Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Secret Sphere of Influence! (504)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    And they make a game reference:"the Adamant Orb boosts the power of the Pokémon Dialga." I didn't think they would go that far, but hey, it makes it that much better.
    Really? This episode was practically made of game references, from what I saw. Every one of the myths was almost exactly the same as its counterpart in D/P (some of them were mentioned exclusively in the library, though). So it's not surprising that they would make a reference with the Orb. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
    Really? This episode was practically made of game references, from what I saw. Every one of the myths was almost exactly the same as its counterpart in D/P (some of them were mentioned exclusively in the library, though). So it's not surprising that they would make a reference with the Orb. ^^;
    Well, it's a lot different then what they used to do. What I meant by that post is that it seems that they're adding more and more game references to the show than they ever did. It's pretty neat and makes it more entertaining to see how they manage to integrate it and all. It's a different schtick as to what they were doing in the past seasons.

That's what I meant. And it is cool that they do this as it makes it way more relate-able if you've played the games.

And, from what I've noticed, is it just me or are they really advertising more things than they've ever done in the past other than Pokémon?(Wii-mote and Nunchuk attachments, a mecha that looks remarkably similar to a transformer, the quota "more than meets the eye", twice in the show so far(though I don't quite remember which episode they said it first)) I know it looks like I'm going a little deep into all of this, I just thought I'd bring it up due to noticing Jenny said a famous quota.

~C_L~

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

a good episode 10\10 lol that was strange whith two jennys

This episode had a whole lot of characters, plot and continuity going on. Seriously...it seems like hell has frozen over.

But Magma/Aqua started off sounding really promising too, and we know how they ended up. Let's hope that this time the foreshadowing actually amounts to something.

Meh, I found it weird that Arcues wasn't directly mentioned. You'd think a pokemon of his status would get more recognition.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Meh, I found it weird that Arcues wasn't directly mentioned. You'd think a pokemon of his status would get more recognition.
    Isn't it kind of early to mention Arceus? After all, the episode was dedicated as a reference to the 10th movie.

I lol'd at when Jessie dropped the orb because of the stink, she said "I'm throwing my hands up in disgust!" How bad has it gotten that 4Kids has to make a mockery of the series just to get viewers. At least it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Prisoner View Post
    I got no pocket, so i had my gameboy in my pants... Because of that, no one wanted to play with me... Also, i screamed the name of the attacks and had to see a psychiatric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari. View Post
    I saw a Shiny Mewtwo in my Red then I ran away because I found it scary.
    I thought Pikachu evolves to Zapdos.
    My brother said that a pokemon name Magikarp is the strongestPokemon and he had one. I traded my Venusaur holding Master balll to him.
    Everytime I beat the elite I restarted on my RED because I thought that was the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Trainer View Post
    Isn't it kind of early to mention Arceus? After all, the episode was dedicated as a reference to the 10th movie.
    werent kyogre and groudon mentioned earlier?

Great episode. And very informative.

I wasn't so sure of Brock's voice in this episode. It made me wish Eric Stuart was still there. Oh, well.

Quote Originally Posted by killer74 View Post
    Well they were mentioned when they were being talked about.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This was a good enough episode in japanese but when did it air in English? Last week it said there were no new episodes and this week it was just the gym battle episode with Gardenia...
    That awkward moment when three years after inactivity you feel the need to come back to the fandom.

They should've given Viridian's Jenny a different actress instead of having Emily Williams talking to herself.

Anyway, this was an ok episode. This episode isn't anything big to write home about, but it does have a few moments like the adamant orb, Sunflora, the legends of the creation of Sinnoh just to name a few. Jessie constantly dropping the adamant orb was priceless. It's like she's begging "Oh, I want to keep the orb to myself so that I can look beautiful, control a mighty Pokemon God of the world, and all that stuff evil is known for." Lol.
    Haxorus has been pitted against a Raticate in a pokemon battle. Who will get to make the first move?

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone2356 View Post
    This was a good enough episode in japanese but when did it air in English? Last week it said there were no new episodes
    Last week, obviously. Just look at when the posts commenting on the English version started.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingShadowPhoenix View Post
    I lol'd at when Jessie dropped the orb because of the stink, she said "I'm throwing my hands up in disgust!" How bad has it gotten that 4Kids has to make a mockery of the series just to get viewers. At least it worked.
    Uh, 4Kids doesn't dub the show anymore. PUSA does. o__o And I don't think that was exactly a mockery of the show, just a dumb pun they used to fill in Musashi's dialogue for Jessie.

I liked the small touch of adding the miodel of the space time towers from the tenth movie

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

That's where Dialga and Palkia had their cameo appearances. So is Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie. Well, in the last part. Then Team Galactic had their first appearance.

I think I would have liked the episode a little better if they hadn't been showing it in fast-forward (that got to be a headache after a while), but I liked the story. Another great appearance by Gardenia, and Nando made things entertaining. Plus, Team Rocket had some great scenes.

I haven't been too enthused by Team Galactic, though. They aren't as cool as Team Rocket, and their plotline isn't as clear or interesting as Team Magma and Aqua's. Heck, even the PMC team ("Wish Upon a Star Shape", "Crazy as a Lunatone") has been more entertaining. I can only hope future episodes with these baddies will make them at least remotely interesting.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by killer74 View Post
    Yeah like in the second advance episode. They didn't say there names or anything but I think they just showed a pICTURE of there body and make the things glow

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    The New Ranger From Hoeen
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.
    Styler Level: 33
    On Mission: 14: Get The Yellow Gem!
    Credits To Sweet May For The Banner

There was lots of no! moments in this episode. Like when the adamant orb almost broke,team rocket has the adamant orb and Team Galactic hired them.If team Rocket got to Team Galactic stuff bad would have happened.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Good foreshadowing.

I was like when Jessie was liek I'm throwing my hands in discuss!
    I'm like your gonna drop it then wobbafet caught it I was like
    THANK GOD or the whole DP plot and Dialga Palkia thing would be ruined Grr Jessie be more careful lol
    And love when Mewoth didn't want to take his coustume off lol

Pokemon Ranger Dan
    That Was turned into a Pokemon once... Than Turned Back Into A Human To Become A Ranger.

You like do like realize like you like say like like all the like time like right like?

Yeah, dropping it would ruin the entire plot! Not.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Do you like know I like don't care like yeah
    Anyways I'm glad we got to see a glimps of Saturn at the end wish he had talked tho

Pokemon Ranger Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DanChimchar View Post
    Do you like know I like don't care like yeah
    It's not good the second time around.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

good episode. It was nice to get a glimpse of team galactic.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast