Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Grass Menagerie! (505)

I loved that the Underground made it's appearance in the anime. Underground Man is quite the con-artist. >_>

Marry the Night

Nah, I don't think that was Underground Man who gives you the gear in the games (and also, according to someone I believe in Sunnyshore, mentions he's related to Roark and Byron...probably the grandad), but one of those miners who sell you stuff.

I think gardenia was jelous when she lost, i mean, she often have a cheerful attitude but when she lost she had a face of...she was happy but not

Quote Originally Posted by cassius335 View Post
    Loved the Aipom vs Roserade battle. So THAT was Grass Knot? Interesting. Pity Nozomi wasn't around to see the Speed Star Circle Combination Crash in action.

Wonder if Aipom's going to get Screech and/or Agility. They're next on her Lvl up list.
    How did Aipom do that swirling SWIFT thing?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    yet Gardenia had to recall it before since it couldn't stand up to a single razor leaf?
    That obviously wasn't the point of sending it out. She was using it to gauge the strength of Ash's Turtwig before sending out her own to battle it. Why else would she give it absolutely no commands?

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Stupid computer acting up again...anyways...

Yay, Mukkubird gets some spotlight! About time. Kind of stinks that they had it battle only Solar-Beam-happy-Cherubi, but even so, it was pretty darn cool. Like when it flew up high to dodge Magical Leaf and all that (I'm surprised it didn't get light-headed at such altitudes. Well, its used to it on a daily basis, so...). Would have wanted more showtime for him, but ah well. Better than nothing.

Turtwig vs. Turtwig was a given. Though I found it funny how Natane's got stuck in the tree when it was up against Mukkubird. This battle was pretty good. Nothing incredible, but good.

Yesss! Aipom instead of Pikachu? Thank God! The little ape deserves a win for being such a most non-uber Pokemon. And after that entrance, my liking for Aipom has gone way up. And those Contest-techniques were pretty cool too. As for Roserade? I'm glad it got decent animation. ^^ But...crashing through a tree and literally slicing it by the trunk after being hit by Focus Punch was a tad unbelievable. Just a tad~
    "Why don't you buy your cane in a medical supply store like a normal cripple?"

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro Kinético View Post
    I think that the Naetle battle wqas cheap because whilst Mukkubird got KOed by a leech seed Naetle stayed strong even if it had battled before. The same goes with the bird loosing to a grass Pokemon, that tree thing was cheap.

Of course this are my opinions.
    If you were paying any attention, Muku.BIRD wasn't KO'd by the Leech Seed, and it was inf act the combination of both that and a Tackle attack by Gardenia's Turtwig that finished the job.
    Second (and this is the most important factor), Ash's Turtwig began to use Synthesis as soon as the Leech Seed began to take effect, meaning it was restoring it's own health the entire time. Compare this to Muku.BIRD, who has no such luxury. Gardenia's Turtwig used Leaf Storm, but the attack missed, so Ash's Turtwig managed to regain even more of it's health, essentially negating the Leech Seed's effect. By this point, Gardenia's Turtwig had taken a large amount of damage, and it was the pokémon in the most danger. It's also worth mentioning that the damage Ash's Turtwig received from the final Tackle attack used against it caused a significant amount of damage, possibly just as much damage as Muku.BIRD had sustained.
    Turtwig and Muku.BIRD took the same amount of hits, but Turtwig restored it's health half-way through the battle. I don't understand how this is cheap - please explain. The way you present your argument makes it sound as if you didn't even watch the episode, as you're missing key points that go against your claims.

As for the 'tree thing', I have no idea what you're refering to. If you're talking about the characters crashing into the trees and such...so what? The battlefield was full of them. It's no different from characters crashing into walls or falling out the ring, which has been happening since day one.

And you've yet to explain how the Cherubi battle was cheap. It used the battle conditions to it's advantage (with it's ability Chlorophyll and the fact that Solar Beam can be used like a regular attack in strong sunlight), so what exactly was cheap about that? If you're thinking of the last battle it had against Ash's pokémon, that was clearly just a test to gauge Ash's strength, as Geodude already explained.
    Or if it's the fact that Magical Leaf wasn't 100% accurate, that's silly, because moves of this nature often miss their target in the show, and (again) it's been that way since the series first started.

Having an opinion is fine and all, but generally, it's required that you at least get your facts straight before you try to judge something.
    Last edited by Gravy; 11th June 2007 at 2:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    How did Aipom do that swirling SWIFT thing?
    I still would like an explaination here.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

So would we. What do you mean by that? I know what you're referring to, but what exactly do you want explained?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
    So would we. What do you mean by that? I know what you're referring to, but what exactly do you want explained?
    How does Aipom get her stars to surround Roserade. Was Focus Punch involved?

I think that Aipom is able to manipulate her attack to do things it normally can't, when it's in a Contest mentality (like then). Enough, at least, that it could defy physics and actually work out well.

Either that or a wizard did it.

I won something. Click above to find out why.

How does Aipom get her stars to surround Roserade. Was Focus Punch involved?
    No, but it did use Focus Punch after to send one star into the circle, knocking them all into Roserade.

Wait, who animated this? Iwane, or Shimura?

Marry the Night

No, but it did use Focus Punch after to send one star into the circle, knocking them all into Roserade.
    Cool. Paul better watch out for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seijiro Mafuné View Post
    I think that Aipom is able to manipulate her attack to do things it normally can't, when it's in a Contest mentality (like then). Enough, at least, that it could defy physics and actually work out well.

Either that or a wizard did it.
    Obviously the wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Mist View Post
    Wait, who animated this? Iwane, or Shimura?
    IIRC, Shimura.

Frankly (and ignoring a certain someone who thought the battles were cheap), I enjoyed the entire battle. From MUKU.BIRD. rocketing vertically to dodge the Magical Leaf, to Turtwig owning Gardenia's Turtwig even when Leech Seeded(which I'm sure the Pokémon games-only elitists are *****ing about), to Aipom using DT to get past Grass Knot, to the finale of Aipom's circling Swift hitting Roserade, the entire episode was full of win. Shame that Iwane didn't do this episode.

FC: 3180-5269-0929

How did Grass Knot work in this episode?

How did Grass Knot work in this episode?
    A knot of grass appears in the grass.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    A knot of grass appears in the grass.
    How did it trip Turtwig?

Great battles. Especially the finale, you had to feel happy for Aipomn at the end .

How did it trip Turtwig?
    It came up in front of Turtwig and it tripped over it. Is it really that hard to picture?

It came up in front of Turtwig and it tripped over it. Is it really that hard to picture?
    No, but the images I have don't show this.

Two leaves of grass tied up into a knot, and Turtwig, which was running toward Roserade, tripped and fell.

That's how I can explain.

Gardenia's gym battle had more action than Roark's, in my opinion. Especially at the end. Aipom was really awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by reehee View Post
    Two leaves of grass tied up into a knot, and Turtwig, which was running toward Roserade, tripped and fell.

That's how I can explain.

Gardenia's gym battle had more action than Roark's, in my opinion. Especially at the end. Aipom was really awesome.
    Anyone here find it weird that Ash does better when Paul's NOT around?

Anyway, YAY STARAVIA!!!

Ash hates Paul. Paul hates Ash. Ash wants to prove to Paul he isn't a weakling. Thus, he did stupid stuff last time because he wasn't wanting a badge as much as making Paul STFU and stop mistreating/releasing his Pokémon.

End of.

I won something. Click above to find out why.

Sounded a bit harsh, but I think that's right...

Ash was more focused on showing off to Paul what he can do, rather than what he really was aiming for.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast