Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 72 of 72

Thread: The Arcane Realm - FB Training Zone

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    1,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Ocean of Mystery

    CyberBlastoise:
    The small fish looks up at you, a look of contemplation in its eyes. You can tell that it is deciding whether or not it wants to join you, and while it does so it weakly flops to the water's edge, just in case it doesn't want to join you. However the time starts to drag on, and you feel your spirits start to drop, the chances of Finneon joining you getting lower and lower as each minute passes. Suddenly Finneon jumps up and whacks its head against your Cherish Ball, having made its decision to join your party. Congratulation you caught a Lv 4 Male Finneon Smiling as you clip the ball on your belt, the water around you starts to get rough. Looking around in confusion, you spot a glowing ball making its way towards you. Lifting itself out of the water, you feel a calmness sweep through you, mellowing you out.

    I see that you have caught my guardian a serene voice says into your head It is time for him to leave this place, he has vigilantly done his job for many a year and now with my blessing it is time for him to start anew.

    The Cherish Ball that holds Finneon starts to glow, and you watch as wisps of energy make their way from it to the glowing orb, taking away the powers that the Ocean Spirit granted it. As the last wisp made its way to the orb, it just disappeared, but you know that it will probably watch over Finneon for many years to come.

    With the capture of Finneon you are free from the Arcane Realm and may venture into Full Zones and use the Egg House upon replying to this update. It has been fun updating you, and maybe I will end up updating you again at some point.
    Bill picked up the Cherish Ball, looking at it with content. He knew that he had done what needed to be done, and that was to quell the raging Finneon from the Ocean of Mystery. He now had a new companion that would definitely be welcomed with opened arms (and fins). The spirit's voice sounded familiar to him, like he had heard it not too long ago, but Bill decided not to think too much into it. As he looked out to a very gorgeous sunset, he thought to himself, Spirit, I don't know if you can hear my thoughts, but I vow to you that I will protect this Finneon to the best of my ability. Though next time you have a Pokemon create rage and chaos, please try not to attack anything that would likely damage the ecosystem any farther. He chuckled to himself. His Squirtle jumped up and down in joy, soon a white light enveloped it. The Turtle's structure grew taller and two ears appeared to pop out from his head. The tail then grew out and swirled around. Silver evolved into a Wartortle. Afterwards, Bill and his newly evolved companion walked away from the ocean and headed more inland. Then he realized something; his surroundings had changed quite significantly. He thought aloud, "That's weird. I didn't think we swam that far...did we?" He shrugged it off and decided to head more inland, ready for his next adventure.

    Thank you for updating me, it was quite an enjoyable adventure. Though I don't know which zone to go to first. XD
    Last edited by CyberBlastoise; 9th January 2011 at 5:28 AM.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu:
    Growlithe nods as he gets his orders and you slowly make your way over to Torkoal. Growlithe glows red as an intense Wave of Heat makes its way over to Onix. The giant rock snake lets out a roar of Rage and slams its tail into the fire dog. Your pokemon lets out a yelp of pain as the attack makes him airborne for a few seconds. He hits the ground with a THUD, but he still has enough in him to keep fighting. As the battle continues on behind you, you have finally made it to Torkoal. The fire tortoise looks up at you, and you can immediately tell that it is a fair amount of pain. Torkoal senses that you want to help it, and slowly its gets up. The pokemon hisses in pain as it stands upright, but nevertheless it starts to follow you as you very slowly make your way over to the altar from before. Behind you the battle still rages on. Growlithe glares at Onix before he starts to charge at it, his head taking on a slightly silver sheen. The Iron Head slams into Onix's rocky body, who retaliates by Raging once again and slamming Growlithe away with its tail.

    What will you do?
    With a nod, Growlithe stared at the Onix that towered over him as Yougi made a scrambling dash through the sand towards Torkoal. He made every effort to stay as low as possible, to avoid the Onix's attention but found that this made getting over to Torkoal more troublesome than he'd first intended.

    A burst or heat hits Yougi's back, alerting him to Growlithe's Heat Wave being launched at Onix and he takes the moment to made another dash, this time running, towards Torkoal. However, a large roar stops him in his tracks and makes him hit thre sand once more. But the roar wasn't aimed towards him, Onix was enraged at Growlithe now and struck it with it's tail in such a way that Growlithe gained momentary flight.

    Seeing Growlithe managing to stand after landing with such a thud spurs Yougi on and he covers the last of the ground to where Torkoal lay. Looking into Torkoals eyes, Yougi can see the pain it's feeling and trys to get it on it's feet again. A hiss of pain cuts Yougi like a knife as Torkoal manages to get on it's feet again and slowly moves towards the altar where everything started.

    Behind Yougi, Growlithe's upper body and head taken on a silvery, metalic sheen as it charges in at Onix once more. It strikes at the sturdy rocks that form it's body with it's head of iron for an effective blow, but again this only serves to aggrivate Onix who's tail swings down again. As the tail slams into Growlithe in another enraged blow Growlithe finds itself away from the Onix once more, laying in the sand.

    Pausing for a minute to see how Growlithe was doing, Yougi looked back over his shoulder hoping that Torkoal would be able to manage to take a few steps without him whilst he checked on the battle. Growlithe could barely be seen over the small dunes of sand, but he looked worse for wear. He didn't know if Growlithe was capable of continuing the battle, but he did need as much time as possible to get Torkoal to safety and he did think that beating an Onix would give Growlithe a great conifdence boost in future battles.

    He mentally skimmed over Growlithe's available moveset and almost slapped himself on the forehead for forgetting one of the earliest moves that Growlithe had gained whilst with Yougi. Calling out, he said,
    "Growlithe, hang in there and if you can, make use of the cloudless desert skies with Morning Sun, then blast it with a Fire Spin."
    Hoping Growlithe could hear him over the Onix's movements and low roars, Yougi turned back to supporting Torkoal and egging it onwards towards the Altar.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Desert Illusion

    yougirasu:
    Giving your pokemon his orders, you put your focus back on what you were doing. The fire turtle that you are escorting actually seems a little better, though its movement is still slow and laboured. On the good side of things however, the pair of you have managed to progress quite far and are more than halfway to the altar. Strangely enough, you hear something that sounds similar to tapping. Deciding to focus on what is going on at the moment, you look down and see that Torkoal seems a whole lot better. The fire pokemon looks up at you with a look that says to you something along the lines of 'You will find out soon enough'.

    Meanwhile Growlithe and Onix are still facing off against each other. Growlithe starts to glow, letting out a sigh as the Morning Sun healed his injured body. Unfortunately that gives Onix a brief window to Slam its tail into the puppy. Flung away by the attack Growlithe bounces back onto his feet, his healing attack restoring him fairly well. The dog lets out a bark and spits a Fire Spin at Onix, the fiery whirlwind winding itself up the rock snake. Onix lets out a loud roar before breaking out of the Fire Spin, and Screeches at Growlithe, making the dog start to whimper.

    What will you do?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Desert Illusion

    yougirasu:
    Giving your pokemon his orders, you put your focus back on what you were doing. The fire turtle that you are escorting actually seems a little better, though its movement is still slow and laboured. On the good side of things however, the pair of you have managed to progress quite far and are more than halfway to the altar. Strangely enough, you hear something that sounds similar to tapping. Deciding to focus on what is going on at the moment, you look down and see that Torkoal seems a whole lot better. The fire pokemon looks up at you with a look that says to you something along the lines of 'You will find out soon enough'.

    Meanwhile Growlithe and Onix are still facing off against each other. Growlithe starts to glow, letting out a sigh as the Morning Sun healed his injured body. Unfortunately that gives Onix a brief window to Slam its tail into the puppy. Flung away by the attack Growlithe bounces back onto his feet, his healing attack restoring him fairly well. The dog lets out a bark and spits a Fire Spin at Onix, the fiery whirlwind winding itself up the rock snake. Onix lets out a loud roar before breaking out of the Fire Spin, and Screeches at Growlithe, making the dog start to whimper.

    What will you do?
    Putting his focus back onto Torkoal after shouting the orders across the desert, Yougirasu notices a slight change in the pokemons disposition. Though still slow and sluggish when crossing the sand, Torkoal seems a little better after the blows it'd previously endured.

    'Maybe it's the peace of getting some distance from the Onix or the fact that it's had some time to gain a little of it's strength back, but Torkoal's really picking up and recovering.' Yougi thought to himself. Looking back, the distance between Yougi and Torkoal, the altar and the shifted sand where Torkoal landed all looked the same. Clearly they were managing to make good progress.

    ~As Growlithe faces off against the fearsome Onix that towers above him as it rears upwards, he sighs and begins his orders with something that relieves him for a short while. Glowing in a slightly golden tint as the sunlight hits him, restoring his health as he takes a moment to chill from the battle. As his injuries start to ease and his worries leave him, Onix makes the decision to strike within the window of opportunity and Slams it's oversized tail into Growlithe.

    Growlithe flies through the air once more and lands on the soft sand a small distance from his foe. Bounding up onto his feet, the brief respite having restored him in an efficient manner, he rears up somewhat and lets out an aggressive bark towards Onix as he prepares to attack again.~


    Egging Torkoal on with encouraging words, Yougi pauses for a moment as he hears something similar to tapping over his possitive words. He looks downwards towards Torkoal with an inquisitive look on his face, but mainly interested in pushing onwards, and see's that the pokemon is much more content and seems better and restored somewhat regardless of the travelling it was doing.

    Torkoal turns it's head slightly and looks up at Yougi, catching his inquisitive look. Although it can't exactly communicate with Yougi and is probably focusing on keeping moving rather than talking, Yougi manages to catch a look from Torkoal. Slightly befuddled by the look that seems to be suggesting patience, something Yougi has never been best at (especially since he charged into battle with an aggressive Onix whilst using a fire type), Yougi just shrugged it off and pushed the two of them onwards to the altar.

    ~Catching a small breath after his bark, Growlithe opens his mouth once more to spit out a snaking fire spin. The whirlwind of fire forms around Onix, coiling it's way up it's neck and causing Onix to let out a roar. Thrashing through though, Onix breaks free of the hold of the fire and with it's eyes locked on Growlithe unleashes a powerful screech that could be heard across a great distance.

    His sensitive ears ringing somewhat, Growlithe whimpers and attempts to cover them as best he can in fear of another attack. Whilst doing so though, he tries to maintain vision of the Onix to make sure he doesn't ge caught off guard whilst reeling from the loud roar.~


    Looking back across the desert as a large roar crossed the barron land, Yougi had a feeling that Growlithe might not be doing so well if he was to close to that. Regardless, he felt the need to shout orders across the sand even if he wasn't sure if Growlithe would hear him. He needed the opportunity to push on with Torkoal and Growlithe had done a stellar job so far, he had faith that Growlithe would hear even though a part of him didn't believe he would.

    "Growlithe, give it another full force Ember to the nearest section you can hit." Yougi called out to his pup,
    "Then try giving it another Heat Wave. You're doing great at holding it off." He added as he called out and held his breath as he checked on Torkoal again, hoping he'd catch Growlithe's flames striking Onix as they kept moving.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    yougirasu:
    Growlithe glares at Onix, the battle starting to get on his nerves. Onix stares right back, before it closes its eyes and briefly glows. Growlithe is momentarily confused at what Onix is doing, but the confusion soon disappears when a wind picks up, lifting the sand off the ground, creating a Sandstorm. Your puppy winces as the sand buffets his body, but he doesn't let it deter him. Growlithe coughs up a large Ember, the fireball slams into Onix's face, burning one of its eyes. The rock snake Flails about, knocking Growlithe down with its tail, as it screams in pain. Growlithe continues with his onslaught and lets out a Wave of Heat. Onix lets out another scream of pain, the Heat Wave antagonizing its burnt eye. Growlithe prepares itself for another attack, but instead Onix turns around and runs away, the battle being too much for it. With a confused look, Growlithe realises that he has won the battle, and turns to make his way back to you.

    Meanwhile, you and Torkoal have finally made your way back to the altar, the fire turtle almost seeming like it never even got hurt, and that odd tapping noise has gotten much louder. It starts to walk towards the source of the tapping noise, and following it you see a nest with several Torkoal coloured eggs there. Suddenly it clicks as to why Torkoal originally attacked, to protect its nest of eggs. You continue to look at the eggs when you hear barking, Growlithe has returned to you! Giving the dog a rub on the head for winning his battle, you notice several pokemon in the distance. Headed by who you assume to be the Onix from before there was a Sandshrew and a Cacnea. Torkoal lets out a cry of alarm, the oncoming pokemon obviously want to battle and there is a chance that they could harm its eggs.

    What will you do?

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    yougirasu:
    Growlithe glares at Onix, the battle starting to get on his nerves. Onix stares right back, before it closes its eyes and briefly glows. Growlithe is momentarily confused at what Onix is doing, but the confusion soon disappears when a wind picks up, lifting the sand off the ground, creating a Sandstorm. Your puppy winces as the sand buffets his body, but he doesn't let it deter him. Growlithe coughs up a large Ember, the fireball slams into Onix's face, burning one of its eyes. The rock snake Flails about, knocking Growlithe down with its tail, as it screams in pain. Growlithe continues with his onslaught and lets out a Wave of Heat. Onix lets out another scream of pain, the Heat Wave antagonizing its burnt eye. Growlithe prepares itself for another attack, but instead Onix turns around and runs away, the battle being too much for it. With a confused look, Growlithe realises that he has won the battle, and turns to make his way back to you.

    Meanwhile, you and Torkoal have finally made your way back to the altar, the fire turtle almost seeming like it never even got hurt, and that odd tapping noise has gotten much louder. It starts to walk towards the source of the tapping noise, and following it you see a nest with several Torkoal coloured eggs there. Suddenly it clicks as to why Torkoal originally attacked, to protect its nest of eggs. You continue to look at the eggs when you hear barking, Growlithe has returned to you! Giving the dog a rub on the head for winning his battle, you notice several pokemon in the distance. Headed by who you assume to be the Onix from before there was a Sandshrew and a Cacnea. Torkoal lets out a cry of alarm, the oncoming pokemon obviously want to battle and there is a chance that they could harm its eggs.

    What will you do?
    ~Growlithe and Onix stare off at each other, as the battle begins to wear on Growlithe's nerves. It takes but a moment for Onix to close it's eyes and begins to glow, confusing Growlithe in regards to what it's doing. It doesn't take long for it's intentions to become apparent and Growlithes confusion to disappear as the winds pick up and the stones that make Onix's body begin to shift. Within seconds, the shifting gusts of wind pick up the sand around Onix and a sandstorm appears around the two of them, cutting them off from the rest of the desert with rapidly moving grains.

    The buffeting sand causes Growlithe to wince in pain, the sand proving to be painful as well as problematic. But undetered, Growlithe settles himself in the painful winds and prepares his volley. Coughing up a forceful ember attack that cuts it's way through the sand storm, Growlithe watches as the attack slams into Onix's face, scorching around the eye and leaving the area burnt.~

    Meanwhile, across the desert, Yougi and Torkoal finally reach the altar and Yougi composes him self against a nearby pillar. Looking across the sands, he can see a large cloud of dust surrounding where he had last seen the Onix. Assuming the pair were still going at it, he turned his attention towards Torkoal, who now seemed a whole lot better and almost seemed uninjured now. He still had a look of confusion on his face as the tapping that he'd heard earier was much louder than it had been and he felt alarmed at it's presence.

    He watched Torkoal walk over towards one of the pillars where the tapping seemed to be eminating from and with some hesitance, followed after it. He was suprised when he saw what Torkoal had gone to look at, a bunch of oval, stone like items were resting in the warm sand at the base of one of the pillars. They had a deep orangey-red hue at the bottom of them that faded into a dark grey towards the top and were the source of all the tapping. Stooping down to get a better look, Yougi noticed the way they wobbled.
    'Almost like they're alive.' He thought to himself, before he slapped the palm of his hand to his forehead, possibly suprising Torkoal. He hadn't realised, but they were eggs. Torkoal eggs to be more precise and this must have been Torkoal's nest.

    ~Screeching in pain from the burn at a highly sensitive place, Onix flailed about, thrashing it's bosy all over the place and striking Growlithe with it's tail. As Growlithe recovers, it seizes the opportunity whilst Onix flails wildly and launches another heat wave over the rock type. The burst of hot air, with flickers of stray embers within it strikes the rock type hard and serves to aggrivate the burn on it's face.

    Growlithe prepares itself for another assault as Onix screams in pain once more. But it never comes. Onix instead turns tail and slithers away, not looking back towards Growlithe or the altar. Growlithe tilted it's head in confusion before realising that Onix must have fled, with the battle being to much for it, meaning that he'd won the battle. Happy in Onix's defeat, Growlithe begins crossing the desert as the winds die down, bounding towards Yougi with glee.~

    Staring at the eggs, Yougi realises just why the Torkoal had tried to drive it away from the altar and it takes him a few minutes before he realises he can hear something over the rattling of the eggs against the pillar. Turning round, he sees Growlithe bounding up, clearly the victor of his battle and he stoops down once more to greet his pup and praise him for it's difficult victory. Looking up from his Growlithe, he spots a group moving towards them at quite a pace and gradually stops patting his pokemon as the reality dawns on him.

    In the distance, he could clearly make out 3 pokemon; a Cacnea, a Sandshrew and what appeared to be the Onix from before. Torkoal called out in alarm, noticing what Yougirasu was looking at and worrying that they were coming to harm the eggs. The trio seemed intent on battling and such a battle could end up with horrible consequences in the fragile eggs were struck in the midst of everything.

    Yougi looked down at Growlithe, who didn't seem to badly off after the last battle but he was sure that it would have taken a toll on him. Thinking about the pokemon that were coming towards them, he noted that Growlithe would only have an advantage over one of them and with Torkoal seeming better it might be the perfect time to give Growlithe a small break, assuming Torkoal would be fighting to protect it's unborn young.

    He said to Growlithe,
    "Listen, I want you to use Morning Sun once more if you're up to it and then take a break in you're Pokéball. If things get rough like they did before, it might be best to open with Clefairy rather than bringing you straight into another battle. You must be tireder than you look." He looked over at Torkoal, unsure what it would do as he gathered Growlithe and Clefairy's Pokéballs in preparation to return Growlithe and have Clefairy at the ready. He fully intended on heading out to meet the oncoming pokémon.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu:Growlithe nods his little puppy head and uses Morning Sun to replenish his health before disappearing in a beam of red energy, sucked back into his pokeball. You clip his ball back on and watch the incoming pokemon, ready to send out Clefairy when you need to. Torkoal walks up beside you, staring at the incoming pokemon. You can sense that she is scared for her eggs, but at the same time, Torkoal will do anything to ensure that her eggs are safe. Closer and closer the pokemon made their way towards you and the fire turtle, the tension and anxiety so thick you could probably cut it and then spread it on a piece of toast and still have enough to fill a couple of jars. Torkoal looks at you and nods her head, making her way out to meet the pokemon, intending for you to follow suit.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu:Growlithe nods his little puppy head and uses Morning Sun to replenish his health before disappearing in a beam of red energy, sucked back into his pokeball. You clip his ball back on and watch the incoming pokemon, ready to send out Clefairy when you need to. Torkoal walks up beside you, staring at the incoming pokemon. You can sense that she is scared for her eggs, but at the same time, Torkoal will do anything to ensure that her eggs are safe. Closer and closer the pokemon made their way towards you and the fire turtle, the tension and anxiety so thick you could probably cut it and then spread it on a piece of toast and still have enough to fill a couple of jars. Torkoal looks at you and nods her head, making her way out to meet the pokemon, intending for you to follow suit.
    With Yougi's decisions made, Growlithe bows his head slowly in a responsive nod before glowing once more with the sunlight all around. Having completed his morning healing ritual, Yougi pulls up his Pokeball and returns Growlithe in a beam of red light that engulfs him before sucking him back to safety.

    Clipping the Pokeball back onto his belt and looking out towards the approaching pokemon, Yougi moves his hand over to Clefairy's Pokeball, sizing it up and wrapping his hand around it. He feels the sand around his foot shift and looking around, he sees Torkoal walk beside him to stare out at the incoming pokemon. Torkoal seems focused on the distant pokemon that were becoming less so, but still there seemed to be some fear in the pokemon's eyes. Assuming that she's just anxious to protect her eggs, Yougi doesn't give it to much thought, although he hopes that Torkoal won't go to far to protect them as the hatclings will need a parent to help protect them in this ruthless terrain.

    As the trio of pokemon grow closer and closer, the air grows thick with tension and anxiety. Neither Yougi or Torkoal intend on letting the aggressors gain an inch towards the eggs, but still the feeling remains in the air and it seems like the air is so thick with nerves that you could carve them right out of the air around them. Torkoal raises her head, knocking Yougi's jeans somewhat, and as he looks down to her she nods at him and proceeds to make her way out towards the cloud of dust that lingers behind the 3 fast moving pokemon.

    Yougi pauses for a second before setting off after Torkoal. He had no intention of avoiding the fight, but thought it best to stay a few steps behind so that should fighting ensue he'd have a better chance of getting himself out of the firing line as soon as his pokemon was doing battle. He hoped that Torkoal knew that he was just behind her and that he wasn't going to abandon what they'd already started. Still, as he unclipped Clefairy from his belt intent on giving her her first taste of battle, he felt nervous. In part because he didn't want to let her down and watch her faint as Aerodactyl had, but also because he felt obliged to ensure that Torkoal would make it out of the fight in one piece to look after her children.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu: Following Torkoal, you grab a hold of the ball that Clefairy is residing in. Unclipping it you feel a little nervous, it is her first battle and you don't want her to faint like Aerodactyl had done earlier. Nevertheless you keep walking, you grip tightening a little bit on your ball. In front of you Torkoal keeps glancing backwards, both to make sure that you are still there and to make sure that her eggs are safe. Suddenly there is a loud roar, the sound taking you by surprise. Onix, Sandshrew and Cacnea have stopped, each of them raring to battle. Torkoal steps forward, the fire turtle still glancing back at her eggs and and lets out a little puff of fire. The four pokemon began to talk, or at least you think that they are talking, all you can hear is them speaking their pokemon speak. Soon the pokemon stop and Sandshrew and Cacnea step forward. Torkoal also steps forward and looks across at you. It appears that you and Torkoal are to fight Sandshrew and Cacnea.

    What will you do?

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu: Following Torkoal, you grab a hold of the ball that Clefairy is residing in. Unclipping it you feel a little nervous, it is her first battle and you don't want her to faint like Aerodactyl had done earlier. Nevertheless you keep walking, you grip tightening a little bit on your ball. In front of you Torkoal keeps glancing backwards, both to make sure that you are still there and to make sure that her eggs are safe. Suddenly there is a loud roar, the sound taking you by surprise. Onix, Sandshrew and Cacnea have stopped, each of them raring to battle. Torkoal steps forward, the fire turtle still glancing back at her eggs and and lets out a little puff of fire. The four pokemon began to talk, or at least you think that they are talking, all you can hear is them speaking their pokemon speak. Soon the pokemon stop and Sandshrew and Cacnea step forward. Torkoal also steps forward and looks across at you. It appears that you and Torkoal are to fight Sandshrew and Cacnea.

    What will you do?
    As Yougi walks out with Torkoal, he grasps the pokeball on his belt that contains Clefairy and as he moves to unclip the ball he feels the nerves speaking up again. With this being the first time that Clefairy had been outside her ball since the trade in which he'd received her, Yougi really didn't want to see things go the same way as they had for Aerodactyl. Regardless of his nerves though, he keeps walking and stays just a few steps behind Torkoal and simply tightens his grip on Clefairy's ball to try and work out those nerves.

    As Torkoal glances backwards once again, something she'd been doing quite often to ensure that Yougi was following her all the way and that her eggs were safe, a loud roar echoes out throught the desert. Yougi jumps at the loud cry and Torkoal seems shaken by it to as they both look to see what it was for.

    Ahead of them, Onix Sandshrew and Cacnea have stopped and look intent on battling. But before anything happens, Torkoal steps forward, glances at her eggs and releases a puff of smoke that gently rises. She calls out to the pokemon facing them and the group seem to enter a tense conversation. Tilting his head, Yougi tries to figure out what's being suggested through the myriad of Sandshrew, Onix, Cacnea and Torkoal cries. But before he has the faintest idea of what's being discussed, the talking is over.

    Leveling his head, Yougi sees that both Sandshrew and Cacnea have stepped forward away from the Onix that brought them over. Torkoal also moves forwards by just a few steps and looks across at Yougi. After surveying the scene for a second, Yougi assumes that he and Torkoal will be battling both Cacnea and Sandshrew and that Onix isn't involved either to keep things fair or because of it's battle with Growlithe earlier. Regardless, he wasn't going to be the one battling and with a quick flick of his wrist he releases Clefairy from the captivity of her Pokeball.

    She blinks a little as the light strikes her eyes, the location is clearly out of her norm but she see's that there's two pokemon facing her intent on battling. Yougi decides to speak out to her, to calm her somewhat,
    "Clefairy, we've got a double battle here, but things shouldn't be to bad. Just don't get the sun in your eyes."
    He paused for a second to think about what would be best for the battle. Clefairy had moves to deal with both pokemon that she was facing but, as he brushed the sweat off his brow, Yougirasu realised that the natural sunlight would hinder some of the effectivity of the moves she could use against Cacnea. Instead, he'd do his best to focus on the Sandshrew as that was where he could make the biggest impact and Torkoal could do the same against Cacnea.

    Deciding on the moves he'd like Clefairy to start off with, he called out once more,
    "Clefairy, focus on Sandshrew for the time being and start with Magical Leaf before following up with Sing. Sandshrews like to get in close, so we'll want to try and keep some distance."
    With his decisions made, he looked over at Torkoal, wondering how she was after all she'd been through and how she would react to the battle.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    It's been months since some of you have replied, and since Food Guy has PM'd those of you who have gone inactive and received either no response or a reply to say you've quit, we need to finalise this thread so that new people can join FB.

    CyberBlastoise has completed his adventure in the Arcane Realm and Yougirasu is ongoing, but the following members have found that we are not quite what they were looking for.

    Atari
    bigtukker
    Dramon
    Rangeet
    Ysavvryl

    We are now instating the AR's activity rule which states that you need to remain active in this zone if you wish to graduate to official FB member status. If the five of you wish to rejoin FB at a later date, we'll be more than happy to see you sign up when SPPF registration reopens again.

    For now we'll leave Food Guy and Yougirasu to wrap up this current group, which shouldn't take long now.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu: You release Clefairy from her ball, the fairy pokemon letting out an ecstatic cry as you do so. You tell her what to do, which is focus on attacking the Sandshrew. She nods and gets ready to fight. Realising that the normal type will be fighting it, the ground type pokemon brings his attention to Clefairy. The normal type throws her arms forward, and as if by Magic a group of Leaves burst forward and make their way towards Sandshrew. The shrew spits forth a Swift array of stars, hoping to perhaps cancel out Clefairy's attack. However, the two attacks merely pass each other, with several stars and leaves hitting and destroying each other, and both pokemon are hit by the other's attack, Sandshrew taking more damage than Clefairy. As both pokemon stumble from the attacks Sandshrew is able to get its grounding back first and lunges at Clefairy. It Furiously Swipes at the fairy pokemon, getting in several good hits. Your pokemon swats away Sandshrew and opens her mouth nice and wide, Singing a beautiful lullaby. Sandshrew's eyes begin to droop and it falls face first into the sand, fast asleep.

    What will you do?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu: You release Clefairy from her ball, the fairy pokemon letting out an ecstatic cry as you do so. You tell her what to do, which is focus on attacking the Sandshrew. She nods and gets ready to fight. Realising that the normal type will be fighting it, the ground type pokemon brings his attention to Clefairy. The normal type throws her arms forward, and as if by Magic a group of Leaves burst forward and make their way towards Sandshrew. The shrew spits forth a Swift array of stars, hoping to perhaps cancel out Clefairy's attack. However, the two attacks merely pass each other, with several stars and leaves hitting and destroying each other, and both pokemon are hit by the other's attack, Sandshrew taking more damage than Clefairy. As both pokemon stumble from the attacks Sandshrew is able to get its grounding back first and lunges at Clefairy. It Furiously Swipes at the fairy pokemon, getting in several good hits. Your pokemon swats away Sandshrew and opens her mouth nice and wide, Singing a beautiful lullaby. Sandshrew's eyes begin to droop and it falls face first into the sand, fast asleep.

    What will you do?
    With Clefairy brought to battle and clearly eyeing up Sandshrew under Yougi’s orders her opposition focuses on her, realising that it may well be Clefairy’s primary target. The air is rigid with tension in the slight pause where the two stare each other down as the gentle winds howl somewhat as the graze across the scorched sands.

    Throwing her arms forward, Clefairy summons up some of her grass energy from within to send a barrage of leaves bursting forth as if from nowhere. As the blades make their way towards Sandshrew, it releases a burst of bright stars. Spitting them out in hopes of nullifying Clefairy’s original onslaught. The two attacks, however, mostly bypass each other with only a few making contact with the other causing both parts to burst into glimmering ashes that float gently down towards the sand. With the two attacks past one another, they strike their respective targets dealing good blows, but as Yougi notes, Sandshrew will have taken more due to typing.

    Both stumble backwards, caught slightly off guard by the barrage that struck them and make an attempt to gather their poise the fastest and gain an advantage. Sandshrew does so faster than its opposition and quickly leaps forwards, aiming to seize the edge it’s found. As it lunges, it swipes with its sharp claws, furiously scratching at Clefairy who calls out in pain as the mouse pokémon gains several good hits.
    Clefairy makes an attempt to bat Sandshrew away as the two seem slightly intertwined after the assault and as she gets a gap she opens her mouth. Stretching it wide, she releases a soothing melody, a lullaby of sorts that echoes out across the sand. Yougi hoped that the sound wouldn’t impede Torkoals assault on Cacnea but notices that the calming sound has lulled Sandshrew into a state of sleep as it slumps forwards and lands face first in the sand.

    Looking at the snoozing pokémon, Yougi hopes that the sand won’t hinder it’s breathing too much. Noting that Sandshrew are somewhat known for burying within various terrains, he calms himself that it should be fine when dealing with a bit of sand and he decides to take advantage of Sandshrews snooze to gain some thinking time.
    He notes that whilst they’ve gotten off to a decent start, they might be fairly even and that Clefairy won’t be able to rely on her only grass attack forever. He has to find a way to inflict noticeable damage to the shrew-like pokémon. Suddenly, he slaps his hand up to his forehead with a force that leaves both parts stinging. He’d realised that Clefairy had been taught a move a while back that could seriously boost her attacking prowess, but on the downside would cut her health drastically. Although he was unsure about using wish due to any possible delays, he knew that Clefairy did have one other move to gain some of her health back, but it wouldn’t gain a boost.

    Yougi winced at the thought of his strategy. Clefairy would have a disadvantage when it came to the comparison of health after the end of the orders, but she’d gain a significant boost that should give her enough of an edge to claw it back quickly. But on the plus side, he did intend on following it up with a move to ease some of her pain. He called out to Clefairy, hoping not to meet her eyes for to long as he gave his orders.
    “Clefairy, we should try and gain an edge, but to get a little you have to give a little. So open up with a Belly Drum and then get a bit of relief by using Dream Eater. But if your drumming wakes Sandshrew,” Yougi’s voice cracked here as he severely hoped that it wouldn’t wake Sandshrew. Clearing his throat, he continued
    “If Sandshrew should wake use Zen Headbutt instead of Dream Eater.”

    He really did want Clefairy to get some relief after her first move, but it was all down to a bit of luck now Yougi thought as he strained his head away from Clefairy to avoid any unsettling gaze and to check on how Torkoal was fairing up.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu: Your fairy nods her head, also understanding that your plan could be potentially dangerous. She lifts up her arms and starts to beat them against her Belly, as if it were a Drum. She shudders as her body exchanges health for strength, Clefairy now looking a little worse for wear. Still laying on the ground, Sandshrew was snoring its little head away, there not appearing to be any signs of waking up anytime soon. Seeing that her opponent was still incapacitated by slumber, Clefairy gives a wicked little smile as she starts to wave her arms back and forth. Sandshrew tosses and turns, his head dimly glowing. Suddenly an orb of dark... stuff floats out of the shrew's head and is absorbed by Clefairy, replenishing her health somewhat. However, the Dream Eater has a little bit of a side effect, Sandshrew waking up. The ground type rubs its eyes and lets out a little yawn, moments before remembering that its in a battle. Not too happy that it had been put to sleep, Sandshrew spits out a barrage of stars, the Swift easily finding its target. Knocked back slightly, Clefairy easily regains her composure, and glares a little at Sandshrew. At the end of that round, Sandshrew is panting slightly, a sign that Clefairy is in better shape than the ground type pokemon.

    What will you do?

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu: Your fairy nods her head, also understanding that your plan could be potentially dangerous. She lifts up her arms and starts to beat them against her Belly, as if it were a Drum. She shudders as her body exchanges health for strength, Clefairy now looking a little worse for wear. Still laying on the ground, Sandshrew was snoring its little head away, there not appearing to be any signs of waking up anytime soon. Seeing that her opponent was still incapacitated by slumber, Clefairy gives a wicked little smile as she starts to wave her arms back and forth. Sandshrew tosses and turns, his head dimly glowing. Suddenly an orb of dark... stuff floats out of the shrew's head and is absorbed by Clefairy, replenishing her health somewhat. However, the Dream Eater has a little bit of a side effect, Sandshrew waking up. The ground type rubs its eyes and lets out a little yawn, moments before remembering that its in a battle. Not too happy that it had been put to sleep, Sandshrew spits out a barrage of stars, the Swift easily finding its target. Knocked back slightly, Clefairy easily regains her composure, and glares a little at Sandshrew. At the end of that round, Sandshrew is panting slightly, a sign that Clefairy is in better shape than the ground type pokemon.

    What will you do?
    Clefairy nods in acceptance with the plan, realising the risks and to opportunities it would present before lifting up her arms. Beating them against her abdomon like it was a drum, each beat inflicting more damage on her belly as additional strength surges through her body. Her whole body shudders slightly as the exchange reaches climax and whilst she looks decidedly worse for wear, she has an air of strength that shows in her posture.

    Throught the beating of bodies, Sandshrew simply lay there. Snoozing peacefully oblivious to Clefairys techniques, with the occasional gentle snore slipping past it's lips. With no sign of it waking, Clefairy takes note of this and a wicked smile flickers across her lips for a moment before disappearing like it had never been there. Waving her arms back and forth a few times before bringing them forwards and focusing them on Sandshrew, as Sandshrew tossed and turned in it's sleep as it's head glowed slightly.

    "Woah!" Yougi exclaimed as an orb of dark material suddenly appeared and floated out of Sandshrews head. The orb was quickly guided over to Clefairy by her arms and she absorbs it in completion of the move, enjoying Sandshrews dreams as her health replenished. However, as she was doing so, the small mouse-like pokemon rubbed it's eyes and yawned slightly after it's nap. It took Sandshrew a few moments to realise that it hadn't been napping in it's burrow and that instead it was in the midst of battle, something that it appeared displeased about as a barrage of stars burst forth from it's mouth.

    The swift attack flew through the desert air and easily found it's target, knocking Clefairy back as the attack shook her composure. She quickly regained it as she glared at Sandshrew, displeased at the attack she hadn't exactly been expecting.

    Yougi surveyed the pair that stood in front of him, noting all the changes and figuring out his next move. Clefairy had taken a significant drop in health for a boost, but she had recovered some of it with the Dream Eater whilst Sandshrew pants slightly suggesting that it might be a little worse for wear when compared to Clefairy. There was some distance between the two pokemon, something that had to be factored into Yougi's decision. He needed to get Clefairy close to the opposing Sandshrew with her taking as little damage as possible to maximise his edge. Suddenly, almost as if a light bulb had lit over his head, he remembered the move she would have used if Sandshrew had woken before the Dream Eater was used.

    Hoping that it would be strong enough to get her across the distance with as little harm as possible, Yougi calls out his orders.
    "Clefairy, cross the sand between you to strike it with a Zen Headbutt. Then give Sandshrew a Doubleslap for good measure."
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu:
    Clefairy nods and faces Sandshrew, the ground type staring back. The fairy's head begins to glow purple before she shoots forwards, making her way to the shrew. She does make her way over, straight into the pokemon's face. Sent flying backwards, Sandshrew picks itself up and lunges at Clefairy. Her opponent moving too quickly for her to react, Sandshrew Slashes at her face with one of its claws. Letting out a little squeal of pain, Clefairy wails into Sandshrew with her Double Slap, the strength of the attack increased due to her earlier Belly Drum. Being hit five times, Sandshrew gave one last little cry before falling to the ground unconscious. Level up for Clefairy.

    With your fight done and dusted you look across at Torkoal to see that she has defeated the Cacnea, not even looking like she was hit. Suddenly Onix lets out a roar and faces you. Clefairy gets ready to fight again, but the rock snake merely picks up Cacnea and Sandshrew and slinks away. Beside you Torkoal lets out a little sigh of relief before she suddenly turns around and runs back to her nest. Thinking that something may be wrong, you and Clefairy follow her. Catching up to the fire type at her nest, you see her standing over her eggs. Moving forward for a closer look, you see that her eggs have hatched, and that now she has three little baby Torkoals. As the babies snuggle up to their mother, one of them looks up at you with interest. It stumbles on over to you and looks up at you. It seems that the baby knows what you did for its mother and for the eggs, Torkoal must have managed to tell them before you had arrived at the altar. The look on its face tells you that it is interested in joining you and your motley team of pokemon, to go on adventures and what not.

    Upon replying to this update, you are free to leave the AR and adventure in mainstream zones. Also in addition, upon the capture of the Lv 1 Female Torkoal, you will gain access to the Egg House.

    I had a good time updating you and I hope to update you again in the future.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Under those Clouds, UK.
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Food Guy View Post
    Desert of Illusion

    Yougirasu:
    Clefairy nods and faces Sandshrew, the ground type staring back. The fairy's head begins to glow purple before she shoots forwards, making her way to the shrew. She does make her way over, straight into the pokemon's face. Sent flying backwards, Sandshrew picks itself up and lunges at Clefairy. Her opponent moving too quickly for her to react, Sandshrew Slashes at her face with one of its claws. Letting out a little squeal of pain, Clefairy wails into Sandshrew with her Double Slap, the strength of the attack increased due to her earlier Belly Drum. Being hit five times, Sandshrew gave one last little cry before falling to the ground unconscious. Level up for Clefairy.

    With your fight done and dusted you look across at Torkoal to see that she has defeated the Cacnea, not even looking like she was hit. Suddenly Onix lets out a roar and faces you. Clefairy gets ready to fight again, but the rock snake merely picks up Cacnea and Sandshrew and slinks away. Beside you Torkoal lets out a little sigh of relief before she suddenly turns around and runs back to her nest. Thinking that something may be wrong, you and Clefairy follow her. Catching up to the fire type at her nest, you see her standing over her eggs. Moving forward for a closer look, you see that her eggs have hatched, and that now she has three little baby Torkoals. As the babies snuggle up to their mother, one of them looks up at you with interest. It stumbles on over to you and looks up at you. It seems that the baby knows what you did for its mother and for the eggs, Torkoal must have managed to tell them before you had arrived at the altar. The look on its face tells you that it is interested in joining you and your motley team of pokemon, to go on adventures and what not.

    Upon replying to this update, you are free to leave the AR and adventure in mainstream zones. Also in addition, upon the capture of the Lv 1 Female Torkoal, you will gain access to the Egg House.

    I had a good time updating you and I hope to update you again in the future.
    With Clefairy nodding in response to orders, she faces the Sandshrew that stood ahead of her staring back. With a small amount of focus, her head glows a gentle purple before she pushes her self off towards the shrew with the intensity of the glow growing with each step. Crossing the gap efficiently, she makes her way over and slams into Sandshrews face, which seems to recoil in slow motion from the blow, sending it flying backwards.
    As Sandshrew recovers, picking itself up from within the sand, it quickly moves in towards Clefairy and with a lunge it slashes at her face. Being to quick to react to, all Clefairy can do is let out a small squeal of pain as Sandshrew's claws rake over her face before retaliating in frustration with an aggressive double slap. With the belly drums effect coursing through her, the 5 sets of slaps deal an intense amount of damage and as the last slap lands, catching Sandshrew under it's snout, the pokemon let's out a final timid cry before being knocked backwards with the momentum of the blow.

    Yougi looks over at Torkoal with Sandshrew KO'd, Yougi looks over at Torkoal as Clefairy celebrates her victory and the level it seemed to have brought with it. Cacnea lies a few feet from Torkoal, clearly unconscious, with Torkoal looking unharmed within the battle. A loud roar brings Yougi's attention towards Onix as it faces the two of them. Looking aggressive, Clefairy prepares to leap into battle again but the rock snake simply shifts its tail underneath the knocked out pokemon to lift them onto it's body before slinking away through the sand.

    Torkoal seems to breathe a sigh of relief with Onix's retreat from the battle scene before suddenly jerking her head round and running back towards her nest. Noticing her sharp departure, Yougi quickly follows with Clefairy and catches up to the speedy pokemon at her nest. Standing over her eggs, Yougi has to lean in closer to see exactly what was going on but the closer inspection revealed that the eggs had hatched with three baby Torkoals nuzzling against their mother. As they all snuggle against her, one of them looks up at him with interest before stumbling over for a better look.
    Looking up with curiosity and a sense of respect, Yougi assumes that their mother must have informed them of his recent actions within the desert before he arrived at the altar whilst the look on it's face showed that it was intensely interested in Yougi and his pokemon.

    Sitting down in the sand, Yougi endured the excess heat to fuss the young hatchling whilst putting some thought into the predicament that lay before him. The young Torkoal clearly seemed intent on travelling with him, but already having a fire type in Growlithe Yougi didn't love the idea of having another fire type travelling with him. One thing he had to take into account was the rumors he'd heard about certain locations within the towns, places he'd intended to visit after his trip into the desert, that required you to have a captured pokemon before you could use their services. This proved to be quite a dilemma for Yougirasu as if he was to take the young pokemon with him like it wanted, he'd be removing it from it's mother who'd taken such care of it as an egg and as a result he'd feel obligated to care for it.

    Screwing up his face with frustration, Yougi was having trouble working through the problem and although not very productive, it made him feel slightly better. It took him a while, but he eventually made a decision. Provided he could get PC access before he filled up all his available slots, he would be able to hold onto the young fire turtle and train it at a later date when Growlithe had gone and grown up to the point where he'd barely need Yougirasu.

    Taking out one of his Pokeballs, Yougi rolled it towards the young Torkoal who'd been so interested in him. In a playful response, Torkoal made an attempt to play with the Pokeball before it was taken within in a bright light, offering little resistance to the capture. Picking up the Pokeball, Yougi turned to Torkoal and said,
    "I'll be sure to take good care of her."

    With that, he turned and slowly walked with the fading sun set ahead of him, he walked towards the nearest town where he'd be able to fully rest up and decide on the location for his next travels.
    Castiel: I don't fight any more. I watch the bee's



        Spoiler:- :

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    In a house.
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
    A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.
    The sudden silence of the eerie graveyard fell onto Diego like a bag of bricks, leaving his mind stilled as he stepped through a rusted wrought iron gate to the graveyard. An even heavier sense of abandonment weighed the atmosphere down, and it felt almost as if a layer of cobwebs and dead plants were the culprit that muffled Diego's evenly paced footsteps. With his new backpack, tools, and items, Diego snickered as he thought that his destination in the center of the suffocating fog was a boarding school he enrolled at.

    Clearing out the fog and dust Lopunnies from his mind, Diego cheerfully looked up at the full moon that still shone through the blanketing fog. After enjoying that sights, his eyes flickered between the tombstones that materialized from the fog as they came into view, but only taking it in listlessly as he felt whatever was of importance to the graveyard was deeper in. Feeling the humid air thicken as He walked farther in, Diego began to be warier of his surroundings as he slowed his pace and breathing.

    With the cold fog nipping at his nose, Diego was now gazing intently at the tombstones, often stopping during his late night stroll to read an interesting engraving here and there. After taking in a few emotional messages from the last tombstones he visited, the graveyard began to feel much more alive than it had before, or perhaps undead would be the proper term at the moment... Diego anxiously clutched the PokeBall at his waist when he couldn't help but feel as if creatures invisible to the trainer were now eyeing him intently...
    Last edited by Ethe; 14th March 2011 at 4:44 AM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

    Ethe: Waking with a start, your heart beating so rapidly you feel it's about to burst from your chest, you gasp for breath before pulling your hand up to shield your eyes from the sunlight while scrambling to your feet ready to run from the dangers lurking around you. Extremely confused, it takes a moment for you to realise that you aren't in the middle of a spooky, fog-filled cemetery in the middle of the night while invisible creatures eye you hungrily, but at the entrance to Mediville's graveyard in the mid afternoon where you'd fallen asleep earlier in the day after stopping to take a rest by the large oak tree situated next to the graveyard's entrance. After taking a couple of minutes to gather yourself your eyes fall over the scene before you. Rather than a rusted wrought iron gate guarding an overgrown cemetery strewn with cobwebs and dead plants, a well kept white picket fence surrounds neatly trimmed gardens and freshly mowed lawns. This may for the most part be a graveyard belonging to a farming community, but those who live here respect those who have passed and always keep the area well maintained. Wondering why you'd managed to have such a pre-conceived notion of dark and dangerous entities, your mind returns to the whispers you've heard of strange goings-on that occur in this deceptively ordinary little place. Deciding to stick around to find out for yourself if there is any truth in those rumours you figure that with a few hours to kill before nightfall you may as well familiarise yourself with the terrain as there's no telling when you may need to know exactly where you need to be going. Wandering around the graveyard you watch people come and go as they pay their respects to lost family members, but one little boy in particular has drawn your attention. He is dressed in camouflage clothing, his face streaked with dirt as he goes about his business placing sticks and other random items in what appear to be strategic locations. His expression is determined, and lost in thought he doesn't notice anybody else, least of all you, in the vicinity. Considering he's only about seven or eight years old you're not sure he should be out here alone, especially with night is closing in, but at the same time don't feel it's your place to be telling him to run along home. When you walk close by him, he looks up suddenly, as though startled, before placing his finger to his lips. "Shhh, the vampires are coming," he whispers before scampering off around the corner of a nearby crypt and out of sight. You stare after him for a moment, taken aback, before shrugging off what he has said. Vampires, hmmpf. Vampires are mythical creatures, they're not real. Are they? Turning your attention back to the graveyard you note there are many marble crypts running along the eastern and western edges of the graveyard with countless rows of headstones taking up the main portion of the cemetery. Small gardens surround the crypts with a single, neat row of flowers running between each row of graves. It's a pretty little place, hardly one that seems at all out of the ordinary. A lady in her early thirties then approaches you, asking if you've seen an eight year old boy. Thinking back to the vampire child you realise this woman must be his very worried mother, but something in her expression makes you wonder if you should be telling her anything at all...

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
    A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.
    The chill of the snowy mountain prickled Eric's skin, causing him to instinctively curl up his arms. Underneath a black ski mask Eric grinned. "Well, I didn't realize this place would be this cold. How are you holding up, Isaac?" The Mareep bleated a relatively comfortable cry in return. His crackly yellow fur was dotted with snowflakes, but he seemed otherwise fine. Eric nodded and kept his eyes on the rocky path in front of him, dotted with patches of ice. He flexed his gloved fingers to keep them warm.

    Eric soon lost concentration and began staring down the side of the mountain, when he suddenly came into contact with some slippery ice and skidded head over heels, smashing into the ground. "Motherfudger!" Eric muttered under his breath to a snickering chorus of "Re-heeheep!" from Isaac. Standing up, Eric quickly scanned his body for bruises, raising the legs of his ski pants and the sleeves of his thick jacket. Content that there was no blood, Eric strided along on the mountain.

    Occasionally a particularly thick patch of snow would grab his attention, and Eric would mindlessly paw together a rough snowball and test his aim at a nearby rock. The path was soon littered by chunks of snow. Most of the snowballs sailed past, missing by a few inches. One hit Isaac, who playfully tackled Eric into the snow with a bleat of "Maarrr!" as retribution. They shared a laugh before brushing the snow out of their wool/clothes and continuing on, their spirits heightened. Eric's mind started to wander once more, and he gazed around them, intrigued by the frozen landscape.

    ((Here is my registration post, just in case.))
    Last edited by Copygoo; 25th March 2011 at 9:01 PM.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
    According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.
    Truth Amazon walked through the so-called 'Forest of Adventure, somewhat hoping that the 'adventure' part would start soon. Thus far, the place had proven incredibly boring. He had rather quickly chosen this destination after hearing its name, and was now beginning to wonder if he'd chosen badly.

    He was dressed in his full The Mighty Doof uniform, wearing fairly normal, if a little tight, clothes, coloured in many different shades of brown. Tied around his neck was a brown cape that reached his ankles. Upon his head was a sort of crossbreed between a hat and a mask in the shape of a Bidoof's face. It covered his face down to just above his mouth, but he was able to see due to the eyes being made from one-way transparent material. Small tufts of messy brown hair stuck out slightly from underneath the hat/mask.

    He let out a sigh of boredom. He at least needed some company. He took the Pokeball from his belt. Doof Jr was probably napping or something but tough. He pushed the button on the Pokeball, releasing the Bidoof in a burst of white light. He looked up at Truth, a look of annoyance on his face.

    "Dooooooooof!" He complained.

    "Deal with it," replied Truth. "I'm sick of walking on my own."

    Doof Jr harrumphed but began to walk alongside his master as they made their way deeper into the green-tinted shade of the trees.
    Done here.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,923

    Default

    I'd like to offer the three of you - Ethe, Copygoo and themightydoof - my apologies. I'd rather be a reliable Mod than an unreliable updator so several things will be changing in the near future.

    As of now the Arcane Realm is being permanently shut down. It may return one day, but that is unlikely.

    If any of you are still interested in taking part in this RPG you are free to enter other zones.

    There are changes in store for FB, long overdue changes, which are just around the corner.

    Hopefully you'll now find there is more to FB than waiting on updates, so sit tight and hopefully it won't be long before activity starts to pick up again.
    New Sig Coming

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •