Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Elite Meet & Greet! (503)

Default An Elite Meet & Greet! (503)

An Elite Meet & Greet!

On their way to Eterna City, Ash & co. meet up with Lucian, a member of the Elite Four in Sinnoh. Dawn is eager to test out her newly captures Buizel and challenges Lucian to a battle. Is Dawn biting off more than she can chew? Will Buizel be up to the challenge?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode also seems to show cameos of the Sinnoh elite four and champion
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

well this is the first time some guy from the elite four talked about the elite four..
    and Buizel looks amazed from Lucian..
    WHY? TOGEPI, WHY? Curse you and your Metronome that lost me an Exp. Share.

Apparently, Lucien mentioned that someone has to win a tournament to battle the E4, or something...

Foreshadowing?

Maybe, and if Ash does win any tournament, maybe he could challenge the E4.

~ Signature under Construction ~

| Lucian and Grimsley are mine. Touch and I will cut you. | That also applies to Houndoom. | Clock: Equal-To-Heaven |

You would have to probably win the anime Sinnoh League Tornament

Hah, I was wondering how the normally calm Croagunk would react with bad-*** Buizel. And look, we have a rivalry it seem.

{edit: I never noticed Buneary was heart-eyed)

Wow...Lucian makes a Girafarig look like it can do something in battle. That's saying something!

Speculation thread was already closed, so I apologize for posting this here. I really hope the humbling that Buizel faced doesn't change its bad-*** attitude.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I hope that this Croagunk/Buizel rivalry is expanded on, because they're probably my favorite Pokemon on the main team right now.

Also the <_> face Lucian's Bronzong keeps making is awesome.

The first part was Lucian's talk with the group was something like: "People who win the Sinnoh League, along with the Hoenn League and Johto League, are invited to join the Champion's League, where my partners and I are waiting".

God knows wether that means that each region's E4 govern their own Champion's League, or all region's winners take part in the same one. The lack of Kanto being mentioned was odd, maybe their version was ditched in favour of the Battle Frontier.

The whole thing reeked of foreshadowing, what with Lucian saying that he will face Ash in the Champion's League and all. (Maybe he's part Xatu)

On another note, I love Bronzong's hovering noise, as well as Meowth's fantasy this time.

I was suprised by how Gyro Ball looked in the episode I thought it would be like a steel rollout but it looks like a spining Focus Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonmon View Post
    The first part was Lucian's talk with the group was something like: "People who win the Sinnoh League, along with the Hoenn League and Johto League, are invited to join the Champion's League, where my partners and I are waiting".

God knows wether that means that each region's E4 govern their own Champion's League, or all region's winners take part in the same one. The lack of Kanto being mentioned was odd, maybe their version was ditched in favour of the Battle Frontier.

The whole thing reeked of foreshadowing, what with Lucian saying that he will face Ash in the Champion's League and all. (Maybe he's part Xatu)

On another note, I love Bronzong's hovering noise, as well as Meowth's fantasy this time.
    ....heehee, partners. 8D *coughcoughAaroncough*

Purrrrrrr.

Wow, this sounds fun! I can't believe they might actually foreshadowing a starring role for the Elite Four later on! DP could well be the saga from heaven if it continues not only continuing AG's strong points but also rectifying its few weak points. I could well have a new favourite saga if Ash does make it that far... it does raise questions about whether Tyson got to challenge the Hoenn Elite Four as well.
    I wonder if Aaron, Flint, Cynthia and Bertha will also have appearances along the line. Flint seems to be friends with Volkner, and the 8th gym won't be long before this challenge takes place (if it does). We could even conclude the rumours that Agatha and Bertha are related... which could tie her into Professor Oak... and Cynthia can appear in her game cameo places.

Huzzah for the shopkeep!

CYNTHIA? OMG CYNTHIA! *fanboy scream*

When I saw that pic of the E4's on Korobooshi Kojiro's Mukkubird Blog, I jumped up and screamed the above, and then I fell off my chair.

You have to beat the Johto and Hoenn championships as well? Ash lost, though! And if he did go back and win them, it might mean seeing Will, Sidney, and Pheobe, I hope...

(Flint = Afro = Awesomeness.)

Too bad Steel's resistant to poison, Croagunk running in and jabbing his glowing claw up the *** Cannon would've been funny. But Brock didn't battle Lucian, right?

Can't wait for epi pics.

What did TR plan to do?

EDIT: I think I misunderstood some above sentences. Ash needs to beat all three leagues to challenge the Sinnoh E4, or Ash needs to beat each league to challenge that regions E4?
    Last edited by Jonah; 25th May 2007 at 7:22 PM.
    ColosseumShipping (Wes x Rui) claimed by me. Other claimed ships: FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn). I also support RangerShipping, HoennShipping, and AccidentialShipping.
    This cake is great, it's so delicious and moist.
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    So if you put Giratina and Arceus in the daycare together, will the daycare man say something like, "The two Pokemon are completely ignoring each other"? Or will he say "The two Pokemon are trying to kill each other! Oh, deary me! THEY'RE KILLING THE POOR BUNEARIES! SAVE THE BUNEARIES! OH DEARY ME!"

That guy with the Scizor looks like the cowboy from the Absol episode, but with different clothes. 0.o

Well, the episode was indeed quite enjoyable. Lots of little things that made it fun ^^

The Elite Four cameo made me happy. He even went on and named each of them, and acknowledged that Shirona was the Champion, too! Big step up from Hoenn and that makes me hopeful. Chances are we'll encounter at least some of them along the road. I'm crossing my fingers for Ooba and Shirona. Ryo maybe, but Kikuno seems kind of dull when you stick her next to a guy with a bright red afro, another guy with bright green hair, and a good-looking Champion ^^;

Buizel and Greggle interaction was funny. Who would have thought? Its rare to see Greggle get worked up about anything, but hey. He's got to have other stuff to do than drag Brock away from Joys.

Buizel kept using attacks other than those Dawn was commanding, and went all emo when it lost. Aww. Hope it doesn't lose its bad*** streak after this...

And Lucian commanding Buizel in the end? I really didn't get what that was about...was he showing Dawn how Buizel should battle or something?

Apparently, Lucien mentioned that someone has to win a tournament to battle the E4, or something...
    Really? Niice. That shows that the writers are sticking more to the games than ever. But I'm glad for that. It would make things more interesting than the done-before Sinnoh League Championship where you work your way up as always to win that trophy....

Too bad Steel's resistant to poison, Croagunk running in and jabbing his glowing claw up the *** Cannon would've been funny. But Brock didn't battle Lucian, right?
    How would that work out? Greggle would probably get stuck seeing that its completely hollow under there :3
    "Why don't you buy your cane in a medical supply store like a normal cripple?"

And Lucian commanding Buizel in the end? I really didn't get what that was about...was he showing Dawn how Buizel should battle or something?
    Lucien was showing Dawn how she had to be in-sync with Buizel, and both of them think-alike to better syncronize their Team Work, which they did at the final fight with Lucien.

Buizel sad...was friggen cute.

Aww. Hope it doesn't lose its bad*** streak after this...
    Next episode shows it with it's arm crossed, so I seriously doubt it. It just learned to work with Dawn better, which was the plot of this episode.

Although, Team Rocket not wanting Bronzong because it didn't have any crazy use that Giovanni could make do with in his daily life was funny, cause...you know, it's a friggen E4 Pokemon with an *** Cannon.

But...Giovanni wearing it on his head was cool. In fact, they could make a whole Tv Series of that.

"Supaa Sentai Dootarangaa!!"

Oh, and the music that played when Buizel fought Bronzong the first time ROCKED! I don't remember it playing anytime before.

So a rivalry between Buizel and Croagunk; thats awesome.

But what really topped this episode was, yes there was an E4 member, but also plotline basis for Ash to acxtually challenge them. I REALLY want to see this.

Oh man, their making this better than what i thought. After no one getting a fire pokemon, i thought it would suck, but it doesnt.
    "I am the way, the truth, and the light. Nobody goes through the father except through me." -John 14:6.I REP JESUS!
    Name:AJ
    FC:1504 3131 8429

pm before adding

As mentioned, I thought it was quite funny that TR initially wanted to steal Bronzong to give to the Boss, but Meowth couldn't think of a good use for it, so they took Buizel instead.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Huh, didn't expect to see Lucian's Girafarig.
    And it's great to see them mention the other three E4 members AND Cynthia is the champion.
    Buizel got owned, heh. And TR can't think of a good thing for Bronzong to do for the boss, thats got to be a first.

The following review is HIPPIE-LICIOUS!

- When are they gonna stop this "10th Anniversary" crap, anyways?
    - Buizel vs. Piplup - Who's the bigger brat?
    - Buizel and Croagunk are like pirates and ninjas. Croagunk is the pirate, BTW.
    - A mysterious hippie is reading up on his hippie slang. The tinted glasses hint that he's a stoner hippie.
    - The hippie is seen on TV! Likely a modern music video for "Incense and Peppermints".
    - Hippies and cowboys get along like pirates and ninjas.
    - The hippie tells the gang about the 4 friends he met in 'nam.
    - Dawn is challenged by the hippie, who sends out...BRONZONG THE INANIMATE OBJECT!
    - Buizel fails to pierce Bronzong the Inaimate Object's multi-purpose insulation exterior!
    - The hippie fires the BEATNIK BEAM out of Bronzong's hole!
    - Weasels and door ornaments get along like pirates and ninjas.
    - Meowth fantasizes about the Inanimate Object's multiple uses, including dance partner, weight, monk outfit, anchor, etc.
    - Ballad version of Hikari's Theme, with Emo Buizel to boot!
    - TR battle, Buizel has change of character, hippie smokes pot, blah, blah, blah...end of episode.

Decent episode. It was nice to have an Elite 4 member who doesn't appear just to "teach Ash a lesson". It seems as if the writers are actually pushing to introduce the entire Elite 4 this time around, as opposed to just one or two members from previous regions.

EDIT: Finally got the damn post to show up in the thread.
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 26th May 2007 at 5:51 AM.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

If Ash makes it past the Leauge and challanges the E4 that really would be freakin amazing. I'd love that, any ways the episode was very good. It was a nice change to see a girl member challange the member.

For the record folks, keep in mind the anime's never been too big on foreshadowing. >.>

Episode turned out a lot better then I thought it would be. Satoshi actully got a brain and decided not to fight the Elite Four member, a nice rivalry between Buizel and Croagunk, Bronzong the Terrible's @55 CANNON gets a 10/10, and we get to see a glipse of the extreme smexiness that is Cynthia. Here's hoping she shows up in this league. ./'

So yeah, good stuff, good stuff. Just don't get your hopes up about the Elite Four battles guys.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Anyone understood exactly which moves Lucian's PKMN used?
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast