma can flap its wings faster to generate a shockwave capable of shattering windows.”

    Oops! To loud! A lot of the Clear Wing Pokémon fled into the far distance, leaving one of the group behind. This particular specimen was clearly scanning Andrew with its large eyes – or whatever those things on the front of their heads are. It was quite a strange feeling. A wild Pokémon? So tame? So curious? Slowly the Yanma decreases the distance with the brand new Pokémon Trainer.

    Andrew became nervous. What should he do? Should he let the Yanma examine himself? Should he catch it? But then he has to hurt it to weaken it. Andrew closed his eyes and thought.
    “I am a Pokémon Trainer. If I can’t capture this Yanma, because I don’t wanna hurt it. What kind of Trainer am I?”
    Andrew opened his eyes again and released Chimchar from his Poké Ball.
    “Yanma, I challenge you to a battle!” Andrew said hoping Yanma was able to understand him.

    “Chimchar, use Taunt if it wants to get away, but use Ember if it attacks!”

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    渋谷区
    Posts
    824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Atari: Gazing over the vast expanse of desert surrounding you, you take a deep drink of water from you canteen before looking down at Duskull who is floating alongside you. Kurai's expression is unreadable, but if she's feeling anywhere near as exhausted as you are right now then she's certainly doing a wonderful job of concealing it. You knew the desert would be hot but had still been unprepared for just how unrelenting this harsh and arid terrain would be, and can't help but wonder if you've made the right decision of travelling out here in search of a couple of villages that really are nothing but legend. You're low on supplies, and even more concerning is that you're running low on water with no sign of life in the immediate vicinity. If you don't find some source of shelter and refreshment soon then not finding a mythical village, which in all likelihood doesn't even exist, is going to be the least of your worries. Putting your water away you continue on your journey gazing listlessly at the Cacturne dotting the desert. Eventually you see a flock of Spearow flying overhead, and believing there must be some source of food and water nearby if there are birds this far out in the desert, decide to follow along in the direction they had flown when you come across a little Numel who is standing in your path. It gazes up at you grumpily, snorts a couple of times, paws the ground with its front leg, then grunts out a challenge. It appears this little one is up for a battle...
    Asuka quietly begged for some type of natural reservoir so she could cool herself from the nearly unbearable heat her and Kurai were travelling against. Although her stomach growled from lack of food, she repeatedly reminded herself they had to ration what supplies were left until absolutely necessary. Taking notice of the Spearow flying over head, she repeatedly assured herself their journey wouldn't last for too much longer, even though she had no idea how much longer their search would continue.

    Eventually, after what seemed like an eternity of baking in the sun although only a few hundred seconds, Kurai noticed something off in the distance. He nudged Asuka to look in the same direction. They kept walking toward it, and at the same time the figure began taking shape as it slowly approached them. "It's hard to tell exactly what that is... Maybe a Numel...?" Asuka tiredly asked Kurai.

    Soon they approached the Pokemon, and as they both saw Asuka was right in her guess. The Numel seemed extremely frustrated for some reason, stomping it's feet and blatantly letting out a few grunts. "I really don't have time for this..." Asuka mumbled aloud. She then tried to lead Kurai to walk around the Numel, ignorantly assuming the Numel would ignore them and continue down it's path. However, the Numel remained persistent in not allowing her to pass. "You're not going to give up without a fight, are you?" Asuka rhetorically questioned the Numel. She snapped a glance to Kurai, who nodded the consent to begin the battle.

    "This should be an absolute cinch. First, use your Foresight to negate any chance of evading a Faint Attack. Remember, the only thing you'll have to worry about right now is avoiding any fire moves it may throw out while you're close to it." Asuka instructed to her Duskull.


    Also, I apologize for not making this clearer in my previous post, but if it makes any difference Kurai's gender is male.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    Dramon: Wth Jinx's antics having already exhausted you, you look around the forest hoping your feathered friend hasn't scared off any Pokémon you may have had the opportunity to come across. Perhaps this is the case, perhaps not, but the Forest of Mystery is a big place so there is still plenty of opportunity to meet the native wildlife. Shooting the Murkrow a look that clearly states you're less than impressed, Jinx responds only by fluffing up his feathers and preening them to show he's not at all bothered by your oh-so-serious nature. Sighing inwardly you wonder if Jinx will ever take things seriously, when suddenly you hear the foliage to your right rustling madly. Jinx looks up, and from atop his tree stump stares curiously into the forest as the rustling moves closer. Feeling a little nervous as you're not sure what is approaching, you're wondering if you should hide when a frightened little Venonat crashes through the bushes and stops dead in its tracks upon seeing the two of you staring at it. Thinking that it looks like it's about to keel over you're wondering if you should help it when another figure comes crashing through the bushes. Venonat squeaks with fright and continues racing off into the trees on the other side of the trail as the Pinsir who had been chasing it skids to a stop. Its eyes narrow when it spies the two of you and you can almost see its brain ticking over. Fight the new ones, or chase the old one? It appears to think that neither you or Jinx are a threat, however, and races off into the forest to continue its pursuit of Venonat, a fact Jinx doesn't appear to be at all too thrilled about. He ruffles his feathers indignantly, caws his displeasure, and looks ready to take off into the bushes after the Stagbeetle Pokémon. It seems your parter wants to prove himself here, but you're not quite sure he's ready to be taking on such a fearsome looking Pokémon. But then again, what about that frightened little Venonat Pinsir is chasing? Should you help it, or simply continue on your path in search of a less dangerous adventure?
    Glaring at Jinx, the bird replied with fluffing his feathers and ignoring him completley. Looks like he's never going to take things like this seriously, is he? Wondering about what to do next, a ruffling sound came up from the bushes in front of the bickering two. The culprit had revealed itself to be a Venonat, looking around franticly. The pokemon looked at them for a brief moment before taking off to another part of the bushes, as if it was scared of something. It keeled over right in front of them. Panicking, the boy began running toward the Venonat, but another sound ripped through the silence of the forest, and the Venonat, seemingly recvived a second wind, tore off into the trees frightened."What the heck was up with that?" Devan muttered out loud. As if a sign from a diety, another ruffling sound from the bushes came up, but this one seemed a lot bigger, and traveling faster.

    He began walking backwards slowly, while Jinx had watched the entire thing from his tree stump. A pinsir emerged from the bushes, it's head moving rapidly around the entire place. The Pokemon finally noticed them, eyed them up and down, then rolled its eyes, assuming as if they weren't a threat, and tore off in the same direction into the trees, after the Venonat. The Murkrow didn't take lightly to this, and began cawwing in displeasure and began flapping his wings, flying over to Devan, who had a scared look mixed with confusion on his face. He wanted to prove to that Stagbeetle that he wasn't a minor thing to look over, he had to pay.

    The boy saw the look in the Crow Pokemon's eye, and wondered what should he do? Go after the Pinsir, who was apperantly after the Venonat, at least that was what he thought. "I don't know Jinx....He could be stronger than you, by a lot really...."
    He began. "But I'm worried about that Venonat, so maybe we should go...." That was all the confirmation the Murkrow needed before he sped off in the same direction as the StagBeetle Pokemon, and a flustered human following behind him. He hoped nothing bad would happen during this enitre ordeal, but things never worked out well for him anyways.


    Sorry for the short post, I'm on a limited time frame.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beyond the Wall.
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

    Rangeet: Standing upon the outskirts of the Forest of Adventure, Peeves blinks blankly at you when you release Torchic as he knows you expect the little fire chick to play body guard and keep an eye on him. Torchic appears just as bemused, shrugging apologetically before winking at Rotom as you stride off into the forest without a backward glance. The two Pokémon follow along behind, more interested in the scenery and the wild Pokémon they're catching glimpses of through the thick foliage than of rushing along the trail on this beautiful day. Eager to find some adventure you lead the way, impressed by the sunlight that is filtering through the canopy of leaves above which gives your surroundings a bright and airy atmosphere. Bird Pokémon are flitting between the trees, chirping and singing happily, while the rustling foliage around you tells you the Pokémon who live here are a little wary of humans and aren't too willing to show themselves although they appear to be keeping an eye on you. It's when you hear Torchic giggling that you become curious, however, as you have to wonder what he's finding so funny when you turn around to see him practically doubled over with laughter after a little Wurmple has decided to hitch a ride on Rotom's head. Peeves appears rather amused as well as it seems he's made a friend, but you're not quite sure whether to be berating them and telling them to attack the little Worm Pokémon, or to join in on the laughter...


    ]
    Please excuse my lateness, I think you got my PM. As an added note, I've been very very busy, so excuse the shortness of this and any more late replies. I'll prolly get stuff done in a week though.
    Rangeet was very surprised to see Torchic laughing like a 2 year old baby. Turning around, he was no less surprised to see a Wurmple on Peeves' head. Seeing this, Rangeet's mind worked quickly. He thought, "If I make friends with this Wurmple, the wild pokemon might be less unfriendly. Anyway Wurmple aren't all that strong." He grinned at the worm and said, "Hey, nice to see you've made a friend. Peeves, doesn't look like you're too cut up about it." Then whipping around to Torchic, he said in a mock schoolteacher voice: "Hey Torchic, it's not nice to laugh at someone!" barely hiding his own laughs. Eventually he turned to the Wurmple again, "Hitching a ride might be fun, but we're going deep into the jungle in search for a strong pokemon to catch. You sure it won't be too dangerous?" Saying this, he eagerly waited for a sign as to how dangerous this forest could be...

    Again, sorry for the...lameness :x

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,954

    Default

    It's time I deliver a huge apology to each and every one of you here in the Arcane Realm. Without posting a huge essay with a barrage of excuses as to why I've not updated I've instead accepted an offer of help from another FB updator who is willing to take over and get you guys through this zone. I'm sure you'll all understand my situation if I explained what's been going on but this doesn't change the fact I'm of little use to any of you at the moment. This should change in several weeks, but that's still several weeks more than you should have to wait considering you've already waited long enough.

    So again, I'm sorry for having let you down. It's the first time in more than six years that I've failed to deliver and I'm ashamed of myself for it, but I guess my time had to come eventually. It's just a shame you guys had to be at the receiving end of it.

    Before we get started, however, I have a quick message for CyberBlastoise and that is that I'm sorry, but I couldn't have updated you even if I did post sooner. In the past I've come under fire for being too strict on what constitutes self-updating. Upon reading your introduction to the Arcane Realm my first instinct was to ask you to rewrite it as I saw a clear case of self updating present. I decided, however, that perhaps it was time to listen to what others have been saying and to give you the benefit of doubt, assuming that you were simply being creative with your intro. This was my mistake, and for that I apologise as I should have asked you to rewrite your introduction post. If you'd like me to give you a full run-down of the most obvious mistakes that have been made I'll be happy to address the issue via PM, but in the meantime I'm going to ask you to please write another intro to the Arcane Realm, this time RPing your arrival on the shore of the Ocean of Mystery with no NPC involvement as I believe it best to keep it as simple as possible until you have the hang of update-based RPG's.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    hehe, sorry about Enchantress, I was unaware that NPC involvement also was self-updating. Eh, I guess that proves how much of a n00b i am. Though I learned from my mistake so instead here's a post of me capturing a Mewtwo...oops I mean a redo on the intro post.

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    [size=1]The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
    An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.
    Bill Darius headed to the shore of the Ocean of Mystery. He had heard all the legends and mysteries surrounding this...well...this mysterious ocean. About how people come in, but no one comes back out. He knew an adventure when he saw it, not to mention that all his current pokemon are Water-typed. The waves of the ocean were enough for his Pokemon to get excited. Bill looked out into the sparkling ocean admiring its beauty as he looked out into the serene depths. Because of the legends, no boat rental place within Bill's price range was available, so he had to start from the shore, or rather the Tide Pools. Despite the dangers of doing that, Bill found that to be the quickest way toward the ocean. Bill approached the sea with some scuba equipment he had brought with him before. While Silver, his Squirtle, and Gold, his Totodile, were great swimmers, he decided that the best one to travel with would be Savage, his Carvanha. After all, Savage was a sea-water Pokemon to begin with, and he was also Bill's fastest swimmer in the team.

    "Are you ready, Savage?" Bill asked as he put his goggles in place over his head.

    The Carvanha did not answer with words but rather with his expression. He happily swam back and forth between the entrance of the exit and the closest that he could get to Bill. "All right, all right, let's go." He grabbed the Carvanha's rough body and both swam out into the Ocean of Mystery. What awaited them? Perhaps treasure, perhaps adventure, perhaps even a Tentacool that is a champion at Dance Dance Revolution.
    Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 3rd August 2010 at 4:24 AM.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Well hello everybody, I am Food Guy, also known as PikaGod on UPN and I am going to be taking over updating you bunch of scallywags. I know that my updates won't be as good as enchantress' but I hope that they will be good enough. And just so that everybody who is in a battle knows, you can order up to three attacks per post.

    Ancient Tomb

    Ysavvryl: Aipom suddenly stops as the Smokescreen invades its vision. It wildly swats at the smoke, and as it finally manages to get rid of it, the monkey is treated to the sight of Whismur charging at it, her little arm raised up. As Whismur brings her arm down, Aipom jumps aside and grabs a handful of sand. It throws the sand in your pokemon's eyes, and as the sand connects with her eyes, she squeals in pain. However, Aipom doesn't stop there. It jumps at Whismur and Scratches at the normal type's body. Letting out another squeal, Whismur manages to connect a Pound. The attack sends the purple monkey flying backwards, but it regains itself and throws itself at Whismur, Scratching at your pokemon. It seems that Aipom is itching for a fight and to protect its treasure, which is still lying on the ground near you.

    What will you do?


    Desert of Illusion

    yougirasu: The Torkoal stares at you, obviously not happy that you are in its area. It blows a puff of smoke, yet another warning to get out. When it becomes apparent to the fire type that you aren't going anywhere, it lets out a not too threatening roar. Rearing its head, Torkoal charges at you, its mouth starting to open. Seeing that its about to release a fire attack, you raise your Growlithe's pokeball and open it. Just as the fire tortoise breathes out an Ember, Growlithe jumps in front of you. The flames lick against the dog's fur, but due to his ability nothing happens. Torkoal glared at Growlithe and coughed out a cloud of Smog. The cloud makes its way towards your pokemon, but he is unable to jump out of the way. At a loss as to what to do, you are about to issue some orders when you the ground underneath you begins to rumble. The ground continues to shake, when suddenly a large pokemon bursts up from it. You look at the pokemon, and you see that the gargantuan pokemon is in fact an Onix. Torkoal looks at you, and you sense that perhaps Torkoal has a reason for you to keep away. Onix lets out a roar and you see that perhaps you might have a bit of trouble on your hands.

    What will you do?

    Atari: Nodding his head, your Duskull stares intensely at Numel, gaining the Foresight of the fire/ground type's whereabouts in the future. The camel pokemon stares at the ghost before Growling at Kurai, making him cower a little bit. Kurai shakes his head before he suddenly disappears. Numel starts to look left to right, confused about your pokemon's whereabouts. Still looking from left to right, the fire/ground type failed to notice that Kurai had reappeared right behind it. The Duskull narrows his eye before slamming into Numel. The pokemon is thrown forward, its eyes wide open in surprise. It falls face first into the sand, and when it props itself back up, the Numel spits out an Ember at Kurai. The Duskull tries to avoid the fire, but his side is clipped by the flames. He falls down in pain, hissing through his teeth, but Kurai gets up and stares at Numel.

    What will you do?


    Forest of Adventure

    bigtukker: Chimchar nods his head and faces Yanma, getting ready to fight the bug pokemon. He starts to taunt Yanma, only for the bug to completely ignore the attack, much to your frustration. The bug turned around and started to fly away. Not wanting to lose the pokemon, you and Chimchar run after it. You follow it through forest, your surroundings all looking the same. Finally you burst out of the trees into another clearing, and this time the clearing has a whole ton less Yanma. This time the clearing has but two Yanma, the Yanma that you had been chasing before hand and another of the bug pokemon. This Yanma is wailing in pain, the bottom half of its body trapped in an Ursaring trap (Think Bear Trap). The metal jaw of doom and death appears to be firmly stuck in the Yanma's abdomen, and just opening the trap willy nilly doesn't appear to be the best course of action that you could take.

    What will you do?

    Dramon: You chase after your Murkrow, who in turn is chasing after Pinsir, who in turn is chasing Venonat. The forest around you speeds past in a blur, your mind set on getting to Jinx. You stop for a moment, needing to get some air back into your lungs, and you listen to the forest around you. You can hear the different chirping and growling of other pokemon, until finally you hear Jinx cry out. Tearing off in that direction you burst into a small clearing and find Jinx hovering in front of Pinsir, protecting Venonat. You see a fierce determination in your pokemon's eyes, and pride rises from your heart. But there is situation at hand and you must focus on reality. It is obvious that Jinx wants protect Venonat, and Pinsir definitely wants to fight.

    What shall you do?

    Rangeet: Upon hearing your question Wurmple looks at you curiously. Its eyes look up and down your body, as if it's sizing you up. Not being able to give a spoken answer, due to the ever so obvious fact that it is a pokemon, Wurmple nods its head and shudders in fright. Peeves and Torchic look up at you with concern, each of them worried about what possibly could be in the forest. Suddenly you hear a tearing noise, and Wurmple jumps to the ground and curls up in fright. Not being an idiot, you realise that perhaps the noise might possibly be one of the things that is considered to be dangerous in the forest. Even though the noise has stopped Wurmple remains curled up in a ball, and whatever is in the forest must be awfully frightful.

    What will you do?


    Ocean of Mystery

    CyberBlastoise: You dive into the water letting go of you Carvanha as you do so, Savage following you down. The water/dark type looks thrilled to be in the water, swimming around in circles around you. You smile at Savage and keep swimming. You pass several aquatic pokemon, a Chinchou, several Clamperl nestled on the sea bed, and a school of Goldeen pass by you. You look to your side, expecting to see your Carvanha eagerly swimming beside you. Instead you see nothing. Looking around in panic, you are relieved to see that Savage has swum to the surface of the ocean. Kicking your way up, you break the surface and see a small fishing boat, the bottom of which blended in with the ocean. A man on the boat looks across and sees you, and he starts to wave you and Savage over. Not seeing any reason to not do so, you swim over to the boat and the man starts to speak.

    "It is not wise to go out swimming at the moment," he started, "There is a fierce creature out there, and it has already taken several lives. I think that you should get on my boat and I will take you back into shore."

    The man's revelations are surprising to say the least, but the story of the creature is also intriguing.

    What will you do?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beyond the Wall.
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post


    Forest of Adventure



    Rangeet: Upon hearing your question Wurmple looks at you curiously. Its eyes look up and down your body, as if it's sizing you up. Not being able to give a spoken answer, due to the ever so obvious fact that it is a pokemon, Wurmple nods its head and shudders in fright. Peeves and Torchic look up at you with concern, each of them worried about what possibly could be in the forest. Suddenly you hear a tearing noise, and Wurmple jumps to the ground and curls up in fright. Not being an idiot, you realise that perhaps the noise might possibly be one of the things that is considered to be dangerous in the forest. Even though the noise has stopped Wurmple remains curled up in a ball, and whatever is in the forest must be awfully frightful.

    What will you do?


    "Oh damn, not good", muttered Rangeet. "Torchic, Peeves! Get yourselves ready, we might be in some trouble here!", he said out loud. Peering at the place the place the noise came from, he shuddered. "Should I go there or stay?...Blah, I'll flip a coin." Seeing the result of the coin, Rangeet took a few deep breaths and motioned to his pokemon. He walked towards the direction of the noise...

    Sorry for the shortness, I couldn't particularly think of much else to write.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Forest of Adventure

    Rangeet: You and your pokemon each take a deep breath as you step into forest. You slowly walk through the tree laden area, carefully checking to see if there is anything near you. Each step you take makes you think about what could have possibly made the tearing noise that you heard. Suddenly a twig breaks behind you, and you and your two pokemon turn around in surprise. Relief washes over you when you see that it is merely Wurmple. The caterpillar must have come in after you, despite the fact that it had been evidently scared by whatever was in the forest. The Wurmple wriggles over to Peeves and crawls up on his head, as it had done before. You turn back around and continue to walk through the forest. Soon you realise that the light that had previously shone through the leaves, was nearly all gone, increasing the feeling of paranoia that you have. The tearing noise suddenly bursts back into life, and you start to look around wildly. The noise starts to get closer and closer to you and the three pokemon. You hear a rustling noise, and out of the trees bursts a Scyther! The bug pokemon slashes at you, and just manages to miss you. It appears that this is the creature that frightened Wurmple beforehand, and it wants to fight.

    What shall you do?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beyond the Wall.
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    OOC: It's a Combusken now. Sorry. Also, that was fast o.O

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Forest of Adventure

    Rangeet: You and your pokemon each take a deep breath as you step into forest. You slowly walk through the tree laden area, carefully checking to see if there is anything near you. Each step you take makes you think about what could have possibly made the tearing noise that you heard. Suddenly a twig breaks behind you, and you and your two pokemon turn around in surprise. Relief washes over you when you see that it is merely Wurmple. The caterpillar must have come in after you, despite the fact that it had been evidently scared by whatever was in the forest. The Wurmple wriggles over to Peeves and crawls up on his head, as it had done before. You turn back around and continue to walk through the forest. Soon you realise that the light that had previously shone through the leaves, was nearly all gone, increasing the feeling of paranoia that you have. The tearing noise suddenly bursts back into life, and you start to look around wildly. The noise starts to get closer and closer to you and the three pokemon. You hear a rustling noise, and out of the trees bursts a Scyther! The bug pokemon slashes at you, and just manages to miss you. It appears that this is the creature that frightened Wurmple beforehand, and it wants to fight.

    What shall you do?
    "If it's a fight you want, it's a fight you'll get!", said Rangeet. He turned to his Combusken. "Let's do this, buddy!" Combusken seemed to agree. "OK, go! Heat Wave and Crossfire, let's start off!"

    He then turned to Peeves. "Take care of Weedle, K?"

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Rangeet, I need you to re reply to your last update. I was willing to let your first short reply go, but you need to make it longer. Take a little bit of time and look how your other AR members are writing. Directly stealing a quote from enchantress when I was first a part of FB - When replying, think about the situation you're in. What are your thoughts? What are your feelings? Given a real life situation, and in the FB world your adventures are "real" in a sense, how will you react to whatever situation you've just found yourself in? Surely you're not going to come across something like an enraged Tauros and say, "Blaze, use Flamethrower!" Your initial reaction is going to be something along the lines of "Holy S***! WTF am I going to do now?!" You're most likely going to be ready to pee your pants, so RP that into your reply. Show some emotion. Show some feeling. Think about what you would do if you find yourself in the situation you're facing and RP it into your reply before you start thinking, "Blaze! use Flamethrower!" Trust me, your replies will be a hell of a lot more believable, and one thousand times better than charging straight in to attack. FB is about role playing so the sooner you start working on getting into character and putting as much into your replies as you can, the sooner you'll be free of me and out there adventuring in mainstream zones.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Beyond the Wall.
    Posts
    2,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Forest of Adventure

    Rangeet: You and your pokemon each take a deep breath as you step into forest. You slowly walk through the tree laden area, carefully checking to see if there is anything near you. Each step you take makes you think about what could have possibly made the tearing noise that you heard. Suddenly a twig breaks behind you, and you and your two pokemon turn around in surprise. Relief washes over you when you see that it is merely Wurmple. The caterpillar must have come in after you, despite the fact that it had been evidently scared by whatever was in the forest. The Wurmple wriggles over to Peeves and crawls up on his head, as it had done before. You turn back around and continue to walk through the forest. Soon you realise that the light that had previously shone through the leaves, was nearly all gone, increasing the feeling of paranoia that you have. The tearing noise suddenly bursts back into life, and you start to look around wildly. The noise starts to get closer and closer to you and the three pokemon. You hear a rustling noise, and out of the trees bursts a Scyther! The bug pokemon slashes at you, and just manages to miss you. It appears that this is the creature that frightened Wurmple beforehand, and it wants to fight.

    What shall you do?
    "...Huh? What? Whoa!" Rangeet narrowly managed to dodge the Slash. Pity that sent his heart pounding, because he may have made a less rash decision then. His face a canvas of fear, it was almost possible to see his neurons firing. He seemed to make a movement as if to turn and run, but his legs were stuck to the ground. However, seeing the enraged Scyther, he seemed to recover his senses. Knowing it was too late to run, he took a deep breath. "Blaze, I need your help. Heat Wave and Crossfire." It seemed Blaze was as scared as him, he hoped it wouldn't show in this battle...
    Last edited by Raddaya; 4th August 2010 at 3:47 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •