Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: An Elite Meet & Greet! (503)

Quote Originally Posted by buneary dude View Post
    Only problem I had with it was Lucian. I saw him talking and I'm like, "She's a guy!?"
    How could you not know that? Lucian is a male name. He doesn't even have a female figure.

Quote Originally Posted by PixieMaster View Post
    HOWEVER...I didnt like the way they said Lucians name. Isnt it supposed to be Lu-si-an
    And not Lu-shan?
    Just because they didn't pronounce it the way you do doesn't mean it's wrong. There's nothing wrong with that pronunciation. I've heard both before. And considering how it's spelled, the pronunciation is ambiguous.
    Last edited by Geodude; 4th November 2007 at 5:07 AM.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I like the way Buizel fights. His fighting skills kind of reminds me of Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto.

It was a good episode, the battles with buizel and bronzong were awesome and with the debut of gyro ball and flash cannon
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Just because they didn't pronounce it the way you do doesn't mean it's wrong. There's nothing wrong with that pronunciation. I've heard both before. And considering how it's spelled, the pronunciation is ambiguous.
    I did not state his name was completely wrong
    I stated that I thought his name was pronounced Lu-si-an.
    If they pronounce his name Lu-shan, thats fine. I just dont like how they pronounce it. I certainly dont hate it though. It is ambiguous, I agree. Lets try not to get this into a full-out debate however.
    [IMG]http://i26.*******.com/2v8sqap.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I love that they are foreshadowing Ash challenging the Elite 4. Plus Sad Buizel was the best thing in this episode and Dawn's development too. She learned a lot.

Ok. This is kinda where I had issues with this episode.

First - Lucian makes it sound like you had to be a native of the Sinnoh region in order to challenge the Elite 4. I didn't think it was explained well enough at all.

Second - Right now (don't know about the future), Buizel is Dawn's Pokemon, yet when it was depressed, she didn't do anything to try and cheer it up. Ash and Lucian did!

Other than that (unfortunately they were kind of key points of this episode), this was a pretty good episode. Don't know what it sounded like as Dotakun, but Bronzong sounded pretty good. The Buizel/Croagunk moments were cute too.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

good episode. I liked the way they explained about the elite 4 and buizei being depressed was cute although i agree the swap should happen now npw ive seen some other episodes. Crogaunk was funny too. overall good episode

I liked the ep, the plot was great it and was interesting that they focused on Buizel. I thought it was good to have an ep that focused on Buizel. It was newly added to the team and they had to portrait him in an ep, wgich they did great.

About Buizels strength, well he did fought a Pokemon trained by an Elite Four, of course he would lose. The part were they explanined what had to be done in order to be über champion/Master was great. I think that foreshadowed the future of the shows plot.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

I love the way they show flash canon it looks awsom

Im working on my sig. In the mean time watch swampert dance

Quote Originally Posted by Swampert_22 View Post
    I love the way they show flash canon it looks awsom
    Wish Gyro Ball was just as flashy.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

yay im happy cause in the episode to get into the champions league you gotta win at your home league so ash is going BACK to kanto =)
    To the writers of pokemon MAKE Ash's pokemon evolve. Squirtle and Bulbasaur should have evolved a long time ago.

To be one you must believe you are one.
    My DP Team:

The banner was over 46,800 pixels, so it was killed off. Please read the signature rules.

We all agree then that...... This EP was EPIC!!! WOOT!!!!
    Oh and Ash get Buizel in Upcoming Episode
    Have a good day you all.
    Here are my frends

That's the funniest title I knew of, " An Elite Meet and Greet". That's because Hikari(Dawn) challenges Lucian and his Bronzong using her Buizel, traded by Ash after some episodes. Keep it going, Dawn! Your Buizel can do it(if it learned a powerful move)!

This episode made me think of the Jerk Charizard era, with the not-so-experienced Ash having the ultra-strong Charizard that wouldn't obey him. At least Buizel's uncooperative period is thankfully short, but I couldn't help feeling glad that he got his butt handed to him on a stick by Lucian in the first match. At least things improve by the end.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Oh my goodness. I hate Lucian's voice. With a fiery passion so agonizing that it hurts. D:

Aside from that flaming dislike, the episode itself was okay overall. Buizel's personality was really shown off well ^^ lol, the best line was Ash, "Oh man, when you get stared down by Croagunk and nothing happens, then it's really serious!" Truer words were never spoken ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I liked this episode. It is one of my favorites from diamond and pearl.

seeing Lucian the top elite four member being introduced early was great to see. although im not so sure about his characteristic. he jus seems normal and boring

Apart from Lucian's voice, this episode was alright. Dawn challenging an Elite Four Member was surprising, but welcome nonetheless. Buizel's rather strong in this episode against Bronzong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooplissotto View Post
    Apart from Lucian's voice, this episode was alright. Dawn challenging an Elite Four Member was surprising, but welcome nonetheless. Buizel's rather strong in this episode against Bronzong.
    yep i agree bronzong seemed as if it had stronger defense then in the games lol

it surprised me that buizel was so strong in this episode, afterall it was against an E4 member.

oh well it was a nice episode for the rest.

Episode was exellent and I liked Lucian and his Bronzong. The Depressed Weasel was great, too...

I thought Buizel put up a good fight considering it was against an Elite 4 Pokemon.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Its nice to see an E4 member in the anime...i like this episode ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It only took eleven freakin' years, but we finally got our damn explanation about how the Elite 4 operates in the anime. Past Elite 4 members only really showed up for the sake of putting Satoshi in his place, only to never show up again. And while Goyou does the same to Buizel & Hikari here, we get actual insight into the E4 challenge and Champion that acts as potential but not definitive foreshadowing. I really do think it would be unfortunate if this build-up were all for nothing, but it was nice that after a decade of speculation, we finally learned how the quartet is challenged. And Goyou is a pretty cool guy, as was Dotakun quite literally pulling tricks out of its ***.

One thing that does disappoint me is that we see a potential rivalry between Greggle and Buizel here (you can see the hype regarding it in the earlier posts here), but it was never brought up again once. It's a shame as it could have proved quite interesting. It's also funny to see how people pegged Buizel as Hikari's version of disobedient Lizardon, when in reality, her version would come much later in the saga. My other minor complaint is that once TR enters the picture, the episode morphs into familiar E4 episode territory and ends fairly typically. But it's a pretty solid episode up until that point, and while the battle was basically a slaughter, it wasn't over in a flash or anything.

B+
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Oh god, it took me forever to find this episode. >>

I liked it though. It was nice to see Lucian, though I did not like his voice. Like Wallace and Steven, his voice didn't match his character (or at least what I had expected); I think he (and the other two) should have had softer voices.

And I never realized until recently, but Buizel is adorable. ; 3;
    I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!

Word.

Great episode. finaly someone else fight vs elite four. Buizel was upset, but finaly it ovecome it's problems.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast